Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
Johan Liebert makes all these people look like pansies. Though that description of him in the original post makes him sound stupid.
I will admit, I got that from another fan of Johan. So blame him. Still it is hard to describe Johan's characterization properly given all the twists and turns in that series.

Also another thing but it pisses me off that people try to defend Walter White from Breaking Bad. He's a great villain protagionist but he's less of sympathetic and more of how a character can have sympathetic backstory but end up utterly depraved. This is the good thing about me saying "list anyone shown to be irredeemable that you believe is CM" so we can just sidestep TvTropes standards and consider people like Light, Walt and Ghetsis to be this(or in the case of the former two...have become this). Come on! Even GRRM says Walter White is worse than anyone he's created.

BTW Omacron, what do you think of Radiguet? I will say that Long is just as evil but he's too much of Joker and Kefka clone for me to list here, he's enjoyable to watch but not really original, which thus made Long's victims on the villain side, Rio and Mele(read: the sympathetic villains), more intresting to say the least. Yes Long's goals were original in contrast to Radiguet take over the world--just cause suffering cuz I HAVE DA POWAH, but yeah in the greater scheme of things, a lot of villains have done the same thing and Radiguet has is more unique.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 07-07-2014 at 08:38 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 08:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Was it really true? I still think it's a bit too crazy even for a monster like her.

Quote:
Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed (Báthory Erzsébet in Hungarian; 8 August 1560 – 21 August 1614) was a countess from the renowned Báthory family of nobility in the Kingdom of Hungary. She has been labelled the most prolific female serial killer in history, though the precise number of her victims is debated. Báthory and four collaborators were accused of torturing and killing hundreds of girls between 1585 and 1610.[1] Despite the evidence against Elizabeth, her family's influence kept her from facing trial. She was imprisoned in December 1610 within Csejte Castle, Upper Hungary, now in Slovakia, where she remained immured in a set of rooms until her death four years later.

The stories of her serial murders and brutality are verified by the testimony of more than 300 witnesses and survivors as well as physical evidence and the presence of horribly mutilated dead, dying and imprisoned girls found at the time of her arrest.[2] Stories which ascribe to her vampire-like tendencies (most famously the tale that she bathed in the blood of virgins to retain her youth) were generally recorded years after her death and are considered unreliable. Her story quickly became part of national folklore, and her infamy persists to this day. [3] She is often compared with Vlad III the Impaler of Wallachia, on whom the fictional Count Dracula is partly based, and has been nicknamed The Blood Countess and Countess Dracula.
As real as vlad the impaler
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 AM

Banished

I mean the bloodbath thing.

Yeah, Kathy Bates rocks in Misery.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 07-07-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I mean the bloodbath thing.
well you dunno, she might not have bathed in their blood, but perhaps rub it on her skin thinking it granted her youth, how else to explain killing so many young women. psychopaths always have a motivation, wasn't much else to explain why she did what she did.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

That reminds me, I know someone that bathes in champagne instead of water.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:58 AM

Banished

Actrise. She's the only Castlevania villain in the page and with good reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
That reminds me, I know someone that bathes in champagne instead of water.
i did not grant you permision to say that
Old 07-07-2014, 09:24 AM

Elune

Skull Face from MGS GZ/TPP. A nihilistic cruel and sadistic man left permanently scarred when his village got bombed during his childhood. He interrogates one of his former agents by having her whipped and raped by his soldiers, and forcing a child soldier (who tried to rescue her) to rape her too. Bombs the base of Big Boss, killing countless of his mercenaries, which sends Big Boss on the path to ''the dark side''.

Tags
characters, villainy