Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2014, 05:02 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
See, I don't think the Death of the Family Joker really beat out the DCAU joker as far as psychopath goes.

I remember one episode where he had rigged Batman up to an electric chair that was controlled by laughter. He then kidnapped a bunch of people, locked them in a room while pumping it full of laughing gas, ahd Quinn start reading a phone book, and basically let them watch as they killed Batman before they themselves died.

That's some cold shit, and while it was severely limited by the fact that it was a kids cartoon, it's still more chilling than ANYTHING Nolan could bring to the table.
All of this.

Nolan's Joker was far too.....intelligent? I guess is the word I'm looking for. The scale of the plans, the execution of them, it was all just......so silly, and not in a good way - he was clearly trying to be grimdark and not silly.

Don't get me wrong, Ledger's performance was fantastic, and there were times he nailed the essence of the character, but overall, it was an attempt at the Joker in a Nolanverse, which is, as we know, super gritty/edgy becausse that's how he rolls.

It lost something from what made the Psychopathic Comic Joker so good.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:30 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I did like how the Empire in SWTOR is treated as being potentially pretty efficient and competant if there weren't the there Sith having power fantasies and breaking everything in a tantrum.
I loved playing through the Empire story with friends as a party of all different classes. There was the "shoot lightning at everything" Inquisitor, the berserker Warrior who would be screaming "Blood for the Blood God" if it were Warhammer, me as the suave mustachioed gunslinging bounty hunter going by the alias "Comedian" (which, if you are familiar with Watchmen, says a lot about how I played him), and the haggard put-upon Agent trying (and failing) to salvage something usable out of the trail of bodies left by his three psychopathic compatriots.

Balmorra was particularly hilarious, as the Agent was desperately trying to secure the Empire's position on the planet, while the other three almost seemed like they were intentionally sabotaging it.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:28 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
I loved playing through the Empire story with friends as a party of all different classes. There was the "shoot lightning at everything" Inquisitor, the berserker Warrior who would be screaming "Blood for the Blood God" if it were Warhammer, me as the suave mustachioed gunslinging bounty hunter going by the alias "Comedian" (which, if you are familiar with Watchmen, says a lot about how I played him), and the haggard put-upon Agent trying (and failing) to salvage something usable out of the trail of bodies left by his three psychopathic compatriots.

Balmorra was particularly hilarious, as the Agent was desperately trying to secure the Empire's position on the planet, while the other three almost seemed like they were intentionally sabotaging it.
Well it depend on the character's choice. The Inquisitor was mostly about powerplay, but the Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter story could do a lot to help the Empire.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:51 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Well it depend on the character's choice. The Inquisitor was mostly about powerplay, but the Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter story could do a lot to help the Empire.
Yeah, but considering that our Warrior was about as subtle as a Khornite Bloodthirster and I was roleplaying as The Comedian transplanted into the Star Wars galaxy, you can probably guess how often that happened.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Superman for being the perfect moral boyscout and being completely invincible. Even Kryptonite, despite being his "weakness", is mainly just a slight inconvenience for him.

Batman for being some sort of super genius who can get out of any situation, no matter how unlikely. All it would take to defeat him is a super strong villain. They could just out manuever him with super speed and than grab and crush him like a bug. No elaborate plans needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:35 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Yeah, but considering that our Warrior was about as subtle as a Khornite Bloodthirster and I was roleplaying as The Comedian transplanted into the Star Wars galaxy, you can probably guess how often that happened.
My characters
IA: Neutral, helping the Empire with as less non Republic blood as possible
SI: Dark and sadistic, but don't kill if not necessary.
SW: Treat friends well and show all the enemies no mercay.
BH: Mostly honorable, only gets dirty against the Republic characters

Tags
characters, literature