Old 11-03-2020, 11:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
To Contain The Madness.
Thank you
Old 11-03-2020, 08:24 PM

Echo of the Past

For a second there? My wife and I were starting to wonder if Texas was going to flip. Not yet.

At least I can tell my grandchildren I never voted for Trump.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
For a second there? My wife and I were starting to wonder if Texas was going to flip. Not yet.

At least I can tell my grandchildren I never voted for Trump.
Yeah, was never going to happen.

At this point, it's looking pretty solid Trump victory if Ohio and Penn maintain. And Florida of course.

Areas we likely won't know the outcome of until later on due to mail ins. And surprise, it's looking like Virginia is in play.

This will be a nail biter as more and more areas report, and I don't think the trends we are seeing are going to hold.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:41 AM

Echo of the Past

Of course the human garbage wants our Supreme Court to make states stop counting, and to ignore mail-in ballots.

The good news is he's never had the military in his pocket and foreseeable never will.

The bad news is... good lord, half the country somehow loves this creature.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:31 PM

Echo of the Past

The delicious part? Trump is not conceding, and the world is basically IGNORING him. Delicious.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:27 PM

World Builder

Quote:
The delicious part? Trump is not conceding, and the world is basically IGNORING him. Delicious.

Heh.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM

Echo of the Past

Fox News is tossing him overboard. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...s-projects.amp

Quote:
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has defeated President Trump
Quote:
Trump, his campaign and surrogates have spread allegations of fraud in the voting and ballot counting in various states, although solid proof of it has not emerged.
The article carries a tone that Trump's personal record may have kept conservative voters from voting Republican, when they might have otherwise.

Quote:
Biden was able to keep the spotlight on the president’s record, largely preventing Trump from making the 2020 campaign a choice election.
Quote:
Biden held his own in both presidential debates – disproving the repeated attacks by Trump and his campaign questioning the 77-year old nominee’s mental acuity.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:04 AM

Elune

Quote:
Of course the human garbage wants our Supreme Court to make states stop counting, and to ignore mail-in ballots.
Just as an aside...

In some areas yes, that should happen. It's really concerning that's even a partisan statement.

The legislative branches control voting and how it's handled. In certain areas, the judicial branch stepped in and took that power. It is unconstitutional, and not even in the "But muh conspiracy theory" way.

It's just, blatantly, not allowed as the law is currently understood, subject to Supreme Court rulings and how Rona influences opinions.

In theory, those areas are cognizant of that and are keeping separate counts and storage of ballots effected by this while adding them to the overall count. Especially considering they were told to in preparation for potential legal challenges and it was policy.

It won't really get nasty unless people didn't follow that. In which case it very much deserves to get nasty

At this point, let Trump complain and go through the motions. If everything is on the up and up, no harm in investigation or legal battles. He'll lose.

EDIT: To put it into a more basic perspective, it's the exact same fear many people have with the current (or any) unbalanced Supreme Court.

Overriding the Legislative to dictate legality based on judicial fiat.

Last edited by Ruinshin; 11-08-2020 at 09:18 AM..
Old 11-08-2020, 11:12 AM

Echo of the Past

There were states where the state legislature wanted to stop counting ballots, but the state court made them continue?

EDIT: There we go: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...llots.amp.html

One thing I know very distinctly, is Mr. Trump told states to stop counting while it was still election night. And before election night came, he was already brazenly declaring that he wouldn't accept election results he didn't like.

Well, I'm ready for a boring president again. Pretty excited for it.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 11-08-2020 at 11:39 AM..
Old 11-08-2020, 12:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
There were states where the state legislature wanted to stop counting ballots, but the state court made them continue?

EDIT: There we go: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...llots.amp.html

One thing I know very distinctly, is Mr. Trump told states to stop counting while it was still election night. And before election night came, he was already brazenly declaring that he wouldn't accept election results he didn't like.

Well, I'm ready for a boring president again. Pretty excited for it.
Getting into the nitty gritty of it, there's a bit more than they are saying in the case.

Not just counting ballots, but there was an additional ruling on there that claims ballots with no postmark can be counted for three days as well.. Which means it's more than possible they can be sent in "after" election day.

I don't expect there to be a large enough number of those to flip. And you can have your boring president. Just, its still got lots of court cases infront of us, and that's the right of Trump to do.

Frankly, if we had a proper voter ID backed voting system with a strong infrastructure, this wouldn't be a problem, but our election system Is held together by spit and paper.

It's really time to get that fixed.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:32 AM

Echo of the Past

Okay Mitch, and other Republicans. You need to move on. Move the f*** on. Get off this bloated albatross.

If they don't watch themselves, if they keep stoking and validating the cheeto minions, then they're going to end up with something stupid like Trump on the Republican ballot again in 2024. And if that stupidity is the trend, then to paraphrase the imbecilic Lindsey Graham: Republicans will never elect the president again.

Abandon ship. Leave him to rot. Please.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:02 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Getting into the nitty gritty of it, there's a bit more than they are saying in the case.

Not just counting ballots, but there was an additional ruling on there that claims ballots with no postmark can be counted for three days as well.. Which means it's more than possible they can be sent in "after" election day.

I don't expect there to be a large enough number of those to flip. And you can have your boring president. Just, its still got lots of court cases infront of us, and that's the right of Trump to do.

Frankly, if we had a proper voter ID backed voting system with a strong infrastructure, this wouldn't be a problem, but our election system Is held together by spit and paper.

It's really time to get that fixed.
Republicans blocked a bunch of election reform bills over the past 4 years. They tried to cheat with their usual shady methods but were overcome this time. As always, their only way to react is with projection. Since they know they always cheat, clearly the only way they lost is because their opponents cheated better.
Unfortunately, their vile methods did result in many victories across the country, just not the big seat.
https://www.dcreport.org/2020/12/19/...s-dont-add-up/
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 12-20-2020 at 08:30 PM..