Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 07-08-2014, 03:41 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post

I love demons because they perfectly embody cunning, power, knowledge, and corruption. One can enslave them, consume them, become one of them... There are just so many more advantages to siding with them, than fighting against them.
you mean apart from the fact they would use you up and spit you out first chance they get.
Actually what is the bigger threat to anyone following demons is the plot catching up to them to kill them.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 AM

Archer

I really like demons, and hope that the Burning Legion will return as the main villain in Warcraft 'verse.

However I think that demons should appear to us as powerful and very dangerous. I never liked how in the War of the Aincents trilogy, Eredars almost became "redshirts". IIRC in TBC (at least at the beginning of the expansion), every Eredar and every Annilihan was an elite. I think that's the way to reflect, gameplaywise, that those to demons are supposed to be VERY powerful.

I'm ok too to "sex-based" metamorphosis, but not race-based.

I hope that the Council of the Black Harvest is not simply forgotten, but will return into a Legion-based expansion.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:34 AM

Eternal

I used to like the Legion.

Back when I thought that The Legion=Chaos and The Titans=Order and that the Legions philosophy was "Return the universe to it's naturally chaotic state" I really liked them.

Ofcourse, since their philosophy (I think?) is to "scour all life from the universe" I'm no longer really a fan of them.

I'm more a fan of the Old Gods now.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:18 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
I used to like the Legion.

Back when I thought that The Legion=Chaos and The Titans=Order and that the Legions philosophy was "Return the universe to it's naturally chaotic state" I really liked them.

Ofcourse, since their philosophy (I think?) is to "scour all life from the universe" I'm no longer really a fan of them.

I'm more a fan of the Old Gods now.
Sargeras is the only one who sees Chaos as the natural state of the universe. His minions only care about killing.

I am a big fan of the Cthulhu Cycle, so I am fine with the Old Gods. Their influence is more subtle than that of the Legion and I assume that they are an even bigger threat than Sargeras.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:28 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticCrow View Post
Sargeras is the only one who sees Chaos as the natural state of the universe. His minions only care about killing.

I am a big fan of the Cthulhu Cycle, so I am fine with the Old Gods. Their influence is more subtle than that of the Legion and I assume that they are an even bigger threat than Sargeras.
I don't know. The Old Gods seem to be as subtle as a sledgehammer. Of course, the same can be said of the Legion, pre WoD.

Their cults aren't any better. How many cultists actually had the sense to stay hidden and not reveal their allegiance?
Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Keep in mind that we're normally going into their bases to kill them, and that there are quests that involve uncovering them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:55 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Keep in mind that we're normally going into their bases to kill them, and that there are quests that involve uncovering them.

Edit:
Let's talk Sargerai.

So... we found out that most BC Eredar are in fact draenei who turned on their brethren, and if they did so as early as they did in the AU, we must ask ourselves, 'why did they join the Legion when their race still ahd a fighting change and all was not lost, yet?'

Now, imagine that the answer is simply that these people always harbored these feeling, and that they didn't simply jump ship out of desperation. That a sizable group of draenei are actually Legion sleeper agents, simply waiting for a chance to contact their corrupted brethren in order to join them. If that is the case, did they all get weeded out during the rise of the Horde, or are there still some of them hiding amongst the PC faction? Considering that some PC faction draenei joined the Scourge and TH, I'd say that the latter is more likely than the former. That would also explain why nobody noticed that Sironas was actually a man'ari Eredar. Maybe she hadn't even been fel-corrupted before reaching Azeroth, despite working for the Legion.

Edit:
I had forgotten the dialogue you have with the blood elven captive stating that Sironas, as a demon, has been living amongst the draenei for years. Like Othaar, she probably can cloak her fel energy, so the Draenei security is too lax, and warlocks and demons with enough skill/resources might be able to do so too. So... yeah, sleeper agents and real agents hiding amongst the AU draenei are a real possibility, as are draenei warlocks.

(BTW, thanks Millenia. )

Last edited by Nazja; 07-12-2014 at 03:00 AM..
Old 07-12-2014, 06:42 AM

Wisp

1.) I like demons because of their association with the occult, as mentioned a while ago. There's something about learning knowledge not accessible to many others, especially knowledge/power that is seen as forbidden or taboo.

2.) Demons affiliated with a group, or on their own, are both pretty cool if done well. My concern, as was also mentioned on the first page, is that a lot of the demons we're seeing are just grunts for the Legion. It'd be nice to see more intelligent demons in the game who aren't dungeon/raid bosses, or the main bad for a quest or zone.

3+4.) I would love to see a group of fel-taint-free demons in MU Outland that were cured by Illidan. I want to see them outside the setting of the Black Temple, maybe returning to Legion outposts and taking them over. Maybe they have the knowledge to re-activate the portals we shut down, and they return to a world (or worlds) and share the knowledge to others of how to rid themselves of their fel taint. (Of course, this would require another army of demons to attack the Black Temple, if the only cure is the Shrine.)

5.) I wouldn't mind playing a demon. I'd prefer to play as man'ari, but then we'd be getting into high elf/blood elf territory in terms of racial similarity.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:15 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

So, out of curiosity, if you had to choose, what would you guys prefer?
  • More Legion lore or more independent demon lore? If the latter, what would you like them to be called?
  • More Black Harvest lore or more lore dealing with other covens/cults/groups? If the latter, what would you like them to be called?
Old 07-20-2014, 09:22 AM

Elune

If they're independent, why do demons need their own faction? I want to know more about the demons within the legion more than the legion itself.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:37 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
If they're independent, why do demons need their own faction? I want to know more about the demons within the legion more than the legion itself.
Yeah I'd like to see some demons pre corruption.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
  • More Legion lore or more independent demon lore? If the latter, what would you like them to be called?
  • More Black Harvest lore or more lore dealing with other covens/cults/groups? If the latter, what would you like them to be called?
More Legion lore. I'm really hoping for a short story that's a day in the life of Kil'jaeden, set sometime in the past (or now if he's recovered from Sunwell.) I want to see what a typical Legion invasion looks like when it's not against the Most Plot Protected Planet in the Universe. Maybe have them invade and destroy a modern Earth-like planet that has decent technology but no magic, see what they can pull off when they don't have demigods and dragon aspects or sentient pools getting in the way.

Normally I'm not that interested in Warlock lore but the return of Gul'dan is pretty exciting. I'm really hoping he gets loose in the MU and does some quality scheming/damage.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
More Legion lore. I'm really hoping for a short story that's a day in the life of Kil'jaeden, set sometime in the past (or now if he's recovered from Sunwell.) I want to see what a typical Legion invasion looks like when it's not against the Most Plot Protected Planet in the Universe. Maybe have them invade and destroy a modern Earth-like planet that has decent technology but no magic, see what they can pull off when they don't have demigods and dragon aspects or sentient pools getting in the way.
People murdered in painful ways, their souls devoured or enslaved in hellish artifacts, horrific torture and finally an earth shattering kaboom.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

I'd like some short stories dealing with the demon races before they turned into demons/joined the Legion. Wouldn't it be interesting to know how the sayaad were originally?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Wouldn't it be interesting to know how the sayaad were originally?
''Souls damned to an eternity of lust. Upon death their soul shows their true colors. Selfish hedonists who lived for nothing but pleasure both physical and spiritual. Many sayaad were noble elves who lived during the golden days of the Kaldorei Empire.''
Old 07-23-2014, 04:24 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
''Souls damned to an eternity of lust. Upon death their soul shows their true colors. Selfish hedonists who lived for nothing but pleasure both physical and spiritual. Many sayaad were noble elves who lived during the golden days of the Kaldorei Empire.''
By Thrall's international intimates, that sounds like canon. You got an insider source, eh?
Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Elune

Y'all know that succubi aren't defined by just the sex right? They're also torturers.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Arch-Druid

Succubi also seem to have a bit of free agent thing going on. Some of them act independently and even choose to work for mortals.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

WarCraft 3 B.net Eyeball Yup, that's why I think that they might be interesting, as spies and torturers.

Quote:
Y'all know that succubi aren't defined by just the sex right? They're also torturers.
By depriving people of sex.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:35 PM

Elune

I want to think that they are their own alien race. Even if we've seen some mortals turned into them. Shivarran are what I want to know about. I get the feeling they're a gift for the most devoted. Also Felguards and why they look different from the rest of their species.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-23-2014, 05:41 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I want to think that they are their own alien race. Even if we've seen some mortals turned into them. Shivarran are what I want to know about. I get the feeling they're a gift for the most devoted. Also Felguards and why they look different from the rest of their species.
My usual assumption is that theyve been turned by Sargeras or The Legion in general to be designed as the clone troopers for war.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
''Shivarra, a race known for being highly religious. The society is ruled by women. Male Shivarran have no rights and are used for hard labor and breeding. The Shivarra worshiped an idol which embodied the fel magic they used. With the coming of Sargeras the Shivarra realized the idol showed in person before them so they became even more zealous and followed him in his infernal crusade without question.''
Old 03-13-2015, 07:08 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

You know what I dislike about demons? That Blizzard turned them into dæmontrophes. I was fine with Satyr being able to turn anyone into members of their race because Satyr aren't night elves on fel. Their transformation was a special case.

Now, Blizzard made it so you can be transformed into corrupted sayaad or ered'ruin without being a pure sayaad or ered'ruin. Why did we even learn the name of the original species if anyone can turn into the fel variant? Does this mean that the same rules apply to non-demons? That a human could be transformed into an elf?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
People murdered in painful ways, their souls devoured or enslaved in hellish artifacts, horrific torture and finally an earth shattering kaboom.
They perfected the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eillas
Succubi also seem to have a bit of free agent thing going on. Some of them act independently and even choose to work for mortals.
I consider the succubi and the rest of the demons a warlock uses more as spies than true free agents. It's more like the demon has subcontracted him/her/itself to the warlock, but remains primarily bound to the Burning Legion.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:50 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

I like how Demons are made up of beings from other Worlds which gives light to explore more in the universe.

As for playable demons. Mo'arg and Gan'arg seem cool enough to become playable.

Quote:
Both.

Tags
dark council, demons, felbloods, heretics allowed, heretics only, illidari, legion, sargerei, warcraft