Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:30 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
As far as I know Auchindoun is saved, right?
Yup.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:31 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yup.
But people had to die for it to happen! NERD RAGE!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Well looks like we just retconned their origin and inclusion so, you got your wish.
Happy for that. Though speaking of rectonned origins, with these new Ogron and other Ogre offshoot stuff, I wonder what will happen, if anything, to the Ogre Lord subspecies/breed/whatever. Any sight of them in Draenor?
Old 07-19-2014, 12:33 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Ettins are from the secret ogre continent or whatever. Boom. Solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Elune

You people are looking too much into Ashran. As with every other battleground, it has the thinest of reasons for the factions to be there. I think the battleground with the "deepest lore" still is the Warsong Gulch conflict. Anything else outside of that basically comes down to "hey shinies, kill other faction to get them first" with no consequences, no continuity, no mention and no impact on the overall story/world outside of that particular battleground. You thought those Titan artifacts the factions fought over on the Strand of the Ancients were probably important and would come into play later on or an NPC would at least acknowledge what became of them? What--you never heard of them again? Silly you!

Basically, think of any battleground as a self-contained "story" (and I use "story" very loosely) in a bubble.

I don't see why Ashran gets some people's panties in a bunch.

At least Tol Barad got mentioned in a cinematic.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Ettins are from the secret ogre continent or whatever. Boom. Solved.
Sure and the original Horde rounded them up and brought them through the Dark Portal back in the day I guess.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
You people are looking too much into Ashran. As with every other battleground, it has the thinest of reasons for the factions to be there. I think the battleground with the "deepest lore" still is the Warsong Gulch conflict. Anything else outside of that basically comes down to "hey shinies, kill other faction to get them first" with no consequences, no continuity, no mention and no impact on the overall story/world outside of that particular battleground. You thought those Titan artifacts the factions fought over on the Strand of the Ancients were probably important and would come into play later on or an NPC would at least acknowledge what became of them? What--you never heard of them again? Silly you!

Basically, think of any battleground as a self-contained "story" (and I use "story" very loosely) in a bubble.

I don't think Battlegrounds can really have canonical, "Winners," if the battle is over something as tangible and lasting as technology, like the Strand of the Ancients. When its simply over resources, something that'll get consumed in short order, them being canonical makes more sense, especially as you don't need a winner/loser for both sides to get resources.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Eternal

Quote:

This would count if, and let me repeat it for the last time, please: Ashran wasn't pushed in our faces like this.

You can't put down a raging fire in the middle of the room, sit down, and tell me to ignore the raging fire and say "act like it isn't there. It's just there for the pyromaniacs."

Blizzard would like to have their cake and eat it, but they can't.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
This would count if, and let me repeat it for the last time, please: Ashran wasn't pushed in our faces like this.

You can't put down a raging fire in the middle of the room, sit down, and tell me to ignore the raging fire and say "act like it isn't there. It's just there for the pyromaniacs."

Blizzard would like to have their cake and eat it, but they can't.
I'm not telling you to ignore the battleground itself or the forced PvP. I'm telling you to ignore any and all lore reasons behind it. Jeez!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:42 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Ogre

Quote:
Lack of Ettin is dumb. But then again their use in Cata was dumb. Their inclusion in the locations they were used was dumb. Now ignoring their back story and instead adding countless other types of giants... is dumb.

Not according to the lore, but then again, who the fuck knows anymore. Ogres also I guess come from Azeroth. Gettin' real tired of the World Team's sloppy world design.
You know, the new 4-eyed Cho'Gall Seems more Ettin than Ogre now.

Perhaps they're something he created, or a result of experiments that he and Gul'Dan performed before they got the Rune-Stone/Altar of Storms.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I'm not telling you to ignore the battleground itself or the forced PvP. I'm telling you to ignore any and all lore reasons behind it. Jeez!

That is basically what I'm talking about. You can't act like it or its lore/story existence is in a separate bubble from the main story, but because everyone will see it to some extent, because it's where the hubs are located, it's like saying "Nope. No fire here!" even the flames are already dancing around your toes. The existence of something so contradictory to the rest of the story has never been so in-your-face and unavoidable, so they're not comparable situations.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Treant

i dont like the new Cho'Gall, why he had a normal head and not a cyclop one? why he has the rock-style spikes? its not good
Old 07-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Glaive Thrower

I've got a reply from Sean Copeland.

-Tweet-

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
i dont like the new Cho'Gall, why he had a normal head and not a cyclop one? why he has the rock-style spikes? its not good
I don't think it's finished

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:50 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
I've got a reply from Sean Copeland.

-Tweet-
I've always been inclined to think that they descended from corrupted Titan giants or vrykul.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Of course, the mention of fossils lends more credence to that statement than the average Brann statement has.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 PM

Elune

I just hope they haven't changed their plans for Yrel.

Metzen said she would become a 'major Alliance heroine' and 'take a leadership role within the Alliance'. If she dies or is forgotten after WOD and doesn't join the MU, I'll be a sad Draenei.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I just hope they haven't changed their plans for Yrel.

Metzen said she would become a 'major Alliance heroine' and 'take a leadership role within the Alliance'. If she dies or is forgotten after WOD and doesn't join the MU, I'll be a sad Draenei.
Remember when Metzen talked about 'Trials of the High King' at BlizzCon?

...Yeah.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:03 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Remember when Metzen talked about 'Trials of the High King' at BlizzCon?

...Yeah.
I can believe.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:03 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
I don't think we should think too much about the Ashran-conflict, it's just there for the PVP'ers, not so much for the loreseekers.
Except not only do they keep trying (and failing) to explain it from a lore pov, they're also giving it credit by including Ogre culture in it. The faction conflict is canon. It's poorly written canon, but it's canon. People shouldn't keep trying to deny it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:04 PM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackearth View Post
We will not see the ettin in Draenor (WoD).

http://i.imgur.com/nbzZTl5.png

Tweet
Updated:

-Tweet-

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Of course, the mention of fossils lends more credence to that statement than the average Brann statement has.
I turned the TV on 5 minutes ago and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade was on. Then I came back and saw you talking about fossils and stuff and read your post in a Shean Connery voishe.

Shit, i'm trippin' balls right now.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
I turned the TV on 5 minutes ago and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade was on. Then I came back and saw you talking about fossils and stuff and read your post in a Shean Connery voishe.

Shit, i'm trippin' balls right now.
I read every Nazja post in a Sean Connery voice.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
I hate it. What's even more amusing is the fact that we have Heroes of the Storm's artwork of him... from this time period...

Which is to say perfect. Then they do something stupid like go "Well his C'thun merger just made him get some eyes and a beak... and lose some eyes. Just another dumb model choice from this expansion that ruins a character.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:15 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I hate it. What's even more amusing is the fact that we have Heroes of the Storm's artwork of him... from this time period...

Which is to say perfect. Then they do something stupid like go "Well his C'thun merger just made him get some eyes and a beak... and lose some eyes. Just another dumb model choice from this expansion that ruins a character.
Wow I hope it gets changed to that model.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft