Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 08-25-2018, 04:28 PM

Loremaster

Interestingly, a number of the Tortollan quests in Zuldazar have them indicating that the naga seemingly aren't just doing what they're doing because Azshara told them to. The questgivers observe that the naga seem strangely desperate and afraid as if there's something driving them other than loyalty to their queen.

Like just maybe with Azeroth bleeding and the player scrambling to fix it, after ten thousand years the clock's finally ticking down on N'zoth's window of opportunity to escape and they're under the gun to fulfill Azshara's side of the deal.

After all, even despite his containment N'zoth was able to turn them into what they are. If they fail to set him free, what's to stop him taking that back and just letting them all drown in the depths?

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-25-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Old 08-25-2018, 06:34 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

What if Azeroth was always under torment, and Sargeras' sword just made the wound apparent so entities could work on healing it?
Old 08-25-2018, 07:27 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

K, real talk. Horde gets “Dolly and Dot are My Best Friends.” Alliance gets “Our Poor Little Village is Dead.” I think we can see the clear bias.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:02 PM

Arch-Druid

Anyone cared to explore the Alliance ship after completing the War Campaign? All champions and some other characters are there. Umbric is all sinister in a dark corner, Kelsey is checking Wyrmbane's stuff, Shandris rests alongside her hypogriph (and talks about not resting until avenging for Teldrassil), Keeshan talks about Bravo Company, even the recruit that was captured by the Sethrak is there.

I still wonder why Aysa and Enaara are also included in the ship. Are they planned to be future champions? Would be interesting.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-25-2018, 09:50 PM

Arch-Druid

I want to see exarch garrosh lightscream
Old 08-25-2018, 10:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Brothers and sisters,

Decades have passed since the last vestiges of the Legion were driven from Draenor. We could not have accomplished this noble undertaking without the aid of the orc clans, united as the Mag'har.

Our fondest wish is for all the people of Draenor to remain unified in purpose. Sadly, this dream is not shared by all of those who once stood beside us.

Many noble orcs have embraced the Light. Exarch Hellscream has been an example for his people to follow. Yet sadly, even his own father resists the true path.

I believe with all my heart that the Mag'har are destined to join us as servants of the Light. But first, they must be taught to trust the naaru as we do.

The Light Mother has blessed me with visions. I know that one day the Army of the Light will march across the Great Dark Beyond and bring order to countless troubled worlds.

That bold future begins here. With us. We must make Draenor whole again.

I call upon you all to ensure that the future promised by the Light Mother is fulfilled. Purge the infection that prevents Draenor's heart from being whole.

The Light will forge a new future for the orcs... but first, we must save the Mag'har from themselves.

No more division. No more defiance. In the Light, we shall be one.

confirmed exarch (garrosh) hellscream and as we suppose the mother of light (xera) is the one who leads the lightbound
Old 08-25-2018, 10:54 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

I must say I really like the Azerite system. Thunderous Blast, for instance, is a cool-looking, strong trait that makes you wish it was available in more pieces so you could 3-stack it.

Thunderous Blast also suggests me the idea of making a RP character on the likes of Olaf, a warrior bringing down thunders with his axes, or even a White Tiger monk with all the Xuen glyphs plus the thunder for extra effect.

And even if you aren't pushing for the highest DPS traits, but say, do you have a rogue? Obviously you'll want Dagger in the Back and Tidal Surge. Those flying dagger-shaped water projectiles cement the fantasy of rogueing in BFA.

Latent Poison is also a rather fun and engaging trait for Survival, not to mention the dynamics of Protection's Deafening Crash and Callous Reprisal.

It has the best of both worlds: interactive gameplay and fluff content.

Last edited by Krainz; 08-26-2018 at 03:51 AM..
Old 08-26-2018, 03:08 AM

Arch-Druid

Both Questlines seem to have voice acting missing, which some people critizised on Youtube Comments.

But that might get patched in. (Both videos seem to be from Korea.)

They also look quite more time consuming to do than the Void Elf/Nightborne ones. (And a bit more difficult. The Time Echo Encounter Mobs seem to have lots of health.)

@Xera:

Yeah. And it is as good as clear that the Lightbound somehow will come to MU Azeroth and cause problems.

Yrel didn't sound actually evil in the scenario, only completly brainwashed by Xera. (Who knows, what MU Xera would have done on Azeroth, if Illidan hadn't killed her.)

Last edited by Vineyard; 08-26-2018 at 03:11 AM..
Old 08-26-2018, 06:59 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Both Questlines seem to have voice acting missing, which some people critizised on Youtube Comments.

They also look quite more time consuming to do than the Void Elf/Nightborne ones. (And a bit more difficult. The Time Echo Encounter Mobs seem to have lots of health.)

@Xera:

Yeah. And it is as good as clear that the Lightbound somehow will come to MU Azeroth and cause problems.

Yrel didn't sound actually evil in the scenario, only completly brainwashed by Xera. (Who knows, what MU Xera would have done on Azeroth, if Illidan hadn't killed her.)
I wonder if Anduin would be ok with forced conversion. He believes in the Light and wants peace....... Probably not....... He wouldn't..... would he? Nah.....
Old 08-26-2018, 07:45 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

@Xera:

what will happen with turalyon and with LF draenei when he will return to the command of her au army of light?

It would be interesting
Old 08-26-2018, 10:18 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
@Xera:

I'm not even sure it's AU Xe'ra any more. Remember that our first clue about Alleria studying the Void was that she had traveled to AU Draenor and went to the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds at some point during or before WoD. Maybe Xe'ra went to AU Draenor as well once we left to recruit the AU draenei before her starting her Illidan plans?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:58 AM

Eternal

While I'm eager to see an alternate 'better' Garrosh that uses the Light, this whole 'Garrosh is awesome in every reality except in this one somehow' thing is overdoing the whitewashing they're obviously attempting. I mean 'in some he's seen as the best Warchief ever' come on. It'd be enough to just say he has some good versions in other realities and just leave it at that. I'm still eager to see this alternate Garrosh though, sounds like it could be cool. Shame we'll never see a positive Gul'dan though.

Thrall's sister or whatever is as disappointing as I thought she'd be, hope we don't see too much of her in the future.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:28 PM

Arch-Druid

Everything about Alternate Draenor just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I really can't stand it.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:42 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
While I'm eager to see an alternate 'better' Garrosh that uses the Light, this whole 'Garrosh is awesome in every reality except in this one somehow' thing is overdoing the whitewashing they're obviously attempting. I mean 'in some he's seen as the best Warchief ever' come on. It'd be enough to just say he has some good versions in other realities and just leave it at that. I'm still eager to see this alternate Garrosh though, sounds like it could be cool. Shame we'll never see a positive Gul'dan though.

Thrall's sister or whatever is as disappointing as I thought she'd be, hope we don't see too much of her in the future.
Wasn’t it pointed out that in the Timeway where WoD takes place, Garrosh was never born? That his mother died without ever bearing Grommash any sons? I suppose they could retcon that. Or have Grom remarry and have a different son. Or............ What if Y’rel ressurected our Garrosh?

Also, they brought War Gronn to Azeroth with them!
Old 08-26-2018, 01:50 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I'm not even sure it's AU Xe'ra any more. Remember that our first clue about Alleria studying the Void was that she had traveled to AU Draenor and went to the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds at some point during or before WoD. Maybe Xe'ra went to AU Draenor as well once we left to recruit the AU draenei before her starting her Illidan plans?
Or it might not be Xe'ra at all. Being as controlling and absolutist as Xe'ra is might be something particular to the Prime Naaru, and the fact that O'ros was evidently the only naaru still alive who descended from Xe'ra (meaning A'dal and the others aren't descended from her) indicates she's not the only Prime Naaru in existence (MU or AU.) Even without an alternate version of Xe'ra being involved, there could be others like her out there.

Though admittedly if they go expanding the Army of the Light like that, it'd start to contradict the whole idea in Legion of Turalyon's forces on Argus being the AoL's last gasp and the Light's resistance being over if they fell.

Really, they completely squandered the one perfect time when it would have made sense to reunite us with our naaru-led allies from TBC. They're supposed to be part of the Army of the Light too, so where were they? The Sha'tar, Aldor, Scryers and Shattered Sun should have been involved on Argus, if not helping to stop the Legion's invasion of Azeroth. Hell, even the Sons of Lothar should have showed up as a force. Instead we got these Lightforged nobodies foisted off on us as being the whole AoL and now the Light-championing cast of TBC have been left with no good narrative reason to even continue existing, let alone ever show up again.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:56 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Interesting detail I'd missed from the Forbes interview. All the complaints about Stormsong Valley being disjointed and the worst zone have some merit, it apparently was BfA's version of Gorgrond where they significantly changed the storyline of the zone "last minute."

They never intended the Horde to be involved in Stormsong, and early datamining and screenshots show all of their quests were originally going to be about quillboars, hence why the quillboars are relegated to random sidequests and a bunch of the zone isn't used in the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Or it might not be Xe'ra at all. Being as controlling and absolutist as Xe'ra is might be something particular to the Prime Naaru, and the fact that O'ros was evidently the only naaru still alive who descended from Xe'ra (meaning A'dal and the others aren't descended from her) indicates she's not the only Prime Naaru in existence (MU or AU.) Even without an alternate version of Xe'ra being involved, there could be others like her out there.
Yrel refers to their naaru benefactor as "the Light Mother" in that letter, which is a title that's only be used for Xe'ra, though.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 08-26-2018 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-26-2018, 02:17 PM

Arch-Druid

@BC: Well, we had Liadrin.
@Sha'tar: Well, at least a part of them were killed in Theramore by the Mana Bomb. (Just looked into the Wowpedia Article.)

@Stormsong: It isn't really that bad. Imo. Gorgrond was far worse.
(It actually had one of my favorite "questlines" in the Expansion, "Deadliest Cache".)

@Xe'ra:

Hmm...... are the Garrison Quests actually canon?
Old 08-26-2018, 02:40 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Yrel refers to their naaru benefactor as "the Light Mother" in that letter, which is a title that's only be used for Xe'ra, though.
Perhaps, but then again, the naaru other than O'ros had to some from somewhere. If they too came from a Prime Naaru, then that one could be considered their particular "Light Mother" and identify itself as such.

So far we only see Xe'ra called that because we haven't actually met any others like her. If other such Prime Naaru exist, then they might reasonably be called the same thing by their followers.

Last edited by ARM3481; 08-26-2018 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-26-2018, 03:07 PM

Arch-Druid

Old 08-26-2018, 03:53 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Wasn’t it pointed out that in the Timeway where WoD takes place, Garrosh was never born? That his mother died without ever bearing Grommash any sons? I suppose they could retcon that. Or have Grom remarry and have a different son. Or............ What if Y’rel ressurected our Garrosh?

Also, they brought War Gronn to Azeroth with them!
Honestly I just presumed Grom and his mate just had Garrosh later, but I forgot the mother died. It would seem that this isn't an alternate Garrosh after all, but then again that makes the whole making Garrosh seem like a great guy in other realities strange. Now I'm confused

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:00 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Interesting detail I'd missed from the Forbes interview. All the complaints about Stormsong Valley being disjointed and the worst zone have some merit, it apparently was BfA's version of Gorgrond where they significantly changed the storyline of the zone "last minute."

They never intended the Horde to be involved in Stormsong, and early datamining and screenshots show all of their quests were originally going to be about quillboars, hence why the quillboars are relegated to random sidequests and a bunch of the zone isn't used in the storyline.
Then why the F**K change it at the last minute? What purpose does it serve other then making horde players feel even more like monsters then before?
Old 08-26-2018, 04:13 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post

Though admittedly if they go expanding the Army of the Light like that, it'd start to contradict the whole idea in Legion of Turalyon's forces on Argus being the AoL's last gasp and the Light's resistance being over if they fell.

Really, they completely squandered the one perfect time when it would have made sense to reunite us with our naaru-led allies from TBC. They're supposed to be part of the Army of the Light too, so where were they? The Sha'tar, Aldor, Scryers and Shattered Sun should have been involved on Argus, if not helping to stop the Legion's invasion of Azeroth. Hell, even the Sons of Lothar should have showed up as a force. Instead we got these Lightforged nobodies foisted off on us as being the whole AoL and now the Light-championing cast of TBC have been left with no good narrative reason to even continue existing, let alone ever show up again.
I think they were there. High Priestess Ishana was the Innkeeper on the Vindicaar. They talk about how the Draenei have never mustered so large an Army. They just didn’t bother with Aldor/Shata’ri banners and tabards. It’s a pity. After fleshing our the subdivision of Draenei in WoD, they completely ignore it in Legion.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:25 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
I think they were there. High Priestess Ishana was the Innkeeper on the Vindicaar. They talk about how the Draenei have never mustered so large an Army. They just didn’t bother with Aldor/Shata’ri banners and tabards. It’s a pity. After fleshing our the subdivision of Draenei in WoD, they completely ignore it in Legion.
Ishanah had previously come to Azeroth in Wolfheart to stand in for Velen as the draenei representative during the vote to admit the worgen into the Alliance, so her presence isn't really indicative of the whole Aldor coming over to fight the Legion.

Honestly I'd have had them do something like teleport a reclaimed Tempest Keep to reinforce the AoL on Argus. Have it intercept the fleet of Legion ships crossing through to Azeroth with maybe a five-man where players help fight off Legion landing parties on the dimensional fortress's ramparts.

Instead we didn't even see any naaru who weren't Xe'ra get directly involved in the war. They tell us Legion was the whole of Azeroth fighting off the largest invasion ever, but they only show a microscopic fraction of it, insisting that this whole gargantuan war was going on off-screen (and somehow didn't even result in a single demon laying a finger on Kul Tiras or Zandalar). It was StarCraft 2's zerg invasion all over again; "this huge war's going on, but you'll just be screwing around in a tiny corner of it." If you can't show it, then don't commit to it. A conceptual endeavor as massive as Legion should never have even been attempted within the confines of WoW.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:57 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Then why the F**K change it at the last minute? What purpose does it serve other then making horde players feel even more like monsters then before?
They said they felt the quillboars were too boring to be an enemy (which makes me wonder why they brought them back in Kul Tiras in the first place).
Old 08-26-2018, 06:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
They said they felt the quillboars were too boring to be an enemy (which makes me wonder why they brought them back in Kul Tiras in the first place).
Indeed.

Frankly, fighting the Horde is much more meaningful than having quilboar. This is faction war, but we don't see any of it outside of Stormsong. And it makes sense that the Horde is the one attacking.

I'm pretty sure Alliance will launch a major attack on Zandalar soon. The War Campaign foreshadows it heavily.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft