Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-07-2014, 01:16 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
I dunno, Vol'jin is currently the Loa's favorite little troll, so he might be able to call in some favors. Remember, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
Are you saying he's got friends on the other side?

But yeah, if Sylvanas wanted some sort of insurance policy, she should probably be nice to the guy who's buddies with a literal god of death.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Considering her apparent need for the Val'kyr to return from death, I'm not sure that's really an option for her any longer.

Plus the Forsaken Blight was designed to exterminate the living and the Scourge, which was known to frequently deploy its fair share of banshees, ghosts and wraiths. Chances are pretty good that the RAS made the stuff to be capable of destroying whatever ephemeral "matter" comprises the semi-tangible bodies of phantasmal undead just as readily as it would the flesh and bone of the Scourge's regular troops.
It's possible that those ethereal creatures would be immune to the blight even despite the blight's use as an anti-Scourge weapon. Even if ghosts, wraiths, and banshees made it unscathed, they'd be without corporeal support, and would be relatively easy pickings for the Forsaken.

Not unlike the Serpent's Spine stopping most of the mantid forces except for the flyers, the latter of which cannot deal too much damage on their own.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, we are here today to pass judgment on Lady Sylvanas Windrunner.

Since we are classy people, we allow her to have an equitable and neutral trial before declaring her guilty and having her executed.

Sylvanas, you are accused of genocide, attempted genocide, torture, thievery, terrorism, treason, incitation to violence and slavery.

Before we proceed to her execution, does anyone wish to add more accusations or defend this criminal scum?
Guilty!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul
Old 02-07-2014, 11:38 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
It's possible that those ethereal creatures would be immune to the blight even despite the blight's use as an anti-Scourge weapon. Even if ghosts, wraiths, and banshees made it unscathed, they'd be without corporeal support, and would be relatively easy pickings for the Forsaken.

Not unlike the Serpent's Spine stopping most of the mantid forces except for the flyers, the latter of which cannot deal too much damage on their own.
How immune could they really be though? For all their intangibility, they're still vulnerable to physical harm from sharp objects and heavy bludgeoning, so it seems like whatever part of their substance succumbs to edges and blunts could also suffer harm from an aggressively degenerative cloud of green crud that swiftly corrodes those it touches.

Plus given its alchemical nature and roots in the original Plague of Undeath, the Forsaken Blight would be as magical in its composition as it is biological and chemical, and so could be quite capable of damaging beings whose physical presence is also magical in nature.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
ARE YOU REEEEADY?

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:15 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post

But yeah, if Sylvanas wanted some sort of insurance policy, she should probably be nice to the guy who's buddies with a literal god of death.
While she probably doesnt care about the yearly sacrifice of an innocent, she has no soul so no inmortality+youth deal for her
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM

Arch-Druid

My vote counts on weather she puts out or not.

Tags
fanwank, judgement, justice, lordaeron lordaeron, monstrous individual, sylvanas eats people