View Poll Results: Which shall it be!
Option 1! 22 59.46%
Option 2! 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2014, 12:43 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
I don't want to sound naggy but you guys aren't posting this on the wiki. So it's likely it will become forgotten.
Oops, my bad. Usually, I post it on the wiki immediately.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:38 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
I don't want to sound naggy but you guys aren't posting this on the wiki. So it's likely it will become forgotten.
Nothing in this thread is ever forgotten. I sometimes post half-done stuff here for safe keepings.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:52 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Nothing in this thread is ever forgotten. I sometimes post half-done stuff here for safe keepings.
It might be archived in this thread, but that doesn't mean it can't be forgotten within the pages(currently 80 for me).

For example the text you posted could be saved in the story section of the wiki.

EDIT:I also need to know a few things about wind elves. When and why did they leave Jebrak.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:21 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
It might be archived in this thread, but that doesn't mean it can't be forgotten within the pages(currently 80 for me).

For example the text you posted could be saved in the story section of the wiki.

EDIT:I also need to know a few things about wind elves. When and why did they leave Jebrak.
That has been written many times. It is in the timeline on the Wiki.

The old elven empire crumbled under it's own decadence due to the influence of the emerging Trinity of Shadows. The servants of Arianrhod, Asmodis and the alien deity known as Shalangesh enslaved the elves. The elven gods found themselves powerless, the goddes of the earth lay dying from an assassination attempt by Arianrhod and Asmodis. The only god that still held any power were Zethus but he was at first not enough to break the chains on the minds and souls of the elves. Things escalated with complete chaos and unrest in the empire until the first Valkyri rose to free his people from the chains of the Trinity. This started a chain reaction that the other gods regained small amounts of power which allowed for small pockets of resistance in several cities. In the end these resistance groups fled the cities and congregated in the northern farmlands. The small resistances of the various cities would become the tribes of the wind elves. A great ritual were performed involving all of the resistance elves and the elven gods. The first Valkyri sacrificed himself to rebirth/rejuvenate the goddess of the earth. She emerged more powerful than before and her wrath descended upon the decadent elven empire. Fertile and bountiful farmlands turned to desert, rivers dried and a tremendous sandstorm buried the ancient elven cities under sand.
After this the proto-tribes abandoned their dead homeland and began to migrate northwards.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 07-05-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 02:29 AM

Elune

Hmm ok around 5k years is enough for what I've planned.

How many years should I make the old goblin empire last?

EDIT: Ok let's try this again.

The story of Jebrak since the Elven races abandoned it consists of several imperial ages of hundreds of year when one race ruled and enslaved the rest. Between each of those imperial ages there were several dragon ages were no race had enough strength to fight off the dragons and their populations boomed. Various groups of dragons often conspired to keep the nations of Jebrak down so they could extend the Dragon Ages further.

The goblin empire was born from a Dragon age 837 years ago when Julio-Kai and the Goblin Empress betrayed the Mountain King and took over his nation, imprisoning him in the cursed prison of the demigods. They would conquer and rule the continent for the next 687 years until the god Malvar caused the Cataclysm of Rorolark destroying the capital of this empire and most of their military during a military holiday parade. This would be followed by the most destructive dragon age ever, due to Malvar's berserker curse. The emperors would be slain 5 years later at the hands of a escaped Mountain King with their souls becoming bound to his scales.

This Dragon age lasted 2 decades until the remnants of the empire, the Jungle and Desert section pulled themselves together and reformed the empire. This time instead of a single race ruling over the rest, the Republic promised equality and justice for all, as long as they followed the Ramaldian Sphere. The Mountain king reformed his nation with the mountain goblins, now dropping most of the morals he once held for the sake of achieving godhood. The Eastern Aloese Trade Initiative formed from the merchant nations of Crag Goblins seeking to profit from the Republic sides. When the Berserker curse started to subside the Volcanic goblin nation formed and joined the republic while the dragons reconquered their ancient capital from the Mountain king and remade the flight market they had made before.

The Republic of Jebrak would expand through the continents and start colonising others 1 decade ago.

Any opinions or problems with this?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Eternal Watcher

It looks good.

One idea I've been spinning is that of a future world war between the three major powers which drags in the middle powers. At first a three way war based upon religious, national, cultural and ethnical strife, later moving on to other continent with some budding empire seeking to increase their holds and power and with some picking sides.
It would be the solcu version of the first world war.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:48 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
It looks good.

One idea I've been spinning is that of a future world war between the three major powers which drags in the middle powers. At first a three way war based upon religious, national, cultural and ethnical strife, later moving on to other continent with some budding empire seeking to increase their holds and power and with some picking sides.
Leprekind will prevail and claim great territories in all sovereign states, as well as establish their worship of the Dena as global religion. All of Solcu's capital cities will come to build 3-feet statues in front of their seat of power, depicting various great historical leprechauns. For centuries to come bards and poets will tell tales of the khans and their successful battles across the world. All non-leprechaun heads of states will find themselves having to perform a dance that pleases Great Khan Tryintotek Meeshoinys, or face execution by blood eagle if the khan is disappointed. Trade by coins or other forms of currency will come to an end all across Solcu, as the traditional trade by barter would be enforced by the superior cultures of leprekind. Anyone taller than 4,5-feet will have to endure walking on all four so that leprechauns don't get sad, 'cause the Great Khan has some sort of complex. Furthermore, anyone who finds themselves displeased with leprechaun supremacy will be publically humiliated, wedgied, and cursed to forever to experience an annoying sensation in a conjured phantom limb, as well as tinnitus.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:49 PM

Hon hon hon

Meanwhile in Kaarad, it will be business as usual.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:57 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Meanwhile in Kaarad, it will be business as usual.
Long as I can keep the few subterranean parts of Durad the leprechaun assassin monks utilate, we cool.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
It looks good.

Well that would require Anansi to devekop his nation.

The second problem would be undeveloped status of the nations we made and the lack of classes in it.(war without classes are boring)

EDIT:Can't believe I forgot to make a Character template

EDIT2:Meh i'll skip it if needed I will make it later. :/

EDIT3: Wrote about the first ruler of the republic and the theorcratic leaders that succeded him.

Quote:
Buid et Debonaire was a Desert goblin that ruled the predecessors of the Republic of Jebrak .He was a genius orphan commoner that was adopted and bloodbonded by a noble thanks to his great charm and ability to lead. At the age of ten, after two years of watching how the nobility abused the slaves as much as the commoners, he started an anti-slavery railroad with a group of like-minded people, which he lead. For five years they would work to free slaves and help them hide in society of the Seylinn sands until the Cataclysm of Rorolark, when they set up a mass revolution of slaves and conquered the capital and other cities.
Three months after the cataclysm Buid would become the leader of the Seylinn remnant of the empire by threatening the Order of Peyloros to declare his leadership as supported by the myths. His rule would last for ten years when he made significant bureaucratic and administrative rules that kept the nation together without the use of slaves, however his military prospects usually ended in failure. These failures would provoke him to try harder and enforce constrictions of criminals and children into the war, but it cost him his life when he tried to control the priesthoods of the Ramaldian Sphere to use their powers for war. The Salvan priests did not tolerate this and burned him mid-speech at the age of 25 in front his people with their deities most hallowed light.
He was buried in Pan Ramalda and his soul was claimed by Ava and Lao. His legacy would be the end of slavery in most of Jebrak and modern administrative and bureaucratic rules that would achieve democracy. Most of his descendants choose to keep his name and in modern times anybody with the name of Debonaire is thought to be a charming and intelligent person.
Categories: CharactersGoblinsDesert goblins

Quote:
Illuminaire is the priest leader of the Church of Our Radiant and since the Cataclysm of Rorolark the leader of the Ramaldian Sphere and Republic of Jebrak. The Illuminaire is usually a very old goblin appointed after their forties and rule for less than a decade.
The Illuminaires were
Juriam: She is the one who ordered the public execution of Buid et Debonaire and took over the nation after the fact. She made two nations join the republic using diplomacy and religion but due to her failures she was poisoned by her successor five years later.
Deirma II: A religious extremists that destroyed many democratic powers granted by her predecessors by installing a theocracy society and enforcing the craziest interpretations of her church's doctrine. She was killed less than a year later by a mob afraid of a repeat of the Cataclysm of Rorolark after she tried banning all other ramaldian religions.
Ralvan IV: A Illuminaire that was too afraid to act after the violent death of their predecessor. He abdicated after ruling for seven years.
Raska V: A Illuminaire that was also too afraid to act after the violent death of Deirma II. She died of old age three years later.
Donuis: Like his predecessors he was too afraid of destroying the status quo to the point of going to refuse the joining of the jungle section to the republic. However a vision from the ramaldian gods Salva and Styon forced him to action, accepting the request for joining, reverting most of Deirma II theocratic rules and appointing his successor. Five years after being appointed Donuis committed suicide by Salva's Mercy, taking any of his responsibilities for his changes to the grave.
Mardiana IV: The current Illuminaire.
Category: Titles

Last edited by Ashendant; 07-07-2014 at 04:39 PM..
Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 PM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Long as I can keep the few subterranean parts of Durad the leprechaun assassin monks utilate, we cool.
The Druuakalari are realy too far for the Kaaradi to care about their lands. Plus, they kill subterranean horrors, so they are probably an advanced and intelligent race, the second most evolved species after the Kaaradi themselves !
Old 07-09-2014, 01:36 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
The Druuakalari are realy too far for the Kaaradi to care about their lands. Plus, they kill subterranean horrors, so they are probably an advanced and intelligent race, the second most evolved species after the Kaaradi themselves !

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:

Hum.... And yet, it's true !

Last edited by Korath; 07-09-2014 at 01:14 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Elune

How?

Anyway here's a bit on Republic Technology.

Quote:
The republic has a fairly advanced printing technology, as they have created a machine that allows to store the information of a book into a gem, and then use it on another machine to create a copy of that book. This allows for quick and easy printing of books, spreading them around faster than if they had to manually copy them. However the distribution of these machines are controlled by the libraries of the republic, which themselves are under the control of the Order of Peyloros.
And a bit on the holy poison that a illuminaire used to kill himself

Quote:
Salva's Mercy is an poison created from a selection of plants from the realm of Salva. When ingested the poison will rapidly spread throughout the body slowly crystallizing it, turning into a statue of the consumer. The method for creating this poison is a secret taught to the priesthood of Salva by their goddess, for celebrating the birth of Zussi. Any dead created by this poison are considered divine works of art by the goddess and are to be stored and presented in the Reservoir of Light in Pan Ramalda.
edit: Who was responsible for the maps?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:44 AM

Eternal Watcher

Aneurysm is our awesome cartographer.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-11-2014, 06:07 PM

Problemsolver

You summoned me?
Old 07-12-2014, 04:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Aneurysm is our awesome cartographer.
Quote:
You summoned me?
I need to start make more detailed maps of the Republic.

Anyway I'm gonna try to write in-story books... Or at least pages of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Truths - Ch. I - Shoul
Once a great threat came from beyond
It haunted the Sphere with a skeleton dawn
Bones came forth from the travelling land
A skeleton of a world, seeking the gods.

"Come forth gods broken by mortals
I challenge you all to a fight like the others
That were chained to my ribs as you all can see
To fight skeletons of their once-loved mortals."

And a nameless god came to him and said
In bright red armour that beat with a pulse
"I'll fight your bones and your stolen children
and I'll save the ones chained to your bones."

The nameless god stroke the bones far
And fought the white of the world-skeleton
Until he realized what he lacked and
Grabbed and crushed the bonegod absent heart.

He held the skull of the bones of a world
and the chained outer gods and hurled them
into the skies far beyond, taking the rest
of skeleton as a trophy of his own.

He mixed the marrow of the world
with milk and rose.
And blood came forth
To flow into the Bloodfalls and the bodies of all.

Then the Nameless god once declared
“I'am the fluid that connects all to their kin.”
“I'am the bonds that strive for growth and bring forth pain.”
“I'am blood. I'am Legacy.”

“I'am Shoul and this is my name.”
Ok this is a chapter from a Ramaldian Holy Book called the Divine Truths. It is about how the gods found their names after they were fragmented by mortal faith. And since I'm not a good poet I'm gonna go with Nazja suggestion and say this is translated from Peytongue.

Shoul here fights an space threat called the World-Skeleton that chained gods to his ribs and enslaved their creations into Skeleton armies called the Bone Lords. The Bone Lords could be one of the undead threats sealed in the core of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretical Thoughts of a Wrab-Driver - On Ages
So onto the ages as described in various Ramaldian Scriptures. They can be roughly defined into the following:

Arkatean Era: The time before the creation of the universe, when the gods experimented by creating and destroying realities.

Jurimantic Era: The time when the universe was created and defined by the gods and populated it with worlds and races. This could be probably separated into the Jurinic Era, when the rules were created, and the Mantic Era, when the world were created. But the Mantic era could also split into pre-mortal and pos-mortal creation eras, so for sanity sake I'll leave all of these as one era of creation.

Sharadim Era: The time when the gods were sharded by the faith of mortals. The gods lost their names and were fragmented into thousands of gods. According to scripture this was not something restricted to our world but a grand event that affected the whole of Cosmos breaking every god at the same time.

Anomythic Era: The time when gods and the fragments regained their names by making mythologies around them. Its end coincides with the end of the mythic age, when the Era'thoran empire fell and recorded history until that point disappeared.

Mythostatic Era: The current times with the writing of a new recorded history. This age is called this way because the gods restrained the mythologies, so they wouldn't be fragmented and wouldn't end hurting themselves. This stagnated the mythologies of the current era but also giving a sort of stability to the universe around ourselves.

So I conclude that...
This one is the thoughts of a Sinferi that was published with emergence of Styon, the god of unbelief. In here its a simple heretical analysis of the eras according to the ramaldian sphere scripture. Again we could use this as either truth, fiction or half-half.

Last edited by Ashendant; 07-12-2014 at 04:48 AM..
Old 07-12-2014, 08:08 AM

Hon hon hon

Here is the list of the kaarada runes (distinct from the magical runes used by the Kaaradi), which are the same runes used on Ath artefacts with minor variations (mainly the size of some parts), making it the oldest form of writing still in use on Solcu.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Eternal Watcher

Three versions of Elfskrit exist.
Elder Elfskrit or Ashan Elfskrit is the original script of the elven peoples. It has remained in shape and form within the realm of the Asha.

Imperial Elfskrit were used in the second elven realm or empire. It became more cuneiform, losing round features for that of straight lines. Servants of the Trinity still uses it.

Ashtari Elfskrit or Windskrit as it is sometimes known as, is the script used by the Wind elves. It has changed over the many centuries and are more runic.

Magical runes used by the wind elves and the dead elven empire are usually of Era'Thoran origin.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
I need to start make more detailed maps of the Republic.
I dread mapping out Jebrak, to be honest. That big ass mountain chain will be hell to draw. But sure, I'll get to it in due time. Soon™.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
Here is the list of the kaarada runes (distinct from the magical runes used by the Kaaradi), which are the same runes used on Ath artefacts with minor variations (mainly the size of some parts), making it the oldest form of writing still in use on Solcu.

Peytongue is a language whose alphabet was recovered from ancient ruins of the mythic age.

Quote:
I dread mapping out Jebrak, to be honest. That big ass mountain chain will be hell to draw. But sure, I'll get to it in due time. Soon™.
The Republic has very little mountains actually.

I will have to look at ES maps. They usually are a well designed for this.

EDIT:Anybody has any opinions on the texts i posted? Or corrections?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:38 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Peytongue is a language whose alphabet was recovered from ancient ruins of the mythic age.

EDIT:Anybody has any opinions on the texts i posted? Or corrections?
What is Peytongue ? As for the text, they seems great, but just like all Scriptures, they shouldn't be totally true. Plus, i don't really understand what the second text is.

Any though on the runes, by the way ?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
What is Peytongue ? As for the text, they seems great, but just like all Scriptures, they shouldn't be totally true. Plus, i don't really understand what the second text is.

Any though on the runes, by the way ?
Peytongue is the language of the Republic.

The first text is description of a battle between Shoul and a god called the world skeleton and his army of bone soldiers.

The second text is an analysis of ages of creation in ramaldian scripture by an heretical sinferi.

EDIT:They look good but are a bit more complex than letters should be.

Last edited by Ashendant; 07-12-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Old 07-12-2014, 11:26 AM

Hon hon hon

Aldash Religion :

The Schismatic, as it is called by the Aldash, is a religion based on Magma, Lava and Fire, which was born shortly after the Cataclysm of Rorolark (called by the adepts of the faith the Burning Rebirth); this Fiery Trinity is at the core of every believer, and they revere it as a vast power without a clear conscience but which nonetheless stir and act to set the world back to its correct path. There is three Branch in the Schismatic, all of which put a greater emphasis on one of the three part of the Trinity, but it doesn't preclude the believers to work as one, for their faith claim that the Fiery Trinity is but a representation of a sort of wild and untamable power.

The Magma Branch was prominent in the Aldash Blockade, and it claimed that Jebrak has to be purged from the Goblins if the Aldash ever hope to be free; when the Blockade was broken, they lost most of their holy grounds and territories in the Khaltha Waste; nonetheless, Magma worshippers are still present in the Aldash society and their seared priests are a terrifying presence when they appear.

The Lava Branch is the main Branch in all the others tribes (especially those under Alsunnia control), which claim that the Republic has to be fought has long has it pretend to impose the Ramaldian Sphere on anyone. It is the most prominent Branch of the Schismatic religion and it involve a great emphasis on unity, perseverance and inventive ways to resolve problems. While Alsunnia is truly the leader of the Aldash, she had begun in recent year to develop the Schismatic and especially the Lava Branch as a mean to strengthen the Free Tribes organization and abilities to survive as an independent nation.

The Fire Branch is more common in the smaller and independents tribes who wander far from the other Aldash. They believe that Fire exist in every thing and that it is their duty to search a mythical Source of Fire, and that when they'll find it the Schismatic will become the faith of all on Jebrak and beyond. In that regard, they are very close to the Ramaldian Sphere core belief, even though they claim that the Goblins divinities are but sparks (at best) and corrupted form of Sacred Fire.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:54 AM

Elune

So here is the outline of the nations of Jebrak

http://i.imgur.com/A9kaBvL.png

Now I need to segmentalize republic territory into regions.

EDIT:Jesus christ huge ass map. Better just link it.

EDIT2:Here it is with the regions of the republic outlines.

http://i.imgur.com/SgWmQEI.png

Now I need to cut them up into piece and name them...

Last edited by Ashendant; 07-12-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Tags
collaboration, creative, fun and games, human oppression, public works, worldbuilding