Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-24-2019, 03:47 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
It doesn't matter what the game is after 20. It's so damn boring I lost interest before getting there. Retail is certainly not that, at ALL levels. If the best defense is "wait, it will get less boring"... it's really damn broken. It's not supposed to be boring! Ever! What was it that Hitchcock said? Something along the lines of "you start with an earthquake, and then the tension rises".

And I stop "taking in the world" after about the sixth time I have to run by the same damn trees, getting jumped by the same damn wolves. It's still a scenery. But now it's a scenery that is starting to frustrate me.
What retail is is an arcade hall simulator. Everything is just a button press away, easily available, without a hassle. Like adding a coin in an arcade. Want to play PvE? Add a coin and you're playing a dungeon. Want to play PvP? Add a coin and you're playing a battleground. Want to level up quickly? Just add a coin and you'll be decked out in full heirlooms making it a breeze. Don't want to level up at all? Add a coin (literally) and you'll be max level. It's like running from arcade game to arcade game, playing different, pointless mini-games with instant gratification in the form of cheap tokens and shiny rewards.

An RPG is not a thrilling Hitchcock movie. It shouldn't follow the same philosophies.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:00 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

No, it's not a Hitchcock movie, but it definitely should not bore you into quitting. Every good game keeps you hooked the entire time. If you have to tell me "but wait, it gets better", you already screwed up.

And I don't get this about "everything being a button press away". What, you saying the game is easy? As opposed to Molten Core which has recently been beaten by people under level 60, and obviously undergeared? Classic just puts a lot of fake walls to make the game seem longer and like it requires more effort. All it requires is just time. Grinding and grinding. Yeah, the real WoW still has a lot of grinding. But at least I get to do what I actually want to do and not dread logging in because I will have to hold W for 15 minutes before I get to have fu- before I get to stand in front of a mob and drink coffee IRL.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
What retail is is an arcade hall simulator. Everything is just a button press away, easily available, without a hassle. Like adding a coin in an arcade. Want to play PvE? Add a coin and you're playing a dungeon.
I'd take on-demand raiding over having to wait for a specific time in the week in order to kill a boss any day.

Right now if you want to go fight Azshara you just need to use group finder and there you have it.

Before on-demand raiding? You had to be either on a guild or be lucky enough to be selected by one of the few groups that were doing the content at the time you were on ON YOUR SERVER, because cross-realm anything wasn't a thing back then. So basically if you ever felt like "oh guess I'll kill Azshara now" it either was coincidentally on raid time or you would have to wait a long time.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:47 AM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I'd take on-demand raiding over having to wait for a specific time in the week in order to kill a boss any day.

Right now if you want to go fight Azshara you just need to use group finder and there you have it.

Before on-demand raiding? You had to be either on a guild or be lucky enough to be selected by one of the few groups that were doing the content at the time you were on ON YOUR SERVER, because cross-realm anything wasn't a thing back then. So basically if you ever felt like "oh guess I'll kill Azshara now" it either was coincidentally on raid time or you would have to wait a long time.
Krainz why the fuck do you come in this thread every day just to bitch about how you don't like classic or to try and make it look worse to other people

You have said all of this a million times. Go the fuck to another thread that pertains to your interests then. Nobody wants to see pages of you complaining about this game.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:43 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Exclamation

Shandris, looking at the OP, this seems to be a thread to discuss World of Warcraft: Classic, including both its negative and positive aspects; true or merely perceived.

You are more than welcome to open a new thread focussing only on sharing your positive WOW: Classic experiences with other players and point off-topic posters to this (or other more appropriate) threads.

But ease up on the cussing.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:06 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I don't see how talking about on-demand raiding is "bitching at Classic" at all.

EDIT:

Quote:
There's a lot of cool stuff that, you know, the team was playing WoW Classic too, just like everybody else, and you know, there's some really cool philosophical things that we can look back on in Classic and say, “Man there's some really cool stuff there.” And so it's more about, like, taking the lessons of Classic and looking how they, you know, some of them might apply to the game but in a way that fits, you know, Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands. So it's been really great for us as a team to see that and see what people react to.
Interesting. (Source)

Last edited by Krainz; 11-04-2019 at 07:53 AM..

Tags
classic wow, world of warcraft