Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 01-29-2020, 03:50 AM

Druid of the Talon

Angry Why Alliance is hostile toward Scarlet Crusade since vanilla?

Topic title.
I have never learnt it. Lordaeron continent is infested with Forsaken, Scourge and Burning Legion remnants and still there is the last bastion of humanity and the light strong enough to keep beign quite active.

Is Alliance that cuck?

I know that Scarlet Crusade is radical, but come on, hard times need hard men.

I don't understand what interest the House of Nobles had to declare war to them. Money and influences? It makes no sense. It's about safety of human race here. And you have no profit in Lordaeron when there are strong factions of filthy undead ravaging.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:12 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxWatcher View Post
Topic title.
I have never learnt it. Lordaeron continent is infested with Forsaken, Scourge and Burning Legion remnants and still there is the last bastion of humanity and the light strong enough to keep beign quite active.

Is Alliance that cuck?

I know that Scarlet Crusade is radical, but come on, hard times need hard men.

I don't understand what interest the House of Nobles had to declare war to them. Money and influences? It makes no sense. It's about safety of human race here. And you have no profit in Lordaeron when there are strong factions of filthy undead ravaging.

The Scarlet Crusade isn't just radical. They're "all non-human races are likely carriers of the undead plague and therefore kill-on-sight" radical. So the Alliance is hostile to the Scarlet Crusade because it's standard Scarlet policy to attempt to murder most of the Alliance.

Moreover that mindset came to encompass human outsiders as well; if you're not a Crusader yourself, even being human won't protect you from getting tortured and killed by the Crusade for being a potential agent of the Scourge.

For the entire time it was prominent the Scarlet Crusade (and later Scarlet Onslaught) had been controlled in one way or another by a dreadlord infiltrator, so they've always operated under increasingly aggressive and exclusionary pretenses that were, in all likelihood, designed to keep outsiders away so the demons would remain surrounded by indoctrinated zealots who were unlikely to question commands and potentially discover their identities.

I.e. the individuals in charge of the Crusade didn't want outside help because they weren't actually trying to defeat the Scourge and didn't want to risk being exposed as demons, so they deliberately kept the Crusade hostile toward the Alliance and the Horde.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:11 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

It would be interesteing if there were a faction within the Alliance, Stormwind and Lordaeronean exiles specifically, who were pushing for an alliance with the SC. Bit of a missed oppurtunity I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
I.e. the individuals in charge of the Crusade didn't want outside help because they weren't actually trying to defeat the Scourge and didn't want to risk being exposed as demons, so they deliberately kept the Crusade hostile toward the Alliance and the Horde.
Considering how the Balnazzar and Varimathras kept the Forsaken and the SC at each others throats, do you think they tried to infiltrate the Alliance as well?
Old 01-29-2020, 06:13 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Targaryen View Post
Considering how the Balnazzar and Varimathras kept the Forsaken and the SC at each others throats, do you think they tried to infiltrate the Alliance as well?
Hard to say; Varimathras might have with his Forsaken subordinates under the pretense of doing so for Sylvanas and the Horde, but Balnazzar couldn't really rely on Scarlets for such a thing because he couldn't have them knowing who he really was and why he'd want to disrupt the Alliance anywhere but within the Plaguelands itself.

The priority seemed to be maintaining a four-way back-and-forth between the Scourge, Forsaken, Scarlet Crusade and, to a lesser degree, Argent Dawn for the purpose of preventing any group from conquering and stabilizing the Plaguelands. Based on Varimathras' eventual betrayal it was likely geared toward eventually creating a Legion foothold there without having to deal with a single regional hegemony that could form an organized response.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:34 AM

Ranger

Just lazy writing so that the Alliance always faces the same raids as Horde.

Last edited by Cacofonix; 01-30-2020 at 02:36 AM..

Tags
hostile, house of nobles, oligarchy, politics, scarlet crusade