Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 10-13-2013, 09:52 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Default Sha - demons, elementals, or aberrations?

In game they appear as elementals and demons. In quest text and boss battles they have been called demons or inner demons (there might i think even be something that calls them elementals).

But all things considering their origins they appear to be more like aberrations.

Y'shaarj has power over elementals, as shown in the heart of pandaria scenario. Also elementals in cata are shown to personify inner emotions. Which probably meant Y'shaarj had control over them just as much as the other old gods.

Demons though have also been shown to have sha like powers (Alizabal for example).

There has been alot of subtle hints in this expansion about the creation of demons, doomguards (and possibly terrorguards) are now originally titan servants or creations. Also though people don't like this idea, Durumu suggests that some demon breeds could have been artificially created.

What I am suggesting, could the Sha or some aspect of the power of Y'shaarj have links to demons and there creation?

On another note, I wish the sha segment of the warlock quest was never cut......

http://cargocollective.com/deadletter
My dark designs
Old 10-13-2013, 10:16 AM

Elune

I think that they're closer to Faceless Ones than to other beings (both are spawned of an Old God in some way).
Old 10-13-2013, 11:43 AM

Druid of the Claw
BattleTag: Galka#1452

I think I'd compare Sha to Saronite, or Thorium (if it is indeed still suspected to be C'thun's Saronite equivalent). The Sha are more remains/blood of an Old God than minions.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

I think they should be listed as aberrations, as the Old Gods themselves.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 10-13-2013, 11:57 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galka View Post
I think I'd compare Sha to Saronite, or Thorium (if it is indeed still suspected to be C'thun's Saronite equivalent). The Sha are more remains/blood of an Old God than minions.
You mean Silithyst, maybe?

Thorium's not really tied to geography (and therefore to where c'thun is physically found), so much as it's tied to zone level; it appears in Silithus, but also in Winterspring, Blasted Lands, Swamp of Sorrows, Felwood, Hinterlands, and Un'goro (and a few more prior to Cataclysm's shuffling of some high-level zones' ranges).

Conversely Silithyst is found exclusively in Silithus, and so could be reasonably correlated with C'thun's own location.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Elune

I'd say aberration elementals

Demons have an inherent tie to the energies of the twisting nether, which the sha definitely don't. Only metaphorical demonhood applies. (note: Durumu is not a demon. He looks somewhat like an observer, but he has a different physique and is classified as an aberration)

Elementals are creatures associated with a specific form of energy, which applies to the sha.

Abberations are creatures tied to energies or materials that are considered 'wrong'/'unnatural', which also applies.

Hence, both aberrations and elementals.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

I think they are aberrations, seeing as they are the SAPIENT BREATH of an Old God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Tags
speculation, warcraft