Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default [Spoilers] War Crimes

From an user at MMO-Champion:

Quote:
"I think this is a good part to update everyone. Thus far the August Celestials and Taran Zhu have decided that they alone will not decide Garrosh's fate. They have invited the leaders of the Alliance and Horde to meet at the Temple of the White Tiger. In addition to the faction leaders, Veneesa, Saurfang, Eitrigg, and Jaina are also present. The Celestials have decided that a proper trial should happen where the Celestials will represent the jury. In addition to this, each faction will choose an Accuser and a Defender for Garrosh to seek balance and a "proper" punishment. One faction will Defend at a time while the other will seek more severe punishments for Garrosh. The Horde have chosen Baine to defend Garrosh and this decision does not sit well with Sylvanas. Sylvanas, instead wanted to defend Garrosh (probably to manipulate the situation to get Garrosh executed). The Alliance have chosen their Accuser to be Varian. Lets see how this plays out! Favourite quote thus far, "Defend Garrosh Hellscream. The very words were an offense." - Baine Bloodhoof."

"Ummm well, the Horde just used their only veto to deny Varian the ability to represent the Alliance as the Accuser. They have chosen Tyrande!"
Quote:
Most of the tension is between Sylvanas and any decision the Alliance makes. Also, Vereesa was caught starring at Sylvanas and then gave her a surprising smirk.
Quote:
"Baine has gone to Mulgore (via teleportation) to take time to think before his Defending of Garrosh. During this time he has a vision of his father and his father basicaly says that he should defending Garrosh and that he will be at peace after he is finished. The sacred ceremony/meditation Baine is enduring is then broken by the arrival of Kairozdormu who has stated that Taran Zhu has instructed him to bring Baine back to the Tiger of the White Tiger. (Kairoz arrives!)"
Quote:
"Tyrande is discussing how the trial may affect her afterwards when Chromie entered the scene. She requested that she join her to meet Taran Zhu. Baine, Tyrande, and the two Bronze Dragons are at the Temple of the White Tiger. Taran Zhu has stated that there are rumours of deception that will happen during the trial. Kairoz then goes on to state that ever since Murozond's defeat he has been "tinkering" with the Hourglass of Time. He has taken a few grains of sand and combining them with the epoch stones from the Timeless Isle. He has created an artifact he calls the "Vision of Time." It cannot turn back time but it can provide a glimpse of any given point in time and even peak into the future. Furthermore, he states, "It can create a precisely controlled rift in time." He also states, "It does not run the risk of changing history, I have altered he intrinsic makeup of the Sands of Time we will be using. The Vision of Time won't actually manifest the events. Only the sights and sounds will be able to come through the rift." I believe this does answer a lot about how Garrosh go to Draenor. It's getting good, enjoy!"
Quote:
Both Baine and Tyrande will be given a finite amount of Vision of Time duration. They will use this to show real events that have happened and the duration of each showing will add to their total time available during the trial. Chrome will advise Tyrande, while Kairoz will inevitably advise Baine.
Quote:
Zaela and the remaining Dragonmaw Clan have retreated to Grim Batol. A scout has been given a letter from an individual that basically says if you still thirst and believe in your True Horde then I may be of great help to you. The individual who wrote this letter is a dragon.
Quote:
Tyrande has begun showing her visions. Velen has been requested to narrate all the scenes but is only allowed to speak about the exact details and not what his heart wants to say. The first four are as follows: 1) Durotan and Orgrim meet Restalaan (a Draenei) after they were saved from the Ogre who was trying to kill them. 2) Restalaan shows Durotan and Orgrim how their city (Telmor) is disguised using powers from The Light so the Ogre's don't know of their existence. Thus, never attacking them. 3) Tyrande then shows the visions where years later, Durotan and Orgrim use the secrets shown to them about the city to exploit it and invade Telmor. Thus, killing any Draenei that stood in their way. Durotan also kills the very Draenei that saved his life and showed him the secrets to protecting their city, Restalaan. 4) An orc asks Durotan what to do with any remaining living Draenei. Durotan says, "Kill them, kill them all!".
Quote:
So Tyrande was attempting to twist the visions to her own benefit. Although, at the end of the third vision a young female Draenei throws herself at Durotan and starts punching his leg. He refuses to kill her but before he can move the girl a Shattered Hand Orc stabs her through the side and throws her to the ground saying, "You owe me one, Frostwolf." Tyrande ends the vision. Baine then uses Kairoz to continue the vision and show that Durotan brings his head up in tears. Baine then asks Velen questions. In conclusion, Velen basically states that all Orcs can change from evil to good with time and even Grom Hellscream went from evil to good with time. Baine made Durotan look like the true Orc he was, forced into a battle he did not want to be in.
Quote:
Update! Thus far it's been normal boring trial stuff about Garrosh using Malkorok to scare/hurt people who disobeyed him and Baine stating that Malkorok could have acted on his own without Garrosh. Baine has now brought Garrosh to a room alone for 10 minutes with Kairoz to ask if he has anything that could help him and he stated that there is "one". Kairoz has given some "subtle" quotes. Here are some from Garrosh and Kairoz, "I am no youngling to be told bedtime tales, Bloodhoof. I will never be permitted another battle, were I as long lived as this bronze wyrm." - Garrosh. Directly after Kairoz smirks and states, "Life is full of surprises!" Furthermore, Varok Saurfang is now taking the stand as a witness for Tyrande. I do however have a feeling that Garrosh may not have knowledge of Kairoz's plan. But, i've been wrong before.
Quote:
Any Varok Saurfang lovers out there? "So the prodigal son has spoken! Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless. You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of consequences?" - Saurfang. "Don't speak to me of consequences, old one!" - Garrosh. " I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies. And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past. His acts could not erase the horrors we committed!" - Saurfang. This is a vision Tyrande is showing and takes place in Warsong Hold, Northrend, during the Lich King days.
Quote:
Shokia now has her moment in the novel! Shokia is being sent letters to gather individuals to help bring back the glory to the Horde (the letters are more than likely coming from Kairoz). The individual attached a list of individuals she must meet. The first person she must meet at Drywhisker Gorge.
Quote:
Alright guys, another chapter has finished. Anduin finished his witness stand and concluded that Garrosh shouldn't be executed because he could change, "like his father changed." Taran Zhu called for a one hour break and Sylvanas joined Baine and Vol'jin and stated that Baine should stop trying so hard because he may actually win! Baine grabbed Sylvanas by the arms after she called him an, "Alliance Sympathizer." Vol'jin asked Baine to let her go, while Sylvanas knew Baine could crush her arms right there and then! After Voljin and Baine left, Sylvanas thought that she would take matters into her own hands and that she didn't need anyone else. She also though about how she would have been a better Accuser than Tyrande. A pandaran then brought a letter to Sylvanas that read, "Once we were on the same side. Perhaps we can be again." In the letter was a ruby necklace. Sylvanas opened her necklace given to her by Alleria that read, "To Sylvanas. Love always, Alleria." The ruby necklace read, "To Vereesa. With love, Alleria." Any discussion after this all over the place explanation?

Sylvanas responded to Vareesa (yes it was confirmed to be Vareesa) with, "I will see you at home after court." Obviously, it has more meaning to it but she worded it this way so if anyone found it they wouldn't know who it was from or what it meant. You know it could cause a war a cool stuff like that!

I just finished the scene where Anduin talks to Garrosh in his jail cell, this scene was given a preview by Blizzard some time ago. The next scene seems to involve Sylvanas and Vereesa. This is going to be my last chapter tonight and then I must hit the sack so I can work in the morning I plan on finishing the book tomorrow night! I will do one more update with this last chapter before that! This is the preview. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/133...k-3-17-2014%20

Update! Sylvanas and Vereesa met in Ghostlands, where they grew up before Arthas destroyed the land. Basically, Vereesa requested that Sylvanas create a new poison that is not traceable to murder Garrosh before the ruling of the August Celestials. But, before Sylvanas agrees to anything she wanted to know why Vereesa wanted him dead so badly. After several excuses/lies Vereesa finally said, "He took my Rhonin!" Vereesa began crying profusely and Sylvanas actually went in and hugged her sister.

I will sporadically post details I may have missed so far until I depart from work. Vereesa has also stated to Sylvanas that Jaina has given Vereesa approval of their assassination plan. Vereesa does state that Sylvanas isn't the face she used to love. Although, in these dire situations, I don't think she really cares. Vereesa arrived their by Dragonhawk and had to kill a bunch of Banshees/Undead before seeing her sister. At this moment Sylvanas said, "You don't want to kill this Banshee."

Vol'jin has been called to the witness stand. Tyrande was focusing on the fact that Garrosh exiled the Trolls and how he put martial law on the Echo Isles. Furthermore, it is shown through a vision that the Saurok were "formed" via dark magic by the Mogu and were not born into Pandaria. Garrosh wished to use this power to build an army. When Vol'jin witnessed this he incredibly disagreed. Vol'jin, was sliced on the throat by Rak'gor, one of the Kor'Korn, and left to bleed to death (this story was told via a patch in MoP). It is then shown that Garrosh specifically told Rak'gor to do this if Vol'jin did not agree with his plan.
Quote:
The Alliance stated at the beginning of the trial that all of the Horde should be put on trial and not just Garrosh. Also, for any Greymane lovers out there, he choose to use his Worgen form throughout the trial.
Quote:
Also, during the trial Sylvanas and Lor'themar spoke in Thalassian tongue to each other for a brief moment about the Alliance. Sylvanas made some witty remark about Lor'Themar wanting Warchief for himself.
Quote:
Baine has done a rather "exceptional" job representing Garrosh, he has done so because Vol'jin requested him to. Although, he made it seem like Vol'jin was committing treason because of how he told Garrosh we did not respect him and how Garrosh would know, "who shot the arrow through his black heart." Baine basically just threw Vol'jin under the bus and made it look like Garrosh's motives to assassinate Vol'jin were justified.
Quote:
"Vol'jin has called the duly appointed Warchief 'inept'. He has said he 'depises' Garrosh. He threatens to 'end his rule'. What else can these words possible be constructed as other than treason? The story forums copy pasterino this.And what fate awaits treaitors to the Horde, according to Vol'jin, its current leader?" - Baine (BTW, Vol'jin said traitors should be killed.)

"I believe Garrosh felt threatened by Vol'jin and considered him a traitor. I believe it is possible that Garrosh felt his own life was in danger" - Baine
Quote:
All the ex Aspects, except Nozdormu, are present during the trial.
Quote:
Garrosh has requested to speak to Anduin and in return he will let the Defender and Accuser speak with him during the trial. This is the second of their meetings.

"I have never forgotten my people's traditions. I repeat what I said to Vol'jin. Were I free, I would indeed stop at nothing to ensure a proud and glorious future for the orcs - and anyone with the courage to stand with us." "What if the Alliance stood with you?" Garrosh starred at him in utter shock, his mouth slightly open in disbelief. Finally, Garrosh spoke. "Get out."
Quote:
Thalen is in Silvermoon thinking about how loyal he is to the True Horde and how they rescued him from the Theramore prisons. He also states how Lor'Thermar is being soft and becoming to friendly with the Alliance. Before Thalen can close his house window, two figures on black wolves rid up to him. Zaela, is one of the figures. Zaela states, "As you said - someone rescued you once, when you languished in captivity. I think you might be the sort of person who would care to return that favor."
Quote:
Kalecgoc brings Jaina down by the ocean in Pandaria near the Temple of the White Tiger. He talks to her about how she has changed and how he believes she will continue to wound even after the trial. He does not enjoy watching Jaina feel this way and stated, ""If you keep hanging on to this hatred, Jaina... it will devour you. And I couldn't bear to watch... to lose you to that. I don't want to lose you, Jaina!" Basically if Jaina continues down this path, Kalecgoc is going to leave.
Quote:
People refer to Thrall as Go'el. All the time (as it's his real name)..
Quote:
Zaela has just launched an attack on Westguard Keep in the Howling Fjord. Shokia was distracting Alliance members while Zaela and another orc broke Harrowmeiser out of prison. The incentive is that Harrowmeiser has access to a significant amount of funds which they would like to use to pay individuals in order to build an army to reclaim the True Horde.
Quote:
Baine just showed everyone the scene that occured during Patch 4.2 (?) where the Druids of the Flame took Go'el. This scene is the one where he is in the Skywall surrounded by Air Elementals with his shadow form in the center of the platform. The quote he showed was, "Oblivion... nothing.... but oblivion. I have... failed the Horde.... as warchief. Garrosh... will lead it to ruin. My people... to ruin. Cairne, my brother... why did I not listen?" The scene faded and another scene began to take shape.
Quote:
Spoiler alert! I flipped to the last two pages and caught one sentence that involved Wrathion! Anduin claims that Wrathion is in on Kairoz's plan! Yeah for lore!

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Received-Early

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)

Last edited by Cemotucu; 04-25-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 06:24 PM

Elune

Who wants to bet that Kairoz fucked with the Vision of Time and it won't show the true events at all?

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
Who wants to bet that Kairoz fucked with the Vision of Time and it won't show the true events at all?
I wouldn't be surprised.

Other update:

Quote:
Zaela and the remaining Dragonmaw Clan have retreated to Grim Batol. A scout has been given a letter from an individual that basically says if you still thirst and believe in your True Horde then I may be of great help to you. The individual who wrote this letter is a dragon.
Quote:
Aggra, is also pregnant with a second child.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Last edited by Cemotucu; 04-24-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 PM

Echo of the Past

So... did the Dragonmaw Clan ever ever lose control of Grim Batol?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
So... did the Dragonmaw Clan ever ever lose control of Grim Batol?
It seems they regained it.

Also:

Quote:
Tyrande has begun showing her visions. Velen has been requested to narrate all the scenes but is only allowed to speak about the exact details and not what his heart wants to say. The first four are as follows: 1) Durotan and Orgrim meet Restalaan (a Draenei) after they were saved from the Ogre who was trying to kill them. 2) Restalaan shows Durotan and Orgrim how their city (Telmor) is disguised using powers from The Light so the Ogre's don't know of their existence. Thus, never attacking them. 3) Tyrande then shows the visions where years later, Durotan and Orgrim use the secrets shown to them about the city to exploit it and invade Telmor. Thus, killing any Draenei that stood in their way. Durotan also kills the very Draenei that saved his life and showed him the secrets to protecting their city, Restalaan. 4) An orc asks Durotan what to do with any remaining living Draenei. Durotan says, "Kill them, kill them all!".
Mmm not sure of what's the point of showing this scene.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-24-2014, 07:49 PM

Elune

The point was for this part:

Quote:
So Tyrande was attempting to twist the visions to her own benefit. Although, at the end of the third vision a young female Draenei throws herself at Durotan and starts punching his leg. He refuses to kill her but before he can move the girl a Shattered Hand Orc stabs her through the side and throws her to the ground saying, "You owe me one, Frostwolf." Tyrande ends the vision. Baine then uses Kairoz to continue the vision and show that Durotan brings his head up in tears. Baine then asks Velen questions. In conclusion, Velen basically states that all Orcs can change from evil to good with time and even Grom Hellscream went from evil to good with time. Baine made Durotan look like the true Orc he was, forced into a battle he did not want to be in.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
The point was for this part:
I see. So Tyrande wanted to show the jury how orcs are unhonorable war monsters as a whole... I understand now why the Horde choose her.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-24-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
I see. So Tyrande wanted to show the jury how orcs are unhonorable war monsters as a whole... I understand now why the Horde choose her.
It might be that she's trying to show that the Horde don't deserve Garrosh, because they are as responsible as he is. The Alliance are the real victims.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

That's so... weird... they should have objected. It's not relevant information.

I expect better from my dragon and panda-led trials of an orc from another dimension. Sheesh.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
It might be that she's trying to show that the Horde don't deserve Garrosh, because they are as responsible as he is. The Alliance are the real victims.
That makes sense. I forgot that the point of the trial is not the punish Garrosh, but to decide which faction deserves to punish him.

Guess the Celestials will decide which faction has more right to Garrosh's head.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
That's so... weird... they should have objected. It's not relevant information.

I expect better from my dragon and panda-led trials of an orc from another dimension. Sheesh.
Baine counter-argued. The person isn't going into too many details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 PM

Elune

This Grim Batol thing really sucks. Just give the fucking place back to the Dwarves already.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
This Grim Batol thing really sucks. Just give the fucking place back to the Dwarves already.
It's weird. It went from Dwarves, to cultists, to I assumed to be the Red flight, and now the Dragonmaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It's weird. It went from Dwarves, to cultists, to I assumed to be the Red flight, and now the Dragonmaw.
It's not that weird. The place should still be cursed from the original Dark Iron invasion. The Twilight's Hammer and Dark Horde moving in probably didn't help any.

No one would live there given a choice basically.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 PM

Elune

Quote:
It's a cursed place. So cursed, that the Red Dragons had to abandon it.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Dragonmaw had it between dwarves and cultists too.

Editin':

Quote:
Update! Thus far it's been normal boring trial stuff about Garrosh using Malkorok to scare/hurt people who disobeyed him and Baine stating that Malkorok could have acted on his own without Garrosh. Baine has now brought Garrosh to a room alone for 10 minutes with Kairoz to ask if he has anything that could help him and he stated that there is "one". Kairoz has given some "subtle" quotes. Here are some from Garrosh and Kairoz, "I am no youngling to be told bedtime tales, Bloodhoof. I will never be permitted another battle, were I as long lived as this bronze wyrm." - Garrosh. Directly after Kairoz smirks and states, "Life is full of surprises!" Furthermore, Varok Saurfang is now taking the stand as a witness for Tyrande. I do however have a feeling that Garrosh may not have knowledge of Kairoz's plan. But, i've been wrong before.

With that said, goodbye.

Last edited by Reignac; 04-24-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 08:47 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
The funny thing though? In Warcraft 2 there was no hint that it belonged to anyone other than the orcs. Grim Batol, Blackrock Mountain, Auchindoun, and the Black Citadel were all orc locations that were "stolen" from the orcs and turned into some other race's prior property.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM

Elune

I just wish I knew Kairoz' motivations. It just seems so strange so far.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:56 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I just wish I knew Kairoz' motivations. It just seems so strange so far.
Indeed. :/ But it seems that Wrathion is involved (Anduin's spec):

Quote:
Spoiler alert! I flipped to the last two pages and caught one sentence that involved Wrathion! Anduin claims that Wrathion is in on Kairoz's plan! Yeah for lore!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

Old 04-24-2014, 09:27 PM

World Builder

Runes

Shokia makes sense, wondering why she wasnt in the true horde to begin with though.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 PM

Elune

Sylvanas's subplot

Quote:
Taran Zhu called for a one hour break and Sylvanas joined Baine and Vol'jin and stated that Baine should stop trying so hard because he may actually win! Baine grabbed Sylvanas by the arms after she called him an, "Alliance Sympathizer." Vol'jin asked Baine to let her go, while Sylvanas knew Baine could crush her arms right there and then! After Voljin and Baine left, Sylvanas thought that she would take matters into her own hands and that she didn't need anyone else. She also though about how she would have been a better Accuser than Tyrande. A pandaran then brought a letter to Sylvanas that read, "Once we were on the same side. Perhaps we can be again." In the letter was a ruby necklace. Sylvanas opened her necklace given to her by Alleria that read, "To Sylvanas. Love always, Alleria." The ruby necklace read, "To Vereesa. With love, Alleria." Any discussion after this all over the place explanation?
Quote:
Sylvanas responded to Vareesa (yes it was confirmed to be Vareesa) with, "I will see you at home after court." Obviously, it has more meaning to it but she worded it this way so if anyone found it they wouldn't know who it was from or what it meant. You know it could cause a war a cool stuff like that!

With that said, goodbye.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 PM

Elune

It's kind of sad that even at the trial, Baine's motivations still have to be fuelled by Cairne.

Will his character ever get out of the shadow of Cairne? :I
Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
It's kind of sad that even at the trial, Baine's motivations still have to be fuelled by Cairne.

I have a feeling Blizzard doesn't know what to do with Baine. The whole Cairne thing was always a side plot just to make sure both sides lost someone in Cata and they didn't seem to plan anything beyond Cairne.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:

That would require tauren be more than orc sidekicks

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Anyone in his position would need motivation to defend Garrosh.

Tags
garrosh is a war criminal, jaina, literature, mop sucks, warcraft, what a tweest!, yeah right