Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

That's some very interesting stuff you've got there Archimedes.

Gotta ask though. Scenario 1? Do you have another one planned out already?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:02 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building Scenario II

Riding high on the tides of victory after the death of Sargeras and the shattering of Xoroth, the Horde and Alliance turned their attentions to the root of the problem itself, the Titanic Pantheon. After a long and vicious siege of the colossal Titan Mothership, Aman’Thul fell before the might of Azeroth’s elite champions. Many of these legendary soldiers of fortune were the same responsible for destroying Illidan the Betrayer, Lich King Arthas, Neltharion the Black, Queen Azshara, Kil’Jaeden, Tichondrius and Sargeras himself. These heroes were afforded the greatest honor imaginable for their skill and daring on the field of battle and in defense of mortality’s future, and were granted free rein in the sacking of the ruined Mothership.

But then the nations of Azeroth made a crucial mistake. They invited their champions back to that planet.

Dissatisfied with the life of peace and prosperity their overwhelming force had bought for their people, many of the veterans of the Age of Warcraft coalesced into roving bands of mercenaries called Guilds. The Age of Peace was short-lived, as without a clear threat at which to focus their destructive energies, these Guilds would frequently turn on the establishments for which they had once fought so hard. So began the dark Age of Anarchy.

It was a period of bloody massacres and terrible atrocities, as in the names of new gods called Experience, Gold and Loot children turned upon their parents and sibling murdered sibling for the superficial rewards glorified by the emergent Cult of Raiding. The first of the Dark Raids was conducted against Bolvar Fordragon, the sleeping Lich King of Northrend. Icecrown spire was shattered and the New Scourge destroyed within a year after the fall of the Pantheon, but in truth there was no glory to be found there. Bolvar was unconscious, and the reflexive psychic flares he emanated in response to the attack were no match for soldiers who had gone toe to toe with the Highfather Himself.

Still thirsty for blood, many Guilds spent the next five years exterminating the so-called ‘monsters’ that yet ‘plagued’ Azeroth. In this time, the Quillboar, the Murloc, the Gnoll, the Kobold, the Vrykul, the Tuskarr, the Centaur, the Trogg, the Ogre, the Furbolg, the Harpy, the Makrura, the Magnataur, the Satyr and the aboriginal Troll were all hunted to extinction, along with countless other minor races. Insatiable, the heroes turned their sights to more daring targets.

The next seven years saw various Guilds target and destroy Ramkahen, the budding nation of Hearthglen, Azjol-Nerub, Ahn’Qiraj, the Earthen Ring, the elemental planes of Earth and Water, Pandaria and Dalaran. The sovereign nations of the Horde and Alliance looked on in dismay as their increasingly frantic orders to cease and desist went unheeded.

The Black King Wrathion saw all this and knew that his time was fast approaching. Gathering around himself the remnants of the five Dragonflights, as well as the Ancients of Hyjal, the Cenarion Circle and the Ebon Blade, he prepared an elaborate and apparently impenetrable fortress on the summit of Mount Hyjal. Reports from the period indicate that he sent multiple agents to Outland at the same time, though the purpose behind these expeditions is still unknown. When the Guilds finished wiping out the weaker of the so-called neutral factions and turned their attention to the Black Banner, the dragonking was ready for them. Five Alliance and seven Horde Guilds were wiped out in the assault on Hyjal before an Alliance raid led by a famous Gnommish dragon hunter broke through the outer defenses. His Guild went on to kill Alexstrasza, Nozdormu and Wrathion, while two Horde Guilds took out the Ebon Blade and the Green Dragonflight respectively and another Alliance Guild put down the so-called gods of the Kaldorei. Wrathion put up a tremendous fight, and over three quarters of the dragon hunter’s Guild was dead before he managed to slay the beast, but in the end the deed was done and the mountain was torched.

If the mortal nations thought the War of the Black Banner was the end to their troubles, they could not have been more wrong. Still hungry for carnage, and robbed of any third parties to destroy, the Guilds turned on their own families. Stormwind was the first great city to fall, as a formerly Alliance Guild tore the streets apart in their never-ending ‘quest’ for loot. Anduin Wrynn was murdered along with the entire elite guard within his palace and what survivors fled to the surrounding countryside were hunted down and slaughtered.

The madness spread throughout the world. Teldrassil was next, followed by Undercity and Orgrimmar. Ironforge was sealed, but two Alliance and one Horde Guild managed to infiltrate the city anyway. They fought their way to the throne room, where legend holds that they rolled dice for the honor of slaughtering the High Council. The Horde Guild won, and engaged High Thanes Moira, Muradin and Falstad before resurrecting the petrified Magni as some kind of sick bonus challenge. The Alliance Guilds, meanwhile, looted the city, murdering any civilians they found along the way.

The surviving powers of the world looked on in horror, and turned their desperate attention to their own security. Lor’Themar Theron managed to escape Silvermoon just minutes before the Guilds arrived at his gates, having stationed a decoy in his place at the palace. The Horde Guild didn’t notice the difference, and happily slaughtered the double after a long and bloody raid through the city streets. Lor’Themar’s current location is unknown.

Sylvanas Windrunner tried to assemble the most devoted of her subjects back in Undercity, but to no avail. A particularly bloodthirsty Alliance Guild, led by the infamous bandit lord Fojar Von Lordaeron, meticulously exterminated every creature they found within the ruined city, living or dead, before cornering Sylvanas herself in her throne room, where legend holds Fojar personally beat her to final death with his mailed fists.

One by one, the great mortal cities fell. Thunder Bluff, Darnassus, Gilneas, Undermine, Booty Bay, Gnomeregan all were left charred and blackened graveyards, the jutting frames and remnants of toppled houses and castles a monument to the savagery of unchecked mortal ambition. Within two decades, the nations that once composed the Horde and Alliance were destroyed. The Exodaar fled to the stars at the first sign of trouble and has not been seen since. What is left is a broken, ashen world, destroyed from within by its own mad hubris.

With the fall of the last bastion of civilization on Azeroth, Blackrock City, many Guilds moved on to the planets of Argus, Draenor and Xoroth, where they resumed their campaign of carnage. What became of them might be guessed at: by this point, there was nothing that could possibly stand against them and prevail. A few Guilds remained behind on Azeroth, however, whether because they lacked the magic necessary to travel between worlds or because they found the bloodlust fading is hard to say. These Guilds now wander the scorched earth, nomadic tribes of obscenely powerful monsters in sapient form.

It has been twenty-two years since the fall of Blackrock, and a new generation has been born. We have been born into an age of devastation. Stories from the past tell us what beauty means, what our mothers and fathers personally destroyed. I do not know how many people remain alive on Azeroth, but I would guess we number, all told, in the hundreds. My Guild was a minor player in the Anarchy Wars, or what can be considered a minor player when there are only a few dozen players to consider. We proudly claim responsibility for the extinction of the Quillboar and the killing blow of Baine Bloodhoof. By the time of Blackrock’s fall, our guild had thirty-five members, mostly Human, Night Elf and Draenei. Now there are around sixty of us. I was one of the firstborn of my Guild’s second generation, called by the Nihilists that make their home on Hyjal the Damned Generation. We wander the desert that they once called Ashenvale Forest. Some call it that still, though with an ironic emphasis on the first syllable.

I’ve heard rumors that the Exodaar will return one day to save us all. I’ve heard rumors that Wrathion isn’t really dead, and that he’s waiting for our parents to die before building a new world order. I’ve heard rumors that the Guilds far to the south have finally succeeded in their experiments with Druidism, and that within a decade the world will be green again. I’ve heard rumors that there are gods sleeping beneath the earth that will one day wake up and grant us new purpose. I’ve heard rumors that, on a small island far in the north-western ocean, there is a settlement of wise and benevolent creatures with the power to restore everything to the way it once was. When we cross paths with another guild, we make sure to trade all the wonderful news that we’ve heard.

It’s a fool’s hope. If ever civilization is rebuilt, the Great Guilds will surely return to destroy it once again. The future is dust and ashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Danath had a bastard daughter while in Outlands.

Danath retakes Stromgarde and Arathi but dies shortly after.

His daughter takes control and leads Stromgarde into a new golden age; Stromgarde conquers much of Lordaeron.

She marries Anduin uniting Stormwind, Stromgarde, and all Humans into a new Arathor Empire.

Stuff.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:37 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building Scenario III

The refugee races of Azeroth struggle to get by on the Fel-blasted Eredar homeworld of Argus. Draenei priests and various Azerothian druids under the command of the Army of Light struggle to heal the land enough to support the sudden influx of mortal life, but there are very few areas that are persistently habitable. The largest of these, a hidden mountain valley which went relatively untouched by the Legion’s occupation, is now the site of the ragged city of Oenlon. Most of the refugees live here, in ramshackle lean-tos and hastily erected huts of stone and sheet metal. Overcrowding is one of many serious problems. A road has been cleared from Oenlon to the Demonhalls, but travel along the route has completely ceased over the last few years.

There are only two other permanent settlements on Argus. Gorgath is built on the site of Beacon Point, the Azerothian outpost from which the Argus Invasion was executed. It houses the bulk of what remains of the Army of Light. Dwarven roads connect the garrison to Oenlon, Runlend and the Demonhalls. Runlend is a research facility constructed near the ruins of Sargeras. The facility itself is sealed to the public, but there has been enough progress in terraforming technology to render the immediately surrounding wasteland habitable. A shanty town has sprung up at its gates.

The Demonhalls of Argus comprise a massive complex of dormant Titanic portals. They were used by the Legion to orchestrate large-scale invasions into targeted worlds, but all have been deactivated for the present. Here, countless homeless refugees suffer from the place’s residual demonic fallout. The Army of Light has been charged with their containment, ostensibly until enough space is made in the cities for new immigrants. In the meantime, the dispossessed population is forced to endure heavy exposure to Fel radiation, leading to widespread cases of severe mutations. It seems unlikely that any of them will ever be allowed back into society.

From the heart of Oenlon, the surviving members of the High Council try to deal with the present crisis. Though the Council originally numbered in the dozens, only Justin Shaw, Dagran Thaurissan, Ishanah, Arator, Salandria, Rok’han and Leonid Barthalomew remain. They represent the last, twisted vestige of Azeroth’s government, and are under constant pressure from all sides. Every day, they meet in the city’s command center to argue the same points over again, while outside in the streets racial tensions and a pervasive fear tear the city apart. Every day, these meetings threaten to come to blows. For a while, Velen’s mediating influence managed to keep the Council relatively stable, and in that time the most progress was made to expand the city’s boundaries, but since his assassination three years ago the situation has spiraled out of control. Nobody on the Council trusts any of the others anymore. Meetings are exercises in futility. Many parts of the city have been completely overrun by gang warfare.

Gorgath, by contrast, is kept harshly in line by the remnants of the old military hierarchy. Discipline is strictly enforced among civilians and soldiers alike. There is some talk among the officers of staging a military coup on Oenlon, but most believe that invading the city would be costly and occupying it impossible. The civilian population of Gorgath has seen too much in the last decades to resent the firm hand of their military governors.

The Runlend Facility was once the pride of the known worlds, a scientific research and development complex constructed to expand mortal understanding of Fel magic, Titan technology, demonic mutation, the nature of the Light and various related subjects. The facility is powered by a closed-circuit elemental generator designed by a joint team of Goblin and Gnomish engineers to minimize impact on background energy patterns. The labyrinthine compound includes numerous state-of-the-art laboratories, workshops, testing chambers and archives. Throughout the populated world, rumors circulate about weird and implausible experiments being performed in the facility’s clandestine halls, and the name Runlend has become more or less synonymous with unchecked intellectual ambition. Outside the concrete walls of the facility itself are the slums of Runlend Town. The rumors spread in Oenlon and Gorgath of scientists abducting civilians to use in tests are untrue, but the people of Runlend Town are by no means well off. They scratch a meager living off the few acres of arable land extending beyond the facility’s profile and live in huts assembled from a synthetic brick produced by one of Runlend’s more philanthropic researchers. Hardship forces cooperation, and Runlend Town operates under a desperately strained communism.

Meanwhile, in Azeroth...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 07:12 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Maybe it's because I've been replaying a lot of Fallout, recently, but I find the idea of the Warcraft setting expanding into the post-apocalyptic fantasy genre to be a riveting idea.

I'm not convinced it would make for the best direction, but it's certainly one which could bring a slew of interesting developments and plot lines.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Eternal

In Azeroth - there is but one saying.

You either Win, Or you Die.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 12-15-2012, 08:45 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building

I'll post the Azeroth half of Scenario III, or as I like to call it, "Scenario: Shit's Fucked" later. I can't seem to write for beans at the moment. None of the words is working. Blegh.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
I'll post the Azeroth half of Scenario III, or as I like to call it, "Scenario: Shit's Fucked" later. I can't seem to write for beans at the moment. None of the words is working. Blegh.
Considering how horribly you managed to screw over Azeroth with just a 20 year gap, I shudder to think what you've in store for it given 50 years.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Silly Targaryen.

You can not write beans.

You can only write Games.

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building Scenario III: Continued

Meanwhile, in Azeroth…

The Torrent rages around the five Damned Altars of Fear, Pain, Hatred, Oblivion and Madness. These twisted islands are all that remain of the original Azerothian landmass, and stand as grim testament to the evil sacrifice that ushered in the Devastation. The Altars were built in secret during the invasion of Argus by various servant races to the Old Gods, and by the time the mortal races of Azeroth discovered what was happening it was too late.

The Altar of Fear rises above a desert wasteland of glassed sand and congealed ichor, all that remains of southern Kalimdor. It was constructed from a compound of Qiraji secretions, C’thun’s crystalline effusions and melted sand, and it was upon this altar that C’thun was sacrificed by the Grim Prophet Yosai.

The Altar of Pain looms above the shattered hills and mountains of the old Badlands. Carved from a single massive block of cooled magma, this was the altar upon which the Grim Prophet Deyynah slaughtered the god Ryun’eh.

The Altar of Hatred lies amid the wreckage of Pandaria and was built from the bones of the war-dead. The Grim Prophet Arr’han sacrificed Y’Shaarj upon this altar.

The Altar of Oblivion stands atop what was once Mount Hyjal, a blackened and twisted corruption of the once noble world tree Nordrassil. It was within the hollowed trunk of this blasphemous vessel that the Grim Prophet Llhy’zsa killed N’Zoth.

Yogg’Saron was sacrificed by the Grim Prophet Dzjan atop the Altar of Madness, built from the cannibalized stone and metal of the dead Titan city of Ulduar. A terrible compost of frozen flesh and bone surrounds the altar, the remnants of the Scourge Wars.

The deaths of the five so-called Old Gods triggered the Devastation. The ritual by which they were destroyed summoned the dread king Zaz from the runic circle prepared for him tens of thousands of years ago beneath the glades of Tirisfal. The unspeakable horror erupted from beneath the earth and lay waste to the surrounding world. This first assault left a gaping hole into the chittering void known as the Raging Torrent, a constantly churning sea of darkness from which there poured an infinite army of horrors.

The months that followed saw the mortal races enact a panicked and confused retreat from the doomed world. The war with the Legion saw the disintegration of numerous buffer planets, and the only place left to flee to was the inhospitable wasteland of Argus. After an initial period of utter bedlam, Velen succeeded in leading many thousands of refugees through the Exodaar’s portal before the inexorable pressure of Zaz’s armies compelled him to seal the gates, denying those left behind any chance of escape.

Since then, the impossible monsters of the Raging Torrent have chewed their way through most of the physical plane of Azeroth. Water, air, earth and fire have all been consumed by the eternally hungry creatures, and the five areas that remain in real-space exist as islands in a boundless ocean of horror. It appears that the altars or corpses of the Old Gods act as wards of some kind against the black tide’s predation. Even so, these islands are hardly pleasant havens.

Each of the five altars exudes a malignant aura of corruption, instilling within the mortal minds of those who get too close a profound impression of the Old God’s nature. What unlucky mortals survive on Azeroth are forced to take shelter upon these outcroppings of relative substance, but many have succumbed to the proximal dark influences.

Still, some resist. A new alliance of mortal races congregates in the old dwarven and titan ruins surrounding the Altar of Pain. Led by a few brave and determined souls, these heroes of sanity, of reason, of reality itself fight an uphill war against the apparently infinite might of Zaz and his servants.

The city of Bastion, built up from the wreckage of ancient Ulduman and expanded below ground by Dwarven craft, holds the largest collection of mortal strength remaining to the tattered shreds of old Azeroth. Deep in its titanium-insulated halls, survivors from the Dwarven, Gnomish, Trollish, Human, Elven and Dragon races train and strategize. Prominent leaders of this desperate resistance, this band of heroes, are the Black Dragon Wrathion, the human paladin Sir Cameron, the Blood Elf tactician Rommath, the undead sorceror Kel’Thuzad, the Dwarven prophet Theldurin and the legendary Magni Diamondbrow. Though suspicions and mistrust ran high in the early days of the Confederacy of Free Peoples, by now the gravity of the situation has sunk in and racial and factional divisions have been almost entirely erased. Old hatreds and grievances held against actions taken in wars long past have been put aside. Indeed, the very premise of a mortal war now strikes many as absurd and fallacious. There are more pressing matters at hand. So it goes that the people of Bastion devote themselves to rigorous mental and physical conditioning, training in the ways of combat both old and new. Research into the nature of Zaz and his army is gathered from careful expeditions to the Raging Torrent and the examination of corpses retrieved for study. There is a long way to go before the Confederacy can even put together a decisive plan of action, let alone win this war, but the city of Bastion stands strong as a testimony to the indomitable mortal spirit.

Meanwhile, around the Altars of Oblivion, Fear and Madness, smaller communities of huddled survivors somehow scrape by. The population around the Altar of Oblivion is dwindling, as the influence of N’Zoth drives many of the mortals to stop eating or drinking, or to commit suicide. The people settled around the Altar of Fear are more stable, and tend to pool into larger villages for protection against the persistent Qiraji hordes. Still, there are frequent riots and occasional murders as the echoes of C’thun’s dark voice still reverberate in their ears. The Altar of Madness would have seen the mortal population destroy itself in confusion if the native Nerubians had not enslaved/domesticated them. The Nerubians have reestablished their old kingdom and are practically thriving in the wake of the Devastation, though they do not love Zaz, his armies or Yogg’Saron.

Communication between islands is essentially impossible, so none of the mortal communities knows what’s happening elsewhere in the ‘world.’ Indeed, none even knows that other islands have survived, though Confederate and Nerubian metaphysicists have guessed as much.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 AM

The Sun King

Something starting with this.

May expand later.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Sylvanas Windrunner tried to assemble the most devoted of her subjects back in Undercity, but to no avail. A particularly bloodthirsty Alliance Guild, led by the infamous bandit lord Fojar Von Lordaeron, meticulously exterminated every creature they found within the ruined city, living or dead, before cornering Sylvanas herself in her throne room, where legend holds Fojar personally beat her to final death with his mailed fists.
Sounds fair.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemiesďż˝ strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the nightďż˝ live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Something starting with this.

May expand later.
Interesting, if overly optimistic for my taste.

However one thing sticks out like pen.island.com, and that is that you gave a state to betraying demon cultists (Burning Blade) while you didn't give an inch of land to the Forsaken. I mean yeah, they're bad, but to give them less then you give Burning Legion servants... it just doesn't make sense.

Unless you went with the realpolitik thinking that while the Burning Blade may be the more despicable faction they haven't pissed the Alliance nearly as much as the Forsaken have and so they don't get to be thrown under the bus in the name of peace?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Interesting, if overly optimistic for my taste.

However one thing sticks out like pen.island.com, and that is that you gave a state to betraying demon cultists (Burning Blade) while you didn't give an inch of land to the Forsaken. I mean yeah, they're bad, but to give them less then you give Burning Legion servants... it just doesn't make sense.

Unless you went with the realpolitik thinking that while the Burning Blade may be the more despicable faction they haven't pissed the Alliance nearly as much as the Forsaken have and so they don't get to be thrown under the bus in the name of peace?
I was mostly thinking out of divide-et-impera. If you can't beat them, lead them - bring out the allied element to rival your enemies, especially since the Horde has its own share of Burning Blade clansmen, mostly in form of blademasters. Also note that the Clanlands (except for the Dragonmaw one) and the "troll empires" are all "in project" - basically, the map shows the division of spheres of interest between the Alliance and Horde, while both has to cooperate to actually conquer and settle in the lands discussed in a treaty.

Overall, I saw the "Clanlands" as SOIs for Durotar to send those of orcs who favour the old clan system too, while the Durotanids continue building a new society free of clan-depended shenanigans.

With the Forsaken, however, I just couldn't find a group that would both oppose Sylvanas and the RAS AND be able to take and hold the power over the country. Just giving it all to the Alliance seemed too surrender-like for the Horde, while Argent Crusade seemed like a perfect candidate for "pacification" of the region, without actually threatening the un-lives of the locals.

Notice how I settled the Eastern Horde on the easternmost parts of the continent, while simultaneously closing the western ports of the Western Horde. That was done more or less to make transportation between the two parts difficult (so that it would be hard to send an army from Orgrimmar to Stonard), while simultaneously giving the Alliance the main trading roots on all western shores of EK (while the Horde gets the same part of deal on Kalimdor). In perspective, I wanted this development to stimulate shipbuilding in Eastern Horde, as well as give birth to brave navigators that would start a first expedition around the world.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building

By the way, and before Scenario IV goes up, did anybody see what I did there?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-08-2014, 02:21 PM

Priestess of the Moon

No, I don't. But I do know that the world needs Scenario 4. : )

"Necro-post... Every now and then I get a *little* bit lonely, and you're never coming around..."
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/
Old 12-08-2014, 02:31 PM

Echo of the Past

I miss Kir and hope he is okay.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Hurray! Kir's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumvirate View Post
No, I don't. But I do know that the world needs Scenario 4. : )
Scenario III: Shit's Fucked deals with the aftermath of the Goldshire ritual. The Grim Prophets are the Old God-ified forms of the five children, and Sir Cameron is obviously the sixth.

Scenario IV incoming.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Loot Bag

Its kind of insane that in in 2054, sixty years after Warcraft was released, the franchise will probably still be around in some form or another.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Eternal

in the grim darkness of the future.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:20 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
Its kind of insane that in in 2054, sixty years after Warcraft was released, the franchise will probably still be around in some form or another.
Maybe?

But slow down. Mario himself is just nearly thirty-four. (Donkey Kong came out in 1981.)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:04 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Neutral Building Scenario IV

Across nine worlds and a hundred colony ships, Father Nrgl has spread the Glorious Symbiosis of Sporeggar like a warm, cuddly plague. Elves and Trolls, Humans and Orcs, all are united at last in harmonious accord within the Symbiosis. The semi-divine will of the Symbiosis is characterized by the name Father Nrgl, and is is a composite structure informed by the individual thoughts and desires of every constituent element.

It's true that some initially resisted the Rapture. Some poor, misguided souls clung quite desperately to their false idols of 'free will' and 'individuality.' For a time, these sad, frightened creatures tried to halt the spread of Sporeggar's influence beyond the Outlands, but to no avail. In the end, they could resist Father Nrgl's love no longer and entered peacefully into His arms.

Azeroth's surface is unrecognizable beneath the layers upon layers of symbiotic life. Mushrooms in a myriad of different colors bloom beneath the open skies and cast a twilight shade over the global marshlands below. On foot or in little boats, the spore-children drift through foggy underways, feeding and cultivating their towering parents and communing with Father Nrgl. On the other worlds it is much the same.

This is paradise. Eternal life within the Symbiosis, the undying devotion of Father Nrgl, the end of war and death. All are one within the Symbiosis. All are one within Nrgl. Forever more shall it be.

Hmmm. I feel like I'm off my game.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-08-2015, 11:18 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

The world is ruined and drowned in a great deluge, the races shouldn't have ignored the naga for so long.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 AM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Dammit, I want to keep this going because I absolutely love writing apocalyptic fiction, but I've been removed from the franchise for so long that I don't have any of the characters or factions in my cache anymore.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Dammit, I want to keep this going because I absolutely love writing apocalyptic fiction, but I've been removed from the franchise for so long that I don't have any of the characters or factions in my cache anymore.
Noob.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
fanwank, speculation