Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5026  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:47 AM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
you mean "exodar" - but to your point, the draenei in our timeline don't seem to be doing anything. it's mostly the AU draenei, which I have no problems with, but they're dropping like flies left, right and centre.
We don't really have any MU draenei going over, do we? Even than they're a rather small population anyways, so their impact wouldn't be that great. Of course the AU draenei die; people die in war, and against heavily armed Iron Horde they're bound to die. It at least somewhat shatters the illusion of invincibility if we could have people die. I wish more orcs died on our side tbh to give that.
  #5027  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
Wait so none of them survive?.. Is Yrel dead along with all the Draenei back on Azeroth in there main city of Exodus?

Come on we got there at the time where they were about to be destroyed like last time with a few extra people to help. It is not even close to the massacre that happened in our timeline yet.

I thought people were angry that the Iron Horde never felt like a big enough threat no matter everything they have done so far >.<. Also with Shattrath i expect we will be taking it over at some point within WoD. It is fine to be upset about Maraad dying and Ashran but if your letting that get you angry to the point where you cannot enjoy all the stuff you were excited for literally prior to it then just don't buy the game.
I applaud your reason.

Still I hope that Maraad's death is not intentional.
  #5028  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Quirnheim Quirnheim is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 4,850
BattleTag: kam#1475

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I applaud your reason.

Still I hope that Maraad's death is not intentional.
he dies

edit: skull: it's mostly just the player character if he/she is a draenei and Maraad who go over, draenei wise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Fuck your dumb gamergate shit I'd rather be pegged by Sylvanas than read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
  #5029  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
you mean "exodar" - but to your point, the draenei in our timeline don't seem to be doing anything. it's mostly the AU draenei, which I have no problems with, but they're dropping like flies left, right and centre.
Of course they are not doing anything yet we are the first people to come through the portal.. So if in the future as in the first major patch we get the likes of Varian and Jaina coming through what makes you think Velen will not given they have given his AU counterpart a great heroic death?

Also don't tell me you would not be pissed off if Varian or Anduin was to die and only Aggra did on the Horde.. There would be a freaking huge shitstorm this is not the time where everyone dislike Varian due to being a douche.
  #5030  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
I thought people were angry that the Iron Horde never felt like a big enough threat
People were angry that the Iron Horde was Orcs again. Because we haven't had those as bad guys in a while. People were also angry about the Iron Horde being a rehash even when ignoring SoO and it's build up. People were angry, too, about the Iron Horde being not a big enough threat, but quite frankly they're a bunch of green cavemen that doesn't even have their fel augmentation this time, so OF COURSE they're not going to be a big threat. Killing off Draenei? That's like Nelson making Milhouse hitting himself, everyone can kill Draenei. And ignoring that they also don't feel like a big enough threat because Blizzard keeps deleting their presence all throughout Draenor, filling it's place with walking plantlife and tigermen and hippos, because if Draenor needs anything it's hippos, right, and yet these green fuckers still manage to slaughter a bunch of Draenei, because every asshole can slaughter Draenei, that's apparently the entire point of the Draenei. "Fuck these assholes" is apparently their new idea of Draenei Lore.
  #5031  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
he dies

edit: skull: it's mostly just the player character if he/she is a draenei and Maraad who go over, draenei wise.
Exactly, so the casualties have to come from some where in order to make the Iron Horde seem like a credible threat. I would rather more deaths come from humans but what can you do.
  #5032  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Exactly, so the casualties have to come from some where in order to make the Iron Horde seem like a credible threat. I would rather more deaths come from humans but what can you do.
They lost enough in Northrend and Pandaria.
  #5033  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
People were angry that the Iron Horde was Orcs again. Because we haven't had those as bad guys in a while. People were also angry about the Iron Horde being a rehash even when ignoring SoO and it's build up. People were angry, too, about the Iron Horde being not a big enough threat, but quite frankly they're a bunch of green cavemen that doesn't even have their fel augmentation this time, so OF COURSE they're not going to be a big threat. Killing off Draenei? That's like Nelson making Milhouse hitting himself, everyone can kill Draenei. And ignoring that they also don't feel like a big enough threat because Blizzard keeps deleting their presence all throughout Draenor, filling it's place with walking plantlife and tigermen and hippos, because if Draenor needs anything it's hippos, right, and yet these green fuckers still manage to slaughter a bunch of Draenei, because every asshole can slaughter Draenei, that's apparently the entire point of the Draenei. "Fuck these assholes" is apparently their new idea of Draenei Lore.

More the reason I said "fuck the Iron Horde being made to look like a threat." is that, in trying to make them look threatening, they destroyed cool places, like Shattrath. Yet at the same time, they don't hesitate to negate and kill that very same feeling of threat with Ashran.


Can't have your cake and eat it, too, Blizzard. Can't destroy shit to make a villain look like a threat, and expect people to still think they're a threat when, on the other side of the continent, detached from the main landmass, a bunch of Alliance and Horde don't find them quite threatening enough to make some fucking peace and stop pissing away resources over a small island that has nothing to do with WoD.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
  #5034  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
They lost enough in Northrend and Pandaria.
True enough but they keep coming back and are pushed to being the "face" of the Alliance, much as orcs are. Let them take the heavy hits like orcs often do, though again the death of the AU draenei and all of that doesn't bother me. It actually gives a backbone to the Iron Horde threat (and I do like Blackhand kills 2 lore characters).
  #5035  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Exactly, so the casualties have to come from some where in order to make the Iron Horde seem like a credible threat. I would rather more deaths come from humans but what can you do.

What's the use in making something look like a credible threat if you're going to contradict that very same feeling by having the Alliance and Horde waste resources and precious soldiers (that they apparently don't need to fight the Iron Horde) on a fight on a small, inconsequential island that makes no sense.


You're basically back to square one, and now people just feel as if you thrashed these draenei buildings for the hell of it, or because, as Rotal so eloquently mentioned before: "because fuck these assholes".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
  #5036  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Exactly, so the casualties have to come from some where in order to make the Iron Horde seem like a credible threat. I would rather more deaths come from humans but what can you do.
When Humans die people would shout out about why Orcs never died just the same amount it is always the case. When it is another Alliance race they blame Humans in a similar fashion... It is upsettingly true but this massive need for balance is why shit like Taylor dying has to happen this expansion.

Humans are the most played race in the game and have been since release (i think that is correct just like the most played Horde race is Blood Elf).

Last edited by Ku'ja; 07-19-2014 at 12:03 PM..
  #5037  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:01 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
What's the use in making something look like a credible threat if you're going to contradict that very same feeling by having the Alliance and Horde waste resources and precious soldiers (that they apparently don't need to fight the Iron Horde) on a fight on a small, inconsequential island that makes no sense.


You're basically back to square one, and now people just feel as if you thrashed these draenei buildings for the hell of it, or because, as Quirnheim so eloquently mentioned before: "because fuck those assholes".
Oh ill agree the entire idea of Ashran is dumb as sin from a lore standpoint. Blizzard trying to verify it as something that's actually going on rather than what it truly is (A place to simply PvP) hurts the entire idea of the expansion, and frankly im going to try ignore the lore implications of Ashran.
  #5038  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Jungleluke Jungleluke is offline

Elune
Jungleluke's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 7,272

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
What's the use in making something look like a credible threat if you're going to contradict that very same feeling by having the Alliance and Horde waste resources and precious soldiers (that they apparently don't need to fight the Iron Horde) on a fight on a small, inconsequential island that makes no sense.


You're basically back to square one, and now people just feel as if you thrashed these draenei buildings for the hell of it, or because, as Rotal so eloquently mentioned before: "because fuck these assholes".
I don't think we should think too much about the Ashran-conflict, it's just there for the PVP'ers, not so much for the loreseekers.
  #5039  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku'ja View Post
When Humans die people would shout out about why Orcs never died just the same amount it is always the case. When it is another Alliance race they blame Humans in a similar fashion... It is upsettingly true but this massive need for balance is why shit like Taylor dying has to happen this expansion.
Orcs are dying left and right. True most are evil but that's because orcs are jackasses generally. It's unfortunate that it feels like Blizzard is wasting characters but they've put themselves in a hole at this point.
  #5040  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I don't think we should think too much about the Ashran-conflict, it's just there for the PVP'ers, not so much for the loreseekers.
Thankfully people seem to be enjoying it so far going by the Twitterverse . I do wonder how it will hold up as the expansion goes on and with a larger presence of players being there while the fighting is going on. I am still very excited for Ashran as i was prior even though i am not so happy about it being the capital city for each faction (also the Lore aspect).
  #5041  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Tauren Paly Tauren Paly is offline

Eternal
Tauren Paly's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In your mind
Posts: 4,712

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I don't think we should think too much about the Ashran-conflict, it's just there for the PVP'ers, not so much for the loreseekers.
So in an expansion that's meant to be beyond the faction war, the first thing that happens is for the faction capitals to be right next to a PvP zone, promoting more faction war?
__________________
  #5042  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Blackearth Blackearth is offline

Glaive Thrower
Blackearth's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C'thun - EU
Posts: 72

Default

We will not see the ettin in Draenor (WoD).



Tweet
__________________
I want your help.

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.



Last edited by Blackearth; 07-19-2014 at 12:11 PM..
  #5043  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:12 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
So in an expansion that's meant to be beyond the faction war, the first thing that happens is for the faction capitals to be right next to a PvP zone, promoting more faction war?
Have you only just learned of this or something?..

I am fine with them bringing the PvP in with the Lore if it gets people more involved just have it make sense which it does not in this case unless they make the player realize this is a isolated incident which we are only there for the ride. The changing of the capitals was the real issue as it makes the place seem more central to the story.
  #5044  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
We will not see the ettin in Draenor (WoD).

Tweet
Clearly because they live on the ogre continent mainland!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
So in an expansion that's meant to be beyond the faction war, the first thing that happens is for the faction capitals to be right next to a PvP zone, promoting more faction war?
For every great decision or lore point Blizz introduces this expansion, they do two or three stupid things. No flight, moving the capitals, closing up Karabor, emphasizing the damn faction war again, etc. Oversaturation of humans wasn't something I expected but I still think things look pretty draenei-centric, which is good. I fell like things are being blown way out of proportion by people who aren't even in the beta itself.

Now when the servers stabilize and stop being so damn laggy, I can finish Shadowmoon...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
  #5045  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Ujimasa Hojo Ujimasa Hojo is offline

Eternal
Ujimasa Hojo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,216

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
We will not see the ettin in Draenor (WoD).



Tweet
So where do the Ettins fit in then?
__________________




Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
  #5046  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I don't think we should think too much about the Ashran-conflict, it's just there for the PVP'ers, not so much for the loreseekers.

Again. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. If they didn't want people to "think about it', they shouldn't have put the main faction hubs right next to it, on the very same island. After that, you can't put it into your own, separate bubble. I explained this many time. Ashran (and its existence in the story) is being smeared in our faces. This unlike Wintergrasp (which was still more avoidable), Tol Barad, or anything else.


If they don't want that contradiction addressed and criticized, they should be a bit less stupid. They don't need any defending here. They knew what effect this would have.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
So in an expansion that's meant to be beyond the faction war, the first thing that happens is for the faction capitals to be right next to a PvP zone, promoting more faction war?
This, and what I mentioned above.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
  #5047  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:16 PM
The Ancient One The Ancient One is offline

Treant
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
We will not see the ettin in Draenor (WoD).



Tweet
I think ettins only lives in Azeroth
  #5048  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Lack of Ettin is dumb. But then again their use in Cata was dumb. Their inclusion in the locations they were used was dumb. Now ignoring their back story and instead adding countless other types of giants... is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
I think ettins only lives in Azeroth
Not according to the lore, but then again, who the fuck knows anymore. Ogres also I guess come from Azeroth. Gettin' real tired of the World Team's sloppy world design.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”

Last edited by Sonneillon; 07-19-2014 at 12:20 PM..
  #5049  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,586

Default

If we never see an Ettin again, I'll be happy. Always hated them, never really understood the need for them.
  #5050  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
If we never see an Ettin again, I'll be happy. Always hated them, never really understood the need for them.
Well looks like we just retconned their origin and inclusion so, you got your wish.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.