(thanks to PJ)
to PJ)
PJ
Old 08-24-2014, 01:24 PM

Eternal

^I lol'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
Why? No one cares about him and think he is just poor palpatine expy.

And Ginny is underrated because just look at the HHR shippers all over the fandom!
A while ago when I read star wars forums everyone and their cousins thought Vitiate was some sort of force god that could crush any other force user easily. Not that many that I've seen seemed to care that he was sort of a palpatine ripoff.
Granted with Ginny, I suppose. But I still see lots of people who keep saying that she's so cool and that she should have been more active earlier in the series and that she's so powerful and that Harry should have seen her inherent greatness before the sixth book and that she's so witty and that they'd like her as a protagonist a lot more than Ron and LALALALALALALALALA. Which I never understood, I mean if you dislike Ron, fine(I could sort of see why even if I like him a lot), but Ginny's even more annoying, imo.

Last edited by Royalpimp; 08-24-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-24-2014, 01:41 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I am going to feed you to Noitora.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 08-24-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Old 08-24-2014, 01:52 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
I am going to feed you to Noitora.
First you must awake his titan shifting abilities. The result may be... unpredictable.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:57 PM

Elune

Kawaii desu.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:59 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Kawaii desu.
Just... no.

I watch a lot of anime but I consider much of the art styles to be stupid. Trying to imagine some of the faces as real faces can really fuck your mind with images of horror.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Just... no.

I watch a lot of anime but I consider much of the art styles to be stupid. Trying to imagine some of the faces as real faces can really fuck your mind with images of horror.
That was my white attempt at being Japanese.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:11 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
A while ago when I read star wars forums everyone and their cousins thought Vitiate was some sort of force god that could crush any other force user easily. Not that many that I've seen seemed to care that he was sort of a palpatine ripoff.
To be fair, SWTOR as a whole suffers from that. They basically copy large parts of the OT/PT movies and stuff it into the Old Republic setting regardless of weather it fits or not, it's very hit-and-miss tbh. The Empire just feels borderline retarded when it's clearly just the Galactic Empire with Sith everywhere.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:15 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
To be fair, SWTOR as a whole suffers from that. They basically copy large parts of the OT/PT movies and stuff it into the Old Republic setting regardless of weather it fits or not, it's very hit-and-miss tbh. The Empire just feels borderline retarded when it's clearly just the Galactic Empire with Sith everywhere.
I don't mind, I love stepping on sith corpses.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:18 PM

Banished

Saying that, Vitiate is actually more powerful than Palpatine/Sidious given what we're shown in SWTOR and it's novels. That was before the great Canon reboot however so it's a moot point now.

"You are mine. Servants. Slaves. Weapons. And you will obey…"

I liked him, personally, he was one of TOR's better characters behind Based Darth Marr and Darth Malgus.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:35 PM

Elune

He was voiced by Doug Bradley/Pinhead. Awesomeness by default.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:52 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Kawaii desu.
This is somehow about 6 times funnier coming from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:56 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Saying that, Vitiate is actually more powerful than Palpatine/Sidious given what we're shown in SWTOR and it's novels. That was before the great Canon reboot however so it's a moot point now.

"You are mine. Servants. Slaves. Weapons. And you will obey…"

I liked him, personally, he was one of TOR's better characters behind Based Darth Marr and Darth Malgus.
Actually, given the canon of the time(which included comics), Sidious had more impressive feats.

This guy puts it pretty well:
\

And yeah, he was pretty cool. But he was overrated by some people too much. He's like the Revan of Sith.

Last edited by Royalpimp; 08-24-2014 at 02:58 PM..
Old 08-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

I would say that Moon Knight and Swamp Thing are very underrated along with the Marvel Cosmic space in general (one thing GotG's success has improved in a big way).

Run
Old 08-24-2014, 03:20 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
But Separately, Tech is... ironically the quadratic wizard to the magic's "Linear warrior".
See, this is something I always disagree with.

Magic either breaks the rules of reality (beating tech by default) or does the same thing with ridiculous ease.

Take the HP universe for example, and consider Mind Control, with the Imperio curse it is total dominion (for a time) and more than that the person cursed will act in the best interests of the one who cursed them as well as follow outright commands, it is intuitive MC. To have a tech equivalent of that you'd need nanobots to take over someone's mind and also be intelligent and flexible (which is a risky trait on a servant machine) to match the quality of Imperio MC.

In fact the easiest way to take over the muggle world would be to send in a few magically stealthed wizards to MC world leaders (and the Illuminati if they exist ). That was in fact what Voldemort would have done, that is why Kingsley was sent to protect the British PM. And if Voldemort had gained full control of the wizard world then muggles would have been a plaything for him and his thugs.

In the simplest terms, magic counters physical attacks but physical defenses don't counter all magical attacks.

That said I fully agree that magic+tech is the way to go, that is also why I think that homogenization is inevitable in a serious fantasy setting, because why just have a Steam Tank or Arcane Golem if you can have both. Flavors in magic and tech between races (or factions), while literary and aesthetically pleasing, are illogical because of the mechanics of competition.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Banished

I don't mind PJ made :raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor: and Legolas important. Why not? In the books they are very bland.

Quote:
The Emperor's characterization is bad. But some Sith are quite interesting, like Jadus, Thanaton, Baras and Zash.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:32 PM

Elune

I can't believe no one mentioned this guy: The Joker

Goddamn is this motherfucker overrated. Ever since The Dark Knight he's been overexposed in Batman media with ridiculous plot armor. I like the Joker but he needs to lay low for a long while. And DC took his role as a genocidal psychopath to a whole new level of edgy for the sake of edgy.

When I think of the Joker I think of this

not this...
Old 08-24-2014, 03:48 PM

Banished

DC really needs to stop focus too much on Batman but give other heroes(and their villains) more development.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Overrated: Vampires and zombies, movies and other media are just saturated with them.

Underrated: Werewolves, there hasn't been a good werewolf movie in ages. Much less anything unique done with the concept to begin with.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:32 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
He was voiced by Doug Bradley/Pinhead. Awesomeness by default.
Holy shit. I knew there was something about his voice that sounded familiar but I couldn't place it.

Fantastic.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:02 AM

Elune

Quote:
I did like how the Empire in SWTOR is treated as being potentially pretty efficient and competant if there weren't the there Sith having power fantasies and breaking everything in a tantrum.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I did like how the Empire in SWTOR is treated as being potentially pretty efficient and competant if there weren't the there Sith having power fantasies and breaking everything in a tantrum.
Too much bullshit infighting, indeed.

If the Republic of the TOR timeline was anywhere near competant, they'd of won the war already. (I know gameplay kind of rules out one side "winning" but, really, it's Non-Canon now so who honestly gives a shit?)
Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
it's Non-Canon now so who honestly gives a shit?)
I do because I like ToR era than most EU stuff. A Disney corporate douche telling me it isn't canon won't change my mind.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:12 AM

Banished

Quote:
I do because I like ToR era than most EU stuff. A Disney corporate douche telling me it isn't canon won't change my mind.
I do myself. [like it more]

I meant it as a positive thing actually; if BioWare aren't forced to follow the Canon then, in theory, the Sith Empire could actually win the current war, setting up an expansion of power-building for the Sith, and severe recovery for the Republic.

It would be a nice change of pace, but I doubt BioWare is thinking anywhere near that scale for future content due to the state of the Dev team/overall budget.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
I can't believe no one mentioned this guy: The Joker

Goddamn is this motherfucker overrated. Ever since The Dark Knight he's been overexposed in Batman media with ridiculous plot armor. I like the Joker but he needs to lay low for a long while. And DC took his role as a genocidal psychopath to a whole new level of edgy for the sake of edgy.

When I think of the Joker I think of this

not this...
See, I don't think the Death of the Family Joker really beat out the DCAU joker as far as psychopath goes.

I remember one episode where he had rigged Batman up to an electric chair that was controlled by laughter. He then kidnapped a bunch of people, locked them in a room while pumping it full of laughing gas, ahd Quinn start reading a phone book, and basically let them watch as they killed Batman before they themselves died.

That's some cold shit, and while it was severely limited by the fact that it was a kids cartoon, it's still more chilling than ANYTHING Nolan could bring to the table.

Tags
characters, literature