Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Raven Queen? Interesting name but I never thought ravens to fit Draenei.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Raven Queen? Interesting name but I never thought ravens to fit Draenei.
Well, the alternative it's the cargo for an actual raven queen, but that seems unlikely.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:09 PM

Elune

Closest thing is Ka'alu the Raven Mother. Probably is just a boat.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Elune

So... how the hell do you even get to Draenor if you're not already there? It's not the Dark Portal because Tanaan is a instanced quarantine zone, it's not the beta-only portal to Ashran.. I'm so lost. I know how to get OFF Draenor, but getting to it seems impossible.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:20 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
So... how the hell do you even get to Draenor if you're not already there? It's not the Dark Portal because Tanaan is a instanced quarantine zone, it's not the beta-only portal to Ashran.. I'm so lost. I know how to get OFF Draenor, but getting to it seems impossible.
I think if you go through the Dark Portal after completing Tanaan it just teleports you to Stormshield/Warspear.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I think if you go through the Dark Portal after completing Tanaan it just teleports you to Stormshield/Warspear.
Yeah, but if you don't have flightpaths out of Ashran, you're practically stranded.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The Dark Portal in Blasted Lands doesn't do anything.

Quote:
Portals at Stormwind Keep and Grommash Hold.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 PM

Elune

So a thought just occurred to me; are the Kirin Tor really neutral or is the entire Alliance including the Kirin Tor effectively neutral now?

Considering you'll be working with the opposite faction whether you like it or not and that you'll be recruiting members of the opposite faction for your Garrison it definitely feels like the player is neutral now, outside of Ashran.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:12 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
So a thought just occurred to me; are the Kirin Tor really neutral or is the entire Alliance including the Kirin Tor effectively neutral now?

Considering you'll be working with the opposite faction whether you like it or not and that you'll be recruiting members of the opposite faction for your Garrison it definitely feels like the player is neutral now, outside of Ashran.
The Alliance and Horde are sort of at peace now, and what is the Alliance but an anti-Horde force? Though I would expect more exclusivity in favor of outright allies.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
The Alliance and Horde are sort of at peace now, and what is the Alliance but an anti-Horde force? Though I would expect more exclusivity in favor of outright allies.
...ya know, the Alliance is still fighting a Horde, just not the political entity known as "The Horde." Heck, if you want to be really asinine about it, they're like a "No Homers" club where they can only fight one "Horde" at a time; they're allowed to ally with other Hordes while fighting against the one Horde.

Bonus points if you find a way to call a group of murlocs a Horde; then the Alliance and "The Horde" can always be besties!

Oh, text's inability to properly express tone... how would I be irritatingly maybe-sarcastic otherwise?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 PM

Elune

They have a peace treaty that can apparently be broken only when gameplay dictates they need to fight for PVP to happen.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
With each boss being a living gate!
*Remembers his dnd campaign* Dooooors.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:36 PM

Elune

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
but soon we can complain about new stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
She obviously must be getting blocked by a gate.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post

The Alliance is half-neutral. It cannot attack itself or the Horde, but the Horde can attack it.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:33 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
The Alliance is half-neutral. It cannot attack itself or the Horde, but the Horde can attack it.
Not sure how that works. Outside Ashran nether faction seems to be attacking the other at all in WoD and prior to that there are heaps of occasions where the Alliance attacks the Horde.

On the follower thing, what horde character does the alliance get to recruit? The horde has that Kirin Tor Blood Elf, that still seems weird to me, but I wasn't aware of Horde NPCs the alliance can recruit.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:41 AM

Mountain Giant

I feel like some people here would have no problem with Blizzard removing PvP altogether because it made sense with the lore. And then those same people would complain when things they care about get taken out of the game.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 AM

Eternal

Quote:
It's bittersweet.

On one hand, yes, finally new content.

On the other hand, I never finished challenge modes and I only got to Rank 8 in the Brawler's Guild. I killed Garrosh on normal a few times but never got an heirloom. Bleh.

Trying to finish challenge modes, still. Killed Garrosh a few times on flex but never got a heirloom, got to rank 9 only to be cockblocked by Nibbleh due to lack of gear/legendary cloak.

I feel your pain. I FEEL IT.

Oh, and I also need to do the green fire questchain but I don't think I can do both CMs and level my lock from 86 to 90 to do the green fire stuff all before Wednesday. Sadly, I have no money left to buy the expansion, and thus can't boost my lock. It's an abstract kind of feel.jpg.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Two more and I get a free sundae!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
I feel like some people here would have no problem with Blizzard removing PvP altogether because it made sense with the lore. And then those same people would complain when things they care about get taken out of the game.

Nah, I just don't think they should even bother with a lore pretense for PvP zones like Ashran, especially when it flies in the face of what the Alliance and Horde are working for all throughout the questing experience. It just causes a headache and doesn't really add anything meaningful.

Except Zappy Zooly. I'm not sure how I would wake up in the morning without knowing Zappy Zooly was with us.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:54 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Nah, I just don't think they should even bother with a lore pretense for PvP zones like Ashran, especially when it flies in the face of what the Alliance and Horde are working for all throughout the questing experience. It just causes a headache and doesn't really add anything meaningful.

Except Zappy Zooly. I'm not sure how I would wake up in the morning without knowing Zappy Zooly was with us.
Speaking as someone who enjoyed PvP zones like WG and Tol Barad, I think they would be much worse without any sort of plot to them.

Blizzard should tie the zones into the overall story or else they would seem pointless to the people participating in them. Just because you like PvP doesn't mean you don't want to be immersed in something bigger than a random battle.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
Speaking as someone who enjoyed PvP zones like WG and Tol Barad, I think they would be much worse without any sort of plot to them.

Blizzard should tie the zones into the overall story or else they would seem pointless to the people participating in them. Just because you like PvP doesn't mean you don't want to be immersed in something bigger than a random battle.
Wintergrasp had a plot?

Oh, right. The factions were fighting over the nondescript titan McGuffin for Reasons.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:01 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Wintergrasp had a plot?

Oh, right. The factions were fighting over the nondescript titan McGuffin for Reasons.
I mean, it doesn't have to be a super elaborate plot. Something that seems plausible on the surface instead of dumping players into a random closed BG so they can kill eachother for no apparent reason. There's already enough of that in WoW's player vs. player content and I don't see why anyone would be against Blizzard innovating how players compete against one another.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:25 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Quote:
Zappy Zooly will save us! All hail Zappy Zooly!
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft