Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11726  
Old 04-19-2019, 11:02 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Then why is it a bannable offense on the WoW forums and Overwatch tournaments and why are people on twitter defending it.
Reply With Quote
  #11727  
Old Yesterday, 12:22 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,254

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Then why is it a bannable offense on the WoW forums and Overwatch tournaments and why are people on twitter defending it.
Because they don't want to bother trying to figure out if someone was just doing it normally or trying to be sneaky.
Like it or not, associating things with each together means people will associate them with each other. For example, in the West, most people will probably assume certain things about someone if they wear a shirt with a manji on it.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #11728  
Old Yesterday, 01:12 AM
C9H20 C9H20 is offline

Elune
C9H20's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,131

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Because they don't want to bother trying to figure out if someone was just doing it normally or trying to be sneaky.
Like it or not, associating things with each together means people will associate them with each other. For example, in the West, most people will probably assume certain things about someone if they wear a shirt with a manji on it.
And milk is racist because racists drink it and flaunt their shiny, Eurocentric lactose tolerance.

Yes that is what many SJW idiots have been led to believe by a handful of channer trolls.

You guys have completely lost the plot.
Reply With Quote
  #11729  
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is online now

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
And milk is racist because racists drink it and flaunt their shiny, Eurocentric lactose tolerance.

Yes that is what many SJW idiots have been led to believe by a handful of channer trolls.

You guys have completely lost the plot.
'many'?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11730  
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,081

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
You guys have completely lost the plot.
Are you sure we're reading the same script?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #11731  
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,254

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
And milk is racist because racists drink it and flaunt their shiny, Eurocentric lactose tolerance.

Yes that is what many SJW idiots have been led to believe by a handful of channer trolls.

You guys have completely lost the plot.
No, that one never caught on. Try to pay attention.
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #11732  
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Elune
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 5,632
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default

When dogwhistles get exposed, racists find new ones to spread around. Sadly, they often co-opt innocuous or obscure symbols (see: swastika) so they can keep flying under the radar.
__________________
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Reply With Quote
  #11733  
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
When dogwhistles get exposed, racists find new ones to spread around. Sadly, they often co-opt innocuous or obscure symbols (see: swastika) so they can keep flying under the radar.
I'm just gonna tell you the same sagely advice you told me the other day on discord.

You need to get our head out of the faction war's ass, except in this case it's RL political factions and not WoW factions.
Reply With Quote
  #11734  
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Elune
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 5,632
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I'm just gonna tell you the same sagely advice you told me the other day on discord.

You need to get our head out of the faction war's ass, except in this case it's RL political factions and not WoW factions.
Are you serious right now? Because a video game story is just as important as real life?

Come on man, get real. I don't think you are seeing clearly with that gigantic chip on your shoulder.

Do I need to spell it out? Horde and Alliance are not real. No one is dying because of the Warcraft faction bullshit. I'll repeat my sagely advice: please do get out of the faction war's ass. Because it is clearly screwing with your perception of reality if you are equating its to real world issues and bringing it up here for some reason.
__________________
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Reply With Quote
  #11735  
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,254

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I'm just gonna tell you the same sagely advice you told me the other day on discord.

You need to get our head out of the faction war's ass, except in this case it's RL political factions and not WoW factions.
You'd be surprised. Just a week or two ago I saw someone with the symbol of the 2nd SS Panzer Division on their car. Most people wouldn't recognize it (for reference, it looks like this) There really aren't many reasons someone would do that.
__________________
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; Yesterday at 07:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11736  
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
When the checks on Republican power are removed,
When some checks on Democratic power are allowed to exist, yes...

Quote:
you will be able to overturn laws that made abortion legal. I understand how that would appeal. You will also be able to secure stronger rights for corporations
Everyone thinks they understand economics. Experts with equal levels of education and experience will stare at the same piece of information, come to completely opposite conclusions, and ridicule the other for getting it wrong. I'm not convinced it's a science, so much as an art.

I'm not afraid of corporations at the moment.

Quote:
and illegalize gay marriage.
Government-defined marriage is an obsolete relic. None of the parties are mature enough to figure that out yet; they'll scream to keep the government out of the
bedroom, and then rush to organize a system that's nominally all about that. The sheer amount of blind spots from all of them is nauseating.

People get married for tax convenience; elderly couples remain unmarried for similar reasons. Many get married but have separate bank accounts. It's all a joke, completely unrelated to household economies or anyone's understanding of love.

Quote:
Do you not consider it worrisome that Democratic justices are dying out?
You have to understand, that I consider those justices to be enemies of social justice. So I'll be fine.

Quote:
Do you think our democracy will survive a one party system, as long as it's your party?
Some issues are more important than a political balance of power.

Look. For example, more and more Republicans are abandoning the opposition to gay marriage. Yet somehow, that still didn't make us a Democrat one-party state.

Quote:
EDIT: And another thing. Have those people who insisted for so long that first global warming was a hoax, then that there wasn't any evidence it was man-made, then that it wasn't anything to worry about, finally accepted that maybe they were, as I know Republicans so hate to be told, on the wrong side of history? Or are we still in denial of some kind?
Last I heard, a lot of them say the climate change happens regardless of man-made stuff. I'm not with them.
Reply With Quote
  #11737  
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Elune
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 5,632
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I'm not afraid of corporations at the moment.
I think there are some pretty good reasons you should be. I could list some for you.
__________________
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Reply With Quote
  #11738  
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
I think there are some pretty good reasons you should be. I could list some for you.
More afraid than the government itself monopolizing control?

Regardless, I'm also not convinced that Democrats care to stop corporations.
Reply With Quote
  #11739  
Old Today, 05:10 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is online now

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
More afraid than the government itself monopolizing control?

Regardless, I'm also not convinced that Democrats care to stop corporations.
1. Yes, I am more afraid of increasing corporate overreach INTO Govt because that's the root of most govt abuse.


2. Most don't but the folks decried as radical like Ocasio-Cortez are the ones most likely to be genuine in that desire and that's what we need atm, folks who will push back at corporate overreach and force businesses to make concessions to appear less... 'two steps from a cyberpunk dystopia'
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11740  
Old Today, 06:37 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranus View Post
Are you serious right now? Because a video game story is just as important as real life?

Come on man, get real. I don't think you are seeing clearly with that gigantic chip on your shoulder.

Do I need to spell it out? Horde and Alliance are not real. No one is dying because of the Warcraft faction bullshit. I'll repeat my sagely advice: please do get out of the faction war's ass. Because it is clearly screwing with your perception of reality if you are equating its to real world issues and bringing it up here for some reason.
He says, after unironically making a big deal out of hand gestures or emojis, calling people racist if they use them.

My advice still stands, buddy boy.

On that note, everyone's dying. It sucks, but if you're going to bring that up then there are better things to do to help against that than obsessively post on a dying WoW fan site. Even then I doubt you will save everyone, you are too mired in personal bias and tribalism to care.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; Today at 07:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11741  
Old Today, 10:48 AM
Kakwakas Kakwakas is offline

Elune
Kakwakas's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: US
Posts: 8,254

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
He says, after unironically making a big deal out of hand gestures or emojis, calling people racist if they use them.

My advice still stands, buddy boy.

On that note, everyone's dying. It sucks, but if you're going to bring that up then there are better things to do to help against that than obsessively post on a dying WoW fan site. Even then I doubt you will save everyone, you are too mired in personal bias and tribalism to care.
You're not saying anything here. Your point is just relying on nihilistic and semantic bullshit of "nothing actually means anything and nothing is real."
__________________
Member #14
Reply With Quote
  #11742  
Old Today, 01:10 PM
Saranus Saranus is offline

Elune
Saranus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 5,632
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
More afraid than the government itself monopolizing control?

Regardless, I'm also not convinced that Democrats care to stop corporations.
1000% yes. Corporations have more power in many ways than governments. They aren't paying any taxes despite making billions that the middle class will never, ever see; they can act unilaterally across international borders; the have terrifying access into our private lives; they manipulate us with targeted ads with info gleaned from their access to our private lives; they are wantonly exploiting the environment and hold the lion's share of the blame for climate change; they have unprecedented access and influence in state and federal governments. Corporations have never been trustworthy because their incentives are economic before they are moral or ethical, we've been at this for over a century.

Generally, the current Dem primary field seems pretty keen on curbing the power of corporations, and making them pay their fair share. Whether they actually follow through is another matter, but the younger generation of progressives, at least, seems pretty done with corporations fucking us over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
He says, after unironically making a big deal out of hand gestures or emojis, calling people racist if they use them.

My advice still stands, buddy boy.

On that note, everyone's dying. It sucks, but if you're going to bring that up then there are better things to do to help against that than obsessively post on a dying WoW fan site. Even then I doubt you will save everyone, you are too mired in personal bias and tribalism to care.
If you have some specific objection or dispute with what I said, I'm all ears. But what you've said is just nonsense. Can we please talk about real things instead of vacuous equivocation.
__________________
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; Today at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #11743  
Old Today, 03:05 PM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is online now

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
He says, after unironically making a big deal out of hand gestures or emojis, calling people racist if they use them.
I missed it, where did Saranus do that?
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
realspace, serious business

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.