Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Are you even fucking capable of saying something constructive or do you just feel the need to pop in and vomit steaming piles of shit for no reason?
He's kinda right this time. Being amoral which generally transaltes into assholes is part of the Forsaken thematics which is part of their charm.

Calia, Koltira, Lillian. They will end up being asses too
Old 03-29-2014, 10:59 PM

Sentinel Queen

What the Alliance and Horde need isn't strength, so much as racial and inner faction diversity.

Though player races being the "Last few remaining *insert race here*" is getting old.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:05 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
He's kinda right this time. Being amoral which generally transaltes into assholes is part of the Forsaken thematics which is part of their charm.

Calia, Koltira, Lillian. They will end up being asses too
It doesn't really fucking matter though since it's completely immaterial to the topic at hand, he's trying to derail constructive conversation, as usual, because it's not about his pet topics and so he gets -bored-.

He's a petulant little bitch who should've been banned years ago.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 PM

Banished

Quote:
It doesn't really fucking matter though since it's completely immaterial to the topic at hand, he's trying to derail constructive conversation, as usual, because it's not about his pet topics and so he gets -bored-.

He's a petulant little bitch who should've been banned years ago.
Ah, I see. I didnt pay attention to the convo right above his post. My bad
Old 03-29-2014, 11:09 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Ah, I see. I didnt pay attention to the convo right above his post. My bad
What, did you honestly think Fojar was capable of a post that didn't retread exactly what he's said twenty thousand times before?

That didn't make a thread about his creepy obsessive hate?

That wasn't passive aggressive and simmering with thinly veiled contempt for everyone on the board who doesn't pander to his views and opinions?

Where've you -been-?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 11:12 PM

Banished

No, but I assumed you were talking about Lordaeron or the Forsake. right above his post and that was why he made his (usual) comment.

Calm papa Sky
Old 03-29-2014, 11:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
What, did you honestly think Fojar was capable of a post that didn't retread exactly what he's said twenty thousand times before?

That didn't make a thread about his creepy obsessive hate?

That wasn't passive aggressive and simmering with thinly veiled contempt for everyone on the board who doesn't pander to his views and opinions?

Where've you -been-?
You really got to learn how to stop getting pissy at people just because you're in a bad mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:21 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
You aren't going to find one who isn't Sylvanas Lite because being a huge prick is part of being undead.
Yep, you're right Fojar.

As such, Sylvanas will be the racial leader of the Forsaken for the whole of the series, nothing can touch her.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You really got to learn how to stop getting pissy at people just because you're in a bad mood.
Or Fojar could stop being an awful little shitstain.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 11:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Or Fojar could stop being an awful little shitstain.
Pointing out a lore fact you don't like does not a shitstain make.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Pointing out a lore fact you don't like does not a shitstain make.
See? This is what makes you a shitstain. I could care less about the Forsaken.

Here watch

"The Forsaken are literally worse than nazis"

The Forsaken eat babies.

The Forsaken shouldn't have been playable.

I don't -care- about your lore facts.

I care that you've been repeating yourself and antagonizing people by derailing other discussions for years on end.

I care that you've said little to nothing new or constructive and rarely elaborate on what you actually think should be done to improve things.

I care that you don't actually have a clue what other people believe because you're an ignorant little douche who can't be assed to understand other people.

How sad and pathetic must your life be to make literally the same posts for years on end in a place where you're almost universally reviled?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
WW2? We've passed that long ago. We've been using vietnam-era weaponry since Cata.

Seriously though, I know it's a completely unreasonable argument, but I just utterly loathe the technological development. I feel it's come at the cost of setting tone, immersion and believability. I would dance in joy if one day, without explanation, every piece of tech introduced after warcraft III just went *boom*, and humans would start rolling out the ballistas again. I know many would hate it, but I've just not been enjoying the complete and utter supremacy our guys should now have.
You and me both. I rather much prefer the medieval themes of warfare. And along with that, I want the idea that Stormwind's military is like an (incompetent) modern military force, just in plate with swords, to disappear. We could also do with some of the superpower magic being toned down.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnfeld View Post
We could also do with some of the superpower magic being toned down.
This.

Anyone else feel that being a 'powerful spellcaster' has become meaningless?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 PM

Sentinel Queen

The Truth is that Fojar is a shoddily made forum bot.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:44 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

I actually don't mind the tech in and of itself, I'd just prefer to see it have more logical effects on the setting (and maybe be a bit more consistent in its application).

I'd prefer not to see it go past '20s/'30s level, though I freely admit that drawing the line will end up being pretty subjective. Basically I just really like stuff from the '20s/'30s. I want to watch silent movies in Orgrimmar.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 03-29-2014, 11:47 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I actually don't mind the tech in and of itself, I'd just prefer to see it have more logical effects on the setting (and maybe be a bit more consistent in its application).

I'd prefer not to see it go past '20s/'30s level, though I freely admit that drawing the line will end up being pretty subjective. Basically I just really like stuff from the '20s/'30s. I want to watch silent movies in Orgrimmar.
That'd be pretty cool.

But yeah it'd be bad if our characters started getting cell phones and playing office humans online.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 11:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
See? This is what makes you a shitstain. I could care less about the Forsaken.

Here watch

"The Forsaken are literally worse than nazis"

The Forsaken eat babies.

The Forsaken shouldn't have been playable.

I don't -care- about your lore facts.

I care that you've been repeating yourself and antagonizing people by derailing other discussions for years on end.

I care that you've said little to nothing new or constructive and rarely elaborate on what you actually think should be done to improve things.

I care that you don't actually have a clue what other people believe because you're an ignorant little douche who can't be assed to understand other people.

How sad and pathetic must your life be to make literally the same posts for years on end in a place where you're almost universally reviled?
Don't act like me pointing out this particular lore fact was irrelevant considering people were discussing the prospect of having a Forsaken character who isn't like Sylvanas. You're acting as though I came into the thread and said it when it had no relevance or bearing on the conversation when the fact of the matter is that it did.

Which makes it look like you're flipping your shit over the mere mention of this particular lore fact, which makes you a fucking baby.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:50 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Warcraft 2 probably showed a higher technological level than Warcraft 3, but Warcraft 2, mostly the gnomes and goblins, felt more steampunk than high tech. World of Warcraft basically turned up the volume to eleven on the technology level.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Don't act like me pointing out this particular lore fact was irrelevant considering people were discussing the prospect of having a Forsaken character who isn't like Sylvanas. You're acting as though I came into the thread and said it when it had no relevance or bearing on the conversation when the fact of the matter is that it did.

Which makes it look like you're flipping your shit over the mere mention of this particular lore fact, which makes you a fucking baby.
No, see it doesn't really matter what you said so long as it falls within your usual parameters of

"There's a thread that's not about the forsaken but they were mentioned in passing, I have carte blanche to be a petulant little shit because not enough people are circlejerking with me about how bad the Forsaken are"

You know what? You're not worth it.

You're a sad, stupid, little bastard and you'll never be happy. You're going to bitch and moan about the Forsaken for the rest of your life while everyone else moves on because they're just not that fucking important.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-29-2014, 11:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
No, see it doesn't really matter what you said so long as it falls within your usual parameters of

"There's a thread that's not about the forsaken but they were mentioned in passing, I have carte blanche to be a petulant little shit because not enough people are circlejerking with me about how bad the Forsaken are"

You know what? You're not worth it.

You're a sad, stupid, little bastard and you'll never be happy. You're going to bitch and moan about the Forsaken for the rest of your life while everyone else moves on because they're just not that fucking important.
Nobody gives a shit about this but you, and word to the wise you look fucking psychotic right now.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Nobody gives a shit about this but you, and word to the wise you look fucking psychotic right now.
Because everyone else is just willing to put up with you. Everyone's gotten used to you. Like a greasy little pimple that comes back no matter how many times you pop it.

For awhile I tried to ignore you too but you're just such a hateable little bastard.

I mean really, no one here takes you seriously. People put up with you, that's it. You contribute -nothing-.

You're a sad, empty little shit-dribbling husk stuck in the past and unable to get over the fact that his favorite kingdom's gone and so delusional that you never pay any attention to what anyone has to say about it all unless it's a flat out agreement with you.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-30-2014, 12:01 AM

Elune

Quote:
That'd be pretty cool.

But yeah it'd be bad if our characters started getting cell phones and playing office humans online.
Agreed, that probably would be a bit much. Early 20th century is probably distant and exotic enough for WoW's needs. With radios, airplanes, and cars, it's actually hard to believe they wouldn't be at that stage.

Maybe Blizzard could do it a la Fallout and have an in-game radio that plays vintage hits like Strut Miss Lizzie or the Anything Goes. But maybe I'm getting a little too into this.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 03-30-2014, 12:04 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Agreed, that probably would be a bit much. Early 20th century is probably distant and exotic enough for WoW's needs. With radios, airplanes, and cars, it's actually hard to believe they wouldn't be at that stage.

Maybe Blizzard could do it a la Fallout and have an in-game radio that plays vintage hits like Strut Miss Lizzie or the Anything Goes. But maybe I'm getting a little too into this.
Meh, let your imagination run wild that's pretty much all the fun we have at this point, I mean realistically they'll never do it, it'll be 'rule of cool' forever, or at least until the current CDevs leave or retire but c'mon, they'll never do that.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-30-2014, 12:06 AM

Elune

Quote:
Meh, let your imagination run wild
I already did

Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
I already did
Heh, point.

I still think it'd be cool to see steam armor "dragoons" for orcs.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
bad thread, critical thinking, faction bias, mop sucks, passive aggressive tags