Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 06:23 AM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrmKing View Post
They can influence which faction becomes more popular by showing preferential treatment to said faction and mock the other.
mocking gnomes is not the same as mocking the Alliance.

And it's not bloody preferential treatment, you got a comic, you'll be getting a movie, half the dang novels are from Alliance PoV about Alliance characters and lore.

Maybe if the Alliance complained less about the Horde and asked for some junk of their own on the official forums we wouln't have this problem.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
Horde = Obnoxious children

Alliance = Responsible adults
Because of course all Alliance players on Scrolls of lore never spend all their time whining about the other faction....oh wait
Old 09-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

What is it with faction fanboyism around here? Both sides are filled with self-righteous fucknuts and both sides get their due in good time, get over it and move on.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Exxile87#1525
Send a message via AIM to Exxile87 Send a message via Yahoo to Exxile87

My heart belongs to the Horde, but my playtime is spent on the Alliance because I love the draenei. I am a fucked up individual.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Elune

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Because most beings that battle demons either, A, aren't immortal or B, do other things like have entire societies while also fighting the demons. Sargeras' job was basically demon fighting 24/7 for all eternity with occasional breaks to fight old gods.
That explains the going crazy part. What about the winning part? Eventually wouldn't an undead or demon army overcome a regular race army? Putting it in simple terms what if we have 10 people versus 10 demons. Even if they "kill" all the demons, those 10 demons will just come back the 10 people are most likely now only 9. You keep going like that until finally there are 10 demons and 0 people. With the undead it is worse because any person killed could be raised into undeath to add unto the undead army. Even some demons could try the tactic of taking over a body now and then.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Sargeras built demon prisons, remember.

Also, if you kill a demon in the actual Twisting Nether, it is permanently destroyed.

And someone need to be resurrecting the undead. Go for him.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Sargeras built demon prisons, remember.

Also, if you kill a demon in the actual Twisting Nether, it is permanently destroyed.

And someone need to be resurrecting the undead. Go for him.
I am talking about normal races though.

Fighting on a regular planet.

You could do that unless someone just resurrects the resurrecter who just died.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post

You can permanently extirpate them all by killing them all, and then killing the planetary natives that summon them.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

I think the Old Gods had nothing to do with Sargeras corruption.

Demons corrupt what they have around with demonic fel energies. If you fight them for thousands of years, you end tainted by those energies.

That's what probably happened with Sargeras. Nothing to with Nathrezim, Eredar or any specific race, he just got corrupted by all the exposition to the demons he was fighting.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 09-04-2010, 06:33 AM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:

You could do that unless someone just resurrects the resurrecter who just died.
How has Azeroth defeated the Scourge? By destroying the army, forcing those with the power to animate the corpses to withdraw or they destroy them as well, and then burn the bodies. You can't just continually animate the dead - it takes too much time and power to do it to such a large number of individuals all the time.

You kill both at the same time. Or destroy the body.

Also, wasn't a big part of Sargeras' downfall due to his inability to comprehend evil? Humans can, so they may be less effected by it most of the time. Besides, some mortals have gone insane from it - Arthas, the Scarlet Crusade and other.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 09-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I think the Old Gods had nothing to do with Sargeras corruption.

Demons corrupt what they have around with demonic fel energies. If you fight them for thousands of years, you end tainted by those energies.

That's what probably happened with Sargeras. Nothing to with Nathrezim, Eredar or any specific race, he just got corrupted by all the exposition to the demons he was fighting.
I'm reminded of Frederick Nietzsche. Sargeras apparently stared into the Abyss and it stared back.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:51 PM

The Digger

Like I've said before, I like to think of Sargeras as being like a godlike postal worker. He had an extremely stressful job that literally never ended, and eventually he became, shall we say, "disgruntled". If any of you watched Seinfeld and saw the episode where Newman explained why postal workers go nuts, you'll be able to bring to mind a better explenation than the one I just used. Simply replace every time he says "mail" with "demons".
Old 09-05-2010, 12:49 PM

Chimaera

he discovered the futility of it all, if the damn universe is so intent on spawning demonic legions all the time maybe its the way it was supposed to be, and the titanic ordering is interfering with the natural way of the universe.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Elune

But Sargeras put them in prison. If he fought them and won, but then kept having to fight them again that is one thing. Yet he won, and later went solo and crazy.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Revenant - Moderator

It is not just about him"winning." The fact that such evil could exist made him question his and the rest of the titans' position in the universe.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
It is not just about him"winning." The fact that such evil could exist made him question his and the rest of the titans' position in the universe.
Wouldn't their whole society by now have gone crazy though? He couldn't have been the only titan to fight evil in their whole race's existence.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 AM

Eternal

What we don't know about the Titans could fill a few Terabytes.

Sent out to destroy chaos, Sargeras is said to have gone crazy upon contact with an "evil race". I find it more likely he saw obsolescence in his success, rather than futility in his endeavor. And rather than fight toward his own deletion, he decided to create his own set of Anti-Titans out of transmogrified mortal races as retaliation against the Titans' whitewashing of the universe.

Of course my view's a lot more nuanced and gray than what Blizzard probably wants for its deities.

Quote:
Wouldn't their whole society by now have gone crazy though? He couldn't have been the only titan to fight evil in their whole race's existence.
He was the only Titan whose station was defined by destruction. Other Titans fought, but they had other hobbies and roles. Sargeras had nothing besides his crusade, and he realized his own emptiness.

Last edited by Urth; 09-07-2010 at 05:57 AM..
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
mocking gnomes is not the same as mocking the Alliance.
He totally mocks the rest of the Alliance too.

Quote:
And it's not bloody preferential treatment, you got a comic, you'll be getting a movie, half the dang novels are from Alliance PoV about Alliance characters and lore.
That's Blizzard's marketing, we're talking about the CORE people responsible for WarCraft like Metzen and Samwise.

Quote:
Maybe if the Alliance complained less about the Horde and asked for some junk of their own on the official forums we wouln't have this problem.
And Horde never complain about Alliance? The only difference here is when Horde complains they get something, Alliance don't. Alliance still have one less race/class combination in Cataclysm and we've been asking them to fix that since Cataclysm was announced.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Alliance still have one less race/class combination in Cataclysm and we've been asking them to fix that since Cataclysm was announced.
You don't think Draenei Rogues or Warlocks are card up their sleeves? They surprised everyone with Dwarf and Troll Warlocks after they announced NO MORE NEW COMBOS. Evidence suggests that Draenei and Blood Elf zones are getting minimal attention and are likely to be barely touched in Cataclysm, despite glaring chronology issues. If there's another combination, it'll be a Draenei one. I don't doubt the 41st Alliance combination is just sitting in a to-do box somewhere.

As for why Blood elf Warriors aren't a pain in the ass, I'm sure the Warrior trainers and quests were made way back in BC and they just turned them on for Cataclysm. Speaking of which, has anyone in Beta MADE a Belf Warrior yet?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urth View Post
You don't think Draenei Rogues or Warlocks are card up their sleeves?
Night Elf paladins imo
Old 09-07-2010, 07:17 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urth View Post
You don't think Draenei Rogues or Warlocks are card up their sleeves? They surprised everyone with Dwarf and Troll Warlocks after they announced NO MORE NEW COMBOS. Evidence suggests that Draenei and Blood Elf zones are getting minimal attention and are likely to be barely touched in Cataclysm, despite glaring chronology issues. If there's another combination, it'll be a Draenei one. I don't doubt the 41st Alliance combination is just sitting in a to-do box somewhere.
Gnomes should be the ones to have a new class. They're the only race that has 6 classes, the rest have at 7, 8, or 9.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Gnomes should be the ones to have a new class. They're the only race that has 6 classes, the rest have at 7, 8, or 9.
Gnomes should be stripped of their existance and replaced by a better race.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:27 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
like?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Uh no. Just because it's a Horde meme to make fun of Gnomes doesn't mean many other people don't like 'em.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:52 AM

World Builder

PvP Symbol - Horde

Quote:
He totally mocks the rest of the Alliance too.

That's Blizzard's marketing, we're talking about the CORE people responsible for WarCraft like Metzen and Samwise.

And Horde never complain about Alliance? The only difference here is when Horde complains they get something, Alliance don't. Alliance still have one less race/class combination in Cataclysm and we've been asking them to fix that since Cataclysm was announced.
1. Source

2. I'm not following, because they market the alliance but personally like the Horde they favor the Horde?

3. Fine me a complaint, find me where we get it.

Tags
isn't taran zhu dead?, lore, newbie, where are illidans pants