Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5051  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
As far as I know Auchindoun is saved, right?
Yup.
  #5052  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yup.
But people had to die for it to happen! NERD RAGE!
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
  #5053  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Well looks like we just retconned their origin and inclusion so, you got your wish.
Happy for that. Though speaking of rectonned origins, with these new Ogron and other Ogre offshoot stuff, I wonder what will happen, if anything, to the Ogre Lord subspecies/breed/whatever. Any sight of them in Draenor?
  #5054  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Odok Odok is offline

Arch-Druid
Odok's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,987
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Default

Ettins are from the secret ogre continent or whatever. Boom. Solved.
__________________
Head Canon: The Deathwing Gambit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
  #5055  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

You people are looking too much into Ashran. As with every other battleground, it has the thinest of reasons for the factions to be there. I think the battleground with the "deepest lore" still is the Warsong Gulch conflict. Anything else outside of that basically comes down to "hey shinies, kill other faction to get them first" with no consequences, no continuity, no mention and no impact on the overall story/world outside of that particular battleground. You thought those Titan artifacts the factions fought over on the Strand of the Ancients were probably important and would come into play later on or an NPC would at least acknowledge what became of them? What--you never heard of them again? Silly you!

Basically, think of any battleground as a self-contained "story" (and I use "story" very loosely) in a bubble.

I don't see why Ashran gets some people's panties in a bunch.

At least Tol Barad got mentioned in a cinematic.
  #5056  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Ettins are from the secret ogre continent or whatever. Boom. Solved.
Sure and the original Horde rounded them up and brought them through the Dark Portal back in the day I guess.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
  #5057  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Vexander Vexander is offline

Eternal
Vexander's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,491

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
You people are looking too much into Ashran. As with every other battleground, it has the thinest of reasons for the factions to be there. I think the battleground with the "deepest lore" still is the Warsong Gulch conflict. Anything else outside of that basically comes down to "hey shinies, kill other faction to get them first" with no consequences, no continuity, no mention and no impact on the overall story/world outside of that particular battleground. You thought those Titan artifacts the factions fought over on the Strand of the Ancients were probably important and would come into play later on or an NPC would at least acknowledge what became of them? What--you never heard of them again? Silly you!

Basically, think of any battleground as a self-contained "story" (and I use "story" very loosely) in a bubble.

I don't see why Ashran gets some people's panties in a bunch.

At least Tol Barad got mentioned in a cinematic.
I don't think Battlegrounds can really have canonical, "Winners," if the battle is over something as tangible and lasting as technology, like the Strand of the Ancients. When its simply over resources, something that'll get consumed in short order, them being canonical makes more sense, especially as you don't need a winner/loser for both sides to get resources.
  #5058  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
You people are looking too much into Ashran. As with every other battleground, it has the thinest of reasons for the factions to be there. I think the battleground with the "deepest lore" still is the Warsong Gulch conflict. Anything else outside of that basically comes down to "hey shinies, kill other faction to get them first" with no consequences, no continuity, no mention and no impact on the overall story/world outside of that particular battleground. You thought those Titan artifacts the factions fought over on the Strand of the Ancients were probably important and would come into play later on or an NPC would at least acknowledge what became of them? What--you never heard of them again? Silly you!

Basically, think of any battleground as a self-contained "story" (and I use "story" very loosely) in a bubble.

I don't see why Ashran gets some people's panties in a bunch.

At least Tol Barad got mentioned in a cinematic.

This would count if, and let me repeat it for the last time, please: Ashran wasn't pushed in our faces like this.


You can't put down a raging fire in the middle of the room, sit down, and tell me to ignore the raging fire and say "act like it isn't there. It's just there for the pyromaniacs."


Blizzard would like to have their cake and eat it, but they can't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
  #5059  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
This would count if, and let me repeat it for the last time, please: Ashran wasn't pushed in our faces like this.


You can't put down a raging fire in the middle of the room, sit down, and tell me to ignore the raging fire and say "act like it isn't there. It's just there for the pyromaniacs."


Blizzard would like to have their cake and eat it, but they can't.
I'm not telling you to ignore the battleground itself or the forced PvP. I'm telling you to ignore any and all lore reasons behind it. Jeez!
  #5060  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Menel'dirion Menel'dirion is offline

Eternal
Menel'dirion's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)
Posts: 2,582

Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Lack of Ettin is dumb. But then again their use in Cata was dumb. Their inclusion in the locations they were used was dumb. Now ignoring their back story and instead adding countless other types of giants... is dumb.



Not according to the lore, but then again, who the fuck knows anymore. Ogres also I guess come from Azeroth. Gettin' real tired of the World Team's sloppy world design.
You know, the new 4-eyed Cho'Gall Seems more Ettin than Ogre now.

Perhaps they're something he created, or a result of experiments that he and Gul'Dan performed before they got the Rune-Stone/Altar of Storms.
  #5061  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Yarathir Yarathir is offline

Eternal
Yarathir's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I'm not telling you to ignore the battleground itself or the forced PvP. I'm telling you to ignore any and all lore reasons behind it. Jeez!

That is basically what I'm talking about. You can't act like it or its lore/story existence is in a separate bubble from the main story, but because everyone will see it to some extent, because it's where the hubs are located, it's like saying "Nope. No fire here!" even the flames are already dancing around your toes. The existence of something so contradictory to the rest of the story has never been so in-your-face and unavoidable, so they're not comparable situations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
At this point, I agree.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
  #5062  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM
The Ancient One The Ancient One is offline

Treant
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 19

Default

i dont like the new Cho'Gall, why he had a normal head and not a cyclop one? why he has the rock-style spikes? its not good
  #5063  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Blackearth Blackearth is offline

Glaive Thrower
Blackearth's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C'thun - EU
Posts: 72

Default

I've got a reply from Sean Copeland.



-Tweet-
__________________
I want your help.

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.


  #5064  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Reignac Reignac is offline

Elune
Reignac's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yes.
Posts: 6,837

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
i dont like the new Cho'Gall, why he had a normal head and not a cyclop one? why he has the rock-style spikes? its not good
I don't think it's finished
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
You know, when I put the "i hate all of you" tag in threads, I'm not trying to be funny or cute. With a handful of exceptions, I really do hate almost everybody here.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
  #5065  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Genesis Genesis is offline

Guru of Gilneas
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
I've got a reply from Sean Copeland.



-Tweet-
I've always been inclined to think that they descended from corrupted Titan giants or vrykul.
  #5066  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,989

Default

Of course, the mention of fossils lends more credence to that statement than the average Brann statement has.
  #5067  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 PM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

I just hope they haven't changed their plans for Yrel.

Metzen said she would become a 'major Alliance heroine' and 'take a leadership role within the Alliance'. If she dies or is forgotten after WOD and doesn't join the MU, I'll be a sad Draenei.
  #5068  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I just hope they haven't changed their plans for Yrel.

Metzen said she would become a 'major Alliance heroine' and 'take a leadership role within the Alliance'. If she dies or is forgotten after WOD and doesn't join the MU, I'll be a sad Draenei.
Remember when Metzen talked about 'Trials of the High King' at BlizzCon?

...Yeah.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
  #5069  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:03 PM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Remember when Metzen talked about 'Trials of the High King' at BlizzCon?

...Yeah.
I can believe.
  #5070  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:03 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I don't think we should think too much about the Ashran-conflict, it's just there for the PVP'ers, not so much for the loreseekers.
Except not only do they keep trying (and failing) to explain it from a lore pov, they're also giving it credit by including Ogre culture in it. The faction conflict is canon. It's poorly written canon, but it's canon. People shouldn't keep trying to deny it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
  #5071  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Blackearth Blackearth is offline

Glaive Thrower
Blackearth's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C'thun - EU
Posts: 72

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
We will not see the ettin in Draenor (WoD).

http://i.imgur.com/nbzZTl5.png

Tweet
Updated:



-Tweet-
__________________
I want your help.

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.


  #5072  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Gortrash Gortrash is offline

Elune
Gortrash's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,050

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Of course, the mention of fossils lends more credence to that statement than the average Brann statement has.
I turned the TV on 5 minutes ago and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade was on. Then I came back and saw you talking about fossils and stuff and read your post in a Shean Connery voishe.

Shit, i'm trippin' balls right now.
  #5073  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Reignac Reignac is offline

Elune
Reignac's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yes.
Posts: 6,837

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
I turned the TV on 5 minutes ago and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade was on. Then I came back and saw you talking about fossils and stuff and read your post in a Shean Connery voishe.

Shit, i'm trippin' balls right now.
I read every Nazja post in a Sean Connery voice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
You know, when I put the "i hate all of you" tag in threads, I'm not trying to be funny or cute. With a handful of exceptions, I really do hate almost everybody here.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
  #5074  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:12 PM
Sonneillon Sonneillon is offline

Lord of the
Assassin's League
Sonneillon's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canadaland
Posts: 9,990
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
i dont like the new Cho'Gall, why he had a normal head and not a cyclop one? why he has the rock-style spikes? its not good
I hate it. What's even more amusing is the fact that we have Heroes of the Storm's artwork of him... from this time period...





Which is to say perfect. Then they do something stupid like go "Well his C'thun merger just made him get some eyes and a beak... and lose some eyes. Just another dumb model choice from this expansion that ruins a character.
__________________
“Listen to the Chair Leg of Truth! It does not lie!”
  #5075  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
I hate it. What's even more amusing is the fact that we have Heroes of the Storm's artwork of him... from this time period...





Which is to say perfect. Then they do something stupid like go "Well his C'thun merger just made him get some eyes and a beak... and lose some eyes. Just another dumb model choice from this expansion that ruins a character.
Wow I hope it gets changed to that model.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.