Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-04-2019, 06:46 PM

Hippogryph

I remember people theorizing that Blizz was going to merge the factions. I didn't believe that, but I thought at least they would allow cross-faction grouping and guilds. But they've only reiterated that the faction divide was integral to the game and would never go away, putting the kibosh on the grouping.

What then was the point of Saurfang going on about 'Breaking the Cycle'? Did he mean the cycle of evil warchiefs? Yeah, a council is really going to change that, when in the expansion after Shadowlands, they can make the whole council evil and have them victimize the alliance, while the horde players have to be evil once again.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:51 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

I don't actually understand what purpose splitting the factions in this way serves at this point. But I guess they'd have to redo all the old content if they did that.

Quote:
I don't care about Blizzard storytelling except to mock it. That said, I'm curious how Marthen will integrate the Shadowlands materials into his Retrocraft setting. I was always fascinated by how he rewrote the Scourge into a functional nation-state with politics long before the necrolords were a glimmer in Metzen's eye.
I'm not trying to be too judgmental when I say this, but I really don't understand what ever appealed to you about any Blizzard franchise. They're pure id, artistically driven, campy video games about space bugs and necromancers and bitchy villains making cracks.

Not about... strict world building, and trying to create a realistic, working setting.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:19 AM

Druid of the Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I'm not trying to be too judgmental when I say this, but I really don't understand what ever appealed to you about any Blizzard franchise. They're pure id, artistically driven, campy video games about space bugs and necromancers and bitchy villains making cracks.

Not about... strict world building, and trying to create a realistic, working setting.
I got into them when I was much younger. My tastes have matured, but Blizzard gets worse with every installment.

Last edited by BoxCrayonTales; 11-05-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 11-05-2019, 12:27 PM

Sentinel Queen

Figured I'd come say hi after a long old absence and whine about the lack of NElf Paladins and hope someone asks the question in another Q&A session.

Other than that, Shadowlands is looking pretty neat. Some of the expansions I've been more hyped for have usually been letdowns in some fashion, whilst ones I'm largely indifferent about initially tend to come out quite well (MoP), so fingers crossed the pattern continues.

Old 11-06-2019, 11:32 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niars View Post
Figured I'd come say hi after a long old absence and whine about the lack of NElf Paladins and hope someone asks the question in another Q&A session.
The Lost Codex just asked about Gnome and Night Elf paladins on their interview and the answer was "someday maybe".
Old 11-06-2019, 11:38 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
The Lost Codex just asked about Gnome and Night Elf paladins on their interview and the answer was "someday maybe".
Any other new class options they asked? Like Orc paladins or Draenei warlocks?
Old 11-06-2019, 12:08 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Can't be disappointed if you're permanently pessimistic!

Old 11-07-2019, 06:52 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Any other new class options they asked? Like Orc paladins or Draenei warlocks?
They weren't very specific in the question. They specifically mentioned gnome paladins, but they were generic overall. It was an answer to any new combinations. "It will happen when we feel it's the right time."
Old 11-07-2019, 10:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Old 11-07-2019, 06:17 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Yeah the problem is, Chronicle was pretty much sold as a definitive guide.
Old Today, 11:16 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
all i got was
"you see, Blizzard NEVER makes mistakes, its just that we dont have enough IQ to understand the 5d chess they play with us"