Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Default Yaskaleh's fanwank, ideas for a revived Quel'dorei state and people.

For a long time I've been thinking, how would I add High elves as a race for the Alliance?

First problem would be leadership, who would lead them?
I'd suggest reviving their queen, with a young daughter of her and Anasterian as heir.
I'd base her personality on Margaret Thatcher and Cadsuane Sedai from Wheel of Time. An iron lady who isn't afraid of manipulation to get what she wants.
I'd also return the lost grandfather of the Windrunner sisters, who haven't been heard of since the first Well of Eternity book. He'd be the militairy advisor of the queen.

I'd make two new characters of importance.
A retired general and former member of the Convocation of Silvermoon. As he guided survivors in the wilds of Zul'aman he became very devoted to the Light, gaining strength through it to endure and survive. He'd be a self-taught Paladin with much influence over the new nation.
I'd make an anicent archmage who'd be the last of their most ancient archmagi, Bel'Remar Earthheart, who grew up together with Anasterian. At an age of 3000 he'd be the oldest High elf alive. He'd be the one who saved the queen and her daughter when Silvermoon fell along with most of his clan's supporters and allies except his family which got almost wiped out. Of his once numerous clan only he and four other youngsters survived, all descended from him. Three siblings of the main line and their distant cousin.

Now to the issue of a homeland. I'd go with the lore from the role playing books which stated that the high elves of Theramore ventured out into northern Kalimdor searching for lands to call their own.
I'd add a stretch of land going north from aszhara and then west ending next to darkshore.

As I'm not a master at Paint, it is about twice as large as I intended it to be.
Light green is flat land by the coast, green is hills and forests and dark green is steep hills and highland merging with Hyjal. The blue dots are larger settlements. The black line is a large road going through the lowlands ending at the splintered plateu just north of Aszhara. This highland will become a battlezone later as the horde, mostly orcs, goblins and blood elves, tries to crush the young nation.

An area of flat land by the coast, rolling hills midway to mount Hyjal and steeper hills going up and merging into mount hyjal.
The season would be comparable with early spring, snow thawing in the north with full spring in the the eastern and southern parts. I've drawn inpsiration from north western Italy and northern Sweden, Massive monutain range going from mountainous area to hills ending in flat land at the ocean, split by several large rivers fed by thawing snow from Winterspring. The area between the second and fourth river would become the bread basket of quel'dorei, good farmland thanks to warm currents originating from Sholazar Basin. This coastal area would have been quite harsh if not for the warm currents.

Their main city, though not a real capital but comparable to Theramore in size, would be built from the ruins of an ancient night elf city, the majority of it still in ruins and half submerged by the sea. It would be on the northeastern coast at a river mouth marked as a large blue dot on the map.
The player would start at level 5 in the west ( level 1-5 happens in another area). A minor landing called Earthheart port in the shadow of a steep small plateau, with a town on top called Earthheart's Refuge. This small plateau will be different from the rest of the lands, having once been part of Quel'thalas.
I'll return later to explaining their new homeland.

One large issue with them are their numbers. This I'd adress with some thousands of them surviving unknown to the rest of Azeroth. They've been busy gathering the scattered survivors and shiping them over to their new homeland, that's why they haven't done much since the death of Arthas. I'd also add the half elves as a subgroup, similiar to the broken among the exodar draenei. The tension between the High elves and their mix blooded cousins could bring interesting storylines. I'd have it be the queen who has made the offer of sharing their new home with the half elves.
With this we could have prominent half elves emerge onto the scene, such as Arator the Redeemer and Finnall Goldensword.

High elven experience level 1-5

You start out as one of the pilgrims who journey to the Sunwell. Taela Everstride greets you and takes you on a tour of the area, telling the player of some of the events leading up to the reignition of the Sunwell. She tells you that she despises the blood elves and is opposed to Auric Sunchaser who seeks to mend relations with the blood elves. She talks about her years in Outland, telling the player that she misses Alleria, Thalressar and Rellian who dissapeared years ago. She hints that she and Rellian had been close. She stops you infront of Liadrin and those who listens to her, saying that if all blood elves were like Liadrin she might reconsider her stance towards them but that Liadrin is part of a minority, that few of her precious blood knights listens to her. Taela then leads you to the Sunwell itself so that you can tie yourself to it, permanently halting the effects of the withdrawal. She tells you that she hasn't done so, thinking that it would not be in the best interest of the high elves to be dependant on something controlled by the blood elves. She thinks that strengthening their resolve and learning to cope with the absence would be better for their people in the long run.

The player never get a chance to bask in the glory of the Sunwell as Rommath and a female blood elf warlock barges into the room followed by rogues and magisters. They confront Auric and demands that the high elves leave the Sunwell by order of the Regent lord. Liadrin join them, wondering what this is all about. They argue loudly, culminating in the warlock murdering Auric by burning him to cinders with fel flames.

To be Continued...

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Last edited by Yaskaleh; 07-16-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 12:53 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Saved for more text

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!