Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-30-2015, 01:39 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

TWO WORLD ONE HOME

makes me laugh how the warcraft movie seems to gloss over the whole "orcs killed their own planet by sucking on the demon juice and genociding every other race that lived there" for "OUR WORLD IS DYINNNNG" from durotan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:48 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
TWO WORLD ONE HOME

makes me laugh how the warcraft movie seems to gloss over the whole "orcs killed their own planet by sucking on the demon juice and genociding every other race that lived there" for "OUR WORLD IS DYINNNNG" from durotan
Are you seriously complaining they didn't cram all of this exposition into the movie's tagline or trailer? Really?

You people would bitch about the stupidest things when there's nothing serious to complain about.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:50 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Are you seriously complaining they didn't cram all of this exposition into the movie's tagline or trailer? Really?

You people would bitch about the stupidest things when there's nothing serious to complain about.
not complaining about the tagline

just saying that from what we've seen there's nothing in the movie of any thing other then the poor orcs world is dying for no reason
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

just saying that from what we've seen there's nothing in the movie of any thing other then the poor orcs world is dying for no reason
There was a leaked shot of imprisoned draenei, though it was not in the trailer.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:54 AM

Elune

Quote:

Really? Are you just gonna pretend now that you didn't know that Gul'dan is in the movie?
Old 11-30-2015, 02:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
Really? Are you just gonna pretend now that you didn't know that Gul'dan is in the movie?
he is in the movie but we don't know how he is going to be portrayed
Quote:
Old 11-30-2015, 02:04 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

So female draenei can probably be portrayed with some makeup (like Garona is), but do you think male Draenei would be CGI'd or would they just be played by normal dudes? That'd make them significantly scrawnier than orcs though.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
So female draenei can probably be portrayed with some makeup (like Garona is), but do you think male Draenei would be CGI'd or would they just be played by normal dudes? That'd make them significantly scrawnier than orcs though.
would probably need CGI for male draenei, and unlike most people now a days who have some kind of hatred for cgi, I see no problem with this
Quote:
Old 11-30-2015, 02:26 AM

Eternal

Quote:

The trailer, leaked scenes and interviews make it pretty clear that Gul'dan (and arguably Blackhand as well) is a bad guy. Probably, alongside Medivh, even the bad guy. And one of the interviews sort of implied that he, together with his magics, is responsible for the state of Draenor. The thing is that they do not want to spoil that for the average moviegoers, so they leave it ambiguous.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
he is in the movie but we don't know how he is going to be portrayed
As I'm sure you know, Gul'dan has been pretty much the most consistently evil and villainous character in the entire franchise, having even less redeeming qualities than Sargeras, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Deathwing (the Old Gods may be an exception, but they also feel less like individuals with personalities to begin with). There's really no question as far as Gul'dan's portrayal is concerned. A real worry would be blaming everything bad the orcs did on Gul'dan.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegrune View Post
As I'm sure you know, Gul'dan has been pretty much the most consistently evil and villainous character in the entire franchise, having even less redeeming qualities than Sargeras, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Deathwing (the Old Gods may be an exception, but they also feel less like individuals with personalities to begin with). There's really no question as far as Gul'dan's portrayal is concerned. A real worry would be blaming everything bad the orcs did on Gul'dan.
Just a little correction. Will do, not did. What happened in the Gameverse does not apply to the Movieverse.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:04 AM

Eternal

Quote:
TWO WORLD ONE HOME

In the orc's defence, almost none of them actually knew why their world was dying. They first went genocidal on the Draenei because they were told that the Draenei were planning to do something that would kill them all. Hell, most orcs didn't even know about the demons behind the Shadow Council before they were on Azeroth.

Quote:
My guess is if they used motion capture for the orcs, they would for the Dreanei.

What does this have to do with Legion again? I thought there was a separate movie thread.

Last edited by Lutinz; 11-30-2015 at 03:06 AM..
Old 11-30-2015, 03:11 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
What does this have to do with Legion again? I thought there was a separate movie thread.
And I thought you had enough the last time I slapped your shit for questioning me. This shit is my game. I own it. I own you.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:31 AM

Eternal

Quote:
And I thought you had enough the last time I slapped your shit for questioning me. This shit is my game. I own it. I own you.
O.o

That's not very hygienic. Wash your hands well afterwards if your going to do that.

The question was one more generally directed rather than just at you.

Last edited by Lutinz; 11-30-2015 at 03:34 AM..
Old 11-30-2015, 03:46 AM

Banished

Just going back to the 5 Year Timeskip thing; if it's true, it's a fucking stupid decision.

I agree having a new "World Ending Threat" every 12-18 month is retarded, but 5 YEARS with zero changes to the world (Gameplay and Lore) is laughable.

If they want to do a timeskip like that, they need to invest in the game with phasing and new quests. We all know they won't do that, period, so they shouldn't even consider a timeskip of that size.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:01 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Just going back to the 5 Year Timeskip thing; if it's true, it's a fucking stupid decision.

I agree having a new "World Ending Threat" every 12-18 month is retarded, but 5 YEARS with zero changes to the world (Gameplay and Lore) is laughable.

If they want to do a timeskip like that, they need to invest in the game with phasing and new quests. We all know they won't do that, period, so they shouldn't even consider a timeskip of that size.
LOL. Imagine the Park still rekt after 5 years.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Here is a for you, Mr. Frog.

Even if there is no timeskip at all, we already 4 years with zero changes to the world, as the old continents are in the exact same state as they were during Cataclysm. Using the "if there is a timeskip, world should be changed, otherwise it is completely retarded" as an argument is completely senseless by itself, because whether there is a timeskip or not, without any changes to the world, it will be completely weak and dull anyway.

Last edited by Marthen; 11-30-2015 at 04:07 AM..
Old 11-30-2015, 04:09 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
LOL. Imagine the Park still rekt after 5 years.
Even a silly excuse like "Stormwind's bureaucracy made it impossible to build it for 5 years. Humans, am i right?" would do it for me.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Even if there is no timeskip at all, we already 4 years with zero changes to the world, as the old continents are in the exact same state as they were during Cataclysm.
>Implying this is fine and not something I and others have discussed before

Kek

Blizzard's utter lack of care when it comes to immersion and consistency is pathetic, the only thing worse is the drones that defend it.

Even so, I stand by my comment, even with their usual "standards" 5 YEARS without a single change to the world is laughable.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:36 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Kek

Blizzard's utter lack of care when it comes to immersion and consistency is pathetic, the only thing worse is the drones that defend it.

Even so, I stand by my comment, even with their usual "standards" 5 YEARS without a single change to the world is laughable.
At this rate, I will roll my eyes out of their place.

Do you understand what the words dull and weak mean? It means that I am implying it is already completely "retarded", as you have beautifully put it. Now, as I believe that you are not braindead, I am pretty much positive you have discussed this to no end, as it is something that would bother even a lobotomized chicken, but as it is completely irrelevant to the point of mine, there was not need to bring it up.

Now, since you completely missed the point, let me reiterate. The point is that the world is completely senseless anyway, so having a time skip will not make things any worse. And having four additional years of nothing does not matter either, as most chances should and would happen in the first four years, not in those four years of peace time that would follow.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:37 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
TWO WORLD ONE HOME

ayyyyy you're not assed anymore!

Though take my advice, maybe post that in the more relevant thread and possibly calm down a bit more with the caps lock so you don't risk another assing.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:

Kek

So while I'm someone who appreciates the Warcraft lore and the importance of immersion/consistency in the game world, I guess I have to be one of those mindless drones who are going to defend Blizzard on this one.

Immersion and consistency alone aren't going to get the 5 million people who quit during Warlords playing again. I would love for Blizzard to improve their in-game storytelling and I've seen many things between Pandaria and up to Legion that show they can pull off some cool story concepts. But looking back instead of forward really makes no sense for Blizzard considering the state of the game right now. In my opinion, it wasn't the lore that made Warlords of Draenor a failure. And I think a majority of players are fine with lore and story taking a backseat as long as Blizzard gives us the gameplay we desire.

I'm sorry it triggers some people that the Stormwind Park is still fucked, but can those people not understand that there are more important things that need to be addressed? There is no gameplay value to the Stormwind Park so unless they shoehorned some shitty artifact quest into its revival, why would they spend the time redoing it? I just want Blizzard to give me a reason to consistently log in and have fun with the time I spend on the game.

Last edited by Barlie; 11-30-2015 at 04:50 AM..
Old 11-30-2015, 05:00 AM

Eternal

Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms are stuck in Cataclysm. A time skip is not going to change that; they are 4 years behind the lore already, making them 9 years behind isn't going to feel much different.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
and a worgen
You mean Eadrik? He got killed by one of Maiev's cohorts sacrificing himself to save Jarod.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:32 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

you sure know alot of the worgens that get killed in stupid books.

"A WORGEN DIED THIS INFURIATES ME TO NO END IT IS NOW MY MISSION TO ERADICATE ALL HORDES ASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFASFAS FASFASFASFASFASFASFASF"

while you play a dwarf. just lol.

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone