Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2014, 07:22 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
I thought we had already established that The Clone Wars is a horribly acted, horribly animated, horribly scripted show. Why do you care.
Genndy's Clone Wars were worse. It was just a bunch of mindless action without any character growth or depth. That, and it was really hokey looking. It was like the Prequel Trilogy, all flash and no substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Genndy's Clone Wars were worse. It was just a bunch of mindless action without any character growth or depth. That, and it was really hokey looking. It was like the Prequel Trilogy, all flash and no substance.
No, CW is super cool.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:46 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
No, CW is super cool.
I observe that you think that anything and everything Star Wars-related is cool, no matter how weird or bad it maybe for most people.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:59 PM

Eternal

I have said this once and I'll say it again:

It could be last minute change due to Disney policy in phasing out the EU, which can be easily worked aroud by having the EU say "in the end this happened and the name was changed"). Also there is the possibility that this so-called "ancient homeworld of the Sith" is "a" homeworld. It's worth noting that as far as GL himself is concerned, the Sith apparently only started with the New Sith Wars that ended with the Rule of Two. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clone Wars goes with that timeline and establishes Moriband as the planet where Darth Ruin officially declared his rebellion against the Jedi. That way the statement of Moriband being the homeworld of the Sith would be true from the G-Canon point of view, and all the Sith history from the Old Republic era would still go untouched. As for the "Ancient" quote, 2000 years old is pretty damn ancient. The Moriband issue is a big one, yes, but lets not get our knickers in a twist just yet. Many many planets within Sith Space have been labelled the "homeworld" of the Sith, including Korriban, Ziost and Dromund Kaas.

Yes Korriban has been confirmed as the "official" homeworld, but only by outside sources. Establishing Moriband as an alternate homeworld or the original homeworld would not conflict with EU. Even renaming Korriban with Moriband is do able. The Republic wins the SWTOR story and renames the planet, or have a SWTOR patch reveal Moriband as the capital of Korriban or as a very large temple.

The only people who have named it Moriband so far are some ancient force entities probably dating back to the Celestials, who is to say the name has not yet changed? This will be a job for the Story Group. Be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
I will forgive Genndy for this through, it is supposed to be taken in context of EU but not work well as a standalone.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 02-26-2014, 01:05 PM

The Sun King

I'm getting tired of those fucking trekkies in the tag section.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:18 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
I have said this once and I'll say it again:

It could be last minute change due to Disney policy in phasing out the EU, which can be easily worked aroud by having the EU say "in the end this happened and the name was changed"). Also there is the possibility that this so-called "ancient homeworld of the Sith" is "a" homeworld. It's worth noting that as far as GL himself is concerned, the Sith apparently only started with the New Sith Wars that ended with the Rule of Two. I wouldn't be surprised if the Clone Wars goes with that timeline and establishes Moriband as the planet where Darth Ruin officially declared his rebellion against the Jedi. That way the statement of Moriband being the homeworld of the Sith would be true from the G-Canon point of view, and all the Sith history from the Old Republic era would still go untouched. As for the "Ancient" quote, 2000 years old is pretty damn ancient. The Moriband issue is a big one, yes, but lets not get our knickers in a twist just yet. Many many planets within Sith Space have been labelled the "homeworld" of the Sith, including Korriban, Ziost and Dromund Kaas.

Yes Korriban has been confirmed as the "official" homeworld, but only by outside sources. Establishing Moriband as an alternate homeworld or the original homeworld would not conflict with EU. Even renaming Korriban with Moriband is do able. The Republic wins the SWTOR story and renames the planet, or have a SWTOR patch reveal Moriband as the capital of Korriban or as a very large temple.

The only people who have named it Moriband so far are some ancient force entities probably dating back to the Celestials, who is to say the name has not yet changed? This will be a job for the Story Group. Be patient.

I will forgive Genndy for this through, it is supposed to be taken in context of EU but not work well as a standalone.
Randomly browsing "theforce.net". Come across this:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/t...#post-51354190

Proceed to laugh my ass off, seeing as I saw a post from SPK on the same site earlier in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:36 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post

Really, all I have to do is add "star trek" to the Star Wars threads and "star wars" to the Star Trek threads. Because when the chips are down, these... civilized people? They'll eat each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:50 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Well, at least we don't say something like Star Wars sucks of something that the Star Wars say in the tags.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:13 AM

Eternal

We can confirm that Moraband/Moriband is NOT the Sith Homeworld but A Sith Homeworld. The revelation that Moriband/Moraband/whatever is simply the burial site of Darth Bane should once and for all refute the idea that TCW has "ruined" KOTOR canon with the name change ONCE AND FOR ALL. I can see why Bane would want Zannah or Cognus or whatever to bury him in some random planet and not Korriban---to separate the Rule of Two away from the rest, all those inferiors that think power can be divided amoung an army of Darkness.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 03-07-2014, 08:51 AM

Elune

Isn't this show supposed to go on Netflix soon?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
We can confirm that Moraband/Moriband is NOT the Sith Homeworld but A Sith Homeworld. The revelation that Moriband/Moraband/whatever is simply the burial site of Darth Bane should once and for all refute the idea that TCW has "ruined" KOTOR canon with the name change ONCE AND FOR ALL. I can see why Bane would want Zannah or Cognus or whatever to bury him in some random planet and not Korriban---to separate the Rule of Two away from the rest, all those inferiors that think power can be divided amoung an army of Darkness.
This is satisfactory but how do you know?

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 PM

Banished

The retcons are stupid, and I think the Jedi knew too much about Sidious/Order 66.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Eternal

A great finale to the PT era! Very symbolic. Korriban is still Korriban with Moriband/Moraband being just another name and it really looked like KOTOR/SWTOR era Korriban.

Very symbolic and actually tied in with the EU IMO. We see why we have beings like Marka Ragnaros and Freedon Nadd persisting after their deaths, the Sith believed there is nothing for them after death so they use rituals to preserve their spirits. Darth Bane looked...different. However I like how the spirit illusion looked because it, also represented, with the armor the ancient Sith Lords as well, making it the personification of the Dark Side to some extent, and the burning visage is very much a representation of what happened to his body.

The final battle with Sidious is a representation of how the movie Saga ends. Only by saving Anakin instead of Striking down Palpatine was the Sith defeated, Anakin's illusion entire actions were based on his final turn to the dark side by Palpatine, and in saving Anakin, both Palpatine and Yoda falls off--the death of the Old order of Jedi and the Sith. The fact that Yoda couldn't find out who Sidious is when he opens the hood demonstrates two things: From the PT, the fact that the Jedi will never see what was in front of them, that they will never find out who the Sith is and Palpatine wins, but at the same time, from the lens of the OT, it may also symbolize oblivion, the end of the Banite Sith, and for Lucas, the Sith itself---the Darkness will win---but it will be extinguished.

The voices at the end from the OT, the twins being born, Yoda's last words, Vader's breathing---shows that even in Darkness, there is hope.

BTW, is Rex destined to be killed by Dooku?

Old 03-08-2014, 05:39 PM

Banished

I don't see let the Jedi knowing too much is consistent with the story of EP III.

Also TCW let me feel the connection between the arcs and the character development are weak, the timeline was a mess. Like in Season 6, it looked like Maul, Mandalore's crisis and Ahsoka's departure never happened or didn't affect the characters. It would not be weird if we switch the order of the arcs.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Eternal

Somehow I didn't realise the episodes were released yet, heh.

Quote:
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Somehow I didn't realise the episodes were released yet, heh.
Same. (Didn't want to watch them in German.)

So... what do you guys think about Jar Jar's girlfriend?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 AM

Elune

question : so are the kaminoans evil then? since they consult with dooku about order 66 and all that?
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Same. (Didn't want to watch them in German.)

So... what do you guys think about Jar Jar's girlfriend?
That was honestly the only part part of this season that I wasn't crazy about. I don't hate Jar Jar and I think he made a good foil to Windu in those episodes but it's a bit too silly when he's involved in something. I guess it's good to loosen up a bit sometimes but eh.

That being said I loved this season overall, particulary the last episodes with Yoda. That little green dude is great whenever he appears but having the focus on him is even better. I liked that he seemed to get along to Anakin, though it was a bit weird because in the RotS novel it was stated that Anakin had always felt that Yoda viewed him more coldly than he did the others, like he didn't approve of him, but the continuity is already kind of botched so screw it. I enjoyed his 'visions' as well, especially the part with Ahsoka, looks like he does feel a bit guilty about her trial.
One thing that bugged me is the vision where Shaak Ti was killed by Grievious like in a cut scene from the movies. Not that I'm crazy about Shaak Ti but I suppose this means that, as far as the CW continuity goes at least, Starkiller doesn't exist (or he kills some other Jedi Master).

Overall this season makes me sorry that they're not continuing the show, which is something I never thought would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
question : so are the kaminoans evil then? since they consult with dooku about order 66 and all that?
I wouldn't say evil so much as coldly pragmatic and uncaring. They don't seem to really be malicious. I imagine they see it as just another part of the task that they got paid for.

Quote:

Last edited by Royalpimp; 03-13-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM

Banished

Quote:
They are businessmen.

Quote:
That was honestly the only part part of this season that I wasn't crazy about. I don't hate Jar Jar and I think he made a good foil to Windu in those episodes but it's a bit too silly when he's involved in something. I guess it's good to loosen up a bit sometimes but eh.

That being said I loved this season overall, particulary the last episodes with Yoda. That little green dude is great whenever he appears but having the focus on him is even better. I liked that he seemed to get along to Anakin, though it was a bit weird because in the RotS novel it was stated that Anakin had always felt that Yoda viewed him more coldly than he did the others, like he didn't approve of him, but the continuity is already kind of botched so screw it. I enjoyed his 'visions' as well, especially the part with Ahsoka, looks like he does feel a bit guilty about her trial.
One thing that bugged me is the vision where Shaak Ti was killed by Grievious like in a cut scene from the movies. Not that I'm crazy about Shaak Ti but I suppose this means that, as far as the CW continuity goes at least, Starkiller doesn't exist (or he kills some other Jedi Master).

Overall this season makes me sorry that they're not continuing the show, which is something I never thought would happen.

I wouldn't say evil so much as coldly pragmatic and uncaring. They don't seem to really be malicious. I imagine they see it as just another part of the task that they got paid for.
I still think the last season further increased inconsistency of the story, especially the Jedi knew WAY TOO MUCH about Order 66, the connection between Dooku and the clones and the presence of Sidious.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 03-13-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 09:59 AM

Elune

shame this isn't canon now because Disney.

also, since I never watched much of the series, what happened to ahsoka, she was cute.

and are those actual horns or a headdress?
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-13-2014, 10:05 AM

Banished

Quote:
shame this isn't canon now because Disney.

also, since I never watched much of the series, what happened to ahsoka, she was cute.

and are those actual horns or a headdress?
Horns.

Personally I don't dislike TCW but I don't enjoy them either, mostly due to them created a lot of retcon with the EU and worse, the overall Prequel era plot and characters became inconsistent. Like Maul's return was one of the best arcs of TCW, but bring a long dead character back really affected the consistency and seriousness of the story. Using Durge would have been much better, he hates both the Mandalore and Obi Wan.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Elune

ok.

tho some eu stuff was silly, like the comic saying jedi cant love or they`ll accidently blow up the planet their on.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
I liked the episodes, but at the same time, I think they might have been greater without him. They focused too much on his antics and too little on the interesting society of those bird-people. Still, I guess even without him that wouldn't have received much more attention.

Anyways, four more episodes left to see.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:03 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Worst season so far. None of the episodes have been interesting so far. Killing off the clones you've grown to love in such a stupid way around almost "leaking" order 66?
Meh. I'm on the Jar Jar episode. Haven't gotten to watch it yet as he's not a favorite of mine.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
cartoons, star trek