Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-02-2019, 01:29 AM

Huntress

After reading a reddit post I have an idea that the Jailer is the original source of the Lich King's power. Demons aren't known for mastery of undeath, but the Nathrezim do like to delve where they really shouldn't. They were basically void cultists before they joined the Legion after all. So they dig around in the Shadowlands, find the Jailer, and essentially steal fire from the gods, siphoning his powers while using his command of the undead as a blueprint for their own Lich King.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Kael'thas Sunstrider, who pursues vengeance on an enemy from his past while confined to Revendreth for the crimes he committed in life.

Guess Blizzard wants to shit on Kael more.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
After reading a reddit post I have an idea that the Jailer is the original source of the Lich King's power. Demons aren't known for mastery of undeath, but the Nathrezim do like to delve where they really shouldn't. They were basically void cultists before they joined the Legion after all. So they dig around in the Shadowlands, find the Jailer, and essentially steal fire from the gods, siphoning his powers while using his command of the undead as a blueprint for their own Lich King.
The jailer does use a helm (or has a head, who knows) that looks a lot like the Helm of Domination.

Maybe they'll use one of the Arthas Lich King concept arts for him? The one in which Arthas body fused with his armor?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-02-2019, 05:28 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
I really hope they don't pull off an Illidan on Arthas.
they will redeem kael'thas, not arthas
Old 11-02-2019, 05:36 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Only the original races! I hope Ion will fulfill his promise to give blue eyes to the blood elves
Do you say that because you genuinely want to play a Horde high elf?

Because, otherwise, that sounds like a really spiteful thing to wish for, considering that a subset of Alliance fans has been asking for playable high elves since the core game was in development and that high elves have been members of the Alliance since Warcraft 2.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Kael'thas Sunstrider, who pursues vengeance on an enemy from his past while confined to Revendreth for the crimes he committed in life.

Guess Blizzard wants to shit on Kael more.
How's that shitting on him? Looks like they're redeeming him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:47 AM

Eternal

Guess I spoke too soon. I just found out Revendreth is WoW Purgatory.

In any case, is Sylvanas really gungho with the Jailer or is she gonna pull an Azshara?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:28 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Do you say that because you genuinely want to play a Horde high elf?

Because, otherwise, that sounds like a really spiteful thing to wish for, considering that a subset of Alliance fans has been asking for playable high elves since the core game was in development and that high elves have been members of the Alliance since Warcraft 2.
I want thematic eyes for my characters, hunter blue, green DH, golden paladin.

there are blood elves with blue eyes in the lore recognized by developers as lanesh
Old 11-02-2019, 10:08 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
But if they bring it up, it can be pretty interesting.
Yes, it would be. Sorry if I'm too negative, Blizzard's writing will do that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
I want thematic eyes for my characters, hunter blue, green DH, golden paladin.

there are blood elves with blue eyes in the lore recognized by developers as lanesh

Yeah, I think the blue eyes look nicer too, and go well thematically with a hunter or mage.

Last edited by Mungo; 11-02-2019 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 11-02-2019, 10:12 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Yes, it would be. Sorry if I'm too negative, Blizzard's writing will do that to you.
Yeah, that's one of the major reasons I've given up the WC lore.

There were many interesting plot that could be used as future setup, but Blizzard simply discard them and retcon whenever they thought of something new.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:33 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yeah, that's one of the major reasons I've given up the WC lore.

There were many interesting plot that could be used as future setup, but Blizzard simply discard them and retcon whenever they thought of something new.
BfA was the last straw for me.

And since the only feature that caught my eye so far is character customization, I'm considering it's time for me to stop.

Old 11-02-2019, 11:58 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post

And since the only feature that caught my eye so far is character customization, I'm considering it's time for me to stop.
I think the new leveling system is very interesting!
Old 11-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:

I keep saying I need to stop as well. I haven't been subscribed in a year in a 1/2 since I left for FFXIV(though I'm on break from that as well). But I still keep popping in too see what's up.

The new character options and leveling really have me interested as well. I keep trying to leave and they pull me back in!

On the official forums, I keep seeing people mentioning that Shadowlands will have 4 factions. What's up with that? Is it true?
Old 11-02-2019, 01:04 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: JulianPatel#1800

Quote:
On the official forums, I keep seeing people mentioning that Shadowlands will have 4 factions. What's up with that? Is it true?
Thery're something called 'Covenants'. From what I gather they're something like the Aldor/Scryers, but a four way choice instead of two.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I keep saying I need to stop as well. I haven't been subscribed in a year in a 1/2 since I left for FFXIV(though I'm on break from that as well). But I still keep popping in too see what's up.

The new character options and leveling really have me interested as well. I keep trying to leave and they pull me back in!

Not factions in the sense of Horde/Alliance.

They're NPC groups you need to ally with. Choosing one gives you an active class power, a generic utility and access to a different campaign, special upgradeable mount and transmog.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:15 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

https://blizzardwatch.com/2019/11/02...w-shadowlands/

Quote:
Right now, Allied Races aren’t getting any new customization options (understandably so). However, the team talked about how Forsaken will finally be able to cover their bones if they want and that doing so will mean armor no longer has a break at the elbow or knees! Another exciting customization option being added is tattoos and other features that will allow Dwarves to appear as part of the Wildhammer clan.
Meanwhile at the Q&A panel they said to expect a lot of blood elf customizations.

I pray we endure the shitshow.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
https://blizzardwatch.com/2019/11/02...w-shadowlands/

Meanwhile at the Q&A panel they said to expect a lot of blood elf customizations.

I pray we endure the shitshow.
That severely devalues the only feature I was looking for.

My two main characters are from allied races, and I'm not satisfied with either.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Arch-Druid

More than 40 customization options for blood elves
Old 11-02-2019, 06:42 PM

Critter

Was there any discussion of an 8.3.5 and what the final two allied races will be?
Old 11-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSapien View Post
Was there any discussion of an 8.3.5 and what the final two allied races will be?
No, and from the looks of it I'm guessing there's no 8.3.5 nor any allied races planned.

8.3 will probably be BfA's last patch.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:48 PM

Critter

Quote:
No, and from the looks of it I'm guessing there's no 8.3.5 nor any allied races planned.

8.3 will probably be BfA's last patch.
That's interesting, I guess they had a hard time thinking of Undead/Worgen allied races, or maybe the updated customization options rendered the need for additional allied races mute from their perspective.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

8.3.5 is probably gonna be the prelude prepatch, with new heritage armor.

Also I am happy that we aren't getting Lightbound Undead Allied Races. But I am sure we will get more Allied Races in the future.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:21 AM

Eternal

Seeing Sylvanas take down the Scourge and Bolvar legit annoys the hell out of me, and the whole breaking the Lich King's helm and ripping a hole into the Shadowlands just came out of nowhere.

I kind of assumed the scope of the Lich King's power and dabbling into necromancy was what made the barrier between the physical and Shadowlands so thin that he needed to use his power to keep the barrier from literally breaking apart; so breaking his helm disrupted that. But even if I'm somehow right, or there's some other explanation, it's so out of left field.

That being said, the Shadowlands are looking kind of interesting, even if not what you'd expect given how it was described before, and the new factions definitely look very interesting at first glance. Hope it turns out to be good.

Also, Kael was mentioned to being there? That's interesting. Wonder who's that enemy he's pursuing? Maybe Arthas. I'd actually like it if they started using them both, especially since I assumed Arthas would play a role against Sylvanas. Not gonna lie, I'd also love it if they tried redeeming Kael a little, even if blizz is horrible with redemptions.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.

Last edited by Royalpimp; 11-03-2019 at 01:34 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 01:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
...my poor, poor Scourge.

Why do they insist on continuing to make the Scourge into something they're not.

They were a weapon forged by Kil'jaeden & Tichondrius in order to subjugate the mortal forces of Azeroth in order to make it easier for the Burning Legion to invade Azeroth. They rebelled because of Arthas, Kel'thuzad and Ner'zhul wanting independence and autonomy. This is such a basic concept for a race and they've made it SO complicated.

Now the Scourge are like... tied to some other dimension, and Sylvanas discovered it, and the Helm of Domination that contained Ner'zhul's spirit

What even is this.

I'm SORT of excited about some elements of this expansion. I'm kind of intrigued how they're going to do the new leveling experience... (I hope there's SOME new elements at least in old world Azeroth, so we can get a sense for the current world state).

But boy do I hate where they've taken the Scourge. This wasn't even necessary I don't think.
That is my main takeaway too, it is just so unnecessary. I am not even sure if you caught the worst of it, Ian said that there is a retcon and the Legion no longer built Ner'zul's helm and sword but some older Shadowlands entity we will get to meet.

And I was just whyyyy, it is so stupid and unnecessary. Retcons are an absolutely Godawful "tool." Can you imagine Tolstoy retconning his books? And they use it for no reason at all, just because tying things together caught their fancy for a moment. Fucking guppies, they are by far the worst authors I have ever had the displeasure of following.

Ripping the helm up and letting all those souls could conceivably shred the already weak veil over ICC, no need to tie the helm to the Shadowlands directly. It is just so unnecessary, gah!
At least it seems they remember the bit that if there is no LK the Scourge will run rampant and that will be the pre-expansion event, ofc instead of being the world ending threat it will be a nuisance for the heroes and a speed bump, nothing more. Which makes sense btw, a defeated and leaderless Scourge should be little threat, it is the WotLK ending that made no sense and was perhaps the first great lorelol but it happened and now when the Scourge is mopped up easily it will just grow.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:57 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
That is my main takeaway too, it is just so unnecessary. I am not even sure if you caught the worst of it, Ian said that there is a retcon and the Legion no longer built Ner'zul's helm and sword but some older Shadowlands entity we will get to meet.
This is so dumb. Why.

I guess they just wanted to have this goofy fight where the Lich King and Sylvanas are flinging rocks at eachother and they fake-out Sylvanas putting the Helm of Domination on.

It's so cheap. Introduce something new. Do something new. I know they want to tie every expansion into the last one for some... indecipherable reason. Which isn't even remotely necessary either.

They literally could have just had us team up with the Lich King because he feels like the warden of death or something. If they really wanted to reintroduce them.