Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2016, 01:36 AM

Eternal

Shadowcat is team leader of X-Men Gold, which will also include Storm, Old Man Logan, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Rachel Grey, who now has the codename Prestige.

X-Men Blue will feature the time displaced original X-Men team with Jean Grey as team leader, though Magneto will serve as their Professor X.

This will all start after the Inhumans vs X-Men event in a couple of months. I haven't been following Guardians of the Galaxy but I wonder if Kitty's return to the X-Men means things are over between her and Starlord. I also have no idea what's going on with Flash Thompson now that the symbiote has a new host.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:46 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Why is Logan old, and why (should I ask) are there two X-Men?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:31 AM

Eternal

Anyone in here still in love with Grant Morrison's New X-Men run?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:52 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Because the X-Men are contractually obligated to be the most convoluted and disparate part of an already convoluted and somewhat disconnected universe.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:59 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Main universe Logan died, and this one comes from a universe in which all villains teamed up to kill all the superheroes and he was one of the few survivors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_Logan. The two teams will likely be allied with each other, only having a separate storyline. The blue/gold references back to the early 90s when there were two divisions of the X-Men in which one would be the focus of the new "X-Men" title, and the other team would be focused upon in the "Uncanny X-Men" title.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Angry

My favorite explanatory Old Man Logan panel Apologies for the big image.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:00 PM

Elune

Death of X was.....an editorial slideshow. Nothing felt natural and all of it stank of Ike Perlmutter.

Venom has a new host! Meet Lee Price.

Imagine Shadow the Hedgehog + Coldsteel the Hedgeheg + Sephiroth. That's Lee Price. An edgelord clown. Anime hair, long trenchcoat, kills his companions with no remorse, walks away from explosions, ex-army veteran, controls the symbiote from the very moment it attaches to him. He's got it all. It doesn't look like he will be a host for long but this is Marvel, who knows. The issue was hilarious regardless. I dig the new Venom look though.

In other news I never thought I'd like Power Rangers in this age but Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by Boom! Studios is actually pretty good. I suppose the format works better on page than in live action. It also blends seriousness with the cheesy aspects quite well. The bad guys inflict actual damage on the city but you also have the rangers fight faceless mooks or giant monsters.

One of the most fun comics I've read in a while though is the 1970's Master of Kung Fu. Basically 70s kung fu on paper but with a lot of insane incidents. Almost done with the whole 130 issues.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:17 PM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Imagine Shadow the Hedgehog + Coldsteel the Hedgeheg + Sephiroth. That's Lee Price. An edgelord clown. Anime hair, long trenchcoat, kills his companions with no remorse, walks away from explosions, ex-army veteran, controls the symbiote from the very moment it attaches to him. He's got it all. It doesn't look like he will be a host for long but this is Marvel, who knows. The issue was hilarious regardless. I dig the new Venom look though.
Well, RIP Flash. Your sacrifice has birthed a fanfiction insert.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:10 PM

Elune

Is RessureXtion or whatever it's called just an excuse to bring back the OG Logan?

Because we were told Wolverine wouldn't be coming back before 2016.

Well, 2016 is almost over.

I'm thinking Wolverine is coming back, and he'll see how fucked up the world is, and just kick all the ass.

Because he's Marvel Batman.

But also..

It's a real shame that Lohan is the last Jackman movie.

It would have been fitting for Sony and Marvel to make a deal where his last Wolverine was in an Avengers or a Marvel film with the other heroes, and he gave his life to stop something.

Like, just make it so.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Is RessureXtion or whatever it's called just an excuse to bring back the OG Logan?

Because we were told Wolverine wouldn't be coming back before 2016.

Well, 2016 is almost over.

I'm thinking Wolverine is coming back, and he'll see how fucked up the world is, and just kick all the ass.

Because he's Marvel Batman.

But also..

It's a real shame that Lohan is the last Jackman movie.

It would have been fitting for Sony and Marvel to make a deal where his last Wolverine was in an Avengers or a Marvel film with the other heroes, and he gave his life to stop something.

Like, just make it so.
Fox has the X-Men rights, and by all accounts Fox and Disney absolutely DO NOT get along.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:13 AM

Eternal

Weapon X comic will star Old Man Logan, Sabretooth, Domino, Warpath, and Lady Deathstrike trying to stop another mysterious revival of the Weapon X program.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:03 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
My favorite explanatory Old Man Logan panel Apologies for the big image.
Yeegh, that whole comic was super-edgy.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Eternal

Anyone have hopes for Blue and Gold, and is Jubilee STILL a vampire?
Old 12-09-2016, 03:53 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Unholy

My favorite moment in the original Civil War series -it might have been one of the spin offs- after Captain America surrendered and was being held as a Shield prisoner, (Shield Director) Tony comes to visit him and so Captain America goes into this long, meaningful speech on why he thought their side of the war was just. He's angrily pouring his heart out to Tony and all he gets in response from his former friend is:

Old 12-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
Fox has the X-Men rights, and by all accounts Fox and Disney absolutely DO NOT get along.
Well they should
Old 12-09-2016, 04:12 PM

Elune

Anyone who says they like Tony Stark I'm 100% convinced they never read CW.

Quote:
Well they should
X-men with quips every 5 minutes, no tension, needlessly crowded with references to other movies, RDJ everywhere, but hey at least they have comic accurate costumes! No thanks.

The Logan trailer alone has more emotion into it than the last couple of MCU movies.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Anyone who says they like Tony Stark I'm 100% convinced they never read CW.

X-men with quips every 5 minutes, no tension, needlessly crowded with references to other movies, RDJ everywhere, but hey at least they have comic accurate costumes! No thanks.

The Logan trailer alone has more emotion into it than the last couple of MCU movies.
No, it has more angst..
Old 12-09-2016, 04:22 PM

Elune

Default Damaged

Quote:
No, it has more angst..
DC movies are the angsty ones.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:25 AM

Eternal

Inhumans vs X-Men #1 Review/Summary (Spoilers)

Beast has gathered the representatives of the mutant community together: Magneto, Storm, Emma Frost, Logan, Forge, Young Beast, and Rogue. Beast has been working with the Inhumans on finding a cure for the adverse fatal effects that the terrigen mist cloud has on mutants, while Storm has been rescuing mutants and providing them safe haven in the current X-Men headquarters in the limbo dimension. The Inhumans have also been monitoring the cloud's path and helping to evacuate anyone with the x-gene. Beast says that he has recently discovered that the cloud is dissipating into the atmosphere and within two weeks the entire Earth will be uninhabitable for mutants.

Beast suggests that mutantkind needs to leave Earth and start anew somewhere else. Mostly everyone else disagrees, and thinks mutants should fight for their right to remain on the planet. Beast thinks fighting the Inhumans is a big mistake, it almost happened before with Cyclops when he destroyed the other terrigen cloud. Emma counters that Cyclops died trying to save the mutant race, and without that cloud destroyed, the mists could have dissipated into the atmosphere even sooner. Beast says that though the Inhumans have been working with him on a solution, they are also aware that there may not be any solution and have made battle plans to ensure the cloud's protection. Emma calls him naive, because she's been making battle plans as well.

Magneto says they have a plan to subdue the Inhuman threats while a machine Forge created can destroy the final terrigen cloud. He assures them that there will be no intended casualties.

Storm puts the matter to a vote. Logan says the most sensible thing of the entire dilemma, "Look, if we don't destroy the cloud, we all die. If we do (destroy the cloud), what's the worst that happens? A bunch of people stay the way that they are and don't get super powers. This ain't up for debate anymore, let's get rid of the damn thing." Rogue votes no. Though she doesn't want to leave Earth, she won't attack people who never did them any harm. Forge says he really wants to see if his machine will work, but he's also lived off-planet and it's not that bad, so he's okay either way. Young Beast says that taking out the cloud is the only logical move. The majority has voted to destroy the cloud. Beast is upset and thinks attacking the Inhumans would be even deadlier than the terrigen mists themselves. Storm strikes him down with a lightning bolt before he can leave, revealing that she was involved in the plans as well and that they can't allow Beast to warn the Inhumans.

The most immediate threat is the inhuman Karnak, whose ability to see the flaw in all things could bring the entire operation to an end before it even gets underway. In his tower of wisdom, Karnak has a guest. He had been expecting a mutant, but not the young Jean Grey. He then has a feeling of deja vu, and Jean explains it's because they are having this conversation for the fourth time, and she has been here for over six hours. He says that he will escape this trap. Jean says she knows, but by the time he does, it will have been too late.

Logan mentions the Inhumans teleporting dog, Lockjaw as being an underestimated threat. We see Ms Marvel on the phone while walking Lockjaw. Lockjaw vanishes, but Ms Marvel is not concerned, saying that he does that sometimes. We later see Fantomex in an alleyway with a sleeping Lockjaw that he has drugged, complaining that for everything he is capable of, they assign him to the dog.

In Chechnya, the terrigen cloud approaches, and Gorgon is frantically looking for a mutant that Beast's x-gene detector had located in the region. He finds a weak old man in raggy clothing and tells the mutant that he is there to get him out of the way of the terrigen mists. Crystal teleports the two back to the RIV (Royal Inhuman Vessel). Crystal says to have medical team evaluate him and then take him wherever he wants to go. The man removes his hood and says that he is exactly where he wants to be - past the battleship's external defenses. He says that as for saving his life, he is Magneto, he does not need saving, and she does not save mutants, he does. He tears the ship apart and restrains the occupants with metal debris.

In Black Bolt's nightclub "The Quiet Room", a new singer wows the crowd. Black Bolt is informed that a VIP wishes to meet with him in a private room. It is Emma Frost. She says he shouldn't be worried, their people are in a truce, and besides, The Quiet Room is neutral ground, where heroes and even villains alike can come to relax and leave their grudges behind because everyone knows better than to start a fight under Black Bolt's roof. If anything starts, he ends it. But Emma says that only works as long as nobody ends him. In walks the singer who pulls a weapon on a puzzled Black Bolt. Emma turns into her diamond form and says that their truce has ended. Black Bolt whispers "don't" and a force that should have obliterated the singer leaves her unscathed. Emma smashes Black Bolt in the throat, and the singer reveals herself to be Dazzler, who absorbs sound waves and converts them to weaponized light energy, and turns Black Bolt's power against him, sending him crashing through the building.

The comic concludes with the rest of the X-Men flying in to New Attilan prepared to attack, with Queen Medusa and Johnny Storm readying the defenses.

This is the best comic that has had anything to do with this conflict in my opinion. Though it presents the X-Men as the aggressors, I don't necessarily think it paints them negatively. They are out of options, and their plan is to subdue the Inhumans without casualties, although you bet it won't turn out that way. So far this is looking good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urth View Post
Anyone have hopes for Blue and Gold, and is Jubilee STILL a vampire?
Yep!
Old 12-15-2016, 11:38 AM

Eternal

Vampire Jubilee is among the worst ideas to have stayed the longest.

I'm still stuck in the aftermath of Here Comes Tomorrow when Austen decided to make Xorn a pair of twins and name a Cuckoo Mindee. That's when everything great turned to shit and I bailed on Marvel to write DC fanfixes.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:07 AM

Eternal

Namor is alive again
Bruce Banner/Hulk is dead again
Ben Reilly is alive again, masquerading as Jackal in the Clone Conspiracy arc
Old 01-05-2017, 10:30 AM

World Builder

Yeah when people say Marvel is liberal-biased... I don't think that's the case, I think they're just terrible at writing because the movies soaked up all the talent.

Ex. The guy who made captain America a Hydra agent apparently made a bunch of evil college students.

Who needs actual plot when you can make strawmen?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-05-2017, 10:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Yeah when people say Marvel is liberal-biased... I don't think that's the case, I think they're just terrible at writing because the movies soaked up all the talent.

Ex. The guy who made captain America a Hydra agent apparently made a bunch of evil college students.

Who needs actual plot when you can make strawmen?
Ignoring that Captain America who isn't a nazi was going to the college to protest (yes, protest) a Milo/Ann Coulter mashup, and that the end the apparently now new falcon who's an illegal immigrant(?) was saying how lucky for the Milo/ann mash-up was that someone other than a white man took up the mantle because they'd be dead otherwise.

But besides that, expect lots of SJW backlash form Marvel because man, their sales have fucking tanked.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:52 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

you forgot

Old 01-05-2017, 10:57 AM

Elune

Quote:
But besides that, expect lots of SJW backlash form Marvel because man, their sales have fucking tanked.
It's probably this but more. Spencer is extreme in his beliefs to the point other Marvel writers told him to shut up. If you disagree with him you're wrong case closed, no matter the gender or race. I remember some very patronizing tweets towards some women who called him out after he said DC is selling well because of conservative trolls and if you support diversity you should buy Marvel books. This also relates to that he is salty after being fired from DC. Thinking Marvel genuinely cares about diversity is laughable to begin with since 1. they're a company willing to sell their products and 2. they're led by a Scrooge Mc'Duck caricature of a man who is personal friends with Trump

The current batch of writer at Marvel isn't there because of their diversity track record, they made their own nepotistic circle which drove away many talented writers AND artists from the industry. Ever wondered why the art looks so cheap or deviant-art tier at times? It's because no one wants to work with them. Their strategy of diversity is also questionable. Muslim put to write about a Muslim character. Black writer put on Black Panther. And so on.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 01-05-2017 at 11:06 AM..

Tags
avengers, batman, bleedingcool, comic, comic book, comic books, comic con, comics, comix, dark horse, dc bashing, dc comics, graphic novels, image, justice league, marvel, rebirth, spider-man, summers family tree, superheroes, superman, valiant