Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM

World Builder

Angry The 2021 Political Chaos Thread

So, we made it what... five days into the New Year before a bunch of MAGA domestic terrorists decided to attack the capitol and we learned police have been so corrupted by White Supremacist jackoffs that they just let them?

Sterling start for a new year.

I'm going to start off and say that the domestic terrorists in the capitol at the moment are not the same as the BLM protests and anyone who thinks they're in any way comparable is a dumbass.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-07-2021, 09:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Anyone actually surprised raise their hand.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:11 AM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Is there a way to lower one's hand further down? Do I need to remove it and place it in a submersible?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:43 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Anyone actually surprised raise their hand.
It was kinda less of a mess than I expected, so I guess I am mildly surprised?

The people simultaneously carrying the thin blue line and gadsden flag was a funny irony though, especially when they got in a fight with the police.

I also saw someone that was inexplicably carrying both the Japanese and Korean flags.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:02 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

It always impresses me that there are people who are both weeaboos and koreaboos at the same time. But, given their logic there, it's not surprising they'd show up to a white power rally.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:34 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
So, we made it what... five days into the New Year before a bunch of MAGA domestic terrorists decided to attack the capitol and we learned police have been so corrupted by White Supremacist jackoffs that they just let them?
Come on Sarm, let's not squander the value of the word terrorist here.
Or waste righteous anger on such a circus.

I think it went surprisingly well.
It seems to me that they were let in to make the situation more manageable and because this was a herd of grotesque buffoons that posed little threat.
If anything I'd applaud the handling of the situation.
There was very little casualties, all things considered.

So :
1/ The institutions of your country were solid enough to withstand having a shit flinging troglodyte at their head for a full mandate and transition to another head of state.

2/ Your far right "domestic terrorists" are so inept that with months of preparations, such a massive crowd, with the support of the aforementioned troglodyte doing all his worst with the levers at his disposal, all they have to show for it is a half-naked dude with bison horns taking selfies with his red-neck pals in empty corridors. They are beyond ridiculed.

3/ You have a new president, who, even if you were pessimistic about it, presently still has the colossal merit of not being his predecessor.

Count your blessings.
Enjoy victory while the business as usual of politics hasn't yet come in to sour it.
Keep your anger for more dangerous and less idiotic adversaries.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Uh why belittle this tho?
Belittle the mouthbreathing, far right troglodytes, sure but the event is scary and we had far righters on the steps of our Reichstag just few months ago.
I do agree it could have been worse but it shouldn't even come so far, should it?
I'm getting kinda sick of people here in the "West" looking at the authocratic, right wing bs that's happening in the "East" and scoffing cause that shit can't happen here while that tumor is spreading all over the world. All that shit is being normalized and downplayed with hehe memes, "but them Antifa" and the weird idea that being a far right shithead is some sort of counterculture now and people in power actively encouraging them to be their worst self.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:32 PM

World Builder

Fel pretty much summed up my thoughts

Dudes went there with pipe bombs and had intended to take legislators hostage

There is no universe where we're "overreacting" to this just because they were too disorganized to capitalize on the fact that most of the Capitol police are white supremacists

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-09-2021, 03:06 PM

Arch-Druid

It sets a shitty precedent at the minimum, if some idiots didn't make it this time but got this far, what about the next group (and sorry, in a country where it's that easy to get weapons, and that goes both ways, shooting and being shot, I'm somewhat less scared here but considering the brown shit is seeping through police and military as well ...).
Old 01-10-2021, 04:04 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Fel pretty much summed up my thoughts

Dudes went there with pipe bombs and had intended to take legislators hostage
Not hostage. They intended to execute them. They were shouting that all over the place, they went in with zip ties and they had a gallows errected outside.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-11-2021, 05:13 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Not hostage. They intended to execute them. They were shouting that all over the place, they went in with zip ties and they had a gallows errected outside.
I'm pretty sure it was both. Take hostages and execute anyone who didn't convert.

Also, and separately:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ParlerWatch/

This is why you don't ask people to give up their IRL IDs if you're running a spaghetti code operation.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:13 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
I'm pretty sure it was both. Take hostages and execute anyone who didn't convert.

Also, and separately:
https://twitter.com/bitburner/status...58563019427842
https://www.reddit.com/r/ParlerWatch/

This is why you don't ask people to give up their IRL IDs if you're running a spaghetti code operation.
I told you we were back. We started this mess. We'll finish it.

Gab next.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 01-11-2021 at 08:17 PM..
Old 01-12-2021, 12:23 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

So I'm on Demcord (or at least one of them) and they're parsing the geotags now. I feel guilty as fuck, but I made a meme...

Old 01-12-2021, 09:46 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Hi everyone! Well looky here. I came to trawl the archives for some "Aged Like Milk" material from 4-5 years ago.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morvant View Post
Come on Sarm, let's not squander the value of the word terrorist here.
Or waste righteous anger on such a circus.

I think it went surprisingly well.
It seems to me that they were let in to make the situation more manageable and because this was a herd of grotesque buffoons that posed little threat.
If anything I'd applaud the handling of the situation.
There was very little casualties, all things considered.

So :
1/ The institutions of your country were solid enough to withstand having a shit flinging troglodyte at their head for a full mandate and transition to another head of state.

2/ Your far right "domestic terrorists" are so inept that with months of preparations, such a massive crowd, with the support of the aforementioned troglodyte doing all his worst with the levers at his disposal, all they have to show for it is a half-naked dude with bison horns taking selfies with his red-neck pals in empty corridors. They are beyond ridiculed.

3/ You have a new president, who, even if you were pessimistic about it, presently still has the colossal merit of not being his predecessor.

Count your blessings.
Enjoy victory while the business as usual of politics hasn't yet come in to sour it.
Keep your anger for more dangerous and less idiotic adversaries.
Bad take. This riot was proof of concept. They will lick their wounds and come back with a better plan. Yes, we should make fun of their failure relentlessly, but also not downplay the very real danger they present and how close they actually came to kidnappings/executions. Hitler didn't come into power the day after the Beer Hall Putsch.

Betting pool on which (former) SoLers were at the Trump Insurrection? Lots of divorced, low-T, boomer dad energy in that crowd. If they go to jail, Alex Jones is going to lose out on a lot dick powder revenue.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 01-12-2021 at 10:04 AM..
Old 01-12-2021, 04:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Hi everyone! Well looky here. I came to trawl the archives for some "Aged Like Milk" material from 4-5 years ago.
I'll put that on my shelf next to "riots only happen in Europe where police brutality is through the roof" and "Cryptofascists aren't really a problem".

Straight strong you"middle men/women".
Old 01-12-2021, 08:05 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

My question is, would Hammerbrew have been there, or have missed it because he was already arrested for something else?

Old 01-13-2021, 12:13 AM

Eternal

Wasn't Hammerbrew from the UK?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-13-2021, 04:07 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Wasn't Hammerbrew from the UK?
I mean, there were MAGA protests in Canada, so I could entirely see him joining in.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:09 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

So scary note, intel researchers are seeing a big drop in communication on known extremist networks post Jan 6th, and are 100% sure that militia members traded contact info during the rally. They're starting to look around for other notable locations (beyond Gab) where these folks are going to be talking up their insanity.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
I saved this one years ago:
Member #14
Old 01-14-2021, 02:59 PM

Arch-Druid

Orange Copium already ran a plenty

Quote:
I mean, there were MAGA protests in Canada, so I could entirely see him joining in.
Ayy you heard about that German news reporter who turned Alt Right and started a boot camp in Canada for people ready to bring freedumbs to their home country?
Sorry.
Neonazis are not a problem - quote someone
Old 01-14-2021, 03:24 PM

Elune

Hey do you guys remember when some users tried to say that my response to the increasingly obviously violent American far-right was me buying more ammo was somehow threatening or something? I remember.
Member #14
Old 01-15-2021, 06:56 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Hey do you guys remember when some users tried to say that my response to the increasingly obviously violent American far-right was me buying more ammo was somehow threatening or something? I remember.
I mean, it was a bad idea given what happened on the 6th. The problem is that you're one person and they're a mob, and both groups have large quantities of firearms, ammunition, etc. They just have more that can be used at once.

The thing that's going to protect you from them is a police force/FBi/national guard that isn't them and thinks they're nuts. Otherwise, you, me, and everyone else is kinda shit out of luck.

Plus, if you really do want to deal with a hundred angry MAGATs, a chemistry or physics degree is going to be far more useful. They can't kill people if they're unable to move from pain/other non-lethal deterrents. Or just give them a fuckton of alcohol, get them wasted, then drive their unconscious asses to the nearest prison. May have to be organic moonshine though, apparently they've gone new age crystal stupid as well.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
I mean, it was a bad idea given what happened on the 6th. The problem is that you're one person and they're a mob, and both groups have large quantities of firearms, ammunition, etc. They just have more that can be used at once.

The thing that's going to protect you from them is a police force/FBi/national guard that isn't them and thinks they're nuts. Otherwise, you, me, and everyone else is kinda shit out of luck.

Plus, if you really do want to deal with a hundred angry MAGATs, a chemistry or physics degree is going to be far more useful. They can't kill people if they're unable to move from pain/other non-lethal deterrents. Or just give them a fuckton of alcohol, get them wasted, then drive their unconscious asses to the nearest prison. May have to be organic moonshine though, apparently they've gone new age crystal stupid as well.
lol, psycho.