Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > StarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:25 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Literally any book with Protoss in it.

A good chunk of the manga too.
Dark Templar Trilogy, Zamara withered away too. Got a specific example where there was a body? I can't find any manga images that support what you are saying.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:29 AM
Thunderbraid Thunderbraid is offline

Drunk Assassin
Thunderbraid's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,153

Default

gods you people really -are- salty and toxic
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Crazyterran Crazyterran is offline

Eternal
Crazyterran's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,842
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Default

So, did Raynor join Kerrigan in Xelnaga land? Did Kerrigan consume his essence so he would always be a part of her? Are they happily banging on a alien beach somewhere? Did she just pull him away somewhere, sustaining his body while they are off in dreamland/mental space together?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:33 AM
Thunderbraid Thunderbraid is offline

Drunk Assassin
Thunderbraid's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,153

Default

most likely she just had some xel'naga power left to be reborn and that took a few years
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:37 AM
Crazyterran Crazyterran is offline

Eternal
Crazyterran's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,842
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
most likely she just had some xel'naga power left to be reborn and that took a few years
I would be happy with that. God knows that Raynor deserves a happy ending.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:55 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlee View Post
Fuck Zeratul. His "hero's death" was a cope out so he wouldn't have to answer for his cryptic, treasonous antics. He idly stood by while Kerrigan murdered a colony of Protoss for no reason. He helped her to become reinfested, where she'd go on to kill millions. (Yeah, the plot thread of an infested colony ship headed for Shakuras with orders to kill Protoss was dropped).

I hate this campaign. I hate this story. I hate the characters. The only good thing about the campaign is John De Lancie voicing the Sith Protoss. That guy basically carried the campaign!

Oh, and Not!Fenix is a bitch! You remember that guy? He could hardly contain his excitement at entering a brawl. This...automaton has no spark. No flair. No...zealotry. There's no fury there. Just a walking, talking identity crisis.

Selendis ended up not being worth a damn. When she was introduced, she was presented as a paragon of the Khalai, the original Protoss that this game basically turned over and shat on. She was a strong, no nonsense female character, and she turned into so much vapor. The role she would have played was usurped by the new Dark Templar Matriarch, who also happens to be Rashagal's daughter.
It's like you're a little me <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I would be happy with that. God knows that Raynor deserves a happy ending.
Go to hell.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-11-2015, 04:59 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,997

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
So, did Raynor join Kerrigan in Xelnaga land? Did Kerrigan consume his essence so he would always be a part of her? Are they happily banging on a alien beach somewhere? Did she just pull him away somewhere, sustaining his body while they are off in dreamland/mental space together?
Titanic ending, if you ask me. They're dead, Terran!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:17 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Can someone stop Chris Metzen from writing their stories already. It's getting kind of tiresome to deal with his Jesus complex in my entertainment.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:19 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Can someone stop Chris Metzen from writing their stories already. It's getting kind of tiresome to deal with his Jesus complex in my entertainment.
Weren't you the one who tried to tell me Heart of the Swarm was good storytelling?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-11-2015, 05:28 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

kerrigan and raynor doesnt seem like metzen and wife.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:04 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Weren't you the one who tried to tell me Heart of the Swarm was good storytelling?
I liked HOTS, yes.

Mainly because it pretty much ended the Raynor - Kerrigan story on a "realistic" note. IE no magical fairy tale ending.

And because while there was some foreshadowing and doomsaying and prophetic stuff going on, it was not a full-on "I am the devil ex machina that is entirely irrelevant to the plot and is come to threaten your universe".

Plus she...turns into a full-on golden naked angel and crucifies herself. For fuck's sake. Can we have some subtlety? So dumb.

HOTS may have hinted at some bad stuff to come, I'll give you that, but Kerrigan's story was still far more interesting than this. Also, Mengsk vs Kerrigan was really the most compelling story thread.

Amon was a sad joke.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Crazyterran Crazyterran is offline

Eternal
Crazyterran's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,842
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
It's like you're a little me <3



Go to hell.
I love you too, man!

But he really did, out of all the characters.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-11-2015, 06:30 AM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I liked HOTS, yes.

Mainly because it pretty much ended the Raynor - Kerrigan story on a "realistic" note. IE no magical fairy tale ending.

And because while there was some foreshadowing and doomsaying and prophetic stuff going on, it was not a full-on "I am the devil ex machina that is entirely irrelevant to the plot and is come to threaten your universe".

Plus she...turns into a full-on golden naked angel and crucifies herself. For fuck's sake. Can we have some subtlety? So dumb.

HOTS may have hinted at some bad stuff to come, I'll give you that, but Kerrigan's story was still far more interesting than this. Also, Mengsk vs Kerrigan was really the most compelling story thread.

Amon was a sad joke.
amon is a hard boss.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Gromak Gromak is offline

Eternal
Gromak's Avatar
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,989

Default

Gotta agree with Westley on some of the characters. Robot Fenix let me down extremely, he's just sitting there and brooding over his existence. I get that he's not supposed to be the real Fenix, but still. He barely resembles him at all.

On the brighter side, Alarak the Sithtoss and the Tal'darim are fucking awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I love you too, man!

But he really did, out of all the characters.
Maybe, but by the end of SCII I'd have been happy to see all the characters burn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:35 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

You guys still want that WC4?
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Anansi Anansi is offline

Master Worldbuilder
Anansi's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: A Dying World
Posts: 18,136

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You guys still want that WC4?
As a matter of fact I do. Call it macabre fascination.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
And the HRE was a meme that went too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
As a matter of fact I do. Call it macabre fascination.
And to ruin the RTS AU? Go get squashed.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,572

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Dark Templar Trilogy, Zamara withered away too. Got a specific example where there was a body? I can't find any manga images that support what you are saying.
Literally the same dark templar trilogy where they find a bunch of bodies dangling in a Xel'naga/protoss lab and they're all horrified.

Bodies only disintegrate when dramatic flair calls for it.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Thunderbraid Thunderbraid is offline

Drunk Assassin
Thunderbraid's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,153

Default

Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Literally the same dark templar trilogy where they find a bunch of bodies dangling in a Xel'naga/protoss lab and they're all horrified.

Bodies only disintegrate when dramatic flair calls for it.
Took me a moment to recall, but it's still not hard to reconcile. Those Toss had the essence sucked out of them to make hybrids, whereas when a Protoss dies otherwise the essence burns up their bodies, which probably explains why the Zerg can't seem to integrate the Toss into the swarm. Probably also has something to do with their ability to merge 2 of them into one being.

There, easy as pie to reconcile, if you actually want to reconcile it. Most people don't these days.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-11-2015 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Mutterscrawl Mutterscrawl is offline

World Builder
Mutterscrawl's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 32,572

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Took me a moment to recall, but it's still not hard to reconcile. Those Toss had the essence sucked out of them to make hybrids, whereas when a Protoss dies otherwise the essence burns up their bodies, which probably explains why the Zerg can't seem to integrate the Toss into the swarm.

There, easy as pie to reconcile, if you actually want to reconcile it. Most people don't these days.
I really don't.
__________________
Brought to you by Sanguine Enterprises.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:19 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Btw was that James Woods playing Alarak? Voice seems so familiar.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I really don't.
No one does anymore, which to me is sad, as I personally find exercising my imagination to be quite enjoyable.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Btw was that James Woods playing Alarak? Voice seems so familiar.
Pretty sure it's John De Lancie (Star Trek TNG Q).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heresy, starcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.