Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
While I know the out-of-universe answer (people wanna fap to curvy blue chicks), if Asari are attractive to multiple species, why do they so closely resemble attractive 21st century humans? They could just be blobs of flesh covered in ******s and use their biotic powers to mind control people into thinking they're attractive.
Is it weird that I dont find the Asari attractive? Or are we not supposed to IRL but our characters are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
it was quite a letdown that the returning characters in ME2 were the ones you were least close with/least important ones.
Tali and Garrus were my party in ME1. I was quite pleased with their return, although Garrus' in battle banter got really annoying.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Tali and Garrus were my party in ME1. I was quite pleased with their return, although Garrus' in battle banter got really annoying.
I meant on a general level, not a personal one. Neither of them were that important to the plot, not compared to Kaiden/Ashley(both part of the Alliance, possible love interest, willing to give their lives, pretty much your 2nd in command) and Liara(daughter of Saren's right hand, the key to unlocking the mystery of the protheans, love interest). While Wrex wasn't too important to the plot, he was definitly a fanfavorite and got voted as best sidekick iirc.
While Garrus and Tali were interesting characters, they weren't that important.

Also, could you wait a minute? I'm in the middle of some calibrations
Old 03-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Eternal

Quote:
While I know the out-of-universe answer (people wanna fap to curvy blue chicks), if Asari are attractive to multiple species, why do they so closely resemble attractive 21st century humans? They could just be blobs of flesh covered in ******s and use their biotic powers to mind control people into thinking they're attractive.
From Mass Effect wiki:
Quote:
In Mass Effect 2, a conversation occurs between a human, a salarian, and a turian who are watching an asari dancer. The men debate whose species the asari most resembles. Upon each forwarding their own race, the human theorizes that the asari might be using mind control to appear attractive to other species. It is more likely that the three men were merely focusing on characteristics their species shares with the asari (e.g., body shape for humans, skin color for salarians, head fringe for turians). All three men compliment the asari's flexibility and grace. This conversation implies that asari are considered attractive to many species, which would prove useful considering their method of reproduction. Mordin Solus postulates that the asari's cross-species attraction may be neurochemical in nature.
Also there is a new DLC coming up: Arrival

Last edited by AndyJP; 03-14-2011 at 04:15 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
From Mass Effect wiki:

Also there is a new DLC coming up: Arrival
I remember that supposedly there's going to be a stealth mission in it
Old 03-14-2011, 06:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
James T Kirk is their common ancestor but a mutation in the chick loving gene made them like blue chicks instead.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM

Elune

Just finished my first play through of ME2.

With out any guides I managed to get everyone out alive, well except the DLC guy since my xbox doesnt have internet to download it.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Just finished my first play through of ME2.

With out any guides I managed to get everyone out alive, well except the DLC guy since my xbox doesnt have internet to download it.
There are two DLC party members, or do you get Kasumi free? Zaeed is actually the likeliest mission to screw up on too. You have to let the fire kill everyone as you chase after whoever he was wanting to kill. Not very heroic!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 AM

Elune

Quote:
There are two DLC party members, or do you get Kasumi free? Zaeed is actually the likeliest mission to screw up on too. You have to let the fire kill everyone as you chase after whoever he was wanting to kill. Not very heroic!
I only knew of Zaeed, I have the little card to DL him, just no access. That and Liara being a temp party member in her DLC, or was that for ME1?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:09 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I only knew of Zaeed, I have the little card to DL him, just no access. That and Liara being a temp party member in her DLC, or was that for ME1?
You get Zaeed for free if you buy a new copy but you can also buy another DLC with another character, Kasumi. Both of them are permanent characters. Liara returns in Shadow Broker, but only for the course of that DLC. There's one more DLC that comes out in exactly a week, and then that's it until ME3.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Or just do his mission last, that way you'll have enough Paragon/Renegade points to do whatever you want and still get him on your side through persuasion. Though he's such a twat that it shouldn't really matter if he dies or not.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
Or just do his mission last, that way you'll have enough Paragon/Renegade points to do whatever you want and still get him on your side through persuasion. Though he's such a twat that it shouldn't really matter if he dies or not.
I don't really care about the paragon/renegade stuff it just happened to me on my first play-through, I thought I could help the people and get to the guy at the end. But at the end of the game, Zaeed was still alive anyway although I don't remember if I had him in my party or not.

When I did my renegade play-through I let everyone live except my crew because damned if I'm going to see Dr. Chakwas again.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:20 AM

Elune

The only member I had who wasn't loyal was Miranda. I completed her mission, but sided with Jack in the argument so she hated me.

She kept wanting to lead to the second party, I wouldn't let her though. She reeked of betrayal, and I was kind of waiting for her to kill me honestly.

Effing Denise Richards clone.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:37 AM

Eternal

So is anybody playing that "Arrival" DLC? It's already released, I know, holy shit right?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 AM

Site Staff - Admin

I like that Harbinger actually sounds pretty pissed off with humanity in Arrival. Also, I'm guessing that ME3 is either gonna begin on Earth or some Batarian prison judging from the ending.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
So is anybody playing that "Arrival" DLC? It's already released, I know, holy shit right?
I bought it yesterday but haven't played it yet. I bought it along with Leliana's Song, Witch Hunt, Lair of the Shadowbroker and The Exiled Prince. I'll probably be playing DA: O(with all the DLC)=>Awakening=>ME2(DLC)=>DAII(second playthrough).
I won't have a good internet connection next week, so I got that to keep me busy.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 AM

Elune

I played through the Overlord DLC this weekend. Good lord that was disturbing.

It was worse playing through a second time being able to understand what he was yelling through the static and grinding.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Site Staff - Admin

I CAME.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 AM

Elune

My friend and I are pretty sure Shepard was originally meant to be a joke character that extended to bad ass. In particular renegade Shepard. Just listen to some of his lines and tell me it's supposed to be a serious character.

I think the crowning moment of it was in the Shadow Broker DLC when he punches his fist and says "Time to do this the old fashioned way!"

Coupled with his ultra hammy speeches and snarky one liners.

Pure hilarity.

Don't get me wrong, he's still awesome, but I actually have trouble taking him seriously.

Quote:
"I- I dont have anything else to tell you Shepard!"
*Throws through window*
"How about 'Goodbye'?"
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM

Eternal

I want more love for femshep!
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:50 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

The hammyness is what makes me like Shepard.

Ashley seems to have obtained huge... tracts of land in the time between her appearance in ME2 and ME3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM

Elune

No Tali?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:27 AM

The Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Ashley seems to have obtained huge... tracts of land in the time between her appearance in ME2 and ME3
Is her right arm cybernetic, or is her sleeve just abnormally stiff there?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
The hammyness is what makes me like Shepard.

I knew it was a good idea not to cheat on Ashley , she's smokin'!

I find it odd that it says Mordin Solus might returning, considering that if anyone of your party died during the last mission it was Mordin 9/10.

The line-up in that article further confirms my suspiction that because of the nature of the ME2 story(suicide mission), the return of those characters in a major role is unlikely.

Last edited by Reyson; 04-08-2011 at 10:42 AM..
Old 04-08-2011, 10:20 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

I didn't have any romance in ME1: Mostly because I somehow fucked things up with Ashley but it wasn't a big deal because I actually didn't like the character too much. Plus, I've got Miranda, which means I don't need to worry about childrens.

When does this issue of game informer hit the shelves?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Pleased that Garrus is going to be a squadmate again, will be interesting to see what the unrevealed ones are!

Tags
andromeda, bioware, ea games, mass effect, rpg, scifi, video game cutscene, video games