Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Sentinel Queen

Mists Of Pandaria sure made recruiting the Dragonmaw pointless..
Old 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Drunk Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
All she wants is her rightful land back, not the Blackrock mountain the DI's call home. It's the honorable thing to do, it's the dwarves' choice if ambition is worth more to them than war.
Stormwind would not support Morgan over Ironforge.

End of.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:30 PM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe View Post
It did the same to any Alliance nation that doesn't begin with an "S" and end with a "D," so don't feel too bad my Hordy friend.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Banished

Quote:
We can thank Zaela and her Garrosh worshipping bullshit for that.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Stormwind could always hedge its bets.

Support Morgan from the shadows, so that if Moira's rule doesn't work out, they've got a perfectly good arranged marriage to look forward to.

And if Moira does manage to pull it off? Well we already know Anduin likes Dwarven women, so get Anduin and Moira hitched instead.

Marriage and political scheming solves everything.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:35 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
We can thank Zaela and her Garrosh worshipping bullshit for that.
Whatever happened to Zaela liking Garrosh for not being like Mor'ghor and holding together a diverse group of species?
Old 12-12-2013, 12:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Worse comes to worse, Varian can call on these guys to back him up.
Yo, Vol'jin. I need a favor.

Say no mo'ah, mon. I know jus' da guys fuddah job. Dey be real enthusiastic about helpin' ya out.

*2 weeks later in Burning Steppes.*

Are you the reinforcements that King Varian promised?

Siege of Ironforge, right? Yeah, that's us. Just show us where to go and we'll take care of the rest.

Fuck you, Varian. Fuck youuuuuu.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM

Banished

Quote:
Whatever happened to Zaela liking Garrosh for not being like Mor'ghor and holding together a diverse group of species?

I know, it still makes me annoyed thinking about the way they handled Zaela.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Yo, Vol'jin. I need a favor.

Say no mo'ah, mon. I know jus' da guys fuddah job. Dey be real enthusiastic about helpin' ya out.

*2 weeks later in Burning Steppes.*

Are you the reinforcements that King Varian promised?

Siege of Ironforge, right? Yeah, that's us. Just show us where to go and we'll take care of the rest.

Fuck you, Varian. Fuck youuuuuu.
I lol'd.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:46 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Gorgonna is the bee's knees, so Zaela being stupid is acceptable. Stupid Gorgonna-ursurper.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
I know, it still makes me annoyed thinking about the way they handled Zaela.
Yet another Blizzard female character who goes "Screw Logic, I'm getting the D."
Old 12-12-2013, 12:51 PM

Elune

>tfw garrosh never fell in love with gorgonna and was then taught by her not to be a hateful bigoted warmonger but instead a wise strong leader
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeAxe
Yet another Blizzard female character who goes "Screw Logic, I'm getting the D."
She's only the 546292th Female character to suffer that fate.

I think we're due a break here. But I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
>tfw garrosh never fell in love with gorgonna and was then taught by her not to be a hateful bigoted warmonger but instead a wise strong leader
Indeed.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Who the fuck is Morgan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:38 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Who the fuck is Morgan?
http://wowpedia.org/Morgan

Obscure NPC.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Who the fuck is Morgan?
Someone that isnt worth going to war against Ironforge
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:55 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Whichever side of the conflict you're on, there's an opportunity here. An opportunity to see more human politics (which is what they need), and an opportunity for Dwarves to show their will and power within the alliance despite human interests. A chance for them to flex their muscles without it being Alliance vs. Horde.

The Alliance needs a little internal conflict to make it interesting. Last time they won in the 2nd War, they lost half the Alliance do to internal strife. Now they have half a victory at Orgrimmar, followed by a shaky peace. It would be remiss if they didn't face a little post victory political tension, and it's a great opportunity for the Alliance to do better this time.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM

Guru of Gilneas

I could offer suggestions, but I won't because dwarves are in a really good place right now. Could it be better? Sure. But there are fans of many playable races who wish they had it as "bad" as the dwarves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
And then Anduin went and gave it to a Tauren. Anduin giving it away was spitting on Magni's grave. A Bronzebeard taking it back would be righting what was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
The weapon was a gift to Anduin from Magni meant to symbolise the friendship between humans and dwarves.

Anduin promptly spat on that idea by giving this priceless dwarven artifact to a Horde Leader, the leader of a race that the dwarves have had significant tensions with, who then promptly used the weapon to kill both dwarves and humans.

Anduin was the one that spat in Magni's face.
Quote:
True, though I don't think Anduin deserves it. He was so quick to give it away to Baine just because "Well, the Giant Cow seems nice....". Now Baine's done the right thing by giving it back, Anduin should return it to the Dwarfs, where it belongs. Even if Muradin himself wouldn't accept it, it belongs to the people of Ironforge.

Edit: And Thunder got there before me, ha!
Dwarves were one of my favorite races until I saw how three dwarf fans got childishly pissy over a damn hammer.

Quote:
My statement still applies.

The Burning Steppes belongs to the Dark Irons, with the notable exception of Lothar's statue. And that has nothing to do with Morgan, that's Stormwind's property.
Sorry, but I don't think all of it once belonged to the dark irons, especially given the human ruins in the south.

Quote:
Holy fuck. Who does this bitch think she is?

Her own Kingdom? So she wants to go up and compete against Stormwind and the Wrynn's? I'm sure SI:7 will have a good giggle at that before they slit her throat.
Why would it be an issue for Stormwind? Stormwind shows no interest in the land. They have been having enough trouble in Redridge. Another human kingdom could create a buffer between the Burning Steppes and their territories. Given the dearth of human kingdoms, having another would likely strengthen humankind. Actually we have this quest from Stormwind:
Quote:
King Varian Wrynn has requested that any able-bodied adventurer head to Blackrock Depths, northwest of Morgan's Vigil, immediately!

The Dark Iron dwarves pose a serious threat to the citizens of Redridge! If you so choose, head to Blackrock Depths and speak with Morgan, who has returned from her extended absence and wishes to enact her vengeance on the Dark Iron nation.
Quote:
"I've been watching the Dark Iron for a long time... plotting, hoping, wishing for the chance to drive them away and take back my land."

Plotting?

Openly plotting against a part of the Council of the Three Hammers?

Prfffffft. Don't even need to be subtle about evicting her. She's lucky a Dark Iron assassin doesn't visit her.
They are not a part of the CoTH. They are Ragnaros-aligned DI.

Quote:
She doesn't seem to distinguish now, does she?
You don't seem capable of reason when it comes to dwarves.

Quote:
Besides, the 'good' Dark Irons will be the ones retaking Blackrock Mountain and the Burning Steppes, backed by Wildhammers, Bronzebeards and Gnomeregan. If she still wants to make a fight of it in that case then she not only needs to be killed for the sheer audacity, but also for the good of the human race. Cleansing the genepool of a Class A moron.
Then I'm glad you're volunteering the retake the mountain.

People are asking why would Stormwind go to war over this, but I think the more important question is why would Ironforge? The only people who seem to give a shit about the Burning Steppes as part of some grand Khaz Modan Empire are the Three Dwarven Stooges: Thunderbraid, Hammerbrew, and Erthad. The Dark Irons, historically as per lore, wanted Ironforge. The Wildhammers wanted Ironforge. The Bronzebeards wanted Ironforge. Hence the War of Three Hammers. The result of the war were the Wildhammers and Dark Irons being pushed out of their ancestral lands by the Bronzebeards. The Dark Iron dwarves do not even control the Burning Steppes: the Dark Horde does. The Dark Iron dwarves control the Searing Gorge. But what dominion does Moira or even Dagran have over the Thorium Brotherhood, who split away from the Dark Iron crown? Morgan does not even want Blackrock Mountain or Shadowforge. She wants her ancestral lands back that were once part of the Redridge Mountains. She is being assisted in this endeavor by humans, dwarves, and gnomes.

Last edited by Genesis; 12-12-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Drunk Assassin

You really have it in for me, don't you? It's amusing.

Carry on.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
You really have it in for me, don't you? It's amusing.

Carry on.
Don't be so vain; it's not about you. I just can't abide idiotic ideas.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Drunk Assassin

Rofl.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:46 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

I wish I could like posts.

(I don't agree with the language, but that's another matter.)

Last edited by Nazja; 12-12-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 02:46 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Don't be so vain
I bet you think this post is about you.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:47 PM

Ranger

Orb of Fire

Here's another mention of Morgan wanting her own kingdom (complete with a fortified capital).

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Maxwell
You've done it! You've actually done it! Morgan's years of planning and waiting have finally come to fruition.

She may have lost her land and family when Ragnaros tore this land asunder, but with the Dark Iron crippled we'll be able to safely build a new kingdom of our own in the Burning Steppes. Not even the Firelord himself will be able to breech the capital's walls!

Make sure you come back someday when we've finished, you'll be our guest of the highest honor. I thank you with all my heart, <name>.
The comment about losing her family when Ragnaros was summoned means Morgan is over 260 years old. Or maybe the quest writer wasn't familiar with the timeline. Whichever.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I like the spot Dwarves are in right now, but if I had to ask for anything it would be a prominent Paladin character. We've seen Humans, Blood Elves, Tauren, and now we're going to see Draenei strutting their stuff in a future expansion... I wanna see something that could make a Dwarf stand out pretty well as a Paladin.

And a Paladin-styled ram mount while still being a part of the Silver Hand. Gimme.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:48 PM

Drunk Assassin

It's funny because if it was solely about my ideas then he wouldn't be calling me personally a stooge, he'd be directing such a word against the idea.

Tags
all dwarves must thrive, best race, dwarven politics, dwarves, ironforge, moira, muradin, shadowforge