Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

View Poll Results: What are you attracted to and as what do you identify?
Males (Sexually) 23 22.77%
Females (Sexually) 76 75.25%
I'm asexual 4 3.96%
Males (Romantically) 22 21.78%
Females (Romantically) 67 66.34%
I'm aromantic 3 2.97%
I identify as a male 75 74.26%
I identify as a female 12 11.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Wait, Nazja. Back when Luke had that... confused romantic streak of his, you said him that you were a dude. Was that to just calm him down? Or second thoughts on gender identity?

Not trolling, just curious.
Human gender isn't really essentialistic. It is a social construct which is based on certain biological qualities.

That is to say - our understanding of "man" and "woman" in a modern society stretches far beyond sexual organs.

This is why I accept that Xilizhra identifies herself as a woman, for an example. If Nazja identifies as a woman, her physical gender is rather unimportant to me.

But that's just me.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
So you're a male that identifies as female and are attracted to females? Or a female that identifies as male and are attracted to females?
Look at the votes.
The former.

Quote:
I think one should be what one wants to be.
Yep, and that's why I'm content even if others consider me a male. I know what I am, and that is all that matters to me.

Last edited by Nazja; 06-05-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:18 AM

Ashbringer
BattleTag: Montoya#1769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Look at the votes.
The former.
interesting!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 AM

Eternal

I'm a man, and I like men and women both sexually and romantically. To quote the wisdom of Hannah Montana, "You get the beeeeeest of both worlds!"
Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 AM

Elune

Not sure how it's like to identify yourself as female but w/e.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
Human gender isn't really essentialistic. It is a social construct which is based on certain biological qualities.

That is to say - our understanding of "man" and "woman" in a modern society stretches far beyond sexual organs.

This is why I accept that Xilizhra identifies herself as a woman, for an example. If Nazja identifies as a woman, her physical gender is rather unimportant to me.

But that's just me.
That's why I asked for clarification as to what Nazja identifies as. I have remembered the dialogue with Luke and thought "male" for some time. Now I have (some) confirmation of the actual situation.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
I wonder what Ash is trying to say. Is the option he didn't vote for the right one?
Well that only of those that I don't identify with is female.

The reason why voted on genderless blob and male is besides being biologically male I also heavily identify myself with the post-genderism movements. If given the possibility to get rid of gender while keeping the sexual and reproductive side I would probably gladly take it.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
Well that only of those that I don't identify with is female.

The reason why voted on genderless blob and male is besides being biologically male I also heavily identify myself with the post-genderism movements. If given the possibility to get rid of gender while keeping the sexual and reproductive side I would probably gladly take it.
Ah, the checking aromantic and asexual but also the male & female options made me think you were pulling a Torch.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Ah, the checking aromantic and asexual but also the male & female options made me think you were pulling a Torch.
The sexual/romance thing is mainly due to my inexperience and confusion.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:15 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Torch#2569

Quote:
Now that just sounds dirty.

If I die, blame it on BfA
Old 06-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
I think one should be what one wants to be.
That's a very noble view to hold. Sadly we can't just tell human DNA to shove it. Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Not sure how it's like to identify yourself as female but w/e.
It's hard to explain. For me it's mostly the feeling of wanting something i can't possibly ever have, a normal, healthy body with the right organs in the right place... but it's more than that. It goes deep down into the mind. It tells you how to act, how to dress, how to move - and when all of that enters the muscle memory it gives you the human-body-feedback-version of "wtf"-bear-meme-picture because upbringing, education, friends and - most damnig of them all - your own body backstab you into being a man just because you can't change it.
You know I had cravings for good alcohol for a good three weeks now; might as well break my two-years without intoxication and buy a bottle of pina colada tomorrow. Thanks Nazja.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Ha I love that the poll shows people are just a bit more inclined to be attracted to a girl sexually rather than romantically.

Last edited by Shaman; 06-05-2013 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: d'oh
Old 06-05-2013, 10:51 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Pf. Men.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's hard to explain. For me it's mostly the feeling of wanting something i can't possibly ever have, a normal, healthy body with the right organs in the right place... but it's more than that. It goes deep down into the mind. It tells you how to act, how to dress, how to move - and when all of that enters the muscle memory it gives you the human-body-feedback-version of "wtf"-bear-meme-picture because upbringing, education, friends and - most damnig of them all - your own body backstab you into being a man just because you can't change it.
You know I had cravings for good alcohol for a good three weeks now; might as well break my two-years without intoxication and buy a bottle of pina colada tomorrow. Thanks Nazja.
Love you too. The way you explained it was beautiful.

Anyways, Smoke, you can probably tell by Rotal's explanation that it sucks. It kind of breaks you little by little, but you can't really do anything against it.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmoo View Post
Ha I love that the poll shows people are just a bit more inclined to be attracted to a girl sexually rather than romantically.
Nothing wrong with this as long as you're not sexually involved with someone while you're romantically involved with someone else. My take on it.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:51 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I may just be a consevatist but I'm going to stick to the man/woman/other categorization. I have no interest in changing my mind either, no matter how hated and verbally abused I'd be.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
So did you just vote Female (Romantic) and not Female (Sexual) just because you wanted to balance out the poll? As a male, I'd just like to say that I am attracted to females sexually that have no business being on my romantic radar. The same is true for females too. At the moment, since I'm not romantically involved with any women (and since I'm a straight guy), shouldn't my vote be Female (Sexual) by default?

P.S. Yes you read that right. I am single. The line forms over here to my right.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 06-05-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 PM

Revenant - Moderator

So, on the not-progressive side of things, what have you heard that someone identifies as that you refuse to accept as a gender? Like in those 4chan jokes of the near future that turn out to be rooted in serious opinions. Or do you accept all identities?

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 06-05-2013 at 12:33 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM

Banished

On Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesday, I identify as a female. On Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays, I identify as a male. On Sundays, I'm a gay whore. If you have a problem with that, you're just a narrow-minded republican.

Or something.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
this is both the internet and a really small sampling pool so i don't suggest you read too much into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Banished

Quote:
What's wrong with that? When it comes to women, I think with my dick. I'm in my 20s, after all.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Malice#2774

I personally think it's totally fine to simply not agree or acknowledge anything on a personal level, as long as it doesn't cause any harm.

For an example, not believing in transgenderism is fine. I'd take issue with people who don't believe in it only when it comes to, say, politics. Swedish law is a prime example, as the Swedes often pride themselves on having foregone barbaric and medieval policies regarding forced sterilization of "lesser" humans (up until the 1970's, that included colored people, jews, homosexuals, lesbians, abortionists, romani and women who enjoyed sex).

Today, Sweden only practices barbarism against transgendered people.

We're very open minded here.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Elune

And here I thought Swedes were a friendly sort.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:27 PM

Elune

Quote:
Because most of SoL is to immature to entertain romantic relationships without inherently linking them to sexual urges.

Least, thats my answer, and i'm sticking with it.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Elune

Not sure why a bunch of young men who are more into women sexually instead of romantically is a problem. That's pretty much college.
Quote:
Quote:

Tags
big and fuzzy is best, realspace, voyeurism