Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-04-2018, 05:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
My Dwarf Warlock has it as well, I think it's just a graphical glitch going on.
Same my dwarf and troll both have the white VW.

I really hope that it is a graphical glitch. Since they are taking away my Infernal for my gothelf, she will end up using the glyph'd VW as her main.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Lilian go home, you're drunk and forgot you hate undead.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:47 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
She turns on the horde and kills sylvannas to become the new leader of the Forsaken
Old 04-05-2018, 03:27 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
No undead hates undead. All undead serve Sylvanas. It is known.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alonsus Faol shows up next leading a Forsaken Blight Brigade or something like that.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:32 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Default "Leonid and Lilian, sitting in a tree, S.L.A.Y.I.N.G.... the Forsaken"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
She turns on the horde and kills sylvannas to become the new leader of the Forsaken
Me: Help us General Voss, you're our only hope.
Blizzard: *stops snorting coke off Sylvanas' tits* wasn!?
Me: Help us General Bartholomew, you're our only hope.
Blizzard: Isn't Barth dead? From the Death Knight starting area?
Me: Help us Thrall, this is all your fault anyway
Blizzard: We can't use Thrall, Metzen isn't coked up enough.
Me: So who IS gonna help us? Who will light our darkest hour?

Baine. Baine Bloodhoof.
He's got the touch.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:43 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Considering that Lillian is a horde exclusive follower in the rogue order hall, and mentions in the Alliance rogue mount quest that she'll handle assassinations in Alliance territories as they'll see her as a Horde invader and thus not put suspicion on the Uncrowned, I think the idea is that the rogue campaign is how she joined the Horde. Possibly just so the Uncrowned would have a high ranking mole, like their ties to Matthias and SI:7 in the Alliance.

Also, one of the interviews explained how Warfronts will work and an Arathi Highlands revamp.

Arathi is getting updated to resemble the Warfront version, and will work like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad, where the winning faction gets to go there and do exclusive quests and world bosses.

Each week the warfront will open with one side as the attacker and the other as the defender on a region-wide basis. The attackers will always win (to prevent one faction from controlling the new Arathi 100% of the time), giving them access to quests and world bosses in Arathi for the next 5-7 days when the Warfront opens again.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 04-05-2018 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 08:12 AM

Arch-Druid

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...es-August-14th

And we got an official release date.

August 14th, 2018

That's way sooner than expected.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...es-August-14th

And we got an official release date.

August 14th, 2018

That's way sooner than expected.
So, 8.0 prepatch in July?

3 months from now? Sounds crazy.

Something tells me they'll release an unfinished version (probably cutting out some max level content) and a 8.0.5 patch two-three months after release.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-05-2018, 08:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Not necessarily.

- Basicially, in term of World Questing the visa verse Zones will be the End Game Content for the factions.

- Then there is the Stromgarde Warfront.

- The First Raid will opened about a month after release, as always.

And then the 77-ish patch cycles will begin. (Maybe they revamp something again, like they did with Kara.)
Old 04-05-2018, 09:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post

Arathi is getting updated to resemble the Warfront version, and will work like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad, where the winning faction gets to go there and do exclusive quests and world bosses.
So this is going to be PvP now?

Quote:
Each week the warfront will open with one side as the attacker and the other as the defender on a region-wide basis. The attackers will always win (to prevent one faction from controlling the new Arathi 100% of the time), giving them access to quests and world bosses in Arathi for the next 5-7 days when the Warfront opens again.
And let me guess: Since we have two Warfronts, the roles will be switched meaning, while one faction is attacking Arathi, they're defending on Kalimdor and vice versa?
So what's the incentive to ever take part in defending?
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017

Last edited by spidey1980; 04-05-2018 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 09:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Oh that's interesting.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Is that going to be the shortest content drought ever?

Also I don't believe Blizzard is going to finish KulTiras/Zandalar AND rewrite the bad Alliance quests in only three months.

Gurzog seems to be right about BFA.

Also my cloak
Old 04-05-2018, 09:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
And let me guess: Since we have two Warfronts, the roles will be switched meaning, while one faction is attacking Arathi, they're defending on Kalimdor and vice versa?
Nope, only Arathi will be there at release. Other Warfronts will be patched in.
(No surprise, since the Arathi Warfront Terrain got already sandboxed weeks ago, while we basically got nothing about the Barrens one.)

@Quests: They arn't that bad. Preach is exagerating.

And yes, I'm calling out Preach, since afaik he was the major Youtuber ,who said Alliace Questing sucked and hated Tiragarde Sound. (Nixxiom and Belluliar for example love it.)

Personally, I liked Tiragarde Sound, besides being unfinished and being stuck on some questslines, because some quests are buggy. But this is nothing that can't be fixed.

Last edited by Vineyard; 04-05-2018 at 09:27 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 10:02 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Is that going to be the shortest content drought ever?
Depends; if you share my feelings about the Broken Grind, Argus and World Quests in general it might just be the longest one.

Speaking of; i'm sure the internal stuff is further ahead but what i've seen from the Beta so far hasn't exactly blown my socks off content-wise - looks like another round of nothing but World Quests for max level, some fake PvP instead of the fake RTS they promised, some Scenarios just without story.... i'm starting to wonder what i'm supposed to do in BFA now that i don't even have Class Order Campaigns to level alts for. August isn't a good thing. It means they look at this and think it's fine.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 04-05-2018 at 10:06 AM..
Old 04-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Eternal

Quote:
(No surprise, since the Arathi Warfront Terrain got already sandboxed weeks ago, while we basically got nothing about the Barrens one.)
So each week, one faction doesn't get all the WQs and stuff in that zone?
I can smell the shit show on the forums already.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 04-05-2018, 10:18 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Considering that Lillian is a horde exclusive follower in the rogue order hall, and mentions in the Alliance rogue mount quest that she'll handle assassinations in Alliance territories as they'll see her as a Horde invader and thus not put suspicion on the Uncrowned, I think the idea is that the rogue campaign is how she joined the Horde. Possibly just so the Uncrowned would have a high ranking mole, like their ties to Matthias and SI:7 in the Alliance.
Isn't Matthias only loosely affiliated with the Uncrowned? There's still the whole Stormsong attack, which may involve necromancy. Then there's also Garona, who doesn't have a good reason to side with Sylvanas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:32 AM

Eternal

I'm curious about something: how does WoW's development work? Is the BfA team the same one that did WoD? Is the Legion team the same one that did MoP? Because I'm starting to notice a pattern here in regards to which expansions I'm fond of and which I'm not.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:38 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:

@Quests: They arn't that bad. Preach is exagerating.

And yes, I'm calling out Preach, since afaik he was the major Youtuber ,who said Alliace Questing sucked and hated Tiragarde Sound. (Nixxiom and Belluliar for example love it.)

Personally, I liked Tiragarde Sound, besides being unfinished and being stuck on some questslines, because some quests are buggy. But this is nothing that can't be fixed.
We're four to five months out from release if the August release date is to be believed. I've never been sympathetic to the "Alpha is Alpha" as a reply to "This needs to change before it makes it to Beta or the live game", but the short time frame just piles on.

This expansion has problems. A cursory look at any forum at this point tells us that most people see that it has problems. Allied races are viewed as skewed, Preach has a lot of valid points that are difficult to dismiss on the quality of Alliance content (which I'll remind you isn't limited or even dominated by discussion on bugs or definitely unfinished content) We still don't know who took what or who even did it. That and Blizzard just today is trying to convince the Horde player base that Sylvanas isn't evil because she's "doing it for her people". (Well, guess we can pull Hitler out of hell then can't we?)

If there are intended to be changes, then Blizzard needs to put up or revise their deadline. If there aren't, then yes it is fair for people to start working this information into their buying decisions - and do not for a second tell me "oh, it will be fixed in the next patch, or the next one, or the next expansion, or seven years from now". Usually, unless it's a flat out bug, it doesn't get fixed, the last eight years should have demonstrated that.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 04-05-2018 at 12:05 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Yeah it's like Blizzard is determined in making this the BC/Cata/WoD expansion.
Don't worry in the next expansion every NPC will berate you for participating in this petty faction conflict when great threats menace Azeroth.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:02 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
We're four to five months out from release if the August release date is to be believed.
They held an entire press conference to announce the release date, and opening the battle.net launcher makes a big splash screen of the release date that prevents you from launching any games until you click it off. If they're that committed to August 14th, then it would take an absolute catastrophe to get them to change it.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 04-05-2018 at 01:04 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 01:12 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

tbh the questing experience is far more fun in bfa than in legion. broken isles was just shit for alts. (aside from valsharah, closely followed by i dunno.

shame homever we will probably not get any suramar like zones
Old 04-05-2018, 01:17 PM

Arch-Druid

It are four months.

Lots of time.

And the BC/Cata/WoD comparision doesn't fit, because neither Expansion had their release dates already revealed that early. (Plus, why is BC suddenly "bad" only to fit into that idiot "even number" pattern.

Cata had problems because they ran out of time, because they had to revise more quest/terrain than they thought. Heck, they even revised the Human/Undead starting Zones less than 2 months before the Pre-Release Patch.

WoD had similar problems, with at least two zones to be heavily redesigned.

The only expansion that also had a month of redesigns and no such problems was MOP. (People forget that some major parts of the early Jade Forest Questing were designed, with some heavy terrain changes.)

Plus, I can't imagine, that Blizzard would be so careless to announce a release date, if they wouldn't know what they are doing.

And again, IT'S ALPHA. Heck, Boralus still has the PH stuff that IGOD had reported last week.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:45 PM

Arch-Druid

I'm quite worried as well. I don't think this can be pulled off well. I hope I'm wrong.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 04-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'm quite worried as well. I don't think this can be pulled off well. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think Blizzard is deaf to concerns. A week ago, I sent the devs a tweet about something as trivial as my concerns over Zandalari Dire Trolls appearing to have had their hind toe deliberately removed. Latest build, and that toe was glued back on.

Blizzard wants to deliver a quality product. Trust in the troll toe.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:03 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

It looks to me like they cut alot of stuff (mostly azerite stuff)

The stuff about zandalari not being at launch makes sense given their finale on alpha.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft