Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 AM

Glaive Thrower

What is this music called? 5:18

Thanks.

Lore & Quest Design previous BlizzCon conventions

I need information about 05 and 07 editions.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:20 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Durotan didn't know that the Thunderwolf chieftain was his brother Fenris in the AU
How is that even possible? Did he take on a fake name?

. . .

Does this mean Thrall is named "Go'el Wolfbrother"?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:34 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
How is that even possible? Did he take on a fake name?

. . .

Does this mean Thrall is named "Go'el Wolfbrother"?
The Ironwolf, in the AU. Fenris might have been adopted or married into the Wolfbrother family. Also, there's a female Wolfbrother in Orgrimmar, so...
Old 09-14-2014, 08:42 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
The Ironwolf, in the AU. Fenris might have been adopted or married into the Wolfbrother family. Also, there's a female Wolfbrother in Orgrimmar, so...
But the... I mean... and the...

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 09-14-2014 at 08:45 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
But the... I mean... and the...

I don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
I don't get it.
It's a link.

The sci-fi show Fringe has a parallel universe with many differences. Some are based on different decisions and events. Others are harder to explain... like the Statue of Liberty never oxidizing and changing its color.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Ultimately Durotan's inclusion is kind of weird all-around. He's not in the Iron Horde, which means he's really still just a chieftain, and only a "Warlord" in the Blizz-promoted, memetic context rather than in a sense that would inform Varian's understanding of the Iron Horde's leadership or cause Maraad to include him in a briefing of the Iron Horde's motivations (though I suppose Maraad could just mistakenly assume Durotan's with the IH at this point because he was with the old Horde.)

It's a strange thing, the whole Warlord theme. In-game the only ones actually considered "Warlords" are the Iron Horde's chieftains, as it's treated like Grom's official designation for them. Otherwise Durotan, Gul'dan, and even Ner'zhul are only treated as such in a thematic context through out-of-game materials (though Ner'zhul's angling to become an actual Iron Horde Warlord) rather than anyone in Draenor actually calling them Warlords themselves.
The whole 'Warlord' thing is silly anyway. The Chieftain title worked just fine just like Supreme Allied Commander worked just fine instead of High King.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
The whole 'Warlord' thing is silly anyway. The Chieftain title worked just fine just like Supreme Allied Commander worked just fine instead of High King.
could it be warlord and high king are fantasy buzzwords used for marketing purposes?
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
could it be warlord and high king are fantasy buzzwords used for marketing purposes?
You mean like "honor" and "balance"?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Eternal

Don't forget #savage.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:36 PM

Eternal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETH7QXpAR4

Arms Warriors are now perfectly efficient.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETH7QXpAR4

Arms Warriors are now perfectly efficient.
well im sated.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Old 09-14-2014, 01:19 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
And I for one am extremely happy that we're getting pre-Horde orc lore, because I feel like the race got completely shafted in TBC in favor of focusing almost entirely on the Draenei, blood elves, and post-Horde orcs.
Agreed (though I'd argue the draenei didn't get much beyond BC's launch patch). The clans are now all very distinct, and even if the only one I like personally is Shadowmoon I'm glad they all stand out from each other now. I hope some day the human nations get the same treatment (sans Kul Tiras and Gilneas, who are already pretty distinct as "the naval power" and "Victorian British").

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
That's....not entirely unfair a complaint, I'll concede. (though like Cosmic, I seriously wouldn't say Draenei got much out of it at all really)

But the thing is, sure, some Orcish history is nice, a bit more about the clans is nice, but it's also not exactly fair to use that as a defense when they got Rise of the Horde all to themselves.

If you want to use the arguement of "let's explore/see more of their history" then I'm afraid Orcs aren't high on the list of deserving that treatment first. Dwarves, Gnomes, Tauren all need (and deserve) far more backstory study/fleshing out.
All Draenei got in BC was being the sidekicks to Blood Elves and their story arc, as well as explaining away the massive retcon.

When I think of BC Draenei lore, I think of the hot mess that is Auchindoun. I'm very glad that it seems like WOD is making up for that.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
When I think of BC Draenei lore, I think of the hot mess that is Auchindoun.
What do you mean?
Old 09-14-2014, 01:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
What do you mean?
It's just a giant mess of lore and timelines. Auchindoun was a Draenei temple where they buried their dead - as well as the Naaru D'ore, who was critically injured in the crash of the Genedar. When the genocide of the Draenei began, Auchindoun was besieged by the Bleeding Hollow Clan and the Draenei were either slaughtered or hid away in the temple's furthest reaches.

When the Alliance came through years later, they found the Auchenai still around the area. An Auchenai Anchorite named Nemuraan helped save Kudran Wildhammer, and subsequently healed him back to health, informing the group that the Auchenai would remain in Auchindoun tending to the dead. At some point between then and now, the Shadow Council took over Auchindoun and began to summon Murmur, which wiped out many of the remaining Auchenai and created the Bone Wastes. The in-game lore states the Shadow Council infiltrated the temple and then wiped them out by summoning Murmur, but that doesn't account for the fact that the Bleeding Hollow had already sieged the temple and killed most of the Auchenai. Hell, they even used it as their main base of operations, even though there were still Draenei hiding within it.

It isn't clear when the Sethekk came in and took over part of Auchindoun, or when the nameless and loreless group of Ethereals under Nexus-Prince Shaffar did either, but that happened as well.

We don't know when or why the Auchenai went mad, or why Nemuraan was sane during Beyond the Dark Portal, but he was. What we do know is that with D'ore in his darkened state still lingering in the catacombs, the few Auchenai who remained were driven mad and began to practice necromancy. Exarch Maladaar's dungeon journal entry states that he is the sole surviving Auchenai, but that clearly isn't the case because they're all over the goddamn place. There's also the whole "Draenei using a book of the damned to raise an army of skeletons" in the Bone Wastes things. And Sand Gnomes. And a frostwyrm, because why not.

Really, Auchindoun is just a confusing mess of ideas that has never really gelled well together. Blizzard set out to create a questing and dungeon hub, and never really fleshed out much about it. It set misconceptions about the Auchenai as a faction, and has confused a lot of aspiring Draenei roleplayers due to just how much has been shoved into such a small area with very little in-game explanation.

Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 09-14-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 02:01 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Besides four factions being showed into one tomb complex, I do not see the problem.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Eternal

Quote:
due to just how much has been shoved into such a small area with very little in-game explanation.
Wasn't that BC in a nutshell?
Old 09-14-2014, 02:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Wasn't that BC in a nutshell?
In many ways, yeah, plus the needless vilification of the Illidari.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to Kael'thas and Illidan. Akama was cool though.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
Besides four factions being showed into one tomb complex, I do not see the problem.
Inconsistency with the Auchenai, no explanation as to how they remained undetected even with both the Bleeding Hollow taking over Auchindoun and then the Shadow Council. Maladaar being stated as the last living Auchenai despite that being obviously untrue. D'ore's story arc being incomplete. The Ethereals having absolutely no lore at all. The Arakkoa being shoved in there for funsies. All of the shit around it, like the giant Draenei-turned-Eredar, Sand Gnomes and Frostwyrm. And Murmur.

It was just one giant shit-show. They should have focused on the Shadow Council isntead of just shoving everything in there at once. It's a headache trying to explain the story of Auchindoun to anybody.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:09 PM

Eternal

Quote:
In many ways, yeah, plus the needless vilification of the Illidari.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to Kael'thas and Illidan. Akama was cool though.
You know Blizzard really screwed up when even they'll admit they did with that story.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
no explanation as to how they remained undetected even with both the Bleeding Hollow taking over Auchindoun and then the Shadow Council.
That is odd.

Quote:
Maladaar being stated as the last living Auchenai despite that being obviously untrue. D'ore's story arc being incomplete.
I read the Dungeon Journal as saying that the rest were undead.

Quote:
The Ethereals having absolutely no lore at all.
They have lore, just not very much. They just don't have a group name because they are the first ethereal antagonists encountered. A lot of races have a nameless group like that. They are the "vanilla" ethereals, trying to steal energies and souls for some interplanetary profit.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
It's just a giant mess of lore and timelines. Auchindoun was a Draenei temple where they buried their dead - as well as the Naaru D'ore, who was critically injured in the crash of the Genedar. When the genocide of the Draenei began, Auchindoun was besieged by the Bleeding Hollow Clan and the Draenei were either slaughtered or hid away in the temple's furthest reaches.

When the Alliance came through years later, they found the Auchenai still around the area. An Auchenai Anchorite named Nemuraan helped save Kudran Wildhammer, and subsequently healed him back to health, informing the group that the Auchenai would remain in Auchindoun tending to the dead. At some point between then and now, the Shadow Council took over Auchindoun and began to summon Murmur, which wiped out many of the remaining Auchenai and created the Bone Wastes. The in-game lore states the Shadow Council infiltrated the temple and then wiped them out by summoning Murmur, but that doesn't account for the fact that the Bleeding Hollow had already sieged the temple and killed most of the Auchenai. Hell, they even used it as their main base of operations, even though there were still Draenei hiding within it.
Actually, if you read BtDP novel, the Bone Wastes was already there when the Alliance was sent to rescue Kurdran. The explosion of Auchindoun is also described as the result of the Shadow Council's incursion that released a being that was being held there (Mur'mur).

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 09-14-2014, 03:57 PM

Revenant - Moderator

The Bone Wastes got created twice... just ignore that.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Ten.

Years.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:00 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
The Bone Wastes got created twice... just ignore that.
it got super wasted.
Quote:
I love you.
Quote:
based neokitty
Quote:

Closed Thread

Tags