Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 01-16-2021, 10:45 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

What? No one here write a hero backed in a corner by an angry mob moment into their material? I thought that was standard stuff?

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:50 PM

Elune

Eh I think you guys have completely lost the script. You are just as far gone as the ones you mock just in the opposite direction. But ofc you don't see it, they don't either, and you don't care to talk or understand each other. It's not gonna end well.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:44 AM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Eh I think you guys have completely lost the script. You are just as far gone as the ones you mock just in the opposite direction. But ofc you don't see it, they don't either, and you don't care to talk or understand each other. It's not gonna end well.
QAnon thinks that lizard people, baby cannibals, and pedophiles are running the government and that Donald Trump (who associated with Jeffrey Epstein/has gone on tape talking about ogling underage girls, who's a known racist [see how he managed his properties], and who has been told he's legally not allowed to run a charity because he's used them to fraudulently enrich himself) is the savior of all mankind. The Proud Boys are openly racist, the Oath Keepers openly insurrectionist, and Kekistan is about as close to Nazis as you can get without a Hitler mustache.

I don't think moderates/Dems lost the script, I think news didn't report just how batshit the crazies are.

And the only reason I ever talk about "mass, non-lethal self defense against a mob" is because people keep talking about guns as if there's no other alternative besides being raped and murdered by a mob. The first stage should be deprogramming and discussion, but if folks go to the nth stage in their beliefs (imminent violence), there are alternatives to lethal weapons.

Last edited by Cantus; 01-24-2021 at 08:50 AM..
Old 01-24-2021, 10:34 PM

World Builder

Quote:
What exactly do we believe that you think is so off-script?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-26-2021, 03:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Yeah, there are crazies on all sides. Some want to build an ethnostate and do genocide. Others want you to have high quality health care and a planet in the future.

-Signed, an enlightened Centrist.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:18 AM

Elune

Really white supremacist, what was white supremacist about those people? Were there a few confed flags? I bet even people carrying them don't really care about white supremacy anymore, just rebellion and southern pride aesthetic. Were they white supremacy types there? Sure a couple, but there were probably a few communists as well. It doesn't define the character of the crowd. White power rally my ass.

And acting like those fools were some great threat come on. They were basically goofing around. They did none of the things people actually doing a coup do. They did not seize all government buildings and aggressively and mercilessly moved on people in power. Shooting anyone who stands in the way. They were sightseeing pretty much, it's a joke. Pretending this was some terrible, scary event is beyond ridiculous and wins you no points. It was just a bunch of idiotic vandals who will be dealt with accordingly.

Finally the US left has plenty of crazy you just conveniently choose to ignore it while focusing and imaging the rightwing crazy is the norm. Open borders, reign of terror masturbation fantasies, eat the rich, racial animosity, anarchy, childish understanding of economics and politics that would see America reduced to smoking rubble in months if implemented.
But you know I recognize those people are not the majority and hence I don't imply that about you guys. You have to put things into perspective and keep to the facts or you will plain be making bad moves.

That is the issue with America right now, you guys are incapable of putting things into perspective and sticking to the truth, you don't like each other, trust each other and you don't talk. As I've said it cannot end well. But hey it's your country you can burn it down if you like. Better than attacking other countries at least.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:39 AM

Elune

Quote:
Really white supremacist, what was white supremacist about those people? Were there a few confed flags? I bet even people carrying them don't really care about white supremacy anymore, just rebellion and southern pride aesthetic. Were they white supremacy types there? Sure a couple, but there were probably a few communists as well. It doesn't define the character of the crowd. White power rally my ass.

And acting like those fools were some great threat come on. They were basically goofing around. They did none of the things people actually doing a coup do. They did not seize all government buildings and aggressively and mercilessly moved on people in power. Shooting anyone who stands in the way. They were sightseeing pretty much, it's a joke. Pretending this was some terrible, scary event is beyond ridiculous and wins you no points. It was just a bunch of idiotic vandals who will be dealt with accordingly.

Finally the US left has plenty of crazy you just conveniently choose to ignore it while focusing and imaging the rightwing crazy is the norm. Open borders, reign of terror masturbation fantasies, eat the rich, racial animosity, anarchy, childish understanding of economics and politics that would see America reduced to smoking rubble in months if implemented.
But you know I recognize those people are not the majority and hence I don't imply that about you guys. You have to put things into perspective and keep to the facts or you will plain be making bad moves.

That is the issue with America right now, you guys are incapable of putting things into perspective and sticking to the truth, you don't like each other, trust each other and you don't talk. As I've said it cannot end well. But hey it's your country you can burn it down if you like. Better than attacking other countries at least.
Lol the brain worms have bored deeply. The "lebothsides" meme was stale 10 years ago.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:20 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:

Where are you getting your news? The more I hear from MSM, government, and academic sources, the more it appears that a huge proportion of the participants were associated with far right extremists, white supremacists, and conspiracy nuts. The Oath Keepers went so far as to do reconnaissance and planned to act as a death squad. Others planned to take hostages. The Pentagon (under Trump) blocked reinforcements.

The reason it failed isn't because the intent wasn't there, it's because the individuals chosen were largely idiotic and couldn't be guided enough to mob the secret service. Had they done so, the day would have gone far differently. That doesn't make the insurrection a good thing, because all it's done is show insurrectionists that an average group of people could accomplish the same thing more successfully.

Further, we've NEVER had a successful insurrection occur against congress in the last two hundred years. Historically, this is one of three biggest events of the century.

Edit: Also, this...
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dhs-...ry?id=75517886

Last edited by Cantus; 01-27-2021 at 11:19 PM..
Old 01-28-2021, 01:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Lol the brain worms have bored deeply. The "lebothsides" meme was stale 10 years ago.
/shrug

I don't care much.

Have fun trading bullets with rednecks in Nebraska in a few years.

PS. This thread and the other political one should be moved to HoL. I know this place is a graveyard but such are usually extended reverence.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
/shrug

I don't care much.

Have fun trading bullets with rednecks in Nebraska in a few years.

PS. This thread and the other political one should be moved to HoL. I know this place is a graveyard but such are usually extended reverence.
Okay, detached irony bro. That's why you came to post about it, because you care so little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantus View Post
Where are you getting your news?
Lol, he doesn't. Between all the weasel words, idle speculation, and whataboutism, there was actually pretty much zero substance in that 'analysis'. Certainly no evidence for any of the random ass insinuations there.

"I bet", "Sure a couple, but..", "..there were probably..", "They were basically.."

-signed: someone who is definitely, totally capable of putting things in perspective.

Lmao, fucking embarrassing. Yet you still have the temerity to lecture others about perspective, then fall back to bulwark of "hey I dont even really care lol". Introduce yourself to anything connected to reality or history and try again.

Last edited by Saranus; 01-28-2021 at 10:53 AM..
Old 01-29-2021, 01:18 PM

Elune

Nice b8, m8. And your tough guy act is so cringe. Even if you were Arnold it would be and I bet you are some noodle armed nerd afraid of human interaction LARPing as a revolutionary. Good luck in the civil war.

Because that is what such blind pigheaded behavior will bring you. I mean what do you guys even hope will happen? That you will change their minds with such extreme rhetoric, reeducate them, overvote them forever, kill them? And do you think they will just sit around for that? Either you find common ground as a nation or you are fucked one way or the other. But I am not American, I am only saddened by possible loss of life and the shredding of the international economy it will bring, it is your country that will burn and your people that will bleed. So yeah I can afford to play it cool, can you? This is my attempt to help all of you believe it or not.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:39 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Quote:
Nice b8, m8. And your tough guy act is so cringe. Even if you were Arnold it would be and I bet you are some noodle armed nerd afraid of human interaction LARPing as a revolutionary. Good luck in the civil war.

Because that is what such blind pigheaded behavior will bring you. I mean what do you guys even hope will happen? That you will change their minds with such extreme rhetoric, reeducate them, overvote them forever, kill them? And do you think they will just sit around for that? Either you find common ground as a nation or you are fucked one way or the other. But I am not American, I am only saddened by possible loss of life and the shredding of the international economy it will bring, it is your country that will burn and your people that will bleed. So yeah I can afford to play it cool, can you? This is my attempt to help all of you believe it or not.
Mitch McConnell (functional leader of the GOP) said "you can't prosecute a sitting president" during Trump's time in office, followed by "we need to get past that era," after he left office.

Marjorie Taylor Greene (QAnon congresswoman) has indicated support for murdering her colleagues.

Sen. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley both supported the insurrectionists.

Lauren Boebert (Trumpian congresswoman) literally tweeted out national security information during the insurrection (re. Rep. Nancy Pelosi's location).

The insurrectionists wanted to murder Mike Pence for doing his job (by law). They set up a gallows while chanting "hang Mike Pence."

I don't think "let's jail people who have committed acts of insurrection against duly elected representatives" is a controversial statement, nor "deplatform insurrectionist websites and media." That's the basic, basics in how you stop the rise of a second Nazi party (and we know, for a fact, the insurrectionists were heavily influenced by Nazism).

Whatever media you're consuming, you need to toss it in the trash. You've missed a lot of information over the years, and it's blinded you to just how insane social media and misinfo/disinfo has let our country become. I warned about it for years here, no one believed me (e.g. Hammerbrew, Ganishka). Now that we've seen the result of it, the last thing we should do is pretend that there aren't individuals so extremist as to be terrorists in our [proverbial] midst.

Old 01-29-2021, 05:54 PM

Elune

Quote:

Lmao. "I could beat you up IRL". Funny shit.

Still no evidence for any of the bullshit you say. Until then, I think it's safe to regard your posts along the lines of some kind of machine learning program that spits out tangentially related online philosophy bro jargon.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:26 PM

Ethermancer - Admin

Here an academic source you might like C9:
https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status...804830211?s=20

Old 02-01-2021, 09:25 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Really white supremacist, what was white supremacist about those people? Were there a few confed flags?

I bet even people carrying them don't really care about white supremacy anymore, just rebellion and southern pride aesthetic.

Were they white supremacy types there? Sure a couple, but there were probably a few communists as well. It doesn't define the character of the crowd. White power rally my ass.

1. Yes there were, this is so painfully obvious given the presence and number of oathkeeper and other such groups that it's disingenuous for you to question it, it shows you never actually gave a damn about looking into the issue.

2. It is a myth that this is ever what it was associated with, people who believe that are lying, as evidenced by the uptick in 'southern pride' during the civil rights era.

3. This is false equivalence that is so laughable it has made it clear it was a mistake to ever try and engage with you like a reasonable human being.

There were people in 'camp auschwitz' T-shirts. Fuck you.

Quote:

Fucking just... bother to read what happened you fucking ass. They went there planning to take folks hostage with zip-tie cuffs and planned to murder people, they were told where people were hiding, the panic buttons were ripped out of democrat offices ahead of time, there were fucking BOMBS found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_s...States_Capitol

My Worldbuilding:

Last edited by Mutterscrawl; 02-01-2021 at 09:46 AM..
Old 02-03-2021, 01:52 AM

Problemsolver

The issue with the US is that it doesn't really matter what team you root for, neither of them has any power (or will to use their power) to move against their big corporation promoters and investors. Both sides claim to look out for the average American, but it's ultimately just window dressing and grandstanding. It's no wonder people are pushed to political extremes when the political culture is more about appeasing investors and making short-term profit than serving the people and nation as a whole.

When every single mall parking lot along the highway has homeless/out-of-work folks offering to clean your car windows (or suck your dick) for money, and every single major city has big homeless communities that quite literally litter the streets, you know you live in a shithole third world country. And it doesn't matter which of your two parties has held the reins, the problem hasn't gotten any better. What's the point in being one of the world's most powerful and wealthy countries when you end up rotting from the inside out?
Old 02-03-2021, 07:09 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
The issue with the US is that it doesn't really matter what team you root for, neither of them has any power (or will to use their power) to move against their big corporation promoters and investors. Both sides claim to look out for the average American, but it's ultimately just window dressing and grandstanding. It's no wonder people are pushed to political extremes when the political culture is more about appeasing investors and making short-term profit than serving the people and nation as a whole.

When every single mall parking lot along the highway has homeless/out-of-work folks offering to clean your car windows (or suck your dick) for money, and every single major city has big homeless communities that quite literally litter the streets, you know you live in a shithole third world country. And it doesn't matter which of your two parties has held the reins, the problem hasn't gotten any better. What's the point in being one of the world's most powerful and wealthy countries when you end up rotting from the inside out?
"Both sides" is garbage

Establishment Dems are bad but they are not the same as Repubs and new progressives like Ilhan Omar, AoC, and others are actually pushing for meaningful change

The apathy and the mental dissonance required to view "bad things are the same as worse things" between Dems and Repubs are what the corporate powers are counting on

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-04-2021, 07:20 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
"Both sides" is garbage

Establishment Dems are bad but they are not the same as Repubs and new progressives like Ilhan Omar, AoC, and others are actually pushing for meaningful change

The apathy and the mental dissonance required to view "bad things are the same as worse things" between Dems and Repubs are what the corporate powers are counting on
No, if the past twenty years switching between Republican and Democratic governments has anything to say about it, "both sides are fucking garbage" is quite accurate. Both parties are corrupt and full of career politicians.

And you try to cram too many political viewpoints under the same two parties, pigeon holing politicians and their opinions, that it all becomes diluted, vague, and pointless in the end. Having only two superblocs to choose from is shit. You just end up getting politicians backing people with whom they don't agree, only because they got beat out as that party's candidate, causing the voters to regard them as two-faced and fake. Because it is two-faced and fake.

The Republican Party and the Democrat Party should both explode and split up into smaller, more manageable and cohesive parties. We've got between seven and eight parties that are commonly in the run and can feasibly form governments over here, and I think even that is slim pickings.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:48 PM

World Builder

Quote:
No, if the past twenty years switching between Republican and Democratic governments has anything to say about it, "both sides are fucking garbage" is quite accurate. Both parties are corrupt and full of career politicians.

And you try to cram too many political viewpoints under the same two parties, pigeon holing politicians and their opinions, that it all becomes diluted, vague, and pointless in the end. Having only two superblocs to choose from is shit. You just end up getting politicians backing people with whom they don't agree, only because they got beat out as that party's candidate, causing the voters to regard them as two-faced and fake. Because it is two-faced and fake.

The Republican Party and the Democrat Party should both explode and split up into smaller, more manageable and cohesive parties. We've got between seven and eight parties that are commonly in the run and can feasibly form governments over here, and I think even that is slim pickings.
You are entirely missing the point.

The democratic party is garbage, it's the equivalent of someone kicking you in the teeth, walking over you, then looking back and saying they're sorry.

That doesn't change the fact that they are markedly better than the Republicans currently who are ACTIVELY COURTING FASCIST TAKEOVER OF THE COUNTRY.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 02-07-2021, 04:55 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
You are entirely missing the point.

The democratic party is garbage, it's the equivalent of someone kicking you in the teeth, walking over you, then looking back and saying they're sorry.

That doesn't change the fact that they are markedly better than the Republicans currently who are ACTIVELY COURTING FASCIST TAKEOVER OF THE COUNTRY.
I'm not going to go into some moral debate over which party is the least bad or has the least dumbfuck politicians in it. But I'll ask why people even vote for any of the two main parties if they're so fucking awful? You're collectively and continuously shooting yourselves in the foot by not breaking the status quo.

If I had to choose between bad and worse, I would go with neither. I'd find a third party candidate that actually stood for things I agreed with. Because voting tactically rather than voting for a party/candidate you actually support is the death of democracy.

I really hope Trump starts his own party, and that it gains some actual traction, if only for the sake of ending the Dem's and Rep's monopoly on governance and opening the door for more parties to be established.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
I'm not going to go into some moral debate over which party is the least bad or has the least dumbfuck politicians in it. But I'll ask why people even vote for any of the two main parties if they're so fucking awful? You're collectively and continuously shooting yourselves in the foot by not breaking the status quo.

If I had to choose between bad and worse, I would go with neither. I'd find a third party candidate that actually stood for things I agreed with. Because voting tactically rather than voting for a party/candidate you actually support is the death of democracy.

I really hope Trump starts his own party, and that it gains some actual traction, if only for the sake of ending the Dem's and Rep's monopoly on governance and opening the door for more parties to be established.
You really have to be out of touch to not recognize that fake-woke neoliberalism, while all kinds of odious in it's own way, is far preferable to galloping fascism. I know which of the two I'd rather have as my opponent going forward: the one that wants me dead less. Pull your head out of your ass and become radical again Ani. The detached, irony-bro attitude is so played out. Saying the two party system sucks is so obvious at this point, you might as well say "Why aren't you more mad the sky is blue?" Trust me, Americans understand better than you how fucked it is. We fucking have to live here. Checking out isn't an option. Must be nice making such painfully obvious, galaxy-brain observations from a distance.

PS. A Trump party would effectively give Democrats permanent majoritarian rule by dividing the conservative base, so perhaps not the outcome you would hope for.

Last edited by Saranus; 02-08-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Old 02-08-2021, 10:21 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
PS. A Trump party would effectively give Democrats permanent majoritarian rule by dividing the conservative base, so perhaps not the outcome you would hope for.
For what it's worth I'd prefer that over a divided Democrat Party and a permanent Republican majority.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:39 AM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

So weird it wasn't called an insurrection when feminists crashed the Kavanaugh hearings...
Old 02-10-2021, 10:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
So weird it wasn't called an insurrection when feminists crashed the Kavanaugh hearings...
Nah, an insurrection would be something, like, spending months burning thousands of stores because some innocent criminal died at the hands of a racist policeman; oh wait, forget that.

You know how these lunatics work, let them choose between a friendly psychopath (Obama destroying the Middle East) and an angry pacifist (Trump's anti-war stance), and they will clap for the psychopath; and you better clap too, you fucking fascist scum.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 02-10-2021, 08:41 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Refresh my memory Did they bring zip ties, pipe bombs, and kill several people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Nah, an insurrection would be something, like, spending months burning thousands of stores because some innocent criminal died at the hands of a racist policeman; oh wait, forget that.

You know how these lunatics work, let them choose between a friendly psychopath (Obama destroying the Middle East) and an angry pacifist (Trump's anti-war stance), and they will clap for the psychopath; and you better clap too, you fucking fascist scum.
I think you're making an incredibly reductive and bad faith comparison.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ot/6578562002/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN23A1KU

My Worldbuilding: