Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you expect SoO to end?
The Horde kicks the Alliance out of the city 6 10.53%
The Alliance occupies the city 2 3.51%
The Alliance pats the Horde on the shoulder and leaves peacefully 29 50.88%
The Alliance makes the Horde accept terms of surrender (zones, reparations etc) 10 17.54%
Garrosh is defeated, but nothing else is shown 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2013, 10:35 PM

The Sun King

Default How do you expect SoO to end?

It will all end soon, so I'd like to make a survey.

How do you expect SoO to end? (poll)
Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

After Garrosh dies Vol'jin, Varian, and Thrall trade Twitter accounts and facebook names and become the bestest of friends. This lasts until Varian bothers them too much by constantly sending Twitter updates about how his secretly in the closet son keeps rambling on about how everyone needs to hold hands and hug like he and Wrathion do. This then starts Mists of Grizzdaria when the factions go to war and once again fight over a random landmass they find south of Northrend. With the aid of Wrathions long lost sister Patiencexia and Anduins long lost sister Anduinia the war once again ends with the reanimated corpse of Garrosh dying in some bunker he made under Undercity.

Last edited by Leviathon; 07-07-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 PM

Eternal

The Alliance says "Don't do that again" and leaves. Everything is fine because of one death. The end. Ultra realism.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:07 PM

Banished

After the Mantid die, the Alliance players meet up with Varian and friends, and he tells them to go aid the mighty Vol'jin and herald of the elements Thrall in battle, as he's too wounded to continue. Tyrande is there, holding his massive biceps in case he needs comfort. Gelbin is in the corner playing with some steam tank toys, naturally.

Horde players are sent directly to Vol'jin, who has regrouped with Saurfang and Thrall, and with a small army, they aim to end Garrosh's reign, once, and for ALL!

You fight and defeat Garrosh, and then Vol'jin comes in, piercing Garrosh's chest with an arrow, and Thrall finishes him off by bashing his brains in with Doomhammer. In comes Varian and friends to congratulate Thrall on his victory, and remark what a glorious day it is for the Horde. Thrall thanks him, and says that Varian has been a good lapdog.

Vol'jin is irritated by the presence of Alliance, so he tells them to fuck off. Likewise, Thrall's had enough of looking at those pink-skinned abominations and demands that they get the hell out of the city, prompting a cut scene of the Alliance scurrying out of Orgrimmar as fast as they can, with the rest of the Horde feasting and drinking to their victory, and Sylvanas can be seen in the background, raising fallen Alliance.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:19 PM

Hippogryph

I'm curious as to what's going to happen to all of the quests Garrosh appears in, assuming we do in fact kill him. I guess they could remove all of those quests but it would be a shame if they did.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsaurus_Rex View Post
I'm curious as to what's going to happen to all of the quests Garrosh appears in, assuming we do in fact kill him. I guess they could remove all of those quests but it would be a shame if they did.
And what if any of the Alliance leaders die? They'd have to remove all of the q.... oh.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsaurus_Rex View Post
Cata stuff doesn't matter since it's in its own time bubble. Anything dealing with Orgrimmar will just be altered or have the NPC phased (the PTR currently uses phasing for Grommash Hold to hide Garrosh).
Old 07-07-2013, 11:29 PM

Hippogryph

I guess phasing works. I do think it might be confusing for new players having Garrosh as warchief for 1-90 and then whomever the new warchief is for 90 onwards seeing as they weren't around for the Siege or anything.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

One thing I think would be really cool; but wouldn't come about until the next expansion, is an update to Org and SW reflecting the end of the siege.

Orgrimmar: Inspired by those "Ironhorde" files; Orgrimmar is now damaged from the battles; with destroyed/in construction versions of the Garrosh-type architecture. Some new, better made versions of the old Orgrimmar buildings return in The Drag.

Stromwind: The Park is rebuilt as "High Command"; a military establishment were soldiers of all races train, siege weapons are produced, ships are launched, and SI:7 sends out spy missions into Horde territory. If the Horde ever attacks again, the Alliance will be prepared. There will not be another Theramore.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:50 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
One thing I think would be really cool; but wouldn't come about until the next expansion, is an update to Org and SW reflecting the end of the siege.

Orgrimmar: Inspired by those "Ironhorde" files; Orgrimmar is now damaged from the battles; with destroyed/in construction versions of the Garrosh-type architecture. Some new, better made versions of the old Orgrimmar buildings return in The Drag.

Stromwind: The Park is rebuilt as "High Command"; a military establishment were soldiers of all races train, siege weapons are produced, ships are launched, and SI:7 sends out spy missions into Horde territory. If the Horde ever attacks again, the Alliance will be prepared. There will not be another Theramore.

You want an updated park or updated models? lol
Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post

Oh, so we won't lose another city?

That's comforting. I suppose.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:47 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
Oh, so we won't lose another city?

That's comforting. I suppose.
Man, an alliance-occupied zone of the city would be so cool. If only for a few months until another patch. Blizz really need to work on making Azeroth a living world. Troll/Goblin ghetto would be prime candidate, since no-one goes there, and the trolls will be something of an elite if Voljin is in charge and can move into the city proper.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:25 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshadowz View Post
and what if any of the alliance leaders die? They'd have to remove all of the q.... Oh.
HA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:33 AM

Eternal

What I want to happen: Thrall dies and Vol'jin & Varian dual-kill Garrosh. Varian forces the Horde to concede Gilneas, Arathi, Ashenvale and the Southern Barrens coast. How people like Sylvanas react to this is explored in the 5.5 Aftermath patch. Vol'jin becomes the new Warchief and Saurfang the new Orc leader. Formally, there's peace. But untill the Legion returns, it's practically more like a cold war.

What I think will happen: Only Garrosh dies (okay, maybe Saurfang because drama and he's really old), Vol'jin becomes the Warchief and Thrall the Orc leader. Varian doesn't demand anything from the Horde and formally there's peace but in practice, a cold war. The end.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:39 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

What I want:
The Horde is no longer ruled only by a Warchief. Now there's also a Peacechief, who handles everyday life, and a Spiritchief, who deals with spiritual matters. (Or whatever name you may want to give them.)

The Horde also agrees to move out of Arathi, Gilneas and Ashenvale and to stop using weapons like the plague.

What I expect:
The Alliance leaves and that's all.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 AM

Elune

Vol'jin becomes Warchief (it's too obvious)
Sylvanas leaves unharmed
The Alliance makes peace with Vol'jin
And they all live happily ever after...
Or do they?
BOOM! Next expansion!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

The ending is pretty obvious. Nothing in the greater world will change except for Garrosh's shoulder horns set up in either Org/SW, or the shrines, so that people can view the ending cinematic.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
The ending is pretty obvious. Nothing in the greater world will change except for Garrosh's shoulder horns set up in either Org/SW, or the shrines, so that people can view the ending cinematic.
Garrosh's armor pile as the trigger doodad for the end cinematic would be an effective tool. I just wonder if they'll be somewhere other than the Shrines area in SW/Org, because it feels like a trophy that Varian/Vol'jin/Thrall would want to be more visible.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:26 AM

The Sun King

Yes, this is about what you expect from the final ride, not what you necessarily want to happen. Just to check the expectations before the Siege starts.

Neither was it intended to be a contest in snarkyness against Blizzard, but meh.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Thrall better feel bad about his decisions, this was all his fault.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:35 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
^ I share this hope. I want more in-universe confirmation that while Thrall is a strong leader, has a charismatic personality, and brings out the natural power of his people... he is also a piss-poor judge of character.

(Similar things should happen with the Wrynns. A character flaw on some level that the writers acknowledge.)
Old 07-08-2013, 12:36 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
He won't. At most he'll say that Garrosh was a bad leader, but he won't blame himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
He won't. At most he'll say that Garrosh was a bad leader, but he won't blame himself.
They've shown a low-level of regret from him, I think, in Tides of War? That kind of makes me excited. I like him more as a character with those developments.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
They've shown a low-level of regret from him, I think, in Tides of War? That kind of makes me excited. I like him more as a character with those developments.
He goes into the rebellion thinking he has to kill a bunch of Orcs to get "his" Horde back. So eh. He has disappointment/anger in Garrosh but I really don't think he has any in himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:02 PM

The Sun King

Thrall did admit that misjudging Garrosh was his fault.

Tags
poll, survey, world of warcraft