Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM

Banished

Map The Royal and Most Illustrious Explorers' League: Base Camp

This thread will be used to lay out the rules, expectations and guidelines for the proper storylines. Here you will create the persona you wish to assume in the next Explorers' League expedition. You will choose a name, a sex, a class and a brief biography.

I will endeavor to keep the rules as simple as possible. You cannot control other peoples' Dwarves. That is...about as extensive a regulation as I think is necessary. If you try to god-mode, I will crush you, because I am the Game Master and I can do that.

You will assemble your current characters here. I will then assign you each two inventories. One, your collective inventory, will be shared and accessed by all Dwarves. The other will be your set of personal belongings, which others may not access.

I will make another thread, when we are ready, that will deposit seven Dwarves into a stretch of untamed wilderness, wherein the responsibility will be shifted over to you. You will be responsible for mining out passages and chambers and building up your Bastion. To make things easier, there will not be an extensive system of precious minerals and valuable metals. Your primary resources will be stone and wood. You will need to eat a meal a day to survive. If you go five days without a meal, you die. I will determine the passage of days as I see fit. It is likely that I will allow each Dwarf one entry per day.

Occasionally I'll send Kobolds, Gnolls, Murlocs and Horde scum to harass you. I will use my complex battle algorithms to determine who survives.

I have no doubt that many Bastions will fall. But that's not going to be a problem, is it? Losing is fun.

If any of you people have suggestions to add from your experience with such projects as the Great War, I would be happy to hear them.

You may begin crafting your Dwarves...now.

EXPEDITION ROSTER 1:

-Volkrin Volkrinsson, Male, Warrior
-Dagnor Coalshank, Male, Rogue
-Richard 'KillChrono' Chandler, Male, Warlock
-Erthad Ironbrow, Male, Warrior
-Mal Revarist, Male, Mage
-Valabelle Blackhammer, Female, Paladin
-

Last edited by Mustrum; 03-20-2012 at 09:36 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 02:46 PM

The Digger

Okay, keeping in mind that I have no idea what I'm doing and this is probably terrible, here's my character idea:

Quote:
Volkrin Volkrinsson

Born in the town of Volkrinton (Founded by his ancestor Jebdiah T. Volkrin), Volkrin spent much of his younger days engaging in the dwarven national sport of competitive hole digging. Starting in the little league with only a wooden spade to his name Volkrin constantly challenged himself to lower and lower depths of skill. From the double-helix tunnel twister to the dangerous chasm-crasher maneuver, the lad took to dirt like a dwarf to dirt.

Eventually Volkrin grew bored with normal digging regulations and tried to expand the scope of the sport. He took up tinkership as a side hobby and tried to invent new tools for digging. After many failed experiments and regrowing of his eyebrows Volkrin eventually reached the point where he could reliably assemble a toaster over without giving his house an impromptu skylight.

He tried to apply those skills to his digging, creating mechanical digging apparatuses like the TunnelTerror500, or the ambitious (but admittedly ill-advised) RockFucker X-Treme. Unfortunately, the Diggers International Group was well set in its ways and saw Volkrin's attempt to innovate the sport as an inexcusable insult to their ancient traditions. They expelled him from the league and blacklisted him from competitive digging.

Disgraced, Volkrin wants a chance to prove that his digging techniques are just as worthy of respect as more ancient ways, and so has signed up to embark upon the mission with the Explorer's league in the hopes that proving his ideas in the field will count for something back home.

Last edited by Volkrin; 03-19-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Banished

Good show!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

I'll post a bio in 2 or 3 hours.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:29 PM

Banished

Dagnor Coalshank

Dagnor hails from a long line of miners who made a living with mining thorium. Or rather used to. Mining thorium is a dangerous profession and alas, Dagnor is currently the last of that long line after almost the entire enterprise (as well as Dagnor's left eye) found its demise in a mining accident involving gushing lava and angrily howling living fire.
Bereft of all he ever knew, Dagnor desperately turned to his lifelong friend Gin, an oddly quiet Gnome of elusive nature, and asked her if she could help him out in any way: as long as it kept his stein full he was willing to do it. Gin indeed had some jobs that Dagnor could be helpful with. Especially his knowledge of explosives and navigating the dark proved very useful to her.
Quickly, Dagnor found himself initiated in a ring of "procurers and purveyors" that operated all over the Kingdoms. As it turns out, his skill and luck in procuring gold and other valuables (sometimes involving brass knuckles or a brandished blackened dagger) was greater than his skill in procuring thorium.
This "procuring and purveying" might have made a certain human noble, who might be in a league with a ring of procurers and purveyors of his own, very mad.
When asked about it, this noble will of course deny to ever have heard of Dagnor or how he ended up in a precarious situation involving the captain of the guard, who happens to share the same last name as this certain noble's wife, leading a group of guardsmen into a room with a dead man on the floor and an one eyed and very baffled dwarf right beside him.
Gin took pity on her friend and pulled some strings to bail him out. For a price though: a favor to a friend of Gin in the Explorer's League who is looking for fresh blood to start a new enterprise involving ... mining.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:41 PM

Lord of Time

I'm too cool to care if it's any good.

Quote:
Richard Chandler never had many friends at the Warlock Academy, neither did he ever really figure out why.
He who was always such a likeable, handsome fellow -his mom used to tell him so all the time.
Maybe it was because of the excessive masturbating and bad body odor,
or maybe it was just because being the only dwarf with autism in the whole dwarven land of Tangerud Hill doesn't really contribute to your social life as a dwarf.

Either way it didn't really matter to him, for as long as he had his loyal, if a little dimwitted companion, Slowponichu, he was ready for anything.
And thus began the tale of Richard 'Chrono' Chandler, the autistic warlock and his companion, Slowponichu the dimwitted.
Quote:
Extra

As a young maiden his mother was captured by bronze dragons and brought to a huge nest.
There she was passed around among the male dragons and used for various sexual pleasures.
The collective sperma of these proud dragons ended up impregnating the poor, mutilated woman, and thus Richard was born.
Because of this he inhabits certain skills native to the bronze dragons, thus earning him the nickname Chrono.
His mother later died, her mutilated and broken body simply not able to withstand living anymore.
He has since then sworn revenge on the dragons, earning him a new nickname among dwarves and dragons alike; Killchrono.

Last edited by Nozdormu; 03-19-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 05:50 PM

Elune

Footman

Erthad Ironbrow was once an accomplished Thane in the halls of Durak'dun. He became famous for defending the Gun'dok mines from wave after waves of troggs, gnolls, and kobolds. Erthad was given a rune covered hammer, a set of the mightiest dwarven armor, and the Shield of Durak the Dragonslayer as a reward for his heroic actions(a massive dwarven tower shield that is said to be impervious to dragon's fire). Unbeknownst to everyone the attack had been orchestrated by a rival house of dwarves who were set on becoming the main power in the Gundbag Mountains. The attack devastated them financially, and they swore revenge against the dwarf who ruined their plan.

Years later the Lord of Durak'dun was murdered and Erthad was blamed. Erthad fled Durak'dun with only his hammer and shield in hand, the armor on his back, and half a flagon of mead. Erthad wandered Khaz Modan until he came across a caravan of dwarves who were being attacked by filthy Dark Iron scum. Erthad jumped in to action helping the dwarves fight off the Dark Irons. Erthad slew every Dark Iron who dared challenge him proving his might to the dwarves. After the Dark Iron had been routed the leadr of the caravan, a high ranking member of the Explorer's League offered Erthad a job as a captain in the Explorer's Leage paramilitary.

Erthad is a strong, burly dwarven warrior/Mountain King with great, brown, braided beard. Think of him as a mix between these:
Mountain King
http://dotawarcraft.info/poze_big/Mo..._Wallpaper.jpg
Vault Warden:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...in_873x627.jpg
Ironbreaker:
http://www.captrosha.com/legends/WAR...ronbreaker.jpg

Last edited by Erthad; 03-19-2012 at 05:53 PM..
Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Banished

Still waiting on three players.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 PM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Are we limited to WoW's class selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
Are we limited to WoW's class selection?
Not necessarily.

What do you have in mind?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Not necessarily.

What do you have in mind?
I don't, I just thought that would be a good thing to ask.

I'll work on something. Probably a woman. Don't want it to be too much of a sausagefest, do we?

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
I don't, I just thought that would be a good thing to ask.

I'll work on something. Probably a woman. Don't want it to be too much of a sausagefest, do we?
No, indeed.

Watch out for Nozdormu, though. He gets these...urges...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 AM

Okay.

Quote:
Valabelle Blackhammer

Being a Dark Iron dwarf, Valabelle was often treated with distrust. One of the few places that treated her fairly was the Church of the Holy Light, as so she was a devout follower. Devout enough to become a Paladin. Embracing her family name, she carries a warhammer of dark iron.

Valabelle's mother was an archaeologist before her father unfortunately died of a heart attack when she was very young. While mother was forced to turn to more mundane, profitable careers to keep her family afloat, she would often take Valabelle to the museum. Valabelle became every bit an enamored with the past as her mother, and thus lent her services to the Explorer's League.

She's a lesbian, so don't you horny bastards get any ideas unless you want a hammer to the dangly parts.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Never done this before so, here goes:

Quote:
Mal Revarist, Male, Mage

Sired in Ironforge, Mal forgone standard warrior training and decided to focus in Dalaran as a mage since getting his hands dirty was not his style. While his parents who were farmers did not particularly approve of this, they funded his travels anyway. While Mal was a rather mediocre mage compared to his peers, he could hold his own for awhile in a bout before exhausting himself. He returned to Ironforge before the sacking of Dalaran by the Scourge, and it was then he realized the necessity of melee combat when enemies are in your face.

He joined the Explorer's Guild knowing the many magical artifacts that await.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:01 AM

Banished

Ah. Quick note. This takes place during Round Two of Curnrist Tries to Help.

See After the End for more details.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:18 AM

Blackhammer.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Banished

My time here is almost expended. The last player had best hurry if he wants this to happen.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM

Elune

Footman

You can't leave.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM

Banished

My time is slipping awaaaaaaay...
Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 AM

Banished

Map Expedition Roster: Storm Peak Site #01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is hereby declared by Lord Brann Bronzebeard the First in the name of the Royal and Most Illustrious Explorers' League that the undersigned are to be provisioned and supplied appropriately for an expedition to the Storm Peaks for the purposes of establishing there a permanent Bastion of Ashidur.

-Volkrin Volkrinsson, Male, Warrior, Chief of Mining Operations
-Dagnor Coalshank, Male, Rogue, Auxilliary Miner and Hunter
-Richard 'KillChrono' Chandler, Male, Warlock, Guard
-Erthad Ironbrow, Male, Warrior, Guard
-Mal Revarist, Male, Mage, Assessor of Unidentified Artifacts
-Valabelle Blackhammer, Female, Paladin, Medic
-Canon Foddersson, Male, Warrior, Cook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt of Supplies and Provisions

Collective Inventory:
-200 standard-cut blocks of Stone
-200 standard-cut logs of Wood
-Three standard-issue Mining Picks
-Three standard-issue Forestry Axes
-Three standard-issue Shovels
-21 rations of yak jerky
-Seven bedrolls

Volkrin Volkrinsson Personal Belongings:
-One contraband Rockfucker X-Treme, prototype
-One dual-grooved wide-bore Mining Pick
-One triple-notched Engraving Pick
-One Battle Pick
-One Volkrinsson family heirloom
-Two Gold Shovel Mining Competition awards
-Clothes on his back

Dagnor Coalshank Personal Belongings:
-Two custom-forged Shanker's Knives
-One single-grooved Mining Pick
-One Bladed Shovel
-One set Iron Knuckles
-Leather Armor on his back

Richard Chandler Personal Belongings:
-One suspicious duffel bag emitting muffled complaints
-One Warlock Staff
-One picture of Mum
-Clothes on his back

Erthad Ironbrow Personal Belongings:
-One Giant Hammer
-One Legendary Shield
-One Dark Iron Head Trophy from the Unity Wars
-One Beard Care and Treatment Kit
-Runic Plate Armor on his back

Mal Revarist Personal Belongings:
-One Wizard Staff
-One Battle Axe
-One Wizard Hat, Robe
-One set of Chain Armor
-One Tome on the identification of ancient artifacts
-One temporally anomalous energy signature
-Clothes on his back

Valabelle Blackhammer Personal Belongings:
-One Giant Hammer
-One Talisman of the Holy Light
-One Fossilized Memento
-One Picture of Lady Moira Bronzebeard
-Plate Armor on her back

Canon Foddersson Personal Belongings:
-One Set of Cutlery
-One Cooking Pot
-One Spice Rack
-One Flint and Tinder
-One standard-issue Chef's Hat
-Standard-issue Chef's Uniform on his back

Last edited by Mustrum; 03-24-2012 at 07:11 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Elune

Crossed Swords (War2)

Do you want me to write out an entire paragraph? Or is it more like the other stuff?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM

Banished

Do what you think is best. You are in control of these characters, not me. If you want me to compile your character's actions into juicy, delicious prose, then I will do so, but I'd need considerably more specific commands than before. Maybe your character keeps a journal through which he records his actions of the day? Maybe your character has an inner monologue? Be creative.

Or just let me do the heavy lifting, because my writing, while shitty and boring, is still better than yours.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:10 PM

The Digger

Are we supposed to post here, or here?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Are we supposed to post here, or here?
This is the base camp, where characters are made and expeditions are begun. You will be ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL of your characters in the relevant Expedition thread.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

So, can I play?

If you don't let me, I'll watch from the distance and yells curses at your dwarves, making them fall to the pit of insanity.

Well, it's not like I won't be doing exactly that if I get to play.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~