Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 02:26 AM

World Builder
BattleTag: FrosthawkSDK#1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
...Until just now I genuinely never realized the quilboar had gender-specific models.
That's not so bad. The swinemelons aren't immediately obvious upon a cursory inspection. It's like vrykul having five digits but their skeletons having four--you don't pay attention to those details because they aren't having attention drawn to them.

No, one can only qualify as oblivious when it takes them six or seven years to realize that clefthooves have hooves, as opposed to kodo-like herbivorous dinosaur feet. That's me.
As a Knight of the Silver Hand, one charge was placed upon my shoulders: protect the innocent from the wicked. Whether that be from the fel-crazed orcish Horde, the foul undead Scourge, or the common thieves or murderers of the world, my task has not changed. And yet, time and time again, I have failed to live up to these expectations. When responsibility rested solely upon me, when I had no fellow Knights to stand fast when I would inevitably falter--that was when I failed most of all. What makes you believe I would accomplish any more were I to try now?

- Morgan "Frosthawk" Serrov
Old 06-07-2014, 02:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthawk View Post
No, one can only qualify as oblivious when it takes them six or seven years to realize that clefthooves have hooves, as opposed to kodo-like herbivorous dinosaur feet. That's me.
...why did you think they were called clefthooves?
Old 06-07-2014, 02:43 AM

Arch-Druid

I just watched the Blizzplanet Frostfire videos.

Questing has really changed a lot compared to the Demo from a few months ago. Personally, I like it that the Garrison was foreground. It gives us the feeling that we really established an outpost ourselves in this strange new world.

And we are the Commander. The Big Cheese. We are IMPORTANT.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:44 AM

World Builder
BattleTag: FrosthawkSDK#1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
...why did you think they were called clefthooves?
Exactly.
As a Knight of the Silver Hand, one charge was placed upon my shoulders: protect the innocent from the wicked. Whether that be from the fel-crazed orcish Horde, the foul undead Scourge, or the common thieves or murderers of the world, my task has not changed. And yet, time and time again, I have failed to live up to these expectations. When responsibility rested solely upon me, when I had no fellow Knights to stand fast when I would inevitably falter--that was when I failed most of all. What makes you believe I would accomplish any more were I to try now?

- Morgan "Frosthawk" Serrov
Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 AM

Arch-Druid

The new idea of questing. Garrisons is what makes me want to do questing and pve in the world.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:37 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
I just noticed while watching someone's video, but gronnlings are beasts instead of giants or humanoids. Maybe they're not sapient?
[Taming Intensifies]
Old 06-07-2014, 05:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
...Until just now I genuinely never realized the quilboar had gender-specific models.
Yeah, it's not quite as obvious as with the centaur, and given the usual gender diversity among NPC races, it's not like you're expecting it.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:50 AM

Demon Hunter

Frosthawk, can we get a few more slang terms for quillboar breasts? So far I've got porkpuppets, hogwobblers, bacon balloons, and chest ham, but I feel like we're only scratching the surface of what could be a wide-ranging and comprehensive classification system.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelgrin View Post
Frosthawk, can we get a few more slang terms for quillboar breasts? So far I've got porkpuppets, hogwobblers, bacon balloons, and chest ham, but I feel like we're only scratching the surface of what could be a wide-ranging and comprehensive classification system.

.. This feels kinda wrong.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:00 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelgrin View Post
You got all that and forgot Hammaries?

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 06-07-2014, 07:47 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=77576#modelviewer:10+0

Grulk (hulk) is a follower.

Nitrins son.. Levixus the Soulcaller also exists as his Pre demonology form

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=75257#modelviewer:10+0
http://wowpedia.org/Levixus

Also wish we could see Oronok... Coz you know... He is a lieutenant of Gul'dan in the MU and stuff

Last edited by Gurzog; 06-07-2014 at 07:51 AM..
Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
He needs to be a Follower for the Alliance . The Horde have the perfect opportunity to get a parody of Randy Savage i mean come on! #Savage!
That would be massive Horde bias. Randy Savage was so powerful, he stopped the Rapture.

Though I will allow it if Death Knights get The Undertaker.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:39 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
I just watched the Blizzplanet Frostfire videos.

Questing has really changed a lot compared to the Demo from a few months ago. Personally, I like it that the Garrison was foreground. It gives us the feeling that we really established an outpost ourselves in this strange new world.

And we are the Commander. The Big Cheese. We are IMPORTANT.
After years of being a bitch to Commander McNobody and Admiral McRageypants, we finally get to be in charge!

What do you mean I have to stand around the Town Hall for 8hrs a day, giving out quests and gold to mooks who can't figure out which part of the boar is the liver!?
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

We're still going to pick up poop.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:18 AM

Mountain Giant

Wing Commander Mulverick from Alterac Valley seems to appears in Frostfire Ridge:

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=79265#.
http://wowpedia.org/Mulverick

I also found Guse, whom I believe is Wing Commander Guse (also from AV):

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=78222#.
http://wowpedia.org/Wing_Commander_Guse

Last edited by Barlie; 06-07-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Old 06-07-2014, 09:39 AM

Eternal

Here's how WOD should end:

(As Grom lay dying in a pool of blood at the end of the 6.4 raid..the Citadel of Chaos starts to collapse...the spirit of the alternate reality Velen...appears)

Grom: Prophet.......is it over?
Velen: At long last...no Warchief rules forever....
Grom: I see....only...blood....spilling out of me......(dies)
Velen: "Without Grom to contain the Iron Horde, it will run rampant across the land...there must always be...a Grand Warchief"
(the ghost of the alt reality Velen disappears...Thrall approaches the corrupted Gorehowl.)
Thrall: The weight of such a burden... Only I can hold it... It must be mine for there is no other...
(Suddenly Durotan Bursts in...)
Durotan: You hold a grim destiny in your hands, son- but it is not your own.
Thrall: Father! By the elements!
Durotan: The wounds sustained during my alliance with Yrel against Garrosh sealed my fate. The world of the living can no longer comfort me. Place the axe upon my hands, son. Forevermore, I will sit upon the Throne of Blood.
Thrall: No, father. I cannot.
Durotan: Do it, my son! You and these honorable heroes of your Horde have your own destinies to fulfill. This last act of service... is mine.
(more rocks continue to fall as Thrall turns toward Durotan with Gorehowl cradled in his hands before him.)
Thrall: You will not be forgotten father...
Durotan: I must be forgotten! If the world is to live free from the Tyranny of Fear, they must never know what was done here today!
(Durotan sits on the Throne of Blood...as rocks hide him from view...)
Durotan: Tell them only that the Grand Warchief is dead, and that Durotan died with him... Now go, LEAVE THE CITADEL OF CHAOS AND NEVER RETURN!
(Thrall escapes the Citadel of Chaos as it collapses)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...~Thomas Jefferson

So instead of seeing this as a continuation of an era of the 20th century that gave us so much debt and destruction and undermined our liberties and conditions today that are so dangerous, let us think that we are now moving into a new era, a new era where we are going to concentrate on liberty and freedom and property rights and peace. I believe that is the cause that we should lead and I thank you very much for being part of it.~Ron Paul

Last edited by xie323; 06-07-2014 at 09:45 AM..
Old 06-07-2014, 09:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xie323 View Post
Here's how WOD should end:

(As Grom lay dying in a pool of blood at the end of the 6.4 raid..the Citadel of Chaos starts to collapse...the spirit of the alternate reality Velen...appears)

Grom: Prophet.......is it over?
Velen: At long last...no Warchief rules forever....
Grom: I see....only...blood....spilling out of me......(dies)
Velen: "Without Grom to contain the Iron Horde, it will run rampant across the land...there must always be...a Grand Warchief"
(the ghost of the alt reality Velen disappears...Thrall approaches the corrupted Gorehowl.)
Thrall: The weight of such a burden... Only I can hold it... It must be mine for there is no other...
(Suddenly Durotan Bursts in...)
Durotan: You hold a grim destiny in your hands, son- but it is not your own.
Thrall: Father! By the elements!
Durotan: The wounds sustained during my alliance with Yrel against Garrosh sealed my fate. The world of the living can no longer comfort me. Place the axe upon my hands, son. Forevermore, I will sit upon the Throne of Blood.
Thrall: No, father. I cannot.
Durotan: Do it, my son! You and these honorable heroes of your Horde have your own destinies to fulfill. This last act of service... is mine.
(more rocks continue to fall as Thrall turns toward Durotan with Gorehowl cradled in his hands before him.)
Thrall: You will not be forgotten father...
Durotan: I must be forgotten! If the world is to live free from the Tyranny of Fear, they must never know what was done here today!
(Durotan sits on the Throne of Blood...as rocks hide him from view...)
Durotan: Tell them only that the Grand Warchief is dead, and that Durotan died with him... Now go, LEAVE THE CITADEL OF CHAOS AND NEVER RETURN!
(Thrall escapes the Citadel of Chaos as it collapses)
Considering Blizzard's recent bastardization of Orcs, the notion that they would run rampant without a Warchief to hold them back isn't that far-fetched.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM

Elune

If the Garrisons are a mandatory part of the experience, (which they seem to be moving towards more and more) buildings shouldn't cost 5k gold.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:52 AM

Glaive Thrower

The Breaker team (Magnaron, Ogron, Gronnling, Goren, Gronn, Ogre lord & Ogre)?

http://i.imgur.com/kcmBluv.png

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:06 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
If the Garrisons are a mandatory part of the experience, (which they seem to be moving towards more and more) buildings shouldn't cost 5k gold.
We can only hope for more inflation in that regard.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:15 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Considering Blizzard's consistent portrayal of Orcs, the notion that they would run rampant without a Thrall, i mean Superman, i mean Jesus, i mean Thrall, i'm sorry, i mean Go'el, to hold them back isn't that far-fetched.
Fixed that for you.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
The Breaker team (Magnaron, Ogron, Gronnling, Goren, Gronn, Ogre lord & Ogre)?

http://i.imgur.com/kcmBluv.png

I hope Blizzard sticks to their idea of introducing a live Grom in the game. I think they wanted one to be a World Boss. At full size, that'd be amazing.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Quote:
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
Could be a deliberate gold sink strategy.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
I hope Blizzard sticks to their idea of introducing a live Grom in the game. I think they wanted one to be a World Boss. At full size, that'd be amazing.
It would have to be a baby grom. Have you seen the size of adult grom? They are the size of a Shattrath.

They wouldn't fit in any zone. I believe they made them TOO BIG.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 06-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
It would have to be a baby grom. Have you seen the size of adult grom? They are the size of a Shattrath.

They wouldn't fit in any zone. I believe they made them TOO BIG.

Well, I think there are a few size differences between the Grom we've seen, but they're huge yes. I think they could really work on introducing huge creatures, though. Just look at Old Gods. They're supposed to be huge, but we only get to see small parts of them because Blizzard has problems really adding large creatures. As in.. HUUUUGE. Just look at what happened to our big friend Deathwing.

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor