Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3976  
Old 09-05-2015, 09:38 AM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Do you want a rebuilt park, or a new raid?
They're mostly doubling down on the "not enough resources" excuse still.
  #3977  
Old 09-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Vaximillian Vaximillian is offline

Eternal
Vaximillian's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Loredaeron
Posts: 2,690
BattleTag: Vaximillian#2212

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
They're mostly doubling down on the "not enough resources" excuse still.
Do they even have enough resources for that?
  #3978  
Old 09-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,991

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
They're mostly doubling down on the "not enough resources" excuse still.
I know this might be considered a heretic thought, but what if developers really do not have enough resources? They are not the ones who dictate the size of the budget and therefore the size of the team, that is something that top management of Blizzard does. So when they as developers say they do not have enough resources, they might be telling the truth. Why they do not have them even if they could is a different story, but the fault for that does not really lie with developers themselves either.
  #3979  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,997

Default

I want a Kanai's Cube in WoW. I could always go blademaster!
  #3980  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

warlords was the best expansion to date.
  #3981  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
I know this might be considered a heretic thought, but what if developers really do not have enough resources? They are not the ones who dictate the size of the budget and therefore the size of the team, that is something that top management of Blizzard does. So when they as developers say they do not have enough resources, they might be telling the truth. Why they do not have them even if they could is a different story, but the fault for that does not really lie with developers themselves either.
Well they told us they doubled the teams sizes and we are gettin less and less than much smaller teams put out in the past which they blamed on having to get all of these new people up to speed... So more resources = less content and features blamed on not enough resources.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
  #3982  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Marthen Marthen is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,991

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Well they told us they doubled the teams sizes and we are gettin less and less than much smaller teams put out in the past which they blamed on having to get all of these new people up to speed... So more resources = less content and features blamed on not enough resources.
Since you said they blamed it on the integration of new people, I will assume you have been talking about the WoD situation. Well, about that, we actually do not know if Legion will have less content and features than WoD. They did not announce everything and even with what we saw, it seems Legion will have more content and features. Now, we do not know how many things will get shafted, but since we will not know that until 7.0 hits live, saying that Legion will have even less than WoD is really an assumption. And the fact that Stormwind Park remains a hole is completely unrelated to that, as even with it being still ruined, Legion might have alot more content than WoD. Also, from developer standpoint, what exactly would that Park do to engage players? It is not a feature, it is not a content that would engage players in some kind of activity and it is completely unrelated to the expansion itself.

Last edited by Marthen; 09-05-2015 at 11:03 AM..
  #3983  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,997

Default

True, repairing the park is a waste of time, unless it actually serves a purpose other than simply repairing it.
  #3984  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Torch Torch is offline

Eternal
Torch's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,279
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
True, repairing the park is a waste of time, unless it actually serves a purpose other than simply repairing it.
So does a lot of faction specific frippery. Like updating Orgrimmar did.

Or they could cut out a couple of cosmetic rewards and give Stormwind back its park. I think most Alliance players would like that, even just because it shows that Blizzard don't actually completely fail to give a shit about them.
__________________
"Terrorism, a job for lazy people and wankers"

If I die, blame it on BfA
  #3985  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Moonrunner Moonrunner is offline

Demon Hunter
Moonrunner's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Montpellier
Posts: 497

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
True, repairing the park is a waste of time, unless it actually serves a purpose other than simply repairing it.
Ofc it serves a purpose as this city still need a high elven quarter
  #3986  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

>People still care about stormwind and its park.
  #3987  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Gilneas > Stormwind

In fact, other human kingdoms > Stormwind
  #3988  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,997

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
Ofc it serves a purpose as this city still need a high elven quarter
If the Alliance ever gets playable high elves, that would be a good reason to repair the park. Leave the park as it is, until the real estate is actually needed for something meaningful.
  #3989  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
Ofc it serves a purpose as this city still need a high elven quarter
I think you mean Half-Elves.

That said, they probably are saving it for next expansion's race.
  #3990  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

THEY wont fit dalaran in their (since dalaran is where it belongs. in a neutral position.
  #3991  
Old 09-05-2015, 01:18 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

I want Stormwind updated only because I think the actual world of WoW deserves more attention rather than being forgotten about because expansions, expansions, expansions. But most folks want this game as static as possible it seems.
  #3992  
Old 09-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Barlie Barlie is offline

Mountain Giant
Barlie's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 225

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I want Stormwind updated only because I think the actual world of WoW deserves more attention rather than being forgotten about because expansions, expansions, expansions. But most folks want this game as static as possible it seems.
As much as you guys like to circlejerk about Blizzard resources, updating the Stormwind Park at a time like this would an incredible waste.
  #3993  
Old 09-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

when the expansion is about stormwind they should update it, that is when the expansion continent is in stormwind .
  #3994  
Old 09-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

To be fair, Stormwind is always a major player in various expansions because Stormwind Humans are the central face of the Alliance. Anduin is also going to be a major character in this expansion and I think there's no time like the present to see Stormwind rebuild its power in order to prepare for the invading Legion threat.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 09-05-2015 at 05:43 PM..
  #3995  
Old 09-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

The stormwind park was rebuilt but it got destroyed by the legion. It was beautiful curse those guys!


: The legion is invading to arms my armies!

: Rebuild the park!!!!!

Alright that sounds logical Get back men we will have to wait with pushing the Burning legion that is invading right now. I will send my letter to Vol'jin immediately *signs may this Demon lord take you all*


: YAY WE DID IT THE PARK IS BEING REBU-...


Last edited by Gurzog; 09-05-2015 at 06:10 PM..
  #3996  
Old 09-05-2015, 06:12 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
As much as you guys like to circlejerk about Blizzard resources, updating the Stormwind Park at a time like this would an incredible waste.
So when should it happen? In the next Cata-level world revamp? Cuz I don't really see that ever happening again.
  #3997  
Old 09-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
The stormwind park was rebuilt but it got destroyed by the legion. It was beautiful curse those guys!


: The legion is invading to arms my armies!

: Rebuild the park!!!!!

Alright that sounds logical Get back men we will have to wait with pushing the Burning legion that is invading right now. I will send my letter to Vol'jin immediately *signs may this Demon lord take you all*


: YAY WE DID IT THE PARK IS BEING REBU-...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah0kjRsEzBU
Is this your wishful thinking?

I could easily see the park being rebuilt into something else, like an airship base that could be used as staging grounds against the Legion.
  #3998  
Old 09-05-2015, 06:25 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Or the park was just rebuilt over the years since Cata.

Or during when WoD takes place. It's not like Azeroth was under threat.
  #3999  
Old 09-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Or the park was just rebuilt over the years since Cata.

Or during when WoD takes place. It's not like Azeroth was under threat.
True, it would make sense.

There's too much close-mindedness when it comes to opposing this, Blizzard can absolutely update the Park area and there are absolutely ways to make it relevant to the expansion. Just like updating old content was made relevant in other expansions.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 09-05-2015 at 06:35 PM..
  #4000  
Old 09-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Is this your wishful thinking?

I could easily see the park being rebuilt into something else, like an airship base that could be used as staging grounds against the Legion.
I might have given the alliance too much power it is obvious the horde alone could kill off the legion =).
Closed Thread

Tags
demon al dente, elves arent people, expac, eye of kilrog, illidan must stay dead, jaina going to die, kill all super friends, leg expansion, wow legion

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.