Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-05-2010, 03:47 PM

Chimaera

Default Missing or Not Yet Implemented Creature Concept Art (Lots of Pictures)

I wanted to get a thread up that has a collection of all the Cataclysm concept art that is currently not yet implemented or just plain missing from the game. On top of that, I'd like to open up discussion as to when or if they are likely to appear. I figure we can keep track of things in this thread. Anyway, here's the current list. I'm sure I probably missed a few. Also, by concept art I mean concept art for creature models, not really buildings or terrain.

Shapeless

Volcanoth

Lost Isle Dinosaurs

Sea Hag

Raptoryx

Thorn Sprite

Fire Elemental

Skardyn

White Widow (This might just be a tree and not a monster at all)

Earth Elemental Warrior Caste

Earth Elemental Low Caste

Worgen Mount

Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM

Elune

Well, at least in the screenshots of Grim Batol that MMO-Champion put up, there do seem to be Skardyn in the 5-man there (though at the moment they use the trogg models). I hope to see them get an update.

Had totally forgotten about the Shapeless. Might see them show still in Twilight HIghlands, I'd think, or maybe later, depending on how things progress, story-wise.

Volcanoth on the Lost Isles still uses a giant turtle model so I'd say its safe to say he'll get updated.

As neat as it'd be to see, I don't think we'll get any other updates on the Lost Isles dinosaurs (and that armadillo-like one on the right gives me some serious zerg-vibes, heh).

Would be rather nice to see the various castes of earth elementals, but I won't hold my breath there.

And I'd really like to see what they have planned for the worgen mount. That's still a mystery to me.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Elune

the sea hag looks awesome
Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Isn't that fire elemental already ingame?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 PM

Chimaera

If it is, I haven't seen it. The only new elemental models I remember seeing were those bound elemental models.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Volcanoth is getting a updated model atmo he just has a turtle model i think in the isle of Kezan.

Wasnt there supposed to be Dark Trolls in the game because i was looking forward to seeing them back >.<.

Run
Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 PM

Arch-Druid

It's depressing, seeing so many cool looking ideas, yet so many of them are never implemented. It really shows how much effort Blizzard puts in making these ideas, yet sad they aren't implemented, in favor of some re-used models. I would love to have one of those Lost Isles dinosaurs as pet.

Though I'm glad they didn't add that Shapeless guy, that's just one disgusting looking fellah
Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Slowpokeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Volcanoth is getting a updated model atmo he just has a turtle model i think in the isle of Kezan.

Wasnt there supposed to be Dark Trolls in the game because i was looking forward to seeing them back >.<.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Loremaster

The thing is, the end boss of Cataclysm (presumably) himself remains unattached to any existing place as his final raid encounter. That means the final patch of the expansion could easily involve some totally new area being unveiled (or "redecorated" into some new iteration by Deathwing) to serve specifically as the location of the final showdown with the Destroyer and his most powerful minions.

As it stands, unlike Arthas in his citadel or TBC's bosses brooding in their various fortresses, Deathwing's basically a mobile villain with no indicated home from which he's presiding over the activities of the Twilight's Hammer and his dragonflights. He appears in various outdoor events, but there's no solid sense of "he's hiding in that castle and we'll have to go kill him in there" yet. The equivalent of ICC isn't staring down at us the whole time for Cataclysm; we don't really know for sure where the final battle will occur.

When it comes right down to it, for players to battle him in the end he'll probably have to be tied down to a specific location for it to work (otherwise, it's hard to imagine the endgame boiling down to an outdoor raid boss). Considering Blizzard probably wouldn't end the whole expansion on a single-boss Malygos-style encounter, it'll likely involve at least a 10/25-man, possibly one or more 5-mans to go with it like the Sunwell or ICC had, and perhaps even a whole zone to house it all like Quel'danas did.

Such a place, depending on just where it is, could end up containing things that were shown in concept art and haven't appeared in the game world yet.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-05-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Old 09-05-2010, 05:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
If it is, I haven't seen it. The only new elemental models I remember seeing were those bound elemental models.
There are unbound ones.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:44 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The thing is, the end boss of Cataclysm (presumably) himself remains unattached to any existing place as his final raid encounter. That means the final patch of the expansion could easily involve some totally new area being unveiled (or "redecorated" into some new iteration by Deathwing) to serve specifically as the location of the final showdown with the Destroyer and his most powerful minions.

As it stands, unlike Arthas in his citadel or TBC's bosses brooding in their various fortresses, Deathwing's basically a mobile villain with no indicated home from which he's presiding over the activities of the Twilight's Hammer and his dragonflights. He appears in various outdoor events, but there's no solid sense of "he's hiding in that castle and we'll have to go kill him in there" yet. The equivalent of ICC isn't staring down at us the whole time for Cataclysm; we don't really know for sure where the final battle will occur.

When it comes right down to it, for players to battle him in the end he'll probably have to be tied down to a specific location for it to work (otherwise, it's hard to imagine the endgame boiling down to an outdoor raid boss). Considering Blizzard probably wouldn't end the whole expansion on a single-boss Malygos-style encounter, it'll likely involve at least a 10/25-man, possibly one or more 5-mans to go with it like the Sunwell or ICC had, and perhaps even a whole zone to house it all like Quel'danas did.

Such a place, depending on just where it is, could end up containing things that were shown in concept art and haven't appeared in the game world yet.
Though my first and favorite idea for the Deathwing raid would be a deeper part of Grim Batol (Deep Batol, if you will), another possibility struck me; Kezan, or the Undermine more specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Chimaera

I still think it's going to be underneath the Temple of Earth where he rested before causing the Cataclysm. An expanded Grim Batol is certainly doable too, especially since it looks like Bastion of Twilight isn't really part of Grim Batol at all based on its location in Twilight Highlands.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
I still think it's going to be underneath the Temple of Earth where he rested before causing the Cataclysm. An expanded Grim Batol is certainly doable too, especially since it looks like Bastion of Twilight isn't really part of Grim Batol at all based on its location in Twilight Highlands.
You see where he was resting in the Stonecore and there is his old armor littered all over the place.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
You see where he was resting in the Stonecore and there is his old armor littered all over the place.
Ohhhh..if it's at all possible, could you take a Screenshot of that?

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 PM

Chimaera

Hmm, that may rule out Temple of Earth then if they are using the Storecore as the place he was resting.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:52 PM

Elune

Question

What about the pygmies? Are they implemented yet?
Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
What about the pygmies? Are they implemented yet?

Nope. Not one sign of them.

Not.

One.

Especially NOT in the Lost Isles or Uldum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Arg, I really want to see the Barghest model already!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Arg, I really want to see the Barghest model already!
They are probably still debating what mount a werewolf would even look good riding.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
They are probably still debating what mount a werewolf would even look good riding.
A carrage with two vampires on reigns on the back of a T-rex with rockets works fine for me
Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
A carrage with two vampires on reigns on the back of a T-rex with rockets works fine for me
Isn't that the Horde's new faction mount?
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Nope. Not one sign of them.

Not.

One.

Especially NOT in the Lost Isles or Uldum
Ahhh, come on he was just asking! Sheeeesh!

I don't really love any of these concept arts, the arts kinda cool and all, and looks neat, but the concepts don't capture my IMAGINATION!

Wheeerree's the heart?

Last edited by Aldrius; 09-05-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-05-2010, 10:51 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

Incoming stupid question - if I level my Worgen in the beta to 20, what does he get for a mount?
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

You don't get anything. Your only choice is to rep up with the Wintersaber trainers.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 PM

The Digger

Or you could, you know, just hop over to Darnassus ad buy a cat there.