Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:09 PM

Eternal

I'm still quite surprised that Blackhand seemed to be a pretty cool guy. Caring more about his people and clan than about himself is definitely not something I would've expected from him, but I really like it.

Last edited by Gromak; 10-10-2014 at 01:18 PM..
Old 10-10-2014, 01:24 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
I'm still quite surprised that Blackhand seemed to be a pretty cool guy. Caring more about his people and clan than about himself is definitely not something I would've expected from him, but I really like it.
A few people I know think it's a retcon of his character.

edit: Also looks like the foundry was in mid construction/renovation. One of the towers is only half built in the first panel, with the iron frame still half done.

Last edited by Skullcrusha; 10-10-2014 at 01:34 PM..
Old 10-10-2014, 02:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Well if we want to go fully technical, it wasn't a full on Foundry until Garrosh and Grom came up to him with his plans, but it did seem like a very massive hideout, that also lend them construction of armour.

His character page also indicates that he was the first to join the ranks.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Well if we want to go fully technical, it wasn't a full on Foundry until Garrosh and Grom came up to him with his plans, but it did seem like a very massive hideout, that also lend them construction of armour.

His character page also indicates that he was the first to join the ranks.
Well the foundry was the ancestral home of the Blackrocks. But yea in the panel its being constructed/made bigger.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Eternal

Blackhand calls it the Foundry in the comic, unless he's only referring to the pool itself.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Elune

I imagine it was a lot more basic and used to just make metal weapons until Garrosh arrived with his goblin blueprints.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Blackhand calls it the Foundry in the comic, unless he's only referring to the pool itself.
Yeah that's true, was refering more to what it was used after it expanded, makeing it more an actual Foundry. But yeah, it already was, also really curious if the Raid will have that pool, I'm not sure I remember seeing it.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM

Eternal

Interesting comic. Explains both Blackhand's origins and the Doomhammer's.

He seems to go more brutal and violent over time. I wonder if being possessed by a fury of fire, much like the effects of the demon blood, twisted him. His world burning line did kind of remind me of Ragnaros.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:01 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
Interesting comic. Explains both Blackhand's origins and the Doomhammer's.

He seems to go more brutal and violent over time. I wonder if being possessed by a fury of fire, much like the effects of the demon blood, twisted him. His world burning line did kind of remind me of Ragnaros.
The only thing I'd like to know (and the most trivial part of the character's existence) is how Doomhammer came to be a member of the Thunderlord clan as well as the Blackrock. I mean, it could be he was born the son of a Thunderlord, which is plausible given the ties between the clans, or like Fenris he could have undergone initiation rites and become a Thunderlord for some purpose. Blizzard said that he used his Thunderlord status as a launchpad for his rise to power, but it seems to have no baring in this universe.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
The only thing I'd like to know (and the most trivial part of the character's existence) is how Doomhammer came to be a member of the Thunderlord clan as well as the Blackrock. I mean, it could be he was born the son of a Thunderlord, which is plausible given the ties between the clans, or like Fenris he could have undergone initiation rites and become a Thunderlord for some purpose. Blizzard said that he used his Thunderlord status as a launchpad for his rise to power, but it seems to have no baring in this universe.
That is from WCII:BtDP. Is it still true?
Old 10-10-2014, 03:17 PM

Elune

Keep in mind, Fenris is involved in this comic series, so those Thunderlord roots may be explored.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
That is from WCII:BtDP. Is it still true?
I thought it was from the RPG books. Is there a manual PDF or something that mentions Doomhammer being Thunderlord? A quest briefing in game? It's been about a decade since I've played WCII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Elune

I don't recall his Thunderlordness being in RotH either.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM

Eternal

I wonder if that same fire elemental is the Heart of the Mountain in the Blast Furnace fight you kill.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I wonder if that same fire elemental is the Heart of the Mountain in the Blast Furnace fight you kill.
That'd be cool

With that said, goodbye.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:29 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
I thought it was from the RPG books. Is there a manual PDF or something that mentions Doomhammer being Thunderlord? A quest briefing in game? It's been about a decade since I've played WCII
Game manual description for the Thunderlords.

This link is weird. But most of it is from the BtDP manual. The parts under (Present) are NOT there, however.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:39 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcraft II Beyond The Dark Portal manual
Thunderlord Clan: The Thunderlord clan has strong ties to both the Blackrock and Lightning's Blade clans. Orgrim Doomhammer, former Warchief of the Horde in Azeroth, rose to power through the Thunderlord clan. Fenris, captain of the remaining Wolfriders and Chieftain of the Thunderlords is eager to lead his clan to glorious battle in the human lands.
Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself: http://wowpedia.org/Warcraft_II_Beyo..._Portal_manual
Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself: http://wowpedia.org/Warcraft_II_Beyo..._Portal_manual
Sadly its probably retconned by this point as it's never mentioned again.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

I figure this is MU history as well, but the elemental's blessings were lost when the orcs went fel, but his moniker always stuck (and maybe his hand never reverted). But in the AU, Garrosh's actions and warmongering spurned Blackhand to exploit his gift for the Iron Horde, turning him into the Blackhand we see in WoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Sadly its probably retconned by this point as it's never mentioned again.
Rise of the Horde made a big deal of Durotan's and Orgrim's friendship, like interclan friendship just didn't happen. Seems it would be impossible, in that universe, for a Black rock to rise through the Thunderlords.

Of course, Rise of the Horde didn't know Fenris of the Thunderlords was apparently Durotan's brother. It also didn't know the ogres had an advanced civilization apparently. It also didn't know Blackhand was made of fire apparently. It also thought the Dragonmaw existed on Draenor... do they? Are they mentioned in WoD?

RotH might not be reliable as lore anymore.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:52 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
RotH might not be reliable as lore anymore.
This is Blizzard. Nothing in their lore is reliable.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I'd sacrifice Troll babies to get an underground Forgery with elementals and shit for Orgrimmar. Remove Garrosh's bunker and Make Ragefire chasm part of Orgrimmar. and expand it throughout the city, and have the Forges down there.. That's what I want.. Also an Orgrimmar Sewer.. with a Big ass Zeppelin or some flying base.. But hey.. I'd sacrifice several "Private Ray. D. Tear"s for this. To Hexos.

That's what I learned from that story.. (I liked the story as well).

Last edited by Gurzog; 10-10-2014 at 04:55 PM..
Old 10-10-2014, 04:56 PM

Eternal

Just give the trolls Orgrimmar and Durotar and the orcs can move to draenor after we beat Iron Horde kthnx.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:00 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Just give the trolls Orgrimmar and Durotar and the orcs can move to draenor after we beat Iron Horde kthnx.
Azeroth is the homeland of the Orcs now. We're not sending the greenskins back.

:-)

But yes, while Blizzard has no problem retconning whatever it feels like, it's also possible that all this can be chalked up to being a different timeline.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Phipps View Post
But yes, while Blizzard has no problem retconning whatever it feels like
That they do. Okay, everyone, since Blizzard apparently enjoy shredding their lore like waste paper, let's create a separate thread where we list our ideas for how the expansion should be handled, or how past expansions should have gone down.

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft