Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Nuke1096 Nuke1096 is offline

Chimaera
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 264

Default Missing or Not Yet Implemented Creature Concept Art (Lots of Pictures)

I wanted to get a thread up that has a collection of all the Cataclysm concept art that is currently not yet implemented or just plain missing from the game. On top of that, I'd like to open up discussion as to when or if they are likely to appear. I figure we can keep track of things in this thread. Anyway, here's the current list. I'm sure I probably missed a few. Also, by concept art I mean concept art for creature models, not really buildings or terrain.

Shapeless






Volcanoth




Lost Isle Dinosaurs





Sea Hag





Raptoryx





Thorn Sprite





Fire Elemental





Skardyn





White Widow (This might just be a tree and not a monster at all)





Earth Elemental Warrior Caste







Earth Elemental Low Caste





Worgen Mount

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,586

Default

Well, at least in the screenshots of Grim Batol that MMO-Champion put up, there do seem to be Skardyn in the 5-man there (though at the moment they use the trogg models). I hope to see them get an update.

Had totally forgotten about the Shapeless. Might see them show still in Twilight HIghlands, I'd think, or maybe later, depending on how things progress, story-wise.

Volcanoth on the Lost Isles still uses a giant turtle model so I'd say its safe to say he'll get updated.

As neat as it'd be to see, I don't think we'll get any other updates on the Lost Isles dinosaurs (and that armadillo-like one on the right gives me some serious zerg-vibes, heh).

Would be rather nice to see the various castes of earth elementals, but I won't hold my breath there.

And I'd really like to see what they have planned for the worgen mount. That's still a mystery to me.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2010, 03:59 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

the sea hag looks awesome
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Shaman Shaman is offline

Site Staff - Admin
Shaman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Barrens
Posts: 12,448

Default

Isn't that fire elemental already ingame?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Nuke1096 Nuke1096 is offline

Chimaera
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 264

Default

If it is, I haven't seen it. The only new elemental models I remember seeing were those bound elemental models.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Volcanoth is getting a updated model atmo he just has a turtle model i think in the isle of Kezan.

Wasnt there supposed to be Dark Trolls in the game because i was looking forward to seeing them back >.<.
__________________

Run
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Reyson Reyson is offline

Arch-Druid
Reyson's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,174

Default

It's depressing, seeing so many cool looking ideas, yet so many of them are never implemented. It really shows how much effort Blizzard puts in making these ideas, yet sad they aren't implemented, in favor of some re-used models. I would love to have one of those Lost Isles dinosaurs as pet.

Though I'm glad they didn't add that Shapeless guy, that's just one disgusting looking fellah
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Volcanoth is getting a updated model atmo he just has a turtle model i think in the isle of Kezan.

Wasnt there supposed to be Dark Trolls in the game because i was looking forward to seeing them back >.<.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:23 PM
ARM3481 ARM3481 is offline

Loremaster
ARM3481's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9,572

Default

The thing is, the end boss of Cataclysm (presumably) himself remains unattached to any existing place as his final raid encounter. That means the final patch of the expansion could easily involve some totally new area being unveiled (or "redecorated" into some new iteration by Deathwing) to serve specifically as the location of the final showdown with the Destroyer and his most powerful minions.

As it stands, unlike Arthas in his citadel or TBC's bosses brooding in their various fortresses, Deathwing's basically a mobile villain with no indicated home from which he's presiding over the activities of the Twilight's Hammer and his dragonflights. He appears in various outdoor events, but there's no solid sense of "he's hiding in that castle and we'll have to go kill him in there" yet. The equivalent of ICC isn't staring down at us the whole time for Cataclysm; we don't really know for sure where the final battle will occur.

When it comes right down to it, for players to battle him in the end he'll probably have to be tied down to a specific location for it to work (otherwise, it's hard to imagine the endgame boiling down to an outdoor raid boss). Considering Blizzard probably wouldn't end the whole expansion on a single-boss Malygos-style encounter, it'll likely involve at least a 10/25-man, possibly one or more 5-mans to go with it like the Sunwell or ICC had, and perhaps even a whole zone to house it all like Quel'danas did.

Such a place, depending on just where it is, could end up containing things that were shown in concept art and haven't appeared in the game world yet.

Last edited by ARM3481; 09-05-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
If it is, I haven't seen it. The only new elemental models I remember seeing were those bound elemental models.
There are unbound ones.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-05-2010, 05:44 PM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,545
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The thing is, the end boss of Cataclysm (presumably) himself remains unattached to any existing place as his final raid encounter. That means the final patch of the expansion could easily involve some totally new area being unveiled (or "redecorated" into some new iteration by Deathwing) to serve specifically as the location of the final showdown with the Destroyer and his most powerful minions.

As it stands, unlike Arthas in his citadel or TBC's bosses brooding in their various fortresses, Deathwing's basically a mobile villain with no indicated home from which he's presiding over the activities of the Twilight's Hammer and his dragonflights. He appears in various outdoor events, but there's no solid sense of "he's hiding in that castle and we'll have to go kill him in there" yet. The equivalent of ICC isn't staring down at us the whole time for Cataclysm; we don't really know for sure where the final battle will occur.

When it comes right down to it, for players to battle him in the end he'll probably have to be tied down to a specific location for it to work (otherwise, it's hard to imagine the endgame boiling down to an outdoor raid boss). Considering Blizzard probably wouldn't end the whole expansion on a single-boss Malygos-style encounter, it'll likely involve at least a 10/25-man, possibly one or more 5-mans to go with it like the Sunwell or ICC had, and perhaps even a whole zone to house it all like Quel'danas did.

Such a place, depending on just where it is, could end up containing things that were shown in concept art and haven't appeared in the game world yet.
Though my first and favorite idea for the Deathwing raid would be a deeper part of Grim Batol (Deep Batol, if you will), another possibility struck me; Kezan, or the Undermine more specifically.
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Nuke1096 Nuke1096 is offline

Chimaera
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 264

Default

I still think it's going to be underneath the Temple of Earth where he rested before causing the Cataclysm. An expanded Grim Batol is certainly doable too, especially since it looks like Bastion of Twilight isn't really part of Grim Batol at all based on its location in Twilight Highlands.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
I still think it's going to be underneath the Temple of Earth where he rested before causing the Cataclysm. An expanded Grim Batol is certainly doable too, especially since it looks like Bastion of Twilight isn't really part of Grim Batol at all based on its location in Twilight Highlands.
You see where he was resting in the Stonecore and there is his old armor littered all over the place.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-05-2010, 07:40 PM
DreamingGod DreamingGod is offline

Keeper of the Grove
DreamingGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 615

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
You see where he was resting in the Stonecore and there is his old armor littered all over the place.
Ohhhh..if it's at all possible, could you take a Screenshot of that?
__________________
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits Dreaming"

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Nuke1096 Nuke1096 is offline

Chimaera
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 264

Default

Hmm, that may rule out Temple of Earth then if they are using the Storecore as the place he was resting.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Question

What about the pygmies? Are they implemented yet?
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
What about the pygmies? Are they implemented yet?

Nope. Not one sign of them.

Not.

One.

Especially NOT in the Lost Isles or Uldum
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Arg, I really want to see the Barghest model already!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Arg, I really want to see the Barghest model already!
They are probably still debating what mount a werewolf would even look good riding.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
They are probably still debating what mount a werewolf would even look good riding.
A carrage with two vampires on reigns on the back of a T-rex with rockets works fine for me
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
A carrage with two vampires on reigns on the back of a T-rex with rockets works fine for me
Isn't that the Horde's new faction mount?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,026

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Nope. Not one sign of them.

Not.

One.

Especially NOT in the Lost Isles or Uldum
Ahhh, come on he was just asking! Sheeeesh!

I don't really love any of these concept arts, the arts kinda cool and all, and looks neat, but the concepts don't capture my IMAGINATION!

Wheeerree's the heart?
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."

Last edited by Aldrius; 09-05-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Bolvar Bolvar is offline

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!
Bolvar's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Get off my lawn!
Posts: 19,908

Default

Incoming stupid question - if I level my Worgen in the beta to 20, what does he get for a mount?
__________________
You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Elune
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 5,682
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default

You don't get anything. Your only choice is to rep up with the Wintersaber trainers.
__________________
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Volkrin Volkrin is offline

The Digger
Volkrin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 9,019

Default

Or you could, you know, just hop over to Darnassus ad buy a cat there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.