Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #17776  
Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 AM
Blackearth Blackearth is offline

Glaive Thrower
Blackearth's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C'thun - EU
Posts: 72

Default



What is this music called? 5:18

Thanks.
__________________
I want your help.

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.


  #17777  
Old 09-14-2014, 08:20 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Durotan didn't know that the Thunderwolf chieftain was his brother Fenris in the AU
How is that even possible? Did he take on a fake name?

. . .

Does this mean Thrall is named "Go'el Wolfbrother"?
  #17778  
Old 09-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Admin
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,989

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
How is that even possible? Did he take on a fake name?

. . .

Does this mean Thrall is named "Go'el Wolfbrother"?
The Ironwolf, in the AU. Fenris might have been adopted or married into the Wolfbrother family. Also, there's a female Wolfbrother in Orgrimmar, so...
  #17779  
Old 09-14-2014, 08:42 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The Ironwolf, in the AU. Fenris might have been adopted or married into the Wolfbrother family. Also, there's a female Wolfbrother in Orgrimmar, so...
But the... I mean... and the...


Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-14-2014 at 08:45 AM..
  #17780  
Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
But the... I mean... and the...

I don't get it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
  #17781  
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 AM
BaronGrackle BaronGrackle is offline

Echo of the Past
BaronGrackle's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15,180

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I don't get it.
It's a link.

The sci-fi show Fringe has a parallel universe with many differences. Some are based on different decisions and events. Others are harder to explain... like the Statue of Liberty never oxidizing and changing its color.
  #17782  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Leviathon Leviathon is offline

Elune
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 21,434
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Ultimately Durotan's inclusion is kind of weird all-around. He's not in the Iron Horde, which means he's really still just a chieftain, and only a "Warlord" in the Blizz-promoted, memetic context rather than in a sense that would inform Varian's understanding of the Iron Horde's leadership or cause Maraad to include him in a briefing of the Iron Horde's motivations (though I suppose Maraad could just mistakenly assume Durotan's with the IH at this point because he was with the old Horde.)

It's a strange thing, the whole Warlord theme. In-game the only ones actually considered "Warlords" are the Iron Horde's chieftains, as it's treated like Grom's official designation for them. Otherwise Durotan, Gul'dan, and even Ner'zhul are only treated as such in a thematic context through out-of-game materials (though Ner'zhul's angling to become an actual Iron Horde Warlord) rather than anyone in Draenor actually calling them Warlords themselves.
The whole 'Warlord' thing is silly anyway. The Chieftain title worked just fine just like Supreme Allied Commander worked just fine instead of High King.
  #17783  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:25 PM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The whole 'Warlord' thing is silly anyway. The Chieftain title worked just fine just like Supreme Allied Commander worked just fine instead of High King.
could it be warlord and high king are fantasy buzzwords used for marketing purposes?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
  #17784  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
could it be warlord and high king are fantasy buzzwords used for marketing purposes?
You mean like "honor" and "balance"?
  #17785  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Don't forget #savage.
  #17786  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:36 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETH7QXpAR4

Arms Warriors are now perfectly efficient.
  #17787  
Old 09-14-2014, 12:44 PM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETH7QXpAR4

Arms Warriors are now perfectly efficient.
well im sated.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
  #17788  
Old 09-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Reignac Reignac is offline

Elune
Reignac's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yes.
Posts: 6,837

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
And I for one am extremely happy that we're getting pre-Horde orc lore, because I feel like the race got completely shafted in TBC in favor of focusing almost entirely on the Draenei, blood elves, and post-Horde orcs.
Agreed (though I'd argue the draenei didn't get much beyond BC's launch patch). The clans are now all very distinct, and even if the only one I like personally is Shadowmoon I'm glad they all stand out from each other now. I hope some day the human nations get the same treatment (sans Kul Tiras and Gilneas, who are already pretty distinct as "the naval power" and "Victorian British").
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
You know, when I put the "i hate all of you" tag in threads, I'm not trying to be funny or cute. With a handful of exceptions, I really do hate almost everybody here.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
  #17789  
Old 09-14-2014, 01:41 PM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
That's....not entirely unfair a complaint, I'll concede. (though like Cosmic, I seriously wouldn't say Draenei got much out of it at all really)

But the thing is, sure, some Orcish history is nice, a bit more about the clans is nice, but it's also not exactly fair to use that as a defense when they got Rise of the Horde all to themselves.

If you want to use the arguement of "let's explore/see more of their history" then I'm afraid Orcs aren't high on the list of deserving that treatment first. Dwarves, Gnomes, Tauren all need (and deserve) far more backstory study/fleshing out.
All Draenei got in BC was being the sidekicks to Blood Elves and their story arc, as well as explaining away the massive retcon.

When I think of BC Draenei lore, I think of the hot mess that is Auchindoun. I'm very glad that it seems like WOD is making up for that.
  #17790  
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
When I think of BC Draenei lore, I think of the hot mess that is Auchindoun.
What do you mean?
  #17791  
Old 09-14-2014, 01:55 PM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
What do you mean?
It's just a giant mess of lore and timelines. Auchindoun was a Draenei temple where they buried their dead - as well as the Naaru D'ore, who was critically injured in the crash of the Genedar. When the genocide of the Draenei began, Auchindoun was besieged by the Bleeding Hollow Clan and the Draenei were either slaughtered or hid away in the temple's furthest reaches.

When the Alliance came through years later, they found the Auchenai still around the area. An Auchenai Anchorite named Nemuraan helped save Kudran Wildhammer, and subsequently healed him back to health, informing the group that the Auchenai would remain in Auchindoun tending to the dead. At some point between then and now, the Shadow Council took over Auchindoun and began to summon Murmur, which wiped out many of the remaining Auchenai and created the Bone Wastes. The in-game lore states the Shadow Council infiltrated the temple and then wiped them out by summoning Murmur, but that doesn't account for the fact that the Bleeding Hollow had already sieged the temple and killed most of the Auchenai. Hell, they even used it as their main base of operations, even though there were still Draenei hiding within it.

It isn't clear when the Sethekk came in and took over part of Auchindoun, or when the nameless and loreless group of Ethereals under Nexus-Prince Shaffar did either, but that happened as well.

We don't know when or why the Auchenai went mad, or why Nemuraan was sane during Beyond the Dark Portal, but he was. What we do know is that with D'ore in his darkened state still lingering in the catacombs, the few Auchenai who remained were driven mad and began to practice necromancy. Exarch Maladaar's dungeon journal entry states that he is the sole surviving Auchenai, but that clearly isn't the case because they're all over the goddamn place. There's also the whole "Draenei using a book of the damned to raise an army of skeletons" in the Bone Wastes things. And Sand Gnomes. And a frostwyrm, because why not.

Really, Auchindoun is just a confusing mess of ideas that has never really gelled well together. Blizzard set out to create a questing and dungeon hub, and never really fleshed out much about it. It set misconceptions about the Auchenai as a faction, and has confused a lot of aspiring Draenei roleplayers due to just how much has been shoved into such a small area with very little in-game explanation.

Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 09-14-2014 at 01:59 PM..
  #17792  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Besides four factions being showed into one tomb complex, I do not see the problem.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
  #17793  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
due to just how much has been shoved into such a small area with very little in-game explanation.
Wasn't that BC in a nutshell?
  #17794  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:06 PM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Wasn't that BC in a nutshell?
In many ways, yeah, plus the needless vilification of the Illidari.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to Kael'thas and Illidan. Akama was cool though.
  #17795  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:08 PM
CosmicGuitars CosmicGuitars is offline

Elune
CosmicGuitars's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,091

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Besides four factions being showed into one tomb complex, I do not see the problem.
Inconsistency with the Auchenai, no explanation as to how they remained undetected even with both the Bleeding Hollow taking over Auchindoun and then the Shadow Council. Maladaar being stated as the last living Auchenai despite that being obviously untrue. D'ore's story arc being incomplete. The Ethereals having absolutely no lore at all. The Arakkoa being shoved in there for funsies. All of the shit around it, like the giant Draenei-turned-Eredar, Sand Gnomes and Frostwyrm. And Murmur.

It was just one giant shit-show. They should have focused on the Shadow Council isntead of just shoving everything in there at once. It's a headache trying to explain the story of Auchindoun to anybody.
  #17796  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Skullcrusha Skullcrusha is offline

Eternal
Skullcrusha's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,337

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
In many ways, yeah, plus the needless vilification of the Illidari.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to Kael'thas and Illidan. Akama was cool though.
You know Blizzard really screwed up when even they'll admit they did with that story.
  #17797  
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
no explanation as to how they remained undetected even with both the Bleeding Hollow taking over Auchindoun and then the Shadow Council.
That is odd.

Quote:
Maladaar being stated as the last living Auchenai despite that being obviously untrue. D'ore's story arc being incomplete.
I read the Dungeon Journal as saying that the rest were undead.

Quote:
The Ethereals having absolutely no lore at all.
They have lore, just not very much. They just don't have a group name because they are the first ethereal antagonists encountered. A lot of races have a nameless group like that. They are the "vanilla" ethereals, trying to steal energies and souls for some interplanetary profit.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
  #17798  
Old 09-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Cemotucu Cemotucu is offline

Elune
Cemotucu's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. M. of Tucumán, Argentina
Posts: 6,663
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
It's just a giant mess of lore and timelines. Auchindoun was a Draenei temple where they buried their dead - as well as the Naaru D'ore, who was critically injured in the crash of the Genedar. When the genocide of the Draenei began, Auchindoun was besieged by the Bleeding Hollow Clan and the Draenei were either slaughtered or hid away in the temple's furthest reaches.

When the Alliance came through years later, they found the Auchenai still around the area. An Auchenai Anchorite named Nemuraan helped save Kudran Wildhammer, and subsequently healed him back to health, informing the group that the Auchenai would remain in Auchindoun tending to the dead. At some point between then and now, the Shadow Council took over Auchindoun and began to summon Murmur, which wiped out many of the remaining Auchenai and created the Bone Wastes. The in-game lore states the Shadow Council infiltrated the temple and then wiped them out by summoning Murmur, but that doesn't account for the fact that the Bleeding Hollow had already sieged the temple and killed most of the Auchenai. Hell, they even used it as their main base of operations, even though there were still Draenei hiding within it.
Actually, if you read BtDP novel, the Bone Wastes was already there when the Alliance was sent to rescue Kurdran. The explosion of Auchindoun is also described as the result of the Shadow Council's incursion that released a being that was being held there (Mur'mur).
__________________
FOR NYORLOTH, ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
  #17799  
Old 09-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default

The Bone Wastes got created twice... just ignore that.
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
  #17800  
Old 09-14-2014, 04:00 PM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
The Bone Wastes got created twice... just ignore that.
it got super wasted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.