Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Venom Scrolls of Lore: The Musical

Because Nazja was bored, here we will enact a collaborative story-telling exercise founded on those zany characters on the Scrolls of Lore forums. Go!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Because Nazja was bored, here we will enact a collaborative story-telling exercise founded on those zany characters on the Scrolls of Lore forums. Go!
Obviously song is the medium
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Which musical will we base our work on? Les Mis?
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:27 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,160

Default

My better stuff would be material based on the universe, rather than us users.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

So, it this a pastiche/parody of one work, or will references vary by song, or is it entirely impromptu/freestyle?

Is mocking other forum members okay or not?
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
So, it this a pastiche/parody of one work, or will references vary by song, or is it entirely impromptu/freestyle?
Let's try to get a continuity going. Song and dance routines are encouraged but not mandatory. First we need a plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Is mocking other forum members okay or not?
I'd personally stop short of death threats. Otherwise, I say anything goes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

I know of a good impetus for a play: Who are the villains of Scrolls of Lore? The site staff? Trolls? Those who do not know Warcraft lore? The wave of super-biased Story Forum immigrants? Idiots in general? ...The controversial topics themselves?
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 05-26-2013 at 07:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
I know of a good impetus for a play: Who are the villains of Scrolls of Lore? The site staff? Trolls? Those who do not know Warcraft lore? The wave of super-biased Story Forum immigrants? Idiots in general? ...The controversial topics themselves?
I vote bots.

Though of course internal tensions, rivalries and hidden agendas will play a part regardless of what we go with.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

ARM is kidnapped by Fojar in order to brainwash him to praise that Lordaeron is not dead. Young Jungleluke begins an adventurous journey across the General Forums, until he reach the Halls of Lordaeron.

During the journey, he's helped by Porimlys the Optimist, CH920 the Hordebreather and Nazja the Cool. They encounter the chaotic Magistrix Verdande while fighting against the Slowpoke of Doom, but she later dies due to Sir Quirnheim's Bitching Spear. Kir the Robotik Wizard resurrect Verdande into a cyborg: Genya-Verdande.

When the team reached the Halls, they are blocked by Omacron, Timolas, Cantus and the Great Mod Parents (Sarahmoo and Bolvar). They inform the five adventurers that Blizzard is going to hire ARM as part of CDev. If Fojar is not stopped, the Lore will be changed and tainted forever with bitching and Lordaeron.

Then... wel... we can have a great epic battle With lasers, Jedis and magic-torpedo Sharks.
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I vote bots.
How much can you stretch that? Even if you personify them, can a musical about spam bots be that much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
ARM is kidnapped by Fojar in order to brainwash him to praise that Lordaeron is not dead. Young Jungleluke begins an adventurous journey across the General Forums, until he reach the Halls of Lordaeron.

During the journey, he's helped by Porimlys the Optimist, CH920 the Hordebreather and Nazja the Cool. They encounter the chaotic Magistrix Verdande while fighting against the Slowpoke of Doom, but she later dies due to Sir Quirnheim's Bitching Spear. Kir the Robotik Wizard resurrect Verdande into a cyborg: Genya-Verdande.

When the team reached the Halls, they are blocked by Omacron, Timolas, Cantus and the Great Mod Parents (Sarahmoo and Bolvar). They inform the five adventurers that Blizzard is going to hire ARM as part of CDev. If Fojar is not stopped, the Lore will be changed and tainted forever with bitching and Lordaeron.

Then... wel... we can have a great epic battle With lasers, Jedis and magic-torpedo Sharks.
This is good, but it illustrates a potential problem: everyone will try to warp the musical into fitting their own twisted and subjective view of their fellow forum-goers. I know I planned to.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 05-26-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
This is good, but it illustrates a potential problem: everyone will try to warp the musical into fitting their own twisted and subjective view of their fellow forum-goers. I know I planned to.
I know... I have the perfect enemy of SoL: retcons!
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
How much can you stretch that? Even if you personify them, can a musical about spam bots be that much?
Picture this: A horde of mindless, senseless, unreasoning horrors in human form is invading [insert setting]. The members of SoL are the only survivors of the onslaught, but they are wracked from within by their own standing petty feuds, grudges and personal differences. As they struggle to survive and ultimately put an end to the influx of monstrous spambots, the murder of Slowpokeking throws everyone into an uproar. Can Timolas restore order to the hateful and self-destructive crew before it's too late?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Picture this: A horde of mindless, senseless, unreasoning horrors in human form is invading [insert setting]. The members of SoL are the only survivors of the onslaught, but they are wracked from within by their own standing petty feuds, grudges and personal differences. As they struggle to survive and ultimately put an end to the influx of monstrous spambots, the murder of Slowpokeking throws everyone into an uproar. Can Timolas restore order to the hateful and self-destructive crew before it's too late?
It is topical. Perhaps too recent. Does it capture the spirit of current times?

Edit: Let me rephrase: Does it capture the spirit of Scrolls of Lore?
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 05-26-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
PajamaSalad PajamaSalad is offline

Elune
PajamaSalad's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Undisclosed location in the Universe.
Posts: 42,139

Default

It could be like Watchmen where someone murders Bolvar and we have to figure out why.

Fojar could be Rorschach. Omacron could be Dr. Manhattan. Cantus could be Ozymandias.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,131

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Edit: Let me rephrase: Does it capture the spirit of Scrolls of Lore?
Dysfunctional assholes with a common interest?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Dysfunctional assholes with a common interest?
The common interest of assholes is shit.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 05-26-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-27-2013, 12:32 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
ARM is kidnapped by Fojar in order to brainwash him to praise that Lordaeron is not dead. Young Jungleluke begins an adventurous journey across the General Forums, until he reach the Halls of Lordaeron.

During the journey, he's helped by Porimlys the Optimist, CH920 the Hordebreather and Nazja the Cool. They encounter the chaotic Magistrix Verdande while fighting against the Slowpoke of Doom, but she later dies due to Sir Quirnheim's Bitching Spear. Kir the Robotik Wizard resurrect Verdande into a cyborg: Genya-Verdande.

When the team reached the Halls, they are blocked by Omacron, Timolas, Cantus and the Great Mod Parents (Sarahmoo and Bolvar). They inform the five adventurers that Blizzard is going to hire ARM as part of CDev. If Fojar is not stopped, the Lore will be changed and tainted forever with bitching and Lordaeron.

Then... wel... we can have a great epic battle With lasers, Jedis and magic-torpedo Sharks.
Don't I get to do something?
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-27-2013, 12:48 AM
Millenia Millenia is offline

Elune
Millenia's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10,836
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
Don't I get to do something?
Doing stuff in a musical is so mainstream.
__________________
"All right, I'll get that kid to eat. Where's my screw driver and my plumber's helper? I'll open up his mouth and I'll shove it in."


The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-27-2013, 01:15 AM
HlaaluStyle HlaaluStyle is offline

Elune
HlaaluStyle's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tradegate, the Outlands
Posts: 12,465
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Doing stuff in a musical is so mainstream.
I know, that's why I have to do it. See, going against the mainstream used to be cool until everyone else started doing it, so I'm being as mainstream as possible to counterbalance this.
__________________
See WoW in a way you've never imagined it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,906

Default

I love this thread, already. In fact, it might have been love at first sight.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Yaskaleh Yaskaleh is offline

Eternal Watcher
Yaskaleh's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The heart of Scania
Posts: 18,625
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default

Seems SoL has reached a new level of insane. I approve.
__________________

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-27-2013, 03:00 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Lordaeron musical.

Baron Fojar von Lordaeron tries to rescue his maiden Xilizhra from the evil wicked Elf witch Sylvanas and her alien minions called the Forsaken.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,906

Default

Should we have a set plot or just determine the initial situation and see where our writing takes us? The later seems more fun, to me.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Should we have a set plot or just determine the initial situation and see where our writing takes us? The later seems more fun, to me.
Either would be fine with me. Now what is the consensus on the premise?
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,906

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Either would be fine with me. Now what is the consensus on the premise?
I feel like we should start with the setting because that influences the premise. Of course, we could just combine both questions. Anyways, I know this is a Warcraft forum, but I really feel like our story shouldn't be set in any Blizzard universe.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
epic, fun and games, musical, parody, scrolls of lore, slander & libel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.