Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 04-25-2014, 07:25 AM

Arch-Druid

Some other missed stuff.

Quote:
I will sporadically post details I may have missed so far until I depart from work. Vereesa has also stated to Sylvanas that Jaina has given Vereesa approval of their assassination plan.
Quote:
Vereesa does state that Sylvanas isn't the face she used to love. Although, in these dire situations, I don't think she really cares.
Quote:
This is correct, also for those who asked, Vereesa arrived their by Dragonhawk and had to kill a bunch of Banshees/Undead before seeing her sister. At this moment Sylvanas said, "You don't want to kill this Banshee."

Last edited by Kiraser; 04-25-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Even the devs are taking the piss with the "daddy's clone" thing:
I don't expect much from the devs these days, but even mocking there own fuck up seems less humbled and more frat boy stupid.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

First post updated ^^

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Vol'jin has been called to the witness stand. Tyrande was focusing on the fact that Garrosh exiled the Trolls and how he put martial law on the Echo Isles. Furthermore, it is shown through a vision that the Saurok were "formed" via dark magic by the Mogu and were not born into Pandaria. Garrosh wished to use this power to build an army. When Vol'jin witnessed this he incredibly disagreed. Vol'jin, was sliced on the throat by Rak'gor, one of the Kor'Korn, and left to bleed to death (this story was told via a patch in MoP). It is then shown that Garrosh specifically told Rak'gor to do this if Vol'jin did not agree with his plan.

Quote:
The Alliance stated at the beginning of the trial that all of the Horde should be put on trial and not just Garrosh. Also, for any Greymane lovers out there, he choose to use his Worgen form throughout the trial.
Also, during the trial Sylvanas and Lor'themar spoke in Thalassian tongue to each other for a brief moment about the Alliance.
Quote:
Baine has done a rather "exceptional" job representing Garrosh, he has done so because Vol'jin requested him to. Although, he made it seem like Vol'jin was committing treason because of how he told Garrosh we did not respect him and how Garrosh would know, "who shot the arrow through his black heart." Baine basically just threw Vol'jin under the bus and made it look like Garrosh's motives to assassinate Vol'jin were justified.
Quote:
All of the quotes Baine references below are shown via a scene between Garrosh and Vol'jin.
Quote:
"Vol'jin has called the duly appointed Warchief 'inept'. He has said he 'depises' Garrosh. He threatens to 'end his rule'. What else can these words possible be constructed as other than treason? And what fate awaits traitors to the Horde, according to Vol'jin, its current leader?" - Baine (BTW, Vol'jin said traitors should be killed.)
Quote:
"I believe Garrosh felt threatened by Vol'jin and considered him a traitor. I believe it is possible that Garrosh felt his own life was in danger" - Baine
Quote:
Garrosh has requested to speak to Anduin and in return he will let the Defender and Accuser speak with him during the trial. This is the second of their meetings.
Quote:
"I have never forgotten my people's traditions. I repeat what I said to Vol'jin. Were I free, I would indeed stop at nothing to ensure a proud and glorious future for the orcs - and anyone with the courage to stand with us." "What if the Alliance stood with you?" Garrosh starred at him in utter shock, his mouth slightly open in disbelief. Finally, Garrosh spoke. "Get out."
Quote:
For anyone who cares, all the Dragon Aspects, or "ex" Dragon Aspects, however you refer to them, are present except for Nozdormu.
Quote:
Thalen is in Silvermoon thinking about how loyal he is to the True Horde and how they rescued him from the Theramore prisons. He also states how Lor'Thermar is being soft and becoming to friendly with the Alliance. Before Thalen can close his house window, two figures on black wolves rid up to him. Zaela, is one of the figures. Zaela states, "As you said - someone rescued you once, when you languished in captivity. I think you might be the sort of person who would care to return that favor."
Quote:
Kalecgoc brings Jaina down by the ocean in Pandaria near the Temple of the White Tiger. He talks to her about how she has changed and how he believes she will continue to wound even after the trial. He does not enjoy watching Jaina feel this way and stated, "If you keep hanging on to this hatred, Jaina... it will devour you. And I couldn't bear to watch... to lose you to that. I don't want to lose you, Jaina!" Basically if Jaina continues down this path, Kalecgoc is going to leave.
Quote:
Up next to the witness chair, Thrall (although it is stated that people no longer call him Thrall, instead they refer to him by his real name, Go'el)
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Garrosh has requested to speak to Anduin and in return he will let the Defender and Accuser speak with him during the trial. This is the second of their meetings.

"I have never forgotten my people's traditions. I repeat what I said to Vol'jin. Were I free, I would indeed stop at nothing to ensure a proud and glorious future for the orcs - and anyone with the courage to stand with us." "What if the Alliance stood with you?" Garrosh starred at him in utter shock, his mouth slightly open in disbelief. Finally, Garrosh spoke. "Get out."
Garrosh and I are in accord here.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Up next to the witness chair, Thrall (although it is stated that people no longer call him Thrall, instead they refer to him by his real name, Go'el)

are they fucking kidding..
Old 04-25-2014, 10:57 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post

are they fucking kidding..
We get it, you don't like the name. You don't have to post two nearly identical posts in two different threads to get that point across.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
We get it, you don't like the name. You don't have to post two nearly identical posts in two different threads to get that point across.
then why are there two identical threads about the same subject?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
then why are there two identical threads about the same subject?
It's not so that you can repeat yourself, that's for sure.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 AM

Hon hon hon

I like how being angry at the Horde for all its atrocities make someone so bad that even a Dragon couldn't bear to remain with said person.

It is Stratholme all over again : the people who lacks the guts to endure what must be done flee, leaving one poor soul to be crushed by the weigh of what they did to preserve the rest of their Kingdom/Faction.

So, basically, Jaïna as but two way forward : either reverting to her old Horde Apologist or becomes a raid boss. Way to go, Blizzard, since this book is apparently destroying two of the last three remaining compelling Alliance characters that you actually see ingame and quests with you, Jaïna and Vareesa. We are still lacking anything on Rogers, which surprise me, since I bet she would have been quite happy to testimony against the Horde, and especially Sylvanas.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 AM

Eternal

Quote:
It's not so that you can repeat yourself, that's for sure.
then join the fucking threads up, this ones taking up space.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
then join the fucking threads up, this ones taking up space.
If it annoys you that much, PM a mod/admin about it.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 AM

Eternal

Quote:
If it annoys you that much, PM a mod/admin about it.
I don't actually care, but you felt the need to moan about something I said.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:14 AM

Elune

This one is for spoilers only.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
This one is for spoilers only.
Way I see it, people who get offended at the possibility of spoilers when discussing a book that others are giving a review of should not be on a thread about that book, it should be basic common sense. What stops anyone copying a spoiler here and posting it on the other thread?

Anyway, don't care, not really much to gain from beating this dead horse.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM

Elune

Quote:
Anduin finished his witness stand and concluded that Garrosh shouldn't be executed because he could change, "like his father changed."
Quote:
In conclusion, Velen basically states that all Orcs can change from evil to good with time and even Grom Hellscream went from evil to good with time.

I'm not even surprised.

Grom didn't change. He got a lucky hit on Moe.

Quote:
There is no tension between [Genn and Sylvanas], yet. Most of the tension is between Sylvanas and any decision the Alliance makes.

Last edited by Drusus; 04-25-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 11:24 AM

Elune

Quote:
Way I see it, people who get offended at the possibility of spoilers when discussing a book that others are giving a review of should not be on a thread about that book, it should be basic common sense. What stops anyone copying a spoiler here and posting it on the other thread?

Anyway, don't care, not really much to gain from beating this dead horse.
No, it's so people don't have to go digging through the other thread.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
No, it's so people don't have to go digging through the other thread.
Indeed, so cut the chatter and discuss the spoilers in the other thread.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

So here I here I was waiting for spoilers to be posted here only to found out they were posted in the other thread with 40 pages now...
Old 04-26-2014, 01:02 PM

World Builder

Runes

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at 'angry warchief baine'.

All of this alt timeline bullshit is ridiculous.

The book sounds stupid and awful, like character assassination on a massive scale.

Blizzard: "Oh these characters had a veneer of competence, likeability, and realism to them before?

Haha Fuck that."

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-26-2014, 01:16 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I couldn't help but roll my eyes at 'angry warchief baine'.
Smacks of the What If? stuff Marvel did starring Uatu. "What if X had done Y?" Then the comic proceeds to depict how fucked the world would be if that had happened, to ludicrous degrees.

"Why did all the characters do stupid things? Because reality itself would be fucked if not, that's why!"
Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
Smacks of the What If? stuff Marvel did starring Uatu. "What if X had done Y?" Then the comic proceeds to depict how fucked the world would be if that had happened, to ludicrous degrees.

"Why did all the characters do stupid things? Because reality itself would be fucked if not, that's why!"
What do you expect? Writers are all egotistical bastards. Without good editors to bring them back down to earth and keep them on a fucking leash, they'll believe they can do no wrong.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:34 PM

World Builder

Runes

Because Baine would totally be a different person just if he killed Garrosh.

It's like the argument that batman can't kill joker or he'll go crazy.

It's dumb.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-26-2014, 01:47 PM

The biggest problem is that Blizzard is shamelessly reinforcing the fact that their word is god in a most blatant and ham-fisted manner. They are right because they say they are right. They don't need to explain anything. Their portrayal of characters and events are what they are meant to be, regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

This is nothing new. This is Blizzard's standard operating procedure. They think that because they write the story, they can tell people, us, what we're supposed to think of their story.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:49 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
The biggest problem is that Blizzard is shamelessly reinforcing the fact that their word is god in a most blatant and ham-fisted manner. They are right because they say they are right. They don't need to explain anything. Their portrayal of characters and events are what they are meant to be, regardless of whether or not it makes sense.

This is nothing new. This is Blizzard's standard operating procedure. They think that because they write the story, they can tell people, us, what we're supposed to think of their story.
This is why I've never felt those "That's not canon!" achievements and such are playful goodnatured ribbing.

Blizz takes the idea that it should pay any attention to detail when it comes to the story as an offense.

Honestly they're like... "How dare you"

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
garrosh is a war criminal, jaina, literature, mop sucks, warcraft, what a tweest!, yeah right