Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 11-12-2014, 07:52 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
How about we take Kul Tiras and put it SOMEWHERE ELSE?
Suggestions?
Old 11-12-2014, 11:32 PM

Eternal

Either under the sea and make it atlantis or on the other side of the world.

The NEW WORLD if you will. Exploration and ADVENTURE are things that call to individuals.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:56 PM

Echo of the Past

Undead Icon (War3)

RIIIIIIISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!

The Rogue Nation of Kul Tiras
Category: Father Knows Best State
Civil Rights: Good (57%)
Economy: Reasonable (43%)
Political Freedoms: Outlawed (0%)
Population: 1.162 billion
Capital City: (awaiting legislation)
Classification: Rogue Nation (can now customize)
Leader: (awaiting legislation)
National Religion: (awaiting legislation)
Currency: the gold coin
National Animal: the king crab
Motto: "Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace"

Overview
The Rogue Nation of Kul Tiras is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.162 billion Tirasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 39.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The sizeable but inefficient Tirasian economy, worth 53.2 trillion gold coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 45,824 gold coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

Cars are banned, a dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kul Tiras's national animal is the king crab, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.

People
Leading Causes of Death
  • Old Age: 76.1%
  • Heart Disease: 15.5%
  • Lost at Sea: 4.2%
  • Murder: 2.1%
  • Acts of the Holy Light: 2.1%

Government
Government Expenditure
  • Administration: 6.3%
  • Public Transport: 12%
  • Law & Order: 9.7%
  • Education: 9.1%
  • Environment: 9.1%
  • Welfare: 9.1%
  • Healthcare: 8.6%
  • Defense: 8.6%
  • Spirituality: 8.6%

Economy
GDP: 53.2 trillion gold
45,824 gold per person
Poorest 10%: 31,632 gold per person
Richest 10%: 63,569 gold per person
  • Private Industry: 54.4%
  • Government: 30.6%
  • Black Market (estimated): 9%
  • State-Owned Industry: 6%

We'll do some issues later. Probably tomorrow.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-29-2016 at 07:06 PM..
Old 08-29-2016, 07:14 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Frost

When/if Kul Tiras makes it in-game ( via South Seas expansion?) it has to be being invaded by sea beasties. You cannot have a naval town in a fantasy universe without having some monsters from the abyss to pit them against. So Kul Tiras should have lots of humans; but also many naga, sea giants, water elementals, murlocs, vykrul and kraken too.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:07 AM

Eternal

Isn't Kul Tiras molten slag, from uhh Varian's short story?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:29 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Isn't Kul Tiras molten slag, from uhh Varian's short story?
Actually, Wolfheart.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:43 PM

Echo of the Past

Exclamation

I want five pieces of information from each of you:
1) The national animal
2) The national motto
3) The nation's title (e.g. "Rogue Nation" is the current version)
4) The name of the capital city
5) An answer for the Issue in the next post, which relates to designating the capital city

~~~~~~~~~

National Background Decisions: Animal, Motto, Title, and Capital
When I created this, I chose a semi-random animal and motto for Kul Tiras. You again have the option to change it.

What should the national animal be?
Some options:
What should the national motto be?
Some options, some stolen from island countries in our world:
  • "Daelin was right"
  • "The land, the people, the light" (Saint Lucia)
  • "Ocean" (Canary Islands)
  • "Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace" (the Azores)
  • "Strength and Endurance" (Anguilla)
  • "Forward, upward, Onward Together" (Bahamas)
  • "Unity, justice, progress" (Comoros)
  • "Homeland or death" (Cuba)
  • "Peace, Unity, Liberty" (Micronesia)
  • "Unity in diversity" (Indonesia, Papua New Guinea)
  • "Out of many, One People" (Jamaica)
  • "Love, Ancestral-land, Progress" (Madagascar)
  • "Strength and Consistency" (Malta)
  • "Accomplishment through Joint Effort" (Marshall Islands)
  • "Onward" (formerly New Zealand)
  • "Unity, discipline, work" (São Tomé and Príncipe)
  • "Together we aspire, together we achieve" (Trinidad and Tobago)
  • ???

What should the national title be?
When we first made this, we had to choose our title from a preset list. Now we can make whatever title we want.
  • Rogue Nation of Kul Tiras
  • ??? of Kul Tiras

Where should our capital city be?
We finally can decide.
  • Boralus
  • Drisburg
  • Kul Tiras
  • Crestfall
  • (None) (an option in the following issue)
  • ???

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-31-2016 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-31-2016, 07:43 PM

Echo of the Past

Exclamation

Issue: A Capital City for Kul Tiras?

The Issue
As Kul Tiras continues to grow, so too does its government. The number of politicians needed to administrate and legislate the country is rapidly surpassing the Houses of Parliament’s capacity with ministers often requiring periscopes to see the House Speaker. Some are suggesting a new building be built in another city - a city which would then be designated as the capital city of Kul Tiras.

1. “I would like to make a humble recommendation for my own proud jurisdiction,” says Fip Troffen, mayor of one of Kul Tiras’s major cities. “It would be an honour for our city to be host to the seat of power! If it will seal the deal, you can change the name if you like...”

2. “Hah! Capital city indeed!” shouts Mrggllgrrglllrrgml, a fervent anarchist, spilling leaflets all over the floor. “What’s wrong with being free as the wind? Do you really think one city could possibly represent a whole country? Its people? I’ve had enough of the man trying to screw us down all the time! Say NO to a national capital!”

3. “I can accept and even approve of having a capital city,” says Drom Ironblast, a military strategist. “But we’d be putting all our eggs in one basket if we choose somewhere too vulnerable! Believe me, capitals always get the brunt of the enemy attack because of their political and economic importance. We should put aside a few billion gold coins and build our capital city underground. They’ll never bomb us there!”

4. “I’ve got an idea,” says theme park tycoon, Madame Moxie. “My company will happily sponsor the new establishment and cover all costs - as long as it’s made to our specifications. We’ve already got plans drawn up to put a roller coaster straight through the House of Commons! A cafe, some kiosks for ice cream... maybe even a water slide or two in the lobby! It’ll be one part legislative seat of government, one part family-fun theme park! Tourists will flock from around the globe!”

5. “What’s wrong with the old building?” asks Giddry Mizzenmast, a noted disestablishmentarian. “We don’t need some kind of fancy capital city just to make the bigwig ministers feel important! If there’s no room, then fire politicians until there IS room. Have you never heard of doing more with less?”

VOTE!

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-01-2016 at 09:37 AM..
Old 09-01-2016, 03:41 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
What should the national animal be?
Some options:
Mermaid.

Quote:
What should the national motto be?
"Mare Nostrum, Domus Nostrum" (Our sea, our home)

Quote:
What should the national title be?
The Merchant Kingdom of Kul Tiras

Quote:
Where should our capital city be?
We finally can decide.
  • Boralus
  • Drisburg
  • Kul Tiras
  • Crestfall
  • (None) (an option in the following issue)
  • ???
Boralus or Kul Tiras seems most apt. It's definitely not Drisburg.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:03 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I say that they ought to go with an hippocampus. The Alliance already has all the other hippo-gryphs, after all.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:31 AM

Warden

Quote:
I want five pieces of information from each of you:
1) The national animal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Mermaid.
I second the mermaid iconography. It is fairly common in heraldry and would add a nice twist as a mythological creature based on misinterpretations of Naga siren.

Quote:
2) The national motto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
"Mare Nostrum, Domus Nostrum" (Our sea, our home)
I like it.

Quote:
3) The nation's title (e.g. "Rogue Nation" is the current version)
The Enduring Kingdom of Kul Tiras

Quote:
4) The name of the capital city
Kul Tiras. Tirasians are too proud to abandon the jewel of their nation.

Quote:
5) An answer for the Issue in the next post, which relates to designating the capital city
4, kind of.

As a nation heavily invested in merchant trade, I feel they would be less inclined to make a new building in another city, as it would be costly to move so many representatives and provide suitable infrastructure for the influx of citizens. If anything, I imagine they would simply renovate the House to better accommodate the number of representatives, particularly since they seem to be the only democratic form of governance in Azeroth, which brings with it a certain pride.

Also, Kul Tiras' capital city being based on Venice's design and architecture would be sick.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:36 PM

Echo of the Past

Blue Tome

-Changing national animal to mermaid. If they were mythical, they aren't anymore.

-Changing national motto to "Mare Nostrum, Domus Nostrum". I think it's silly to have a Latin phrase in Warcraft, but you guys got me because I'm a WCII fan. Deo Gratias, and all that.

-Changing national title to "The Merchant Kingdom of Kul Tiras", using a tiebreaker vote from myself.

-Changing currency from "gold coin" to "gold". Because it's funnier that way.

Don't like it? Any of these terms can be changed in the future by a decisive vote!

P.S. I forgot to mention this when I resurrected the thread, but do you see that old decision on the previous page, about gambling? We went with the "gambling is okay for kids" decision, and that's why our nation's Gambling Industry is such a powerhouse currently.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:36 PM

Echo of the Past

Map

We chose Option 5, staying with "the old building" for the capital. Apep said Option 4, but he was responding to my original version that accidentally left out the Goblin theme park choice--I don't think that's what he was going for when he described the Venetian canal city model.

Our murder rate went up a little.

Our expenditures in administration went down (I also included Industry, Social Policy, and International Aid, which I had accidentally left off our description in the recent update. They must have been categories that were added while Kul Tiras was in limbo - sorry.)

Our GDP went down a little, and our state-owned industry increased a small percent? Which I don't even understand how that's connected to a less bureaucratic capital, but whatever.

Population: 1.219 billion
Capital City: Kul Tiras
Leader: (awaiting legislation)
Currency: the gold
National Animal: the mermaid
Motto: "Mare Nostrum, Domus Nostrum"

Overview
The Merchant Kingdom of Kul Tiras is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.219 billion Tirasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 17.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The sizeable but inefficient Tirasian economy, worth 50.3 trillion golds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,237 golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

A dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Kul Tiras's national animal is the mermaid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.

People
Leading Causes of Death
  • Old Age: 72.4%
  • Heart Disease: 14.5%
  • Murder: 9.8%
  • Lost at Sea: 2.6%
  • Acts of the Holy Light: 0.7%

Government
Government Expenditure
  • Public Transport: 16.5%
  • Law & Order: 11.4%
  • Education: 10.1%
  • Environment: 10.1%
  • Welfare: 10.1%
  • Healthcare: 8.9%
  • Defense: 8.9%
  • Spirituality: 8.9%
  • Administration: 3.8%
  • Industry: 3.8%
  • Social Policy: 3.8%
  • International Aid: 3.8%

Economy
GDP: 50.3 trillion gold
41,237 gold per person
Poorest 10%: 28,466 gold per person
Richest 10%: 57,206 gold per person
  • Private Industry: 69.8%
  • Government: 16.6%
  • State-Owned Industry: 7.8%
  • Black Market (estimated): 5.8%

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-07-2016 at 07:53 PM..
Old 09-07-2016, 07:46 PM

Echo of the Past

Exclamation Follow the Leader

Issue: Follow the Leader

The Issue
A lowly bureaucrat riffling through some old paperwork has happened across a rather alarming and disturbing fact: the documentation affirming yourself as Kul Tiras’s head of state was filled out improperly and now, at least for the moment, Kul Tiras has no official leader!

1. “There is no need to panic,” says Rey May, a senior archivist. “I’ve prepared a new document. All you need to do is sign across the dotted line and you will be our esteemed leader once again. Here! I’ve even brought a pen.”

2. “Give me that!” interrupts Isiden Perenolde, incorrigible as always (he's been extra snippy lately, ever since Calia returned to the mainland). “I’ve got an idea, bear with me for a moment... a few penstrokes here... a few clauses there... finished. Now you can set yourself up as Supreme Evil Overlord For Life! If you don’t have complete control then where’s the fun? That’s what I say. I’ve taken the liberty of cutting down some of the more boring departments, we only really need the police and military in my opinion. Oh! You get a free space hopper too.”

3. “Hold on! Don’t sign it yet! Have you ever heard the saying ‘two heads are better than one’?” asks Ruby Wall, your Minister of Complicating Things. “Well, what if we had SEVERAL? I propose we gather the most senior ministers of Kul Tiras to act together as a collective head of state! That’s a little more democratic than one person bossing everyone else around. Besides, even if you’re not THE leader, your opinions are still deeply respected so it shouldn’t be too much of a step down right?”

4. “As if ONE leader isn’t oppressive enough!” says Reginald Baradin IV, a little known representative from one of Kul Tiras’s more obscure islets. “Suddenly we need even more? This is a great opportunity for Kul Tiras to lose elitist concepts like ‘leaders’. My ma taught me that all men are born equal and yet even in a modern country like this one person can be named Lord and King of everything. One person should not have that much power! Government policy should be the equal responsibility of all Kul Tiras’s elected politicians.”

5. “If we did that, even some crackpot quango would have the same power as the Minister of Defence,” argues Dagren the Orcslayer, who happens to be the Minister of Defence. “That’s insane. We need strong leadership to get things accomplished! Have you ever been in a meeting where everyone’s opinion is, ugh, ‘equal’? They go on for HOURS. HOURS! Believe me, trying to run a government that way will be a massive, fruitless headache. The leader’s word is law, and if people don’t get that then maybe a little show of strength courtesy of the military wouldn’t go amiss.”

VOTE!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:49 PM

Echo of the Past

Question

Of course, we will also be naming a leader after this.
  • Tandred Proudmoore?
  • Thornby?
  • Jaina Proudmoore?
  • Daelin Proudmoore? (undead?)
  • ???
Old 09-14-2016, 05:12 PM

Echo of the Past

Map

With no votes, I chose Option 1 for us and installed Lord Admiral Thornby as leader.

Statwise, not much has changed.

Population: 1.262 billion
Leader: Lord Admiral Thornby

Overview
The Merchant Kingdom of Kul Tiras is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Admiral Thornby with an iron fist, and notable for its ban on automobiles and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.262 billion Tirasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Law & Order, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 17.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The sizeable but inefficient Tirasian economy, worth 52.0 trillion golds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,237 golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

The nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, and Lord Admiral Thornby has just been declared ruler of Kul Tiras in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Kul Tiras's national animal is the mermaid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.

People
Leading Causes of Death
  • Old Age: 72.9%
  • Heart Disease: 14.2%
  • Murder: 9.7%
  • Lost at Sea: 2.6%
  • Acts of the Holy Light: 0.6%

Government
Government Expenditure
  • Public Transport: 16.5%
  • Law & Order: 11.4%
  • Education: 10.1%
  • Environment: 10.1%
  • Welfare: 10.1%
  • Healthcare: 8.9%
  • Defense: 8.9%
  • Spirituality: 8.9%
  • Administration: 3.8%
  • Industry: 3.8%
  • Social Policy: 3.8%
  • International Aid: 3.8%

Economy
GDP: 52.0 trillion gold
41,237 gold per person
Poorest 10%: 28,466 gold per person
Richest 10%: 57,206 gold per person
  • Private Industry: 69.8%
  • Government: 16.6%
  • State-Owned Industry: 7.8%
  • Black Market (estimated): 5.8%

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-05-2016 at 06:36 PM..
Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 PM

Echo of the Past

Exclamation

Issue: Budget Time: Accountants Excited

The Issue
It’s time for the government to allocate spending for the coming year, and as always, special interest groups are keen to have their say.

1. “The state of the education system is, in many areas, simply frightful,” says Teachers Union Tidemistress Val'jith. “And even where we are doing well, we could do better. I appeal to the authorities for a substantial boost in funding. Remember, the children are our future.”

2. “We won’t have a future unless we improve police numbers and rebuild the military,” says Lord Dagren the Orcslayer. “Oh, it’s all well and good to have your fancy education and your nice cars, until some tinpot dictatorship decides to invade. And don’t pretend like there aren’t any of them in our region. Our number one priority has to be security.”

3. “Education is nice, but Health and Social Welfare are more important,” says celebrity social worker Sven Bergen. “This is where the people who really need government help are: the marginalized of our society. If we don’t help them, what kind of a nation are we?”

4. “Hey, I’ve got a crazy idea,” says noted libertarian and bird-watcher Jacob Broadside. “How about the government stops taking so much tax from people? Give us a tax cut and we’ll buy the things we need ourselves. People need to be weaned off the government teat!”

VOTE!
Old 09-15-2016, 04:16 AM

Eternal

I vote 2! Let the navies and marines of Kul Tiras be a force mighty and glorious once again!
Old 09-15-2016, 09:44 AM

Elune

4. Sounds like the most merchant-state thing to do.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:05 AM

Eternal

2. Those Gilnean refugees are fucking up the place, especially the Worgen ones. External forces have also been invading kingdoms willy nilly as well. Ever heard of what happened to King Galen Trollbane after his disastrous Stromgardexit from the Lordaeron Union?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:47 PM

Echo of the Past

Map

So now, when we decide on an issue, we get a systematic breakdown of EVERYTHING that changes in the country. Isn't that cool?

Option 2!

Headlines
Economic Slump Minor, Temporary, Expert Says

Military Parade Draws Bumper Crowd

Race Row After Man Ejected From Cinema

Latest Economic Data Shows Surge In Manufacturing

Upward Trends
Defense Forces: +58.1%
Law Enforcement: +11.8%
Charmlessness: +3.0%
Sector: Manufacturing: +0.58%
Employment: +0.53%
Safety: +0.48%
Crime: +0.28%
Secularism: +0.18%

Downward Trends
Lifespan: -0.20%
Human Development Index: -0.29%
Scientific Advancement: -0.38%
Inclusiveness: -0.46%
Environmental Beauty: -0.63%
Economic Output: -0.87%
Average Income: -0.87%
Tourism: -0.92%
Religiousness: -1.5%
Ideological Radicality: -1.6%
Intelligence: -2.5%
Government Size: -3.8%
Taxation: -7.9%
Pacifism: -9.1%

Population: 1.335 billion

Overview
The Merchant Kingdom of Kul Tiras is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Admiral Thornby with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.335 billion Tirasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 15.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The sizeable but inefficient Tirasian economy, worth 54.6 trillion golds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,877 golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Lord Admiral Thornby has just been declared ruler of Kul Tiras in an international press conference, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime is moderate. Kul Tiras's national animal is the mermaid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.

People
Leading Causes of Death
  • Old Age: 73.5%
  • Heart Disease: 13.8%
  • Murder: 9.5%
  • Lost at Sea: 2.5%
  • Acts of the Holy Light: 0.6%

Government
Government Expenditure
  • Public Transport: 16.2%
  • Defense: 14.9%
  • Law & Order: 13.5%
  • Education: 9.5%
  • Welfare: 9.5%
  • Environment: 9.5%
  • Healthcare: 8.1%
  • Spirituality: 8.1%
  • Industry: 2.7%
  • Administration: 2.7%
  • Social Policy: 2.7%
  • International Aid: 2.7%

Economy
GDP: 54.6 trillion gold
40,877 gold per person
Poorest 10%: 28,217 gold per person
Richest 10%: 56,706 gold per person
  • Private Industry: 70.9%
  • Government: 15.7%
  • State-Owned Industry: 7.9%
  • Black Market (estimated): 5.5%
Old 09-26-2016, 06:57 PM

Echo of the Past

Exclamation

Issue: Minorities Demand Representation in TV Soaps

The Issue
Kul Tiras’s TV soaps—famous around the region—have come under fire for their lack of race diversity.

1. “Every night my family and I sit down to watch ‘The Brash and the Backstabbing’,” says Elenevel Sunbreeze. “But where are the High Elves like myself? Where are the Thundermar Dwarves? The South Island Mechadraenei? People from those cultures can be just as brash and backstabbing, but we never see them on the screen. The government must act to remove this silent apartheid from our TV screens.”

2. “Those elves don’t know how good they have it,” says Tmmmggggrssss, spokesperson for the Murlocs Against Racial Stereotyping. “Murlocs are on television all the time, but always in crude, stereotypical roles. The answer is not to enforce racial quotas, but to award government prizes for the positive portrayal of minorities. That’ll work better, and be cheaper, too.”

3. “The government should do what now?” says TV studio executive Rorik Ponten. “You’ve got to be kidding. We make soaps here, not documentaries. I should be able to put whichever characters I want into my shows. Quotas! Government prizes! By the Light! Hasn’t the government got anything better to do? Why don’t they just back off and let society work out these things on its own?”

VOTE!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:49 PM

Warden

Soaps are soaps. If it doesn't meet the standards of an audience they are under no obligation to watch. Consequently, neither are the creators required to alter their intent.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:57 PM

Echo of the Past

Map

Hmm, they seem to have cut out a lot of the variables on the "Government Expenditure" section. Anyway...

Option 3!
* The alarmingly racist TV show 'Dwarves Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
* The Tirasian economy rose from "Reasonable" to "Good".

Headlines
Handrails Should Not Be Optional, Coroner Opines

Race Row After Child Ejected From School

Passer-By Saves Child From Mugger

Old Woman Waits in Vain for Help Crossing Road

Upward Trends
Charmlessness: +49.4%
Crime: +17.6%
Weaponization: +15.6%
Economy: +15.5%
Economic Freedom: +12.7%
Sector: Manufacturing: +9.5%
Civil Rights: +9.3%
Nudity: +8.0%
Wealth Gaps: +7.0%
Intelligence: +5.2%
Economic Output: +4.2%
Average Income: +4.2%
Employment: +2.8%
Human Development Index: +2.0%
Recreational Drug Use: +1.00%
Obesity: +0.54%
Secularism: +0.25%
Ideological Radicality: +0.25%
Lifespan: +0.24%

Downward Trends
Scientific Advancement: -0.77%
Environmental Beauty: -1.3%
Religiousness: -2.8%
Compassion: -3.8%
Income Equality: -6.6%
Social Conservatism: -8.0%
Tourism: -8.0%
Niceness: -10.2%
Pacifism: -13.4%
Government Size: -18.9%
Safety: -22.0%
Authoritarianism: -22.8%
Taxation: -38.4%
Inclusiveness: -69.2%

Civil Rights: Good (63%)
Economy: Good (50%)
Population: 1.387 billion

Overview
The Merchant Kingdom of Kul Tiras is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Admiral Thornby with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.387 billion Tirasians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The tiny, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 9.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The Tirasian economy, worth 59.1 trillion golds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 42,585 golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.

The government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs, Lord Admiral Thornby has just been declared ruler of Kul Tiras in an international press conference, military spending recently hit a new high, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Dwarves Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kul Tiras's national animal is the mermaid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.

People
Leading Causes of Death
  • Old Age: 70%
  • Heart Disease: 16%
  • Murder: 11.6%
  • Lost at Sea: 2.4%

Government
Government Expenditure
  • Public Transport: 20%
  • Defense: 18%
  • Law & Order: 16%
  • Education: 10%
  • Welfare: 10%
  • Environment: 10%
  • Healthcare: 8%
  • Spirituality: 8%

Economy
GDP: 59.1 trillion gold
42,585 gold per person
Poorest 10%: 28,337 gold per person
Richest 10%: 60,973 gold per person
  • Private Industry: 80.7%
  • Government: 11%
  • State-Owned Industry: 4.2%
  • Black Market (estimated): 4%
Old 10-05-2016, 07:21 PM

Echo of the Past

Exclamation

Issue: A Question of Faith

The Issue
Infighting between major religious groups over which faith should represent Kul Tiras, in an international exhibition of magical relics, escalated to a new high today. After the latest incident, in which one official received a concussion from a hearthstone, all of the religious leaders are at last united - in demanding you choose a national religion.

1. “If you would grant us this one small mercy we would all be free from the iniquitous sin of envy,” says Chaplain Jonson, nervously rubbing a small icon of the Silver Hand. “One’s faith is one’s guiding Light after all, and I believe if you choose a national religion, well, MINE anyway, that divinity will smile upon this nation full of heathens a little more kindly.”

The chaplain is then transformed into a white seal, as Archmage Drenden steps forward. "If I may, sir. I agree that this nation should consider establishing a national religion, but I suggest that..." he ducks as a death coil shoots over his head. "All right, who threw that?"

"DEATH COMES FOR US ALL! HAIL THE LICH KING BOLVAR!"

"Embrace the wind, the trees, the waters of the sea..."

"Shut up and burn, hippy!"

It goes on for a while.

[If we choose this option we will also fill in the name for our National Religion. WoWish choices include but are not limited to: The Light, Arcane, Druidism, Shamanism, Fel, and Necromancy.]

2. “I don’t believe choosing one form of magic from the thousands out there is very fair,” says Efthamia Kend, author of the critically acclaimed ‘Agnosticism and You’. “Which faith do we pick? How do we pick? It’s impossible! We don’t even know which higher beings are the strongest, and it’s sheer arrogance to postulate otherwise! The government should officially declare that Kul Tiras has no official religion, because the alternative would be self-damning. Not that we know that for sure, of course.”

3. “Oh for chaos’ sake! ‘I don’t know this, I don’t know that’ - well of course you don’t!” shouts Lucas Somin, president of The Secular, Humanist, and Atheist Society. “But some of us have the guts to look at the available evidence and try to make something out of it! If the government has any brains or guts of its own it will reach the same conclusion that I and millions of other forward-looking people have reached: there are no gods or aspects or titans, there is no afterlife or respawning, and this is all there is. THAT, Lord Admiral Thornby, is what the government’s official stance should be.” He begins handing out Necklaces of Spell Immunity. "Here. This will help."

4. “The only god this nation needs is the vengeful and unforgiving Violet!” screams Kanya Strange, Grand High Poobah of the Order of Violet. “May her tentacles forever secrete slime. Embrace Violetism and we will usher in a new age of darkness across the land! Human sacrifice and death to all heretics and unbelievers! Violet is the only way!”
(Note: Violetism is a fictional quirk cult within the Nationstates universe. I can't translate it to Warcraftese without messing it up too much.)

5. “The only deity this country needs is the one it already has, master,” says Percival Prestor, one of your creepier advisers while obsequiously bowing on the floor, as a thin line of smoke inexplicably streams from his nose? “I of course refer to you, Lord Admiral Thornby, the finest ruler any humble subject could hope to have! We long to worship you and do your bidding! Some call that a cult of personality, but I prefer to call it... love.”

VOTE!

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-05-2016 at 07:27 PM..

Tags
collaboration, fun and games