Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
Ysera is possibly (hinted) to be corrupted by the Nightmare - look above.
Ysera is not being corrupted yet, at least so far the story has told.

During the battle of Nighthaven between corrupted Eranikus and Cenarion Circle. The conversation revealed many informations. Tyrande and Remulos confirmed the power of the Old God behind the Nightmare which corrupted Eranikus and other green dragons. But once Eranikus is redeemed, he told them that Malfurion, Cenarius, and Ysera are still fighting Nightmare very hard in the Emerald Dream.
So at least we know Ysera was still leading her children against the evil. And that's why I believe she will be the neutral city leader like A'dal in Shattrath or Rhonin in Dalaran instead of just a raid boss and being killed.
Another important thing is that we see Cenarius being killed, but only his body, not his mind / spirit. Since he still has the power fighting within the dream. We can assume he will return to the mortal world one day.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM

Eternal

Perhaps, but other later quests hints at that Ysera has recently been corrupted.

Here are some quest texts I copied from wowhead (the quests at the emerald dragonshrine):

"Ysera sleeps in the Emerald Dream, watching over both the Dream and Azeroth. But a horrible nightmare has taken hold in the Dream, and now I fear that Ysera is being affected by it.

Recently, I asked her to aid in the fight against the Scourge that are raising frostwyrms at the other dragonshrines. She misunderstood.

Instead, she told our dragonshrine's defenders to treat those not of the green dragonflight as enemies.

I need you to slay some of the skytalons. The shrine must regain its balance."

and

"Do not weep for Alystros. He has dedicated his eternal life to the defense of the Emerald Dragonshrine and will be reborn.

Hopefully when he returns to us, he will not be gripped with the confusion of the Emerald Nightmare that seems to have taken hold of The Dreamer. "

and Itharius says this:

"Excellent. Just as I suspected all along. I shall have to attempt to contact Ysera and see if she approves.

If she can be coaxed from her nightmare, of course."

/// so yeah, most likely she is corrupted in someway though im not sure she will die, but more likely get redeemed
Old 06-02-2009, 05:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Is Deathwing definately comfirmed to be in Grim Batol from a story perspective or is that just fan theory?

Reason I ask is someone pointed out to me that all the flights are occupied by something dire, except the black flight. You have the reds and blues engaged in a war, Noz is fighting/leading the infinites, and Ysera is stuck in the dream, whiats the black dragon flight up to? I know they are breeding the twilight dragons but surely something else has to be going on there.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:20 AM

Eternal

It is most defintly confirmed in the book Night of the Dragon.

Deathwing is hiding underneath Grim Batol and is producing Twilight dragons there.

Perhaps he will inject nether energies into himself? I do not think so but its an interesting thought.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Reason I ask is someone pointed out to me that all the flights are occupied by something dire, except the black flight. You have the reds and blues engaged in a war, Noz is fighting/leading the infinites, and Ysera is stuck in the dream, whiats the black dragon flight up to? I know they are breeding the twilight dragons but surely something else has to be going on there.
We've been battling against the Black and their mad schemes since vanilla. The dire thing they have been occupied with could be seen as us, the players and heroes.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:34 PM

Loremaster

To be fair, it's only confirmed that Deathwing was in Grim Batol at the end and probably during the events of Night of the Dragon. It's always possible that he grabbed whatever he needed from Sinestra's Twilight Dragon research there and covertly ran off somewhere else to continue his own plans rather than hang around a place that was already compromised by his enemies.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 AM

Eternal

Then who would be the last boss in Grim Batol? An old Dark Iron witch? I see no reason for him to leave, since nobody knows hes there.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 AM

Elune

Research of Deathwing. You don't wanna treat Deathwing like some moron such as Arthas, i mean with all the underground tunnels beneath underground tunnels if i was Deathwing i'd escape from the horny raiders if i wasn't done with my research.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 AM

Eternal

I could absolutly imagne that Deathwings flees AGAIN if we should possible fight him in Grim Batol (I really hate that place because I was wrong with 3.2... and it makes that stupid expansion list more likely).
Old 06-03-2009, 02:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
I could absolutly imagne that Deathwings flees AGAIN if we should possible fight him in Grim Batol (I really hate that place because I was wrong with 3.2... and it makes that stupid expansion list more likely).
Yet why would he stay there to fight in the 1st place? Your basicly asking for a raid boss simply.... because.........elipses.......elipses...... yeah again, any other reason outside "cool" factor or "loot" or "epic?"

And to be honest you being wrong about 3.2 was the best thing you could have possible archieved. Maybe you'll learn one day why!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I think that Grim Batol will become a Twilight Dragonflight fortress in its own.

You know, a pack of Dargonaxs 2.0 with their own army of drakes 2.0 (seen at Obsidian Sanctum) and a good army of drakonids, dragonspawns and skardyns.

Partyyyy!!

They could even develop the blank zone east of Grim Batol. Of course, the outside should remain like now, for us not to discover something was going on.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-03-2009, 07:17 AM

Faerie Dragon

^^^

Yay BWL twighlight edition! cant wait.. cuz ur prolly right
Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 AM

Eternal

I ran BWL with guild on my Shaman a while ago and really... that place is scewed up. Its a bit scary and I cant help to feel sad about the dragons there.

Basically, they have large vials of dragon blood. Like anti-dragon disease machines
And you can see that they have horrific machines with dragon bones stuck within them.

And in Chromaggus room there are like petrified dragon bodies or something hanging in the roof.

Well, atleast I got 5 pieces of T2 to use in Outland
Sadly, they were replaced at level 63-64.

And I still believe Grim Batol will come in WotLK
IT MUST!

Otherwise they will have to make a underground old-god expansion or something
Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
And I still believe Grim Batol will come in WotLK
IT MUST!

Otherwise they will have to make a underground old-god expansion or something
Grim Batol shouldn't really be part of this expension. I don't know why you insist it so much.

Obsidian Sanctum as side raid dungeon already enough to keep the storyline of Deathwing going. And don't forget this expension set's main theme is Lich King and his Scourge army. Patch 3.1 already has enough distraction on main theme, but we can still say it isn't that inproper since Ulduar is still located in Northrend. So now it shouldn't distract by another one again else the storytelling would be very poor.
Just focus on Lich King and have 2 major chapters of the great epic battle!

Last edited by Curll; 06-04-2009 at 02:38 AM..
Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 AM

Elune

Exactly Grim Batol would be like Zul'aman with no point whatsoever. Give Deathwing his own expansion with the other Old Gods.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Yeah, I mean, a junk dealer sent you to Zul'Aman.

A junk dealer.

Not Halduron, or Lor'themar, or Ranger Lord Hawkspear.

A jungle troll junk dealer... in Outland. And you then work for an Indiana Jones style spoof of a warparty.

Grim Batol doesn't need that. Who would send us? The Wyrmcrest Accord; when it includes black dragons who we work with? Nay, unlikely. But then, who else would have an interest in sending us there? The Argent Crusade? Not a chance.

Or another junk dealer?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm fed up with dragons. Enough dragons.
Give us something interesting and relevant, like a proper Azjol-Nerub. Not Grim Batol. What would we even do there? Rape reptile dwarves?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:15 AM

Elune

Well we do know we will meet the Skardyn someday, but really Deathwing should be a main villain. Or co-op villain with Azshara, but Deathwing isn't really a team up fella but the Old Gods can just fuck his mind as they always have.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 AM

Elune

If they explain everything well, it would have sense.

But they don't, and that's because it fails. C'mon, no quests for Obsidian Sanctum? Lorefuck.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
If they explain everything well, it would have sense.

But they don't, and that's because it fails. C'mon, no quests for Obsidian Sanctum? Lorefuck.
Aye.

We technically break our alliance with the Wyrmcrest Accord by defiling an entire sanctum right under Alextrasza's feet without anyone's permission or without a motivation either.

The only driving force seems to be loot. And considering that the Black Dragonflight is at peace with the others at Wyrmcrest Temple, it is sacrilege to defile their sanctuary just like that. Even the Blue sanctum remains active and protected despite the Nexus War.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Elune

Metzen: Sorry fans i just forgot about that lol.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:56 AM

Eternal

Some inspiration from Drz and a quick photoshop job later:

Warlock, Lord of Scrolls of Lore: Shut up, Timolas
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Arch-Druid

My prediction for 4.1 will be that something pretty big will happen. What that will be, I've got no idea.

Sorry if that's a bit vague.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:00 AM

Elune

Metzen: Don't worry, fans!! We're making a new arena thingie, with new lot and designs!!
Fans: .
Mezten: Yeah! Since we know you didn't like Zul'Aman, we're reviving Zul'jin to make him the boss of this new instance. Now, don't worry about lame quests!! There're only achievements in that dungeon!
Fans:.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:05 AM

Elune

Metzen isn't responsible for those things so you fail at amusing! =p You need a Kaplan picture for those.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether

Kael'thas and Zul'jin will work together so that Kael becomes the new Aspect of Magic and Zul the new Lichking XD