Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
Well, I think there are a few size differences between the Grom we've seen, but they're huge yes. I think they could really work on introducing huge creatures, though. Just look at Old Gods. They're supposed to be huge, but we only get to see small parts of them because Blizzard has problems really adding large creatures. As in.. HUUUUGE. Just look at what happened to our big friend Deathwing.
But Deathwing was that size due to instancing. Image him in RW.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 06-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
I hope Blizzard sticks to their idea of introducing a live Grom in the game. I think they wanted one to be a World Boss. At full size, that'd be amazing.
He'd be like the size ofthe sha of anger and walk around as a Gorilla I suppose.

And you would probably have to climb his arms and shit.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:42 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
He'd be like the size ofthe sha of anger and walk around as a Gorilla I suppose.

The size of the Sha of Anger is like... the size of a Grom's hand.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 06-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
But Deathwing was that size due to instancing. Image him in RW.

I was actually using Deathwing as an example of how Blizzard fails with huge bosses, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post

I think he'd be at least a bit bigger. Though if he is hunched over and walks like a gorilla, that can easily take away a chunk of his height. Climbing his arms and such sounds cool. I doubt they can make that work, but it would be very cool if they did that. Sort of Shadow of the Colossus style. That would be cool if they were able to make that work. If they did, they could also apply it to other gigantic bosses in the future, and give more of a dynamic feeling.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmictimelion View Post
If the Garrisons are a mandatory part of the experience, (which they seem to be moving towards more and more) buildings shouldn't cost 5k gold.
Aren't they using their own unique resource system now?

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:47 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Aren't they using their own unique resource system now?
To build, but to buy the blueprints its 5k.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
The size of the Sha of Anger is like... the size of a Grom's hand.
Yes because the sha is formed like a mini nuke with hands, while groms have more of a fat ogre form. I was likely overestimating the size of the Sha... As I thought it was bigger than it really was.. But that is an error on blizzards ends... Wish they could have made Galleon the easy boss and Sha of anger the Harder boss. But alas it was the opposite.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:51 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
If the Garrisons are a mandatory part of the experience, (which they seem to be moving towards more and more) buildings shouldn't cost 5k gold.
It is Alpha, but I wouldn't be too hopeful about it being cheap. I don't think you can have all of the buildings at once, so they probably want your choices to be "meaningful".
Old 06-07-2014, 11:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
To build, but to buy the blueprints its 5k.
Ah, didn't know that.

Regardless, your garrison does get a few things during the questline. You get your own personal town hall, as well as a barracks during initial questing, and looking at the old pre-open alpha builds, even garrison that are otherwise 'empty' will actually appear to be proper military bases. While they don't have the buildings yet, the alliance garrison had a ton of tents (along with other doodads indicating a populace) as well as a palisade and a proto-fishing hut.

Author of the Pink Engine.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Wut???!!! I only had 5k gold once, there'S no way I'm gonna be able to developp my garrison. To give you guys an idea of how poor my toon is, I got the blue proto-drake 3 months ago and can't even use it because I can't afford artisan riding...
Old 06-07-2014, 11:48 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
Oooh and when the boss reaches 0 health, the player who landed the "killing blow" gets an action button which, when pressed, has the character perform artistic (or magical) feats to get INTO THE FACE of the Gronn and BLAST OUT HIS EYE AND BRAINS with a class specific finishing move.

... I can dream.

It's okay. I approve of your dreams. People who dream big, even when it's in/about a game, bring only positivity.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Quote:
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Wut???!!! I only had 5k gold once, there'S no way I'm gonna be able to developp my garrison. To give you guys an idea of how poor my toon is, I got the blue proto-drake 3 months ago and can't even use it because I can't afford artisan riding...
Do some questing in the old Cata zones, you'll make that up pretty quickly.

Unless you waste it all on mailbox dancers or something, then you just have a problem sir.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Gold is obnoxiously easy to get these days with all the available dailes, Timeless Isle farming, and what not. How can 5k be so difficult for you? Not a dailies and/or farming mats fan, I'd take it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:56 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Gold is obnoxiously easy to get these days with all the available dailes, Timeless Isle farming, and what not. How can 5k be so difficult for you? Not a dailies and/or farming mats fan, I'd take it.
I've always been poor throughout my whole time in the game, as the things one needs to do to get money are the things I least like to do, and dungeons/raids cause an endless repair ledger.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:00 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagan View Post
I've always been poor throughout my whole time in the game, as the things one needs to do to get money are the things I least like to do, and dungeons/raids cause an endless repair ledger.
Raids (especially LFR) maybe, but I wouldn't attribute endless repairs to dungeons these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Raids (especially LFR) maybe, but I wouldn't attribute endless repairs to dungeons these days.
I was referring to the old BC days, when I played more.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Elune

They said buying the blueprints are as a catch-up mechanic if you skip questing (like to level via dungeons). You're supposed to get them during quests.

Quote:
I hope Blizzard sticks to their idea of introducing a live Grom in the game. I think they wanted one to be a World Boss. At full size, that'd be amazing.
"Grom" are the fomor.

One of the bosses is a Fomor (?) which is a pretty much an ancestor of the larger version of gronn. Gronn like Gruul that you saw in Outland. The Fomor is even larger version being 3 or 4 times bigger, being actually made of of stone. He has the mystical power over the stone and earth. He can put his hand down the ground and spikes or fist of stone comes out from the ground in response. That's going to be one of them.

Stop the Ritual - Stop the Bleeding Hollow Soul Shaman from reanimating the Fomor skeleton.

Last edited by Reignac; 06-07-2014 at 12:37 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 12:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Idk why they call them Fomor, but Soul Shaman?
Old 06-07-2014, 12:58 PM

Glaive Thrower

Reignac,

I think that the Fomor are the Magnaron.

http://i.imgur.com/584MnI0.jpg

The Biggest Magnaron (World boss)?

Resource: -Tweet- @Gazadk

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.

Last edited by Blackearth; 06-07-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 01:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
Reignac,

I think that the Fomor are the Magnaron.

http://i.imgur.com/584MnI0.jpg

The Biggest Magnaron (World boss)?

Resource: -Tweet- @Gazadk
I do hope it ends up a bit bigger than that.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
They said buying the blueprints are as a catch-up mechanic if you skip questing (like to level via dungeons). You're supposed to get them during quests.

"Grom" are the fomor.

One of the bosses is a Fomor (?) which is a pretty much an ancestor of the larger version of gronn. Gronn like Gruul that you saw in Outland. The Fomor is even larger version being 3 or 4 times bigger, being actually made of of stone. He has the mystical power over the stone and earth. He can put his hand down the ground and spikes or fist of stone comes out from the ground in response. That's going to be one of them.

Stop the Ritual - Stop the Bleeding Hollow Soul Shaman from reanimating the Fomor skeleton.

I always thought that the Fomor was just another step in the evolutionary chain between Grom (Earth Giant) and Orcs. I'm a bit sad that they're pretty much what Grom used to be. It looks quite a bit different to me. Also, the model looks too low-res for a huge monster like that, so I hope that the world boss version has an unique model so that the textures won't look blurry on such a large creature. I also hope that even the smaller Fomor, or now Magnaron (they went through another name change, apparently they're Magnaron now) look at least a lot bigger than the one in the screenshot.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Eternal

Some cool lore stuff pointed out to me by Eillas from Rygarius' stream.

in ancient draenor, there are two groups that care nothing for the fate of men: the primals and the breakers. The primals are creatures that seek to cover the world in plantlife, the breakers to destroy all life and leave barren, broken rock.

dang that sounds like a storyline right up my ally. can you say if it has anything to do with the fomorian (SP?) mobs that were datamined? fomor are actually called Magnaron, the demigods of the breakers.

there are only a handful of them, but they can rend the earth like mini-titans, and are ever at war with the over-growing primals

Last edited by Skullcrusha; 06-07-2014 at 01:29 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 01:39 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Some cool lore stuff pointed out to me by Eillas from Rygarius' stream.

dang that sounds like a storyline right up my ally. can you say if it has anything to do with the fomorian (SP?) mobs that were datamined? fomor are actually called Magnaron, the demigods of the breakers.
Exactly, that is what I have read.

CoffeeBird was streaming while Muffinus answered questions tonight! Here are notes!

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:48 PM

Banished

Quote:
....you really want the Shredder Mark 2 when farming Ogre rep, or the mage portals when doing later patch raids.
heheheehehehehe

Last edited by Gurzog; 06-07-2014 at 03:01 PM..
Old 06-07-2014, 02:50 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
I do hope it ends up a bit bigger than that.
Super giant raid bosses are already really annoying.

Tags
warlocks of draenor