My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-04-2017, 04:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40148737

This is perhaps the most sad and infuriating line of this article and it also backs up what the London mayor is on record for saying:

Terrorists attacks, especially in London, are the new normal. Sure, especially during the month of Ramadan, there is a high chance that if you visit you won't be coming home, it's just part of the new normal and you learn to live with it.

This shouldn't be normal. This shouldn't be something that people in London, especially, should be walking around and just expect that someone is going to try to kill them in the name of their religious extremism.
I just want to point out that this madness has been the "new normal" for most of the Middle East and Asia/Africa for decades now. Heck, same week as Manchester more people were once again killed by terrorist attacks in Kabul and elsewhere. Few years ago (I believe it was around the time of the Paris attack) one of the biggest mosques in Kuwait City was attacked via suicide bombing during Ramadan. But that isn't present in our minds in the West, it's far away and to us it's "normal" that this happens in yonder lands. All part of the plan.

Also, relating to other posts on the subject here, if you continue to blame only religion for the issues, you will get nowhere. Religion is troublesome, and religious extremism a plague, but in order to become extremist, you have to tick certain boxes. A happy, safe human being with an acceptable future and an acceptable living environment does not consider extremism and killing innocents. Ask yourself first how bad things have to be for so many, when so many consider such behaviour a viable alternative. People don't randomly turn hysterical and fanatic.

Last edited by miffy23; 06-04-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 05:09 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
How?
Careers. Pointing places that would value my degree and hire foreigners.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:13 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I believe the official position here in America is "Fuck off, we're full." Try Canada maybe?
Member #14
Old 06-04-2017, 05:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Depending on your degree Canada.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:45 PM

Eternal

The UK needs to get its shit in order.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:59 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
So to be frank with you, immigration and/or permanent residency in Canada is a reasonably difficult process. There're specific programs in place specifically designed to help draw foreign professionals in, but they rely on a number of factors which you ought to consider.

You've got your basics covered in that you can speak and write in English (I don't suppose you can also speak and/or write in French?). Do you have a degree and/or accreditation? How many hours have you worked in the last 5-10 years? Do you have any money saved up already? Do you have any family already in Canada?

These are the types of questions which you'd be expected to answer if you want to go that route.

You can find all of this online, but the best place to look (if you're even interested in Canada as an option) is the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship website.

There are also programs for temporary work, which might help pave the way to a hypothetical application in the future, but that very much depends on your training. I'd recommend you poke around the CIC website if you wanted to know more.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

My area of study is Digital Communications (Social Media, Interface Design, User Experience, Information Architecture, Digital Photography, Art Direction, Advertising and Marketing, this kind of stuff).

How bad of an idea is it to go to Europe? I have Italian ancestors.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:46 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
The UK needs to get its shit in order.
Listening to people who report their friends would be a good thing for them to try.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...tremist-views/
Member #14
Old 06-05-2017, 01:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
My area of study is Digital Communications (Social Media, Interface Design, User Experience, Information Architecture, Digital Photography, Art Direction, Advertising and Marketing, this kind of stuff).

It really depends on the country. I could pinpoint you towards the Czech Republic or Austria, each for various reasons, although when it comes to employment, CZ is at the moment a more reasonable choice. Unless you speak German.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:33 AM

Elune

Wow. Nigel Farage went on Fox and basically advocated for internment camps.
Apparently this is too far even for Fox (for now).
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-05-2017 at 02:46 AM..
Old 06-05-2017, 03:50 AM

Elune

Give it time.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:22 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Not bad at all. It's quite nice here. Though usually a bit colder than you're used to...
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 06-05-2017, 04:44 AM

Elune

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and UAE have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar. This comes not long after email leaks about reducing Qatar's influence, not long after the biggest arms deal I'm US history being made with SA, and after years of Qatar funding terrorists that fight the terrorists that SA funds. Qatar being allies with Iran is also worth mentioning. I'd be worried about a military conflict arising from this if our president didn't have numerous investments in Doha. I could see him shutting down Al Udeid, but I don't think he'd cost himself money.
http://m.gulf-times.com/story/552152...Qatar-campaign
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle...ource=facebook

It's also worth noting that these are a few of the positions in the US State Dept that have been intentionally left vacant: Asst Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs, Under Secretary for Political Affairs, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Arabian Peninsula Affairs
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-05-2017 at 04:51 AM..
Old 06-05-2017, 04:47 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Not bad at all. It's quite nice here. Though usually a bit colder than you're used to...
I disagree.

You've got the best-looking women on the globe in Brazil. Why'd you want to visit Europe (unless you're gay, in which case you should come over, we've got the most handsome men here up north, all aryan and apex-like)?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I disagree.

You've got the best-looking women on the globe in Brazil.
One word: Sweden
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 06-05-2017, 06:14 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
I disagree.

You've got the best-looking women on the globe in Brazil. Why'd you want to visit Europe (unless you're gay, in which case you should come over, we've got the most handsome men here up north, all aryan and apex-like)?
I guess I should not be surprised to hear this opinion from someone who thinks that Slavic women generally look the same as Roma women.

In all seriousness, it's all about personal preferences really. There's a number of European countries that, on average, rank as high or even higher than Brazil, but each offers a different mix. For example, if you are into rather fair/pale complexions, Brazil might not be as offering as say Sweden, the Baltic countries, or northern Russia.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:18 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I'm pretty sure that Krainz has better things to worry about.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:39 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
One word: Sweden
I'm not saying the typical "sexy Swede lady"-stereotype doesn't hold any merit. I guess blonde and blue-eyed women can be attractive to some. But I think the global consensus states that women ought to resemble something like the essences a cup of coffee; dark, hot, and addictive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I guess I should not be surprised to hear this opinion from someone who thinks that Slavic women generally look the same as Roma women.

In all seriousness, it's all about personal preferences really. There's a number of European countries that, on average, rank as high or even higher than Brazil, but each offers a different mix. For example, if you are into rather fair/pale complexions, Brazil might not be as offering as say Sweden, the Baltic countries, or northern Russia.
Maybe it's the stereotypical bohemian-esque scarf-and-colourful-flower-patterened-skirt-outfit eastern European ladies and gypsies tend to sport that distracts me from the differences in physical appearance. Don't judge me for being inattentive to minor ethnic variation.

But yeah, of course it's completely up to the eye of the beholder. Whenever I go on my rants about what does and what doesn't constitute beauty and aethetic physical perfection, as if it were the objective truth, it's very much tongue-in-cheek. Except for when I'm bashing ugly people, then I'm very serious. Please, for the sake of humanity's collective happiness and well-being, take a cue from the Muslims and cover yourself up if you're anywhere below average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I'm pretty sure that Krainz has better things to worry about.
Let love wash your worries away, babe.

Last edited by Aneurysm; 06-05-2017 at 06:44 AM..
Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
Is Europe being attacked by barbarians again?
Islam never stops, it just tries new ways to conquer all.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and UAE have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar. This comes not long after email leaks about reducing Qatar's influence, not long after the biggest arms deal I'm US history being made with SA, and after years of Qatar funding terrorists that fight the terrorists that SA funds. Qatar being allies with Iran is also worth mentioning. I'd be worried about a military conflict arising from this if our president didn't have numerous investments in Doha. I could see him shutting down Al Udeid, but I don't think he'd cost himself money.
http://m.gulf-times.com/story/552152...Qatar-campaign
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle...ource=facebook

It's also worth noting that these are a few of the positions in the US State Dept that have been intentionally left vacant: Asst Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs, Under Secretary for Political Affairs, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Arabian Peninsula Affairs
The more obvious agenda here is that Qatar is close to Shiite Iran, whereas the other Sunni gulf states are not, and are backed by US arms. Elements in all these states have direct or indirect ties to certain extremist groups, Saudi Arabia obviously being the biggest culprit.

I wonder how much of this is pushed/encouraged by the US as a prelude to more open hostilities with Iran. The Neo-cons were itching for a war with Iran all throughout the 90s. It's so convenient that this open hostility occurs right after a gigantic new arms deal with the US is finalized. I wonder what encouraged them...

The fact that Saudi Arabia of all countries is daring to publicly denounce another state for funding terrorism is just hilarious.

Last edited by miffy23; 06-05-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Old 06-05-2017, 12:52 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Give it time.
That's right, make excuses for the savages that carry these acts out with "B-B-BUT THEY WERE PRESSURED INTO IT!!1" and shit all over anyone that wants an end to this with your "LOL RACISTS" meme nonsense.

Jesus Christ, you're fucking despicable.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:25 PM

Arch-Druid

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ty-team-215227

Apparently Mattis and McMaster expected Trump to reassure the US's commitment to article 5.
They discovered he chose not to during the speech.

Tags
for the many not the few, politics, red and black