Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 01:10 PM

Chimaera

It was never specified whether Firelands or WoTA were going to be 4.1 or 4.2, just that they were to be patched in later post release. An Abyssal Maw Raid or Uldum Raid have always just been speculation with nothing confirmed.

My predictions are

- Firelands
- Abyssal Maw

- WoTA
- Rift of Aln

Though I really hope Blizzard surprises me and decides to convert the existing planned Firelands Raid into a 5 man instance and instead builds the Rags Raid around a 4-6 Boss Sulfuron Keep raid instead. I really like having 5-mans come with Raid Zones like we got with ICC.

Last edited by Nuke1096; 09-06-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Old 09-06-2010, 01:12 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
WotA was supposed to be 4.2 with SFK and Deadmines.
I thought SFK and Deadmines were supposed to be 4.1. This being before they were moved back to being launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Well, don't trust me too much, I don't remember the exact details. Whatever, it's clear everything has changed with Firelands being postponed and old dungeons being released first day.

As for that Rift of Aln instance idea... I don't think so. That's for another expansion .

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-06-2010, 01:37 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Well, don't trust me too much, I don't remember the exact details. Whatever, it's clear everything has changed with Firelands being postponed and old dungeons being released first day.

As for that Rift of Aln instance idea... I don't think so. That's for another expansion .
The Rift of Aln I believe is being suggested because one of the Cataclysm music files is called "Rift of Aln".
Old 09-06-2010, 01:45 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The Rift of Aln I believe is being suggested because one of the Cataclysm music files is called "Rift of Aln".
That is actually exactly the reason for my prediction. Plus I think it could be a very good side raid to the WoTA Raid. My theory is that the WoTA Raid deals with Xavius and then that ties us into the Rift of Aln Raid.

My theory breaks down like this. We know Xavius is destroyed. Then turned into a Satyr by Sargeras. Then destroyed utterly (or so we thought) by Malfurion. We all know he wasnt really destroyed however, and instead came to be the Nightmare Lord.

Well what if we are sent back to aid Malfurion to truly and utterly destroy Xavius in Satyr form during the WoTA, before he becomes the Nightmare Lord, thus altering the timeline. Perhaps that weakens the Rift of Aln (and the Old God behind it) enough to the point that we are able to gain entry to the place and defeat the Old God behind it.

Far fetched maybe?

Last edited by Nuke1096; 09-06-2010 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
That is actually exactly the reason for my prediction. Plus I think it could be a very good side raid to the WoTA Raid. My theory is that the WoTA Raid deals with Xavius and then that ties us into the Rift of Aln Raid.

My theory breaks down like this. We know Xavius is destroyed. Then turned into a Satyr by Sargeras. Then destroyed utterly (or so we thought) by Malfurion. We all know he wasnt really destroyed however, and instead came to be the Nightmare Lord.

Well what if we are sent back to aid Malfurion to truly and utterly destroy Xavius in Satyr form during the WoTA, before he becomes the Nightmare Lord, thus altering the timeline. Perhaps that weakens the Rift of Aln (and the Old God behind it) enough to the point that we are able to gain entry to the place and defeat the Old God behind it.

Far fetched maybe?
Very. The bronze dragonflight's entire purpose is to safeguard the timestream so it doesn't get changed. Sending us to change what happened would be totally again what they stand for. Not to mention the fact that it would pretty heavily change the events of Stormrage.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-06-2010, 03:22 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Not to mention the fact that it would pretty heavily change the events of Stormrage.
Well that would be the intention.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Well that would be the intention.
They wouldn't have an entire book written just to erase the events of it just a little while later.

EDIT: Booyah, I'm Designer!

Quote:
Old 09-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Grats for 1337th post, Designer HalfElfDragon!

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
They wouldn't have an entire book written just to erase the events of it just a little while later.

EDIT: Booyah, I'm Designer!
Grats.

And those events would still exist, just in a "different" timeline

Back to the Future time travel rules ftw.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 PM

Elune

Question

Who is Aln anyway?

Quote:
Grats.

And those events would still exist, just in a "different" timeline

Back to the Future time travel rules ftw.
That is if Warcraft is following something like the Back to the Future time travel rules.

Last edited by Rolandius; 09-06-2010 at 10:07 PM..
Old 09-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
Who is Aln anyway?
Hmm, maybe we should ask Nijel. Or maybe Bor and Nasam.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 PM

Hypersensitive

Who is Aln? ahahaha
Old 09-06-2010, 10:15 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Hmm, maybe we should ask Nijel. Or maybe Bor and Nasam.
With three kvaldir ships, a frozen river, and possibly a zone named after him, "Bor" is too pervasive to just be some random name. I want info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphemialibritannia View Post
Who is Aln? ahahaha
Yeah...

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Yeah...
You never know. Once upon a time the only "Vashj'ir" term in Warcraft was connected to Vashj'ir Honor Guard.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:18 AM

Dryad

Quote:
Very. The bronze dragonflight's entire purpose is to safeguard the timestream so it doesn't get changed. Sending us to change what happened would be totally again what they stand for. Not to mention the fact that it would pretty heavily change the events of Stormrage.
Yet Blizzard haven't stuck to that. We spend pretty much every dungeon/raid in the Caverns of Time (Hyjal aside) being told to kill the evil Infinite Dragonflight that are attempting to change the timeline. We're told how disastrous it would be if they succeeded, and then we have Knaak - ahem - Rhonin prancing about without consequence after changing one of the, if not the biggest parts of the Warcraft lore.

Regardless, the dragonflights only purpose nowadays is to become raid bosses or fap over how amazing and powerful Rhonin or Malfurion is.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iltharius View Post
Yet Blizzard haven't stuck to that. We spend pretty much every dungeon/raid in the Caverns of Time (Hyjal aside) being told to kill the evil Infinite Dragonflight that are attempting to change the timeline. We're told how disastrous it would be if they succeeded, and then we have Knaak - ahem - Rhonin prancing about without consequence after changing one of the, if not the biggest parts of the Warcraft lore.
I believe Rhonin and co. were sent back to fix the timeline, since some interference (seemingly Old God related) caused that massive time-rift in the present that threatened all reality. It was all rather poorly explained. The changes they made may have been relatively minor in comparison to the changes that would have occurred though, and thus have been necessary to the overall preservation of time.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Any news on the remodeled Druid forms (Moonkin, Travel, Tree and Flying for Trolls and Worgen) yet ?

Run

Last edited by Ku'ja; 09-07-2010 at 12:03 PM..
Old 09-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
I believe Rhonin and co. were sent back to fix the timeline, since some interference (seemingly Old God related) caused that massive time-rift in the present that threatened all reality. It was all rather poorly explained.
Consider the source.

Quote:
The changes they made may have been relatively minor in comparison to the changes that would have occurred though, and thus have been necessary to the overall preservation of time.
The only "major" changes....the first - supposedly - regarded this "Hakkar the Houndmaster" guy. According to the original narrative, the Houndmaster was killed during the Legion invasion heralded by the Scourge. In Knick-Knaak's "altered timeline", he was killed by Malfurion during the War of the Ancients.

There is also the matter of the restoration of the blue dragonflight, which would later return to bite us in the ass in Wrath of the Lich King...

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
With three kvaldir ships, a frozen river, and possibly a zone named after him, "Bor" is too pervasive to just be some random name. I want info!
Is the zone you're speaking of Borean Tundra? Because Borean simply means "northern" as in Aurora Borealis being the Northern Lights. They are only called that in the northern hemisphere. The same phenomenon in the south is called Aurora Australis.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:53 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Is the zone you're speaking of Borean Tundra? Because Borean simply means "northern" as in Aurora Borealis being the Northern Lights. They are only called that in the northern hemisphere. The same phenomenon in the south is called Aurora Australis.
He might mean part of Utgarde keep, there's some section of it named bor I think.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:05 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
He might mean part of Utgarde keep, there's some section of it named bor I think.
Bor's Breath isn't it?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 PM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Bor's Breath isn't it?
Not sure, I know a frozen waterfall in stormpeaks is bors fall though.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM

Ranger

titan maybe?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
I know what it means, which is why I said possibly. In Warcraft, north may be named after him.

Quote:
No, you are thinking of Tyr and Tyr's Terrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Bor's Breath isn't it?
Yes. Bor's Breath is a frozen river in Storm Peaks.

Quote:
Not sure, I know a frozen waterfall in stormpeaks is bors fall though.
Bor's Fall is connected to Bor's Breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader of truths View Post
titan maybe?
Maybe.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.