Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-13-2013, 05:25 AM

Elune

Retcon Varian being responsible for everything. I know it comes across as typical Stormwind/King Chin bashing but I'd use this point even if it was Tyrande or Velen. My biggest gripe throughout the entire Dwarf storyline post-Wrath is that much like the rest of the Alliance they're depicted as squabbling man-children who need Varian to remind them what to do. Blizzard give the Dwarves great ideas, then butcher it.

Council of Three Hammers? Excellent idea. Not so good? They can't even come up with it themselves and need Anduin/Varian to do it. Worst part of The Shattering by far. If Muradin or even say... Rohan discussed it first, then Anduin maybe said "Hey that's a great idea!" it would have been fine.

Blood in the Snow? Better, but it still stinks of Varian, because apparently the Dwarves need SI:7 Agents and King Chin to remind them of Shimmer Ridge (and apparently one holdout of Ice Trolls is a MASSIVE THREAT?). The whole concept of them squabbling and Moira setting them straight was fine, but the problem was that once again a good idea (unification, Moira developing into less of a prick), bad in that only King Chin can get them to do anything even if it was less forced and hands on than The Shattering it's still present. That, and Moira is quickly becoming another cheerleader for the High King. pls stahp.

Also, why haven't we heard anything about Khudran in WoD? Presumably he'd be with Khadgar also. With the Dwarves now more powerful than ever and Stormwind taking the brunt of Northrend/Alliance-Horde War then it would be great to see the Dwarves leading the charge into Draenor this time, with Stormwind only supplying more of a token force by comparison (even though I won't hold my breath).

Last edited by Drusus; 12-13-2013 at 05:27 AM..
Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
I don't think that was Volkrin... IIRC, all relation to SOL was Thunderbraid being angry at the fact that the ass-rapist had the same helmet as his character.
Volkrin said that it was him.

He also said that the artist didn't quite capture his magnificent hairdo's beauty.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Volkrin said that it was him.

He also said that the artist didn't quite capture his magnificent hairdo's beauty.
Volkrin was just doing his creep act.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:33 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Volkrin was just doing his creep act.
I know.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:36 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Retcon Varian being responsible for everything. I know it comes across as typical Stormwind/King Chin bashing but I'd use this point even if it was Tyrande or Velen. My biggest gripe throughout the entire Dwarf storyline post-Wrath is that much like the rest of the Alliance they're depicted as squabbling man-children who need Varian to remind them what to do. Blizzard give the Dwarves great ideas, then butcher it.

Council of Three Hammers? Excellent idea. Not so good? They can't even come up with it themselves and need Anduin/Varian to do it. Worst part of The Shattering by far. If Muradin or even say... Rohan discussed it first, then Anduin maybe said "Hey that's a great idea!" it would have been fine.

Blood in the Snow? Better, but it still stinks of Varian, because apparently the Dwarves need SI:7 Agents and King Chin to remind them of Shimmer Ridge (and apparently one holdout of Ice Trolls is a MASSIVE THREAT?). The whole concept of them squabbling and Moira setting them straight was fine, but the problem was that once again a good idea (unification, Moira developing into less of a prick), bad in that only King Chin can get them to do anything even if it was less forced and hands on than The Shattering it's still present. That, and Moira is quickly becoming another cheerleader for the High King. pls stahp.

Also, why haven't we heard anything about Khudran in WoD? Presumably he'd be with Khadgar also. With the Dwarves now more powerful than ever and Stormwind taking the brunt of Northrend/Alliance-Horde War then it would be great to see the Dwarves leading the charge into Draenor this time, with Stormwind only supplying more of a token force by comparison (even though I won't hold my breath).
Love everything about this post.

I've touched on this before (think it was in another thread);I don't dislike Varian as a rule. But it's shit like this, exactly as you describe, that causes so much of the Alliance fanbase to rage at WolfGodKingChin. Blizzard seriously need to stop it. (I won't hold my breath either.)
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I know.
Then why must you make people think less of him, by implying it was the truth?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Then why must you make people think less of him, by implying it was the truth?
I thought it was obvious that he didn't do any raping.

The Scrolls of Lore's lore must be transmitted to the newer generation.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Love everything about this post.
Oh stop it you :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I've touched on this before (think it was in another thread);I don't dislike Varian as a rule. But it's shit like this, exactly as you describe, that causes so much of the Alliance fanbase to rage at WolfGodKingChin. Blizzard seriously need to stop it. (I won't hold my breath either.)
Likewise, I'm actually weirdly fond of Varian as a character. Most likely it's just holdouts of me loving his Wrath-perspective of calling the Horde out on its shit, and whilst I do loathe his new semi-Anduin ways I still can't bring myself to dislike him on the basis that it's Blizzard shoehorning him into everything and being the mouth piece of "Lol lets have peace XDD". I hate his actions, not the character is that makes any sense at all.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:03 AM

Eternal

The United Kingdom of Dwarves should start throwing in more political weight regarding Alliance matters. They're in a pretty strong position, perhaps even stronger than Stormwind, provided they stop squabbling among themselves.

For the Bronzebeards, they pretty much have their original territories under their thumbs. Even in terms of gameplay, the contested Wetlands don't really have any Horde presence.

For the Wildhammers, they gained new territories and clans in the Twilight Highlands during Cataclysm. The Twilight Hammer is gone. With the Dragonmaw possibly annihilated and the Garrosh's War over, the Horde don't really have any reason to stay there.

For the Dark Irons, the only real threats to their lands are the Twilight-aligned Dark Irons and the Dark Horde. Hell, even the Horde forces there are more focused on the Dark Horde. With Garrosh's War over, the Horde don't really have any reason to stay there either.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

Tags
all dwarves must thrive, best race, dwarven politics, dwarves, ironforge, moira, muradin, shadowforge