Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
As opposed to getting massacred due to the malicious intent of other humans?
Yet the Europeans often had malicious intent everywhere--Africa, India, China. But the American populations were the ones that got wiped out. Disease had a tremendous role in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Maybe we could cut down on the distribution of infected blankets this time?
Unlikely. According to straightdope, most of the documentation for that comes from the mid-1700s. Human nature doesn't change; prolonging the first contact wouldn't make them decide to take biological warfare off the table.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...-with-smallpox
Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
Event that triggered European colonization of North and South America, and those islands in between.
But we don't celebrate that. We celebrate his "discovery" of the Americas. Which he didn't do. And he had nothing to do with the colonization of what would eventually become the USA.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
But we don't celebrate that. We celebrate his "discovery" of the Americas. Which he didn't do. And he had nothing to do with the colonization of what would eventually become the USA.
I know. We should be celebrating the badass known as Leif Erikson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. There aren't enough American holidays celebrating Vikings.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Echo of the Past

Okay... but England (the mother country that preceded the United States) didn't learn about America because of anything having to do with Leif Ericson...
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Okay... but England (the mother country that preceded the United States) didn't learn about America because of anything having to do with Leif Ericson...
The reason we celebrate "Columbus Day" is because "Columbus discovered America", but he didn't. If we're celebrating who discovered America, we should be celebrating Jesus, but since he already has two holidays we'll celebrate the guy who rediscovered America, which is Leif Erikson.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
Why do you hate America?
Columbus was a pansy though.

I'm actually embarrassed that we celebrate Columbus Day.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Quote:
If we're celebrating who discovered America, we should be celebrating Jesus
That's a new one. How do you figure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
That's a new one. How do you figure?
Because he's Jesus, duh!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Quote:
Because he's Jesus, duh!
Ha. Ha?

Huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
The reason we celebrate "Columbus Day" is because "Columbus discovered America", but he didn't. If we're celebrating who discovered America, we should be celebrating Jesus, but since he already has two holidays we'll celebrate the guy who rediscovered America, which is Leif Erikson.
If you really want to celebrate who discovered America, celebrate the date for when the first Paleo-Indians crossed from Russia to Alaska.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
Columbus was a pansy though.

I'm actually embarrassed that we celebrate Columbus Day.
America: love it or leave it.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Ha. Ha?

Huh.
You're being a blatant homosexual black atheist liberal right now.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
You're being a blatant homosexual black atheist liberal right now.
You're a moron who can't understand the complexity of the human psyche. You're unable to fathom the concept of so called top-down design. You believe that all humans fit into certain stereotypes or labels, most often decided upon their ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion and political agenda.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
You're a moron who can't understand the complexity of the human psyche. You're unable to fathom the concept of so called top-down design. You believe that all humans fit into certain stereotypes or labels, most often decided upon their ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion and political agenda.
Please don't tell me you got fooled by that.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM

Elune

Quote:
Typical liberals to attack decent christians behind the safety of the internet. Well, god can reach you anywhere. I've more cows and children and money than you'll ever have, so your opinion is worthless.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Elves are bad.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Typical liberals to attack decent christians behind the safety of the internet. Well, god can reach you anywhere. I've more cows and children and money than you'll ever have, so your opinion is worthless.
Hey Bolvar. Go away.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Your "left" and "right" wings do not exist where I live, so trying to fit me into those political terminologies will always result in failure on your part. You should go back to doing what you do best, breeding with cows or something, and leave your psychoanalytical handbook at home.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Your "left" and "right" wings do not exist where I live, so trying to fit me into those political terminologies will always result in failure on your part. You should go back to doing what you do best, breeding with cows or something, and leave your psychoanalytical handbook at home.
It's amusing. You think you're so unique and so enlightened, but I've stumbled across your kind before. Libertians are just as ungodly as liberals, they simply try to hide it under a bullcrap facade of conservatism.

Also, you study "psychology"? It's okay. I also believed in magic and witchcraft when I was young. Once you reach my age, you'll understand just how useless your field is.

Come back when you've spawned fifteen children and twice as many cows of your own.

Elves are bad.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
It's amusing. You think you're so unique and so enlightened, but I've stumbled across your kind before. Libertians are just as ungodly as liberals, they simply try to hide it under a bullcrap facade of conservatism.
So are these "libertians" left or right-winged? And what is it that makes me belong to this political sub-group?

Quote:
Also, you study "psychology"? It's okay. I also believed in magic and witchcraft when I was young. Once you reach my age, you'll understand just how useless your field is.

Come back when you've spawned fifteen children and twice as many cows of your own.
So your reply to me calling you out is to not touch the the subject at hand at all, and go about reminding us about how you're older.

How long until you start rabbling about old presidents and money? I'm sure you can find a way to involve them here, somehow. Gods know you always do.

The matter still stands: You're upset because your fragile worldview, where every human fits into very narrow labels, is falling apart daily. You're still unable to fathom top-down design (you should google it, it's very interesting in all aspects of the world).

Here. This one's for free:

Very few people, when properly understood, fall into your categories. A person being black does not automatically mean that they are X and Y. A person being pro-choice when it comes to abortion does not mean they believe X and Z also apply.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM

Echo of the Past

Bolvar owns cows? Are you sure?

EDIT: By the way, Nazja, you should know that a strawman is attacking you. Or perhaps a strawtroll.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 10-10-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
So are these "libertians" left or right-winged? And what is it that makes me belong to this political sub-group?
They are atheists who hate christians. They're obviously leftists, who pretend to be conservative.

Quote:
So your reply to me calling you out is to not touch the the subject at hand at all, and go about reminding us about how you're older.

How long until you start rabbling about old presidents and money? I'm sure you can find a way to involve them here, somehow. Gods know you always do.

The matter still stands: You're upset because your fragile worldview, where every human fits into very narrow labels, is falling apart daily. You're still unable to fathom top-down design (you should google it, it's very interesting in all aspects of the world).

Here. This one's for free:

Very few people, when properly understood, fall into your categories. A person being black does not automatically mean that they are X and Y. A person being pro-choice when it comes to abortion does not mean they believe X and Z also apply.
Cute.

Have you ever considered the fact that stereotypes exists because they are true? That the founding fathers had a point in being christian?

Of course not. You're far too busy wasting your life on studying magic and gorging yourself on sexual decadence to notice what's really important in life. When you're as old and successful as me, you'll finally realize how utterly ridiculous you're appearing right now.

Elves are bad.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Cute.

Have you ever considered the fact that stereotypes exists because they are true? That the founding fathers had a point in being christian?
I'm not interested in labels. They are misleading. I'd rather read the index/register on the back of the jar to find out what each and every individual contains.

I know that your world must be much easier if you only have to read the label, and base all your decisions on that. Why, it's almost as if you're playing the game on the easiest difficulty setting*.

Quote:
Of course not. You're far too busy wasting your life on studying magic and gorging yourself on sexual decadence to notice what's really important in life. When you're as old and successful as me, you'll finally realize how utterly ridiculous you're appearing right now.
You are childish, Verdande. For all your age and supposed success, you lack the very basic ability to even consider the fact that you may be wrong. You use your "conviction" as justification for the most inane opinions, thinking that you can continue charging unabated into any discussion and debate, and somehow back up your stone age arguments with random statements of religion, wealth and age.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
I'm not interested in labels. They are misleading. I'd rather read the index/register on the back of the jar to find out what each and every individual contains.

I know that your world must be much easier if you only have to read the label, and base all your decisions on that. Why, it's almost as if you're playing the game on the easiest difficulty setting*.

You are childish, Verdande. For all your age and supposed success, you lack the very basic ability to even consider the fact that you may be wrong. You use your "conviction" as justification for the most inane opinions, thinking that you can continue charging unabated into any discussion and debate, and somehow back up your stone age arguments with random statements of religion, wealth and age.
Okay, if you're playing along, then you two are being a little one-sided in this.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Okay, if you're playing along, then you two are being a little one-sided in this.
I was wondering how many more posts I would have to copy before someone would finally notice... I wasn't even making it difficult to notice, guys. Unlike Verdande, I was not even writing the posts from scratch.