Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 10-19-2019, 03:06 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Lightbulb 9.0 / Expansion 8 Prediction Thread

Here we go
  • Level squish back to 60, level cap is 70
  • No shadowlands
  • Cross-faction partying system when War Mode is off
  • Factions are still standing but not mattering as much
  • Dragon Isles
  • Void Lords
  • Sylvanas: the game: the expansion: the experience
  • Major class/spec rework that will send us back to when all specs were more or less the same
  • Khadgar returns
  • Tomb of Sargeras and Icecrown Citadel are "starting points" for the expansion, akin to Silithus
  • Underwhelming pre-expansion event
  • Faction plots (like Tyrande's) will be left for 10.x
Old 10-19-2019, 03:24 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

I made a plot prediction a long time ago. Now it seems more likely than ever, with all the aqir popping up in 8.3.

Death of Azeroth:
After N'Zoth dies, Azeroth dies too, as it was foreshadowed a long time ago.
With Azeroth itself dead, everything on it starts dying. Animals, plants, elements, no children are born, everyone gets more sickly by the day. This is also the explanation for a level squish - everyone got much weaker as their life force is escaping and we fight to make ourselves stronger again.
With Death energies permeating the planet, the dead are rising and the Lich King and Sylvanas compete to control them, while death entities from the Shadowlands try to keep the balance.
After Azeroth dies and the Heart chamber collapses, tunnels leading to the old Azj'Aqir kingdom open up and aqir emerge en masse. They are the main enemy in the expansion.
At the same time, on the other side of the world, Kith'ix emerges, destroying Zul'Aman, and taking over the Azj'Aqir Empire.
We learn the Old Gods saved the Emerald Dream at the last moment and cut it off from Azeroth and sent it away. The Dream is now our last hope to revive Azeroth, but only the Old Gods know where it went. So we have to bring them back in avatar bodies.
In the final patch, we restore all the Old Gods to life, they revive Azeroth, and we beat the forces of Death. But now we have the Old Gods running around in mobile humanoid bodies.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:31 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Some crack, darkest timeline (for Spider) predictions:
  • Alleria and Vereesa join Sylvanas out of a belief that she is their best shot to defeat Old Gods.
  • Angry due to a perceived betrayal by the Alliance and Elune, Tyrande and like-minded night seek out Sylvanas, ironically believing that she is their best shot at taking vengeance on those who failed them at Teldrassil.

Wish-listing prediction:
  • Calia will not become a racial leader. She is just on a pilgrimage.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:59 AM

Arch-Druid

This is more wishful thinking than prediction, but here it goes:

- Sylvanas is dealt with in 8.3.5. We ally with the Death entities to stop her. She's not killed, but her plans are revealed and we set them back for now.
- "New" Continents: Revamped Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, 10 years timeskip.
- Level squish. Levels are divided by three. 120 becomes 40. New max level: 60.
- Can level up from 1 to 60 in the new continents. Zones divided between 1-40, 20-40 and 40-60 brackets (1/3 of the zones are in last bracket).
- Old versions of Kalimdor/EK still available and optional, ranging from 1-40. All old expansions range 20-40.
- Classes keep somewhat like now, but added back lots of utility and skill-based abilities. Several talents become baseline. Six talent rows, one every 10 levels. Every spec has at least one talent row that is about choosing your playstyle (like between Frost DK with one 2h or two 1h weapons). Skills are not auto-learned anymore, instead you have a skill tree that you gain points as you level up and is maxed at 60.
- Allied races now start at level 6.
- Both hero classes start at level 18.
- New class: tinker. Specs are tank that rides a mech, ranged DPS using guns and explosives, chemist healer. For gnomes, goblins, dark irons, mag'har, mechagnomes and vulpera.
- Tons of customization options added for all races. Most of them are unlocked through gameplay. Includes scars, tatoos and even alternate visuals for some races (wildhammer dwarf, highborne night elf, clan skins for normal orcs and more).
- New class combos. Worgen shaman, night elf paladin, void elf paladin, mechagnome shaman, goblin monk, lightforged monk, tauren rogue, highmountain rogue, undead paladin, nightborne paladin and pandaren druid (yeah).
- You can now collect alternate visuals for skills (through glyphs, questing, achievements, and so on). You can change them in a class trainer. Includes undead/void monsters in place of demons for warlocks, holy visuals for Shadow Priest, void versions of paladin spells and so on. Some race/class combos start with different visuals as default (like the void elf paladin or night elf priest).
- Kalimdor themed on exploration and wonder. Also night elf/Horde conflict, and Draenor fauna and flora has spread over the continent.
- Eastern Kingdoms themed on politics and border conflicts between the many kingdoms and city-states.
- Old allied races incorporated into the zones. Can now be unlocked easilly by doing local questlines centered on them.
- Many threats: Amani Covenant, return of Hakkar, botani expansion, Sylvanas' death cultists, the Black Empress (the entity formerly known as Xal'atath) building her own empire on the Wounded Lands (former Silithus/Ahn'Qiraj).
- Many heroes retired, lots of former child/teenage characters getting bigger roles (Galadin and Giramar, Dagran Thaurissan, Arator, Zekhan, Durak)

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 10-19-2019 at 06:11 AM..
Old 10-19-2019, 01:20 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

My predictions for the next expansion. Some of them are shot in the dark, and some possibly more plausible.

-Two new allied races - Avatars of Shirvallah (Tiger/Lynx-Worgen Trolls) for the Horde that will have options for Forest Troll as well, and Lightbound Deadheads(Ew) for the Alliance
-Two NEW Races: Ogres for the Horde, and Arakkoa for the Alliance. Ogres use the Kul Tiran with a bit more modification skeleton set
-High Elf and possibly Blood Elf skin customization for Void Elves
-Monks for Goblin, Worgen and Lightforged
-Other class combos - Night Elf Paladin and Shaman, Worgen and Kul Tiran Paladin, Tauren and Highmountain Mages, Zanadalari Warlock and possible Dwarf and Blood Elf Druid, Orc Priest perhaps?
-Pandaren Death Knights, Mag'har, Dark Iron, Void Elf and Highmountain Death Knights as well
-Level Squish cause it is coming, possible max level being 60 or 70
-Dragon Isles as the expansions new continent setting. It will deal with restoring power back to the Dragonflights to help a dying Azeroth, and dealing with the inevitable Void Lords expansion.
-Revamped Northrend with dynamic events. Possible EK and Kalimdor revamp in the works with dynamic world events
-Major focus on Bolvar vs Sylvanas arc.

Last edited by Melorandor; 10-19-2019 at 01:24 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 03:33 AM

Problemsolver

My prediction for WoW's future.

- They discontinue the current retail game in favour of the objectively better Classic version.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:29 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
My predictions for the next expansion. Some of them are shot in the dark, and some possibly more plausible.

-Two new allied races - Avatars of Shirvallah (Tiger/Lynx-Worgen Trolls) for the Horde that will have options for Forest Troll as well, and Lightbound Deadheads(Ew) for the Alliance
Yaaas! Finally, there’s someone else into weretiger trolls!
Old 10-20-2019, 12:54 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Next expansion is the reverse of Cataclysm: the rebuilding, especially with everyone hooking up after the 4th War and the use of the Halls of Origination. Tinkers because they build things. Dragon Isles because we’re creating a new Dragonflight. Yes, we’re fighting off Death, but this expansion is about what we can build, not what we can destroy.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
Yaaas! Finally, there’s someone else into weretiger trolls!
As much as I like trolls, I think Saberon would be a bit more refreshing.

Given that they're from another planet and unrelated to other races. (Except very loosely to orcs and eredar.)
Old 10-20-2019, 07:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
As much as I like trolls, I think Saberon would be a bit more refreshing.

Given that they're from another planet and unrelated to other races. (Except very loosely to orcs and eredar.)
You know what, Saberon could be a potential Alliance equivalent to Vulpera.

Vulpera aren't related to Goblins but share their skeleton.

Saberon aren't related to Worgen but share their skeleton. Right?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:59 AM

Sentinel Queen

Yes. People have been speculating that we’ll get a vulpera situation for the worgen for a while now. Saberon, saurok, dragonmen like Maloriak, and sethrak (which people for some reason think use the worgen skeleton) are the ideas I’ve heard.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:18 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Alexstrasza will play a major role this next expansion. Her relation to both Bolvar and Wrathion will be explored.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:53 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Whats going on here folx

Edit: im still assed so many years later? Im hurt
Old 10-30-2019, 08:24 PM

World Builder

You poor fool Pori, why would you subject yourself to the horrors of SoL again?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 10-30-2019, 08:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Its new expansion time, its cold outside, and all beers are 1 dollar for me here.

Unequivocal hurt myself season
Old 10-31-2019, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
Its new expansion time, its cold outside, and all beers are 1 dollar for me here.

Unequivocal hurt myself season
I would revert your assed status if I could, but only admins have that power.

I'll ask one of them to do so.