Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

Old 11-10-2015, 02:19 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
So for the record, are these trolling spoilers, or actual ones? WoW forums already spoiled part of the story for me.
Actual spoilers.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Fucking hate you all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:25 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

the cinematic is real. I am at the last mission but due to being unable to play as terrans I call it a night. Most of the stuff is true.

Fenix gets revived as a robot sort of or well his memories get uploaded into one.

you retake and kick amons ass.

Kerrigan becomes a xelnaga, by merging with one like apparently amon did(?) just someonthing he says. You unite the Protoss and recreate aiur. and later face (this is before the kerrigan part) Ghost tassadar that appeared to Zeratul was infact a xelnaga using tassadar to "troll" (Fishing term I think, youknow moba stuff you lure ) Zeratul into this prophecy stuff to kill amon. So She merges with a xel naga called ouros and then you (also narud is still alive but you kill him (stukov launches a fel blast)) The xelnaga ouros merges with kerrigan and then the ending occurs.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:29 PM

Elune

Quote:
So for the record, are these trolling spoilers, or actual ones? WoW forums already spoiled part of the story for me.
its real. cinematics are up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:

Fenix gets revived as a robot sort of or well his memories get uploaded into one.Kerrigan becomes a xelnaga, by merging with one like apparently amon did(?) just someonthing he says. You unite the Protoss and recreate aiur. and later face (this is before the kerrigan part) Ghost tassadar that appeared to Zeratul was infact a xelnaga using tassadar to "troll" (Fishing term I think, youknow moba stuff you lure ) Zeratul into this prophecy stuff to kill amon. So She merges with a xel naga called ouros and then you (also narud is still alive but you kill him (stukov launches a fel blast)) The xelnaga ouros merges with kerrigan and then the ending occurs.
I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the incoherence of your summary feels very appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I'm about to cry they brought back Fenix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I'm about to cry they brought back Fenix.
Good tears or bad tears?
Old 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

last 6 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the incoherence of your summary feels very appropriate.
I just wrote it as i disabled my brain.

The campaign is fun though.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:04 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

So I need to finish HotS, it seems. By the way, is it just me or did some of the cinematics look like they were lower quality, in comparison to the WoL and HotS cinematics?

Was that the ghost of Kerrigan? Is Jim dead now too?
Old 11-10-2015, 03:36 PM

I like how the Dark Templar are all up in your face about preserving and fighting for their culture, while Artanis can hardly contain himself when criticizing and abolishing literally everything that defined the Protoss for basically ever. Everyone is a (dark) Templar now!

P.S. Amon did not invent the Khala. That existed as part of the Protoss way before the Xel'naga found them. Or maybe that's another fucking retcon.

Suffice to say, the Protoss got shafted. They literally lost everything reclaiming Auir.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:40 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
That existed as part of the Protoss way before the Xel'naga found them. Or maybe that's another fucking retcon.
Didn't the xel'naga create the protoss?
Old 11-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Didn't the xel'naga create the protoss?
No, they evolved naturally on Auir until the Xel'naga found them. What interested the Xel'naga was the communal bond they had, and when the Protoss lost that bond, they abandoned Auir.

I just...hate Artanis so much. "Let's abandon everything we ever were! It sucked anyways!"
Old 11-10-2015, 04:53 PM

Banished

I think amon was talking about the previous merge of purity of form and essence.

I didnt get why Ouros was like "the infinite cycles must continue" then 30 secs later "the infinite cycles are over". Did Kerrigan break them by spending all her energy as the Phoenix?

Quote:
I like how the Dark Templar are all up in your face about preserving and fighting for their culture, while Artanis can hardly contain himself when criticizing and abolishing literally everything that defined the Protoss for basically ever. Everyone is a (dark) Templar now!

P.S. Amon did not invent the Khala. That existed as part of the Protoss way before the Xel'naga found them. Or maybe that's another fucking retcon.

Suffice to say, the Protoss got shafted. They literally lost everything reclaiming Auir.
I understand. But he was still a master of bio engineering and had god knows how many years to find a way to corrupt it.

And to be fair, the campaign does start with Zera telling them they are gonna get screwed if they launched that invasion and the ending does show them rebuilding.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
No, they evolved naturally on Auir until the Xel'naga found them. What interested the Xel'naga was the communal bond they had, and when the Protoss lost that bond, they abandoned Auir.

I just...hate Artanis so much. "Let's abandon everything we ever were! It sucked anyways!"
Ahh, so that SC I info was retconned?
Old 11-10-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
And to be fair, the campaign does start with Zera telling them they are gonna get screwed if they launched that invasion and the ending does show them rebuilding.
Fuck Zeratul. His "hero's death" was a cope out so he wouldn't have to answer for his cryptic, treasonous antics. He idly stood by while Kerrigan murdered a colony of Protoss for no reason. He helped her to become reinfested, where she'd go on to kill millions. (Yeah, the plot thread of an infested colony ship headed for Shakuras with orders to kill Protoss was dropped).

I hate this campaign. I hate this story. I hate the characters. The only good thing about the campaign is John De Lancie voicing the Sith Protoss. That guy basically carried the campaign!

Oh, and Not!Fenix is a bitch! You remember that guy? He could hardly contain his excitement at entering a brawl. This...automaton has no spark. No flair. No...zealotry. There's no fury there. Just a walking, talking identity crisis.

Selendis ended up not being worth a damn. When she was introduced, she was presented as a paragon of the Khalai, the original Protoss that this game basically turned over and shat on. She was a strong, no nonsense female character, and she turned into so much vapor. The role she would have played was usurped by the new Dark Templar Matriarch, who also happens to be Rashagal's daughter.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:55 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
the taldarim guy reminds me of darth malgus based on his look.
I'm pretty sure the voice is John de Lancie (Q from Star Trek TNG).
Old 11-10-2015, 07:02 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

So, I've only gotten to mission four so far, but I like that Blizzard is willing to drastically alter the status quo so far. Although, I'm getting the feeling that Zeratul might not be dead, given how odd his body just turning into dust was. I don't remember protoss ever doing that before?

On a critical note, characters seem to react as if they have knowledge they shouldn't in regards to Amon. A couple hybrids show up and Artanis is suddenly convinced this is the "end war," when he should be wondering what a hybrid is. Vorazun knowing who Amon is instantly.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:07 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
So, I've only gotten to mission four so far, but I like that Blizzard is willing to drastically alter the status quo so far. Although, I'm getting the feeling that Zeratul might not be dead, given how odd his body just turning into dust was. I don't remember protoss ever doing that before?

On a critical note, characters seem to react as if they have knowledge they shouldn't in regards to Amon. A couple hybrids show up and Artanis is suddenly convinced this is the "end war," when he should be wondering what a hybrid is. Vorazun knowing who Amon is instantly.
IIRC, Zamara withered away after Jake Ramsay found her. We don't have a ton of other examples. Has anyone ever seen a Protoss corpse?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:23 PM

If you thought the Protoss got shit on after the ending of StarCraft 1, you'd be wrong. People have said before that Blizzard hates ancient elder races, and they continue that trend. While the Terrans and the Zerg got raked over the coals and rebound with gusto in a few short years, the Protoss and Blizzard factions similar to them keep getting hammered over, and over, and over again.

I wanted Amon to win. I literally wanted everyone to die.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:45 PM

Banished

Quote:

I think he is the only protoss we have seen die close tho. The protoss units deaths were retconned into emergency escapes and Razsagal/Fenix deaths were in SC1 engine.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:51 PM

World Builder

Protoss always left bodies before, it was done for dramatic flair, blizz storytelling is bad and inconsistent peppered with good concepts, aesthetic, and gameplay

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-10-2015, 08:25 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Protoss always left bodies before, it was done for dramatic flair, blizz storytelling is bad and inconsistent peppered with good concepts, aesthetic, and gameplay
When did they leave bodies? When they die in game they never leave a corpse. When have we ever seen a dead Protoss?
Old 11-10-2015, 08:54 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
When did they leave bodies? When they die in game they never leave a corpse. When have we ever seen a dead Protoss?
Not in the game, but Protoss corpses do appear in their short stories.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:07 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Literally any book with Protoss in it.

A good chunk of the manga too.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-10-2015, 11:08 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Yeah. Also all the main protoss just know what the keystone is. It is not even a mystery at all, despite the cryptic prophecy.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Tags
heresy, starcraft